AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-05-30, 01:34   Link #1741
Tenzen12

My lovely Ashigare! NOOOOOO! Go, Atago kick their ass! ...wait, I am not supposed cheer for this side

Well, at least Vibration warhead is on it's way to america.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 01:50   Link #1742
D-Joe

So Akashi is a loli, don't mind that
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 10:33   Link #1743
JustThisOne
Eternally Ignored

Did not expect to meet Takao's sister in this chapter. And it seems Fog is not as united as I thought it was.
JustThisOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 11:10   Link #1744
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThisOne View Post
Did not expect to meet Takao's sister in this chapter. And it seems Fog is not as united as I thought it was.

Takao's sister?

Ohhhhh BOOOOoooooY!

/popcorn
Old 2014-05-30, 13:40   Link #1745
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Its interesting how the anime ended with them delivering the Vibration warheads showing that America is not in the middle of a civil war and the manga just getting back to that main plot point. xD

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 15:38   Link #1746
J4n1

Quote:
Fog united?
They're like a big dysfunctional family, with bazookas, made completely of teenagers.

And Takao's sister seems to have a grudge over loosing Takao to Iona and co.
Can't wait to see how this developes from here.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 16:45   Link #1747
Tenzen12

Flagships responsible for Japan blockade are overaly mature: Yamato, Nagato, Kongou . They might not like each other but they mantain politicaly correct relationships with each other. Actualy things around Atago are not exception and is proof that there is no particular enemity between ships of different fleets, though they do aknowledge different chains of command.

I would go even so far to say that it's proof of good will, more than anything.
Old 2014-06-01, 02:11   Link #1748
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Flagships responsible for Japan blockade are overaly mature: Yamato, Nagato, Kongou . They might not like each other but they mantain politicaly correct relationships with each other. Actualy things around Atago are not exception and is proof that there is no particular enemity between ships of different fleets, though they do aknowledge different chains of command.

I would go even so far to say that it's proof of good will, more than anything.
Sorry to tell you, but your doujin prediction fails.
Those fog ships' social status are based on WWII's Imperial Japanese Navy(IJN). Before Takao class's arrival, the Miayko class was prominent figure at the time. Kongou class was the idol star of the fleet for many years.
Nagato class is appointed as Admiral's ship. So, this ship was famous at the time. Later, Yamato became the Admiral's ship. However, IJN considers Yamato as their secret weapon. So, they kept Yamato's existence as a secret boss. Yamato did perform when IJN turn against British Pacific Fleet. However, Yamato was damaged by American submarine's torpedo. She had to go throgh long repair and semi-retirement. In the meantime, Musashi became the Admiral's ship.

The correct prediction is Atago's personality. Even she only made one page appearance, she already has the doujinshi(unlike a certain battle cruiser). The doujinshi already predicts that she has the lovely lovely attidute when it comes to Takao-nechan.

There is one unfufilled prediction. The doujinshi predicts that evil Blue Steel captain will abduct the lovely Atago. At least, Blue Steel doesn't have Maya at their side. She is a walking time hazard.

scififan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 03:40   Link #1749
Tenzen12

My doujin prediction? In post you quoted there was no prediction and I am sure I never mentioned any doujinshi in first place. I have to say I don't have clue what are you talking about overaly.

PS: I don't think there is any problem with Maya personality.
Old 2014-06-01, 16:13   Link #1750
Kallamez

Quote:
Takao's sister
Wait, what? Who?
Kallamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 16:26   Link #1751
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallamez View Post
Wait, what? Who?
Man, where have you been all this chapters? Takao’s sister, Atago, is already well-known by now (even if she hasn't talk much). Look at scififan's post above you and D-Joe's post on the previous page .
Old 2014-06-01, 16:36   Link #1752
Kallamez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Man, where have you been all this chapters? Takao’s sister, Atago, is already well-known by now (even if she hasn't talk much). Look at scififan's post above you and D-Joe's post on the previous page .
Sorry haha. Only finished the manga few days ago and only finished reading 54 today.
Kallamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 11:23   Link #1753
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Awww. Atago's jealous.

She is indeed Takao's sister. lol
Old 2014-06-02, 14:08   Link #1754
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Somehow Atago doesn't feels like she's overly jealous about about 401's abduction of her Elder sister Takao. She has this bitter-grudge expression over it.

While Queen Kongo is finishing up her hair-do and pedicure, the school council is being ripped apart. Iona is OP as ****

RIP Ashigara, AP is pissing me off with all these cute girls dog fighting in water, but won't even give in one nicely angled panty-shot to quench mah hunger. (yeah, screw you too Fairytail)

Haven't read the English version yet, but There should be an double issued Fog-Theatre skit for last month (since AP dropped his stomach and his pen), Issue 1. Akashi (repair ship) was busy manufacturing Appegio T-shirts, Issue 2. Akashi made an Empowered-Enviro-suit for #1 to protect him from sickness.

This month had a condensed end panel, Fog theatre continued with #1 being perfectly happy with the Enviro-suit, hinting that he now can draw 4 pages instead of 3, so we can expect an future issue having an extended length.

The World Tour skit wasn't that much exciting, previous issue contained an all-girls chats about Takao's school life. This month's issue was about Hyuga's/Gunzo's newly modified sub-ship, which was completely designed by #2.
Tim yy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 14:22   Link #1755
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Don't read that doujinshi, it will completely ruin Atago's character for you, and no, in there she's not at all lovey-lovey to Takao, simply because her mind was completely f'ed up.
Tim yy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 06:32   Link #1756
D-Joe

Manga vol.9 cover
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 06:34   Link #1757
CrazyPerson

Guessing that's what Hiei's clothes are when she's not in student council attire.
CrazyPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 17:00   Link #1758
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Haha, if there’s ever an Ars Nova season 2 and Hiei will be in it, I hope that cover clothes is the one she will wear in the show like what they did to Kirishima. Enough with highschool uniforms, there’s already billions of characters in millions shows wearing them (even Iona wears a pseudo-sailor uniform in the show >_<).
Old 2014-06-13, 19:12   Link #1759
00Zy99
In Winter, Is Zeong

Ladies and Gentlemen.

I believe that this is what we call "completely overdone" in the clothes department.

Seriously.

Many of these outfits are COMPLETELY impractical for anything, let alone combat. The only exceptions are Iona, Haruna, Kirishima, Atago, Takao, and the Seifuku.

Maya isn't that bad, but Kongo's gown, Yamato's get-ups, and Nagato's kimonos are completely terrible.

If anything happens, they're less than useless-they'll actively get in the way. Yes, they are nanomaterial and all, but the extra little bit of power for taking care of such things is a hindrance.

Not to mention the camouflage issues when on land. That kind of outfit would stick out like a sore thumb.
00Zy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 21:40   Link #1760
Tenzen12

Well clothes ARE from nanomaterials and that"extra bit of power" is negligible.

PS: I wouldn't call Harunas Long coat exactly battle attire either.

Tags
action, comedy, sci-fi, seinen