AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-06-20, 08:27   Link #1741
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Yeah, you're 100% right that he got fouled, pity it was after he took 5 steps.
That whole issue doesn't matter. They should've called a time out and actually planned something. There were only a few seconds left and they were down 1, should've put Tony in if they wanted to push.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 21:34   Link #1742
Kmos

Game 1, Parker getting his shot off in time wasn't as luck oriented as so many people think. The struggle to control the ball, controlled it, fake, and get under and away to release a controlled shot was skill. The bank shot was slightly strong and I guess you can call that last bounce on the rim luck but plenty of bank shots go in that way.

Anyway, Spurs don't look like themselves in Game 7. I like Leonard's aggressiveness and Ginobili's strong drives in and so far no shit passes. Duncan's still on target I believe, Parker needs to get in more and dish out, the rest of the team need to guard the 3 line more like the Heat are guarding against their 3s.
Kmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 22:46   Link #1743
Wigwams

my god, ginobli turnovers killed the spurs...
Old 2013-06-20, 22:47   Link #1744
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

It's over. Close game all the way, but Heat prevails. Congratz to the Heat.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 22:49   Link #1745
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

*sign* Well disappointing. Congrats to Miami for the win. It was a great series overall, just shame Spurs couldn't finish it.

I wished Tim Duncan with another ring guess not.
Old 2013-06-20, 22:51   Link #1746
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
I'd add Danny Green not being able to get any 3 point shots.
Old 2013-06-20, 22:54   Link #1747
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Silver lining in all of this is that Miami might not try to cover their weakness in size as they are the champion. They should be the favorite going to next season though because they got Lebron.
Old 2013-06-20, 22:55   Link #1748
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

WOOO!!!! Back-to-back baby!!!

Much credit to the Spurs, especially Duncan and Leonard for their Game 7 efforts.

So happy for Wade and LeBron was ridiculously clutch. Battier was amazing and Allen, Chalmers, Birdman, even Bosh defensively all had their moments. What a series.
Old 2013-06-20, 22:55   Link #1749
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
I'd add Danny Green not being able to get any 3 point shots.
I'd add him continuously putting the ball on the floor when he's obviously not a ballhandler.

Eh. Congrats. Still think it's a team with quite a few classless divas. Heat, that is.

Too bad Tim can't go out with a ring like David Robinson.
Old 2013-06-20, 22:56   Link #1750
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
*sign* Well disappointing. Congrats to Miami for the win. It was a great series overall, just shame Spurs couldn't finish it.

I wished Tim Duncan with another ring guess not.
I agree this is truly disappointing.
Congratulations to the Heat for their win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
Yes, they did in game 6 and now game 7.
Old 2013-06-20, 22:59   Link #1751
Xagzan

*trying to resist making joke about them handing the trophy to Pat Riley*
Old 2013-06-20, 22:59   Link #1752
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Manu turnover seals it.

Exactly how it should have been.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 23:01   Link #1753
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I'd add him continuously putting the ball on the floor when he's obviously not a ballhandler.

Eh. Congrats. Still think it's a team with quite a few classless divas. Heat, that is.

Too bad Tim can't go out with a ring like David Robinson.
While I do not like most of Heat players like, Lebron and Wade, they still have few likable players like Bosh.

But god, I really wanted Spurs to win as most of them are so likable and classy.
For the next season the Spurs should be the favorite to come out of the west unless there is a big move. So we could still see Tim Duncan with the return to the final.

And I just realize lol at Tmac, the man is cursed.
Old 2013-06-20, 23:08   Link #1754
Xagzan

Quote:
While I do not like most of Heat players like, Lebron and Wade, they still have few likable players like Bosh.
Whoa, haha. It's like the exact opposite for me. Lebron's a bit of diva sometimes, but I don't dislike him, and I can't think of anything negative I've seen about Wade. But Bosh bugs me, Andersen, definitely Chalmers made a terrible first impression on me.

Quote:
For the next season the Spurs should be the favorite to come out of the west unless there is a big move. So we could still see Tim Duncan with the return to the final.
Ehh...it took them six years before this one. And Russell Westbrook's coming back to the Thunder...
Old 2013-06-20, 23:11   Link #1755
Kmos

It's more like playing James like he's bad and giving him a lot of time to fix his sight on the basket and leaving him with a ton of room to shoot. It gave him the confidence in his shots and it just continued on throughout. The Heat rode on the confident shooting of him and Wade plus in your face defense and it kept them up. Even when the Spurs had the minor leads it never looked secure, always catching up like. It felt like that ever since the Game 6 OT.

Leonard played an amazing game. Duncan was very solid, but not as great as Game 6's first half. The Heat stopped Parker and Green up pretty good, but Parker had some good plays. Ginobili, eh, he was just okay, the last turnover was bad but I think he expected Duncan to follow in as the switch happened, would've been a good play if it had happened, not sure if set play.

Congrats to Heat. They got their game together and took advantage of the space given and sunk their shots. I wish the Spurs to have another great run in them next season only off season can tell if there's a chance.

Edit: I wanted to see if McGrady was really in good shape to play. The scrub time he played didn't show me anything. If he was decent and able, I would've played McGrady instead of Splitter.
Kmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 23:18   Link #1756
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Whoa, haha. It's like the exact opposite for me. Lebron's a bit of diva sometimes, but I don't dislike him, and I can't think of anything negative I've seen about Wade. But Bosh bugs me, Andersen, definitely Chalmers made a terrible first impression on me.
I don't like Wade because of his past actions, off the court he doesn't seems like a bad guy though. Lebron, similar to Wade, his on court demeanor just irks me. I just find Bosh to be a funny guy.

Quote:
Ehh...it took them six years before this one. And Russell Westbrook's coming back to the Thunder...
I really hope Thunder don't make it to the final. Not because I don't like them, but they are like the perfect match-up for Miami.

Only team that I can think of stopping Miami in the east is Indiana and Chicago, if Rose is his old self, even then I doubt it. The west I still think should be Spurs or Thunder. The only way I see Miami not making in the final is Wade starts to regress, which he has been doing to certain extend.
Old 2013-06-20, 23:23   Link #1757
Westlo
Lets be reality

Back to back baby!

Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 23:24   Link #1758
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Silver lining in all of this is that Miami might not try to cover their weakness in size as they are the champion. They should be the favorite going to next season though because they got Lebron.
More like wishful thinking. Riley will be hard at work over the summer as always to bolster the roster.
Old 2013-06-20, 23:26   Link #1759
Xagzan

Quote:
I don't like Wade because of his past actions, off the court he doesn't seems like a bad guy though. Lebron, similar to Wade, his on court demeanor just irks me. I just find Bosh to be a funny guy.

I really hope Thunder don't make it to the final. Not because I don't like them, but they are like the perfect match-up for Miami.

Only team that I can think of stopping Miami in the east is Indiana and Chicago, if Rose is his old self, even then I doubt it. The west I still think should be Spurs or Thunder. The only way I see Miami not making in the final is Wade starts to regress, which he has been doing to certain extend.
But then, who knows if Tim and/or Manu are back next year. They're old by NBA standards now.
Old 2013-06-20, 23:27   Link #1760
sky black swordman

Quote:
I'm kind of the same as you.

But one of my reasons for disliking Lebron is due to the fact that people and experts making comparisons between him and the King, MJ. I know it's not his fault but hate when they make those comparisons.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-06-20 at 23:45.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote