AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-08, 02:18   Link #1741
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Position: Timer
Group: Live-eviL Fansubs
Projects: 2 1980's television series
IRC Channel: #live-evil on irc.enterthegame.com
IRC Contact: Tofusensei
E-Mail: Tofusensei@live-evil.org
Site: http://www.live-evil.org

We currently have 74 scripts sitting that need to be timed. We have 3 timers working on it currently but desperately need more help. The scripts are in bad shape so you must be a little bit masochistic, but most timers are.

This is a serious request so I'd only like to hear from people serious interested in dedicating at least 10 hours/week timing for the next month or so. If you are willing to do this, you will be a full staff member in our group and will enjoy all the craziness that occurs in our staff channel and forums as well O_O;

Please do not be afraid of 80s anime (in the vein of Maison Ikkoku and Project A-ko). Please contact me ASAP via email, irc, or pm on this forum.

-Tofu

Last edited by Tofusensei; 2008-01-08 at 02:35. Reason: typo
Old 2008-01-08, 09:44   Link #1742
Dark_Samurai

Positions Open

Group: Ijimeko-Fansubs

Contact: AkaiWolf, Cobra777, Dark_Samurai, FateDarkSaber, YagamiHayate

Projects: Ayakashi, Hatenkou Yuugi

IRC Channel: #Ijimeko-Fansubs@irc.rizon.net

We are seeking the following staffs for the above-mentioned projects.

1.) Raw Provider
Able to use Winny, Share or Perfect Dark.

Good download and upload speed.

2.) Translators- Japanese< English

Being able to translate from Japanese to English.

Experience Required: No experience is required, but you must know the Japanese and English language well enough to translate.

3.) Translation Checkers
Experience Required: Must be good at Japanese to spot our errors that might be left behind from the other translators.
This requires you to do a check over the translation, not to do a full translation.

4.) Editors

Going through the English translation to make sure it is grammatically sound, and makes sense.
Must also ensure that typos, and other errors in regards to the translation are corrected.

Experience Required: Must have a strong understanding of the English language.

Last edited by Dark_Samurai; 2008-01-08 at 09:52. Reason: IRC chan omitted-lol
Old 2008-01-09, 18:20   Link #1743
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Group: Formula
Project: Hitman Reborn!, Shugo Chara!, LesMis
Position: QCers for all series, editor for LesMis, Raw provider
IRC: #formula-recruits@irc.rizon.net
Web: www.formulasub.com

We need another QCer or two, plain and simple. In addition, if there is anyone who is interested in editing LesMis, I would welcome the help.

Last edited by the.Merines; 2008-01-16 at 18:38. Reason: additions/updates
Old 2008-01-10, 00:20   Link #1744
pichu
*Fansubber

Clavemen Need Men

Menclave is recruiting very experienced karaoke stylers. What (A/SSA, AFX, OverLua, or custom) you use to make them isn't important, but you need to WOW us with your previous work.

Prospective shows can be found on http://mymenclave.com

E-mail: recruit[at]menclave.net
IRC: /msg ScR3WiEuS, Xistance, and b0nk

Last edited by pichu; 2008-01-10 at 00:40.
Old 2008-01-10, 08:03   Link #1745
livs20

AnimeYoshi

Ongoing projects: Kimiaru, Night Wizard, H2O Footprints in the Sand, Persona Trinity Soul

The new season has started and we need some help on some positions.

Recruiting:

Translator or Translation Checker: We need a translator who is good and can be fast. (can get an ep translated within 2 days after it aired) Also need some help with TLC if intrested contact us thanks!

Karaoke AFX/ASS: Looking for someone who has great skills.

If you want to apply for another position you are free to send a e-mail or visit us on irc.

Yes, we are a quality fansub group trying to get the best quality out within our power. Help us!

IRC: #AnimeYoshi@irc.rizon.net or #AY-recruit@irc.rizon.net
Contact: send me a pm here or send a e-mail to animeyoshi@gmail.com

Last edited by livs20; 2008-01-30 at 09:58.
Old 2008-01-11, 16:02   Link #1746
Aaron15
LoneWolf-Sub

A New Group Starting out recruiting no exp req
Position(s):Translation Checkers,Translator(s), Karaoke (Timing and styling), editor, Raw Provider
Group:LoneWolf-Subs
Project(s): Gintama
IRC Channel:LoneWolf-Sub on rizon
IRC Contact: animedemon
forum:http://z4.invisionfree.com/LoneWolf_...ex.php?act=idx

Last edited by Aaron15; 2008-01-14 at 12:45.
Old 2008-01-11, 19:51   Link #1747
False Dawn
Florsheim Monster
*Fansubber

Position: Experienced ASS/AFX Typesetter
Group: Umai Fansubs
Projects: All
IRC Channel: #Umai

We've decided it's about time that we had a TS of our own - for a long time now, we've been relying on outside help for our projects and this has proved problematic. We have a pretty dedicated team and an active translator, but we're missing this key position for all of our projects. Experience is required as the shows we've picked up aren't the most typesetter-friendly ever produced, but we will consider all applications.

Also, on the offchance that there are any translation checkers out there that would be willing to help us with Baccano! - we'd really appreciate your help with it.
Old 2008-01-13, 03:19   Link #1748
amj1190

I need a translator/subtitler for small film project. I will pay!

(EDIT) Help No Longer Needed

Last edited by amj1190; 2008-01-17 at 23:54.
Old 2008-01-13, 14:09   Link #1749
comatose

Group: Rozen
Project(s): True Tears (ep 1,2 released, ep 3 in progress)
Position(s):
  • Sign TS (must know how to work with moving signs and make episode titles look nearly identical to the originals)
  • Timer (you must be able to start timing when asked to, which is usually on Sat or Sun. being capable of scene timing [not sliding off a scene with a line] is a must),
  • Distro (torrents: >100kb/s upload, having servers is a major plus, xdcc: min 10mbit up private or 100mbit up shared) (expected to supply us with a way to use your resources even when you're not around)

IRC Channel: #rozen-fansubs@irc.rizon.net
IRC Contact: Coma, Ruby
E-mail: rozen@hushmail.com

Last edited by comatose; 2008-01-22 at 08:20.
Old 2008-01-15, 00:40   Link #1750
Dragon001
Timer
*Fansubber

Group: Anime-Himitsu

Current Projects: Inukami!

Recruiting:

well basically everything Click Here for a more detailed listing and description of what we're looking for.

Basically i'm looking for translator to hopeful start a new project, we are more then open to any discussion, on any show you may have in mind.

IRC: #anime-himitsu @irc.rizon.net please msg Dragon001
Contact: PM me here or send a e-mail to himitsu.admin[at]gmail.com
Old 2008-01-16, 01:31   Link #1751
cardcrusher

Hi,

I'm selling my ability to translate OP, ED and insert songs, in return for permission to lurk in your staff channel. Translation will be done with Kanji/Kana, romaji and English.

Please PM me if you're interested.
P.S. I do not do any kind of TL,TLC or "fill in the blanks" at all, due to workload constraints.
Old 2008-01-16, 06:18   Link #1752
tapio
sae-chan~

Edit - Positions are filled, we worked out a joint for Minami-ke Okawari.

Last edited by tapio; 2008-01-19 at 04:36. Reason: Added/Removed information - can be deleted.
Old 2008-01-16, 16:59   Link #1753
Fazeshot
GAINAXヲタ

Timer Looking for work

Hello, I am a timer currently looking for a group to join I can also do a little bit of everything else as well as some translating (I am a japanese language student in college almost in japanese 201) as well as some Typesetting basic text placement and stylizing. Also have some experience with Avisynth but don't rely on me for that.

I have timing experience but none of the groups in the past have worked out for me for the long term because of issues with my schedule so I will come out right now and admit.. Yes I am a college student and I go to college full time (5 days a week from 6:00am-3:00pm So weekdays can be rough for me but I have a laptop and an hour break between classes where I can squeeze in timing work on occasion.. So I am NOT looking for a position in a group that demands that I devote every waking hour to the craft. I will be able to work a lot on subs don't get me wrong I don't have a big workload from college so most time after school I can work as well as all weekend into the wee hours of the night.

I consider myself easy to get along with and looking for a group with likewise people.

So if you are interested or want me to explain more about what I have written above then PM me on here or IM me on AIM.

AIM: V1su4l Ke1

IRC: Fazekun

Thanks!

でわまた! キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━!!
Old 2008-01-18, 12:53   Link #1754
Emtee

Group: Ureshii
Position: Translator(s)
Projects: GHOST HOUND, Something you want to do!
IRC Channel: #ureshii @ irc.rizon.net, #ureshii-recruits @ irc.rizon.net
Site: http://ureshii-fansub.org

We are still looking for translators, as our GHOST HOUND translator is currently busy in real life issues. We would like to see if anyone is interested in helping us out on this project.

As in our previous posts we have also asked for translators who are interested in mecha, we would love to do a mecha show. (Doesn't matter if it's a old or new show!) Next to our other projects.

Interested in these positions? join our recruit channel #ureshii-recruits @ irc.rizon.net

Last edited by Emtee; 2008-01-18 at 13:34.
Old 2008-01-18, 20:44   Link #1755
Himawarinohana

Position:translators.distro
Group: SunFlowerSubs
Projects: Sugar Sugar Rune ,and anything the translator wants to do (for right now, we cant have too many shows)

Last edited by Himawarinohana; 2008-01-20 at 01:09.
Old 2008-01-19, 04:55   Link #1756
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Positions: Translators
Group: Yoroshiku
Projects: Various - current and future
IRC: #Yoroshiku@irc.rizon.net
Email: yoroshikufansubs@yahoo.com

I am looking for additional translators to join the team in order to speed up current projects, but also with a view to future projects, a list of suggestions for which can be found on our forums here. The projects haven't been shortlisted yet and won't be until we are closer to finishing off our current projects. I'd really like to get the group back to weekly releases if at all possible.
Old 2008-01-20, 15:27   Link #1757
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Looking for an editor?

I have been working in fansubbing for about six years, primarily as an editor. I have edited for Anime-Kraze, Spoon, Zeonic-Corps and a few others. Some of the projects I've been involved with include Inuyasha, Gundam Seed, Fullmetal Alchemist, etc. I prefer working on seinen and shounen shows. I am really disinterested by shojo and josei titles. My most recent work is available on HTTP download if anyone wants to check it as a sample.

You can contact me by PM here or find me on rizon, my nick is BAMF.
Old 2008-01-20, 20:20   Link #1758
False Dawn
Florsheim Monster
*Fansubber

URGENT APPEAL!

Position: Experienced ASS/AFX Typesetter
Group: Umai Fansubs
Projects: Moyashimon
IRC Channel: #Umai, #uf-recruits

This is an emergency call for any TSer willing to help us out in our time of need. Basically, our typesetter walked out on us because of the sheer amount of signs in this series, and unfortunately, even though we've had two other typesetters helping out, there are still some signs we can't get done. The team still really wants to complete this series which so far doesn't have subs past episode 6 (we've released episode 1 and have several scripts ready to go, just waiting on typesetting to be completed). The project leader has also said that if there is no release by the end of January, then we will have to officially drop the project.

Moyashimon is one of the few series I've enjoyed working on in the past few seasons, and is one of the most original premises for a series I think I've ever seen. I'm desperately trying everything I can to make sure it's not dropped, because I'd hate to see a series like this not seen through to completion.

If you think you can help out, please let us know. This is on a one-project basis only (we will consider joint requests if the applicant can deliver what we need) and the series is only 11 episodes. All other positions are filled, including translator, we are literally just stuck at the typesetting stage.

Thank you for your attention.
Old 2008-01-23, 11:00   Link #1759
LostAnimeFan

Looking for Anyone that shows interest!!

Group: Nisemono-Fansubs

Projects: Himawari 2 and Aria the Origination

Positions Needed: Translation Checkers, Karaokers, and Typesetters

IRC Channel: Nisemono-Fansubs @ irc.rizon.net

IRC Contacts: MurderousAngel or jama

Email: princessofdeath3904@yahoo.com

If you're interested in helping out our group then stop by or leave a message here. I'm looking forward to working with you.
Old 2008-01-23, 16:46   Link #1760
suzaku-nomiko

Group: Live-eviL
Positions Translators Japanese --> English
Projects Galaxy Express 999 And The Snow Queen.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galaxy_Express_999
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=5363

Needed, one or two experienced Japanese --> English translators willing to commit to these projects till their completion. With releases on a 3 week to 1 month window per project preferred.

Contact info.
nomiko@gmail.com
MSN=nomiko@gmail.com
AIM=suzakumik@aol.com
Or apply on forum with ATT to Suzaku|rCGoLE at http://forum.live-evil.org/index.php?board=6.0
Or hop on our IRC site on Enterthegame room #Live-evil and ask for Suzaku|rCGoLE or just "suz" or leave me a PM.

I look forward to working with you.

Thank you.

Meow Baby! =^-^=
Suz

Tags
help thread, recruitment, translator