AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-28, 01:09   Link #1741
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaolix View Post
Do we even NEED to solve all the mysteries in this? It's pretty clear that Lambdadelta did things very differently from Beatrice. Where Beatrice make moves for no reason, as it was said by 34, 34 does not do things for nothing. All moves have a purpose with her and she won't give any free hint with them.

So is there just lots of misdirection, to distract from the real goal, or is there something that is supposed to help us find the truth in there by solving the mysteries?

The only thing I see gained at the end is the definitive removal of someone from the suspect's list.
Spoiler for *Badum Tsh*:

But seriously, I found a lot of hints of characterization myself from the narration. Try not to throw away this game. If only for the subtle hints placed.

Spoiler for Like this for example:

Spoiler for and this:
Old 2009-12-28, 01:13   Link #1742
Mercurius

I've gone through the first 20 pages of this thread, and skimmed through the rest, and I must say it does feel pretty darn good to be somewhat caught up, if only for a few days.

Spoiler for EP5 Review & Notes:
Requesting a small quick check on a possible typo/error:
Spoiler for First Twilight Red Text:
Old 2009-12-28, 01:16   Link #1743
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post
It's probably not worth the time worrying too much about them. Most likely, they'll all be fixed in the EP6 version of the game, and our patch will take those fixes into account.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-12-28, 01:21   Link #1744
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Requesting a small quick check on a possible typo/error:
I also believe it should be just seven people. It was probably a typo on Ryukishi's part, because the error was there in the original game, too.
Original game screenshot.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Old 2009-12-28, 01:21   Link #1745
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
I've gone through the first 20 pages of this thread, and skimmed through the rest, and I must say it does feel pretty darn good to be somewhat caught up, if only for a few days.

Spoiler for EP5 Review & Notes:
Kyrie is...generally odd in this episode. You wouldn't notice it with all the focus given to Erika but she's just acting strange.

She's almost on par with Erika at every turn. She's the one who trapped Natsuhi in the "Who was the last one to see Kinzo" trick, was described as willing to give up her compassion in a situation if needed, told Erika at one point to stop playing detective (and made a pretty snarky mark at her). I don't know why but I just had an odd feeling about her the entire episode.
Old 2009-12-28, 01:27   Link #1746
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

The meta-world explanation is probably that Bern is controlling her piece, but you really have to wonder what's going on with the "real world" throughout all of EP5...
Old 2009-12-28, 01:35   Link #1747
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
The meta-world explanation is probably that Bern is controlling her piece, but you really have to wonder what's going on with the "real world" throughout all of EP5...
Doesn't Lambda control all pieces besides Erika and Battler (although I think Bern stopped using Battler after the 1st twilight).

Eva is also suspicious as well, but at the same time its more of typical Eva behavior, with her receipts and what not.
Old 2009-12-28, 01:38   Link #1748
Arachanox
Trust the red.

What is the Hideyoshi sprite debacle that has been referred to?
Old 2009-12-28, 01:42   Link #1749
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachanox View Post
What is the Hideyoshi sprite debacle that has been referred to?
In the original game after Hideyoshi had died his sprite appeared next to Shannon in one scene. It's basically a major editing problem and Ryukishi acknowledge that it was a mistake.
Old 2009-12-28, 01:58   Link #1750
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Doesn't Lambda control all pieces besides Erika and Battler (although I think Bern stopped using Battler after the 1st twilight).

Eva is also suspicious as well, but at the same time its more of typical Eva behavior, with her receipts and what not.
Is this actually stated? Lambda has certainly been acting pretty sketchy throughout this game, but she shouldn't have anything to gain from having Kyrie trip up Natsuhi.

(Of course, the phone calls are a similar oddity so it's not out of the question.)
Old 2009-12-28, 02:04   Link #1751
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Generally speaking a lot of the adults are acting really odd the entire Ep5. In fact, doesn't anyone find it odd that the adults still treat her cooly after

Spoiler for Ep5 Spoilers:

The only person who seems to have a divergent idea of Erika was piece-Battler, and in fact it's only piece-Battler seems in-character.
Old 2009-12-28, 02:10   Link #1752
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Reaction post:
Old 2009-12-28, 02:10   Link #1753
luckyssol

Do you guys have any idea what kind of dirty trick was played in episode 5?

-It's got to be something almost none of the readers would notice
-Battler, Erika, and Bern didn't notice it (This implies that Lambdadelta does know about it or at least noticed it)

Regarding the level of control of pieces on the board, what about the narration? There are scenes where we are shown the inner thoughts of Battler. Since Battler wasn't a player was it Lambdadelta who created this narration?
Old 2009-12-28, 02:18   Link #1754
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
Do you guys have any idea what kind of dirty trick was played in episode 5?

-It's got to be something almost none of the readers would notice
-Battler, Erika, and Bern didn't notice it (This implies that Lambdadelta does know about it or at least noticed it)

Regarding the level of control of pieces on the board, what about the narration? There are scenes where we are shown the inner thoughts of Battler. Since Battler wasn't a player was it Lambdadelta who created this narration?
Well since Bern and Lambda both run things... actually when you think about it it seems that because Lambda takes on a more "neutral" adjudicator position to Bern's anti-magic playing, the narration would be more controlled by Lambda.
Old 2009-12-28, 02:26   Link #1755
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Generally speaking a lot of the adults are acting really odd the entire Ep5. In fact, doesn't anyone find it odd that the adults still treat her cooly after

Spoiler for Ep5 Spoilers:

The only person who seems to have a divergent idea of Erika was piece-Battler, and in fact it's only piece-Battler seems in-character.
For the red part that only applied to Battler. I doubt that everyone was blown away, unless I read it wrong.

I disagree about the pieces. Natsuhi also has a very bad opinion of Erika throughout the entire game and as I mentioned before Kyrie even told her quite sternly to stop playing detective so that she could come with them to the parlor with Hideyoshi's corpse. And most times they pretty much ignored her unless she was playing detective.

I see it the same with Piece-Battler in the previous games. Everyone always listened intently to him and what he said. This is probably because he's the detective and now Erika is in the same place as he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
I'm sure most of the narration was collaborated between Battler and Lambda, but majorly Lambda was the narrator.

Still the narration became VERY odd near the ending, when Natsuhi's motive started to be explained. It didn't sound like Lambda, Battler or anyone on the gameboard narrating it for that matter. And then Beatrice mentioned somebody with the courage to continue a fight. I'm thinking a new character may appear in EP 6 that may play as an observer role.
Old 2009-12-28, 02:35   Link #1756
ShadowRift
Aku O Tatsu Tsurugi

Spoiler:
Old 2009-12-28, 02:47   Link #1757
Marion
The Great Dine

Kyrie mentioned in EP 4 that everyone had past suspicions about it beforehand. It wasn't just her who suspected he was already dead - she was the only one who was vocal about it. We don't know for sure if Eva spread the word about Hideyoshi's suspicions either, since they all met together in Ginza after the conversations we saw between the couples (Eva + Hideyoshi, Kyrie + Rudolf and then Rosa talking to Rudolf over the phone). Besides Hideyoshi talked to Eva about that before the conference of 1986, so Lambda or whoever couldn't have manipulated him to say that.

As for Hideyoshi in the guest room, it could be coincidental that he was in there. I think he expected it to be locked because pretty much every room is locked up usually in the house. He went in there just to be alone it seems. Still I do see your point.

Also:

Quote:
And then Beatrice mentioned somebody with the courage to continue a fight. I'm thinking a new character may appear in EP 6 that may play as an observer role.
Spoiler for Cap of what I was talking about:

She might mean Battler, but I'm not sure of it completely considering how formally she addresses the person and the way she describes it.
Old 2009-12-28, 02:52   Link #1758
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Kyrie mentioned in EP 4 that everyone had past suspicions about it beforehand. It wasn't just her who suspected he was already dead - she was the only one who was vocal about it. Besides Hideyoshi talked to Eva about that before the conference of 1986, so Lambda or whoever couldn't have manipulated him to say that.
The first call from the man from 19 years ago came before the family conference also, right? So that means he is a common factor, correct?

Maybe the reason Natsuhi rushed out of the parlor (?) in ep 1 was because she went to go find/kill her "son".
Old 2009-12-28, 02:57   Link #1759
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer View Post
The first call from the man from 19 years ago came before the family conference also, right? So that means he is a common factor, correct?

Maybe the reason Natsuhi rushed out of the parlor (?) in ep 1 was because she went to go find/kill her "son".
This is actually the assumption Ep5 forces me to make. Insofar similar to how Kinzo has and has always been dead as an event prior to the games, we might also need to assume that the man of 19 years ago contacted and influenced Natsuhi in all games prior to the events.

As such, the man of 19 years ago has to be taken into account as a factor in Natsuhi's actions for all games.

The bigger question is this factor affects the game so much that, despite having most of the influence on Natsuhi, Natsuhi's survival is not constant in ALL the games. She is the first adult to be focused upon in more than 2 games, yet despite the the influence of the mystery man she still dies fairly early in others.
Old 2009-12-28, 03:06   Link #1760
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Well, the first calls take place before the conference, but the next couple take place during. So whether or not the mystery man acts out his plan to continue harassing Natsuhi during the conference can change each arc.
Closed Thread