AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-10-11, 09:56   Link #17701
G.R.J

i wonder if we should take note of what akasha said to moka whilst putting the seal on,
it was something like, when this seal is released, one part of your strength will be released.
i wonder if that means if the entire choker is removed, moka would have all of her power then.

oh, and for those who are in the kumuru camp, dont forget what tsukene said to kumuru in the 1st vol, season one, im sorry,but theres someone else and i wont betray her.

and one last thing, i think theres a possibility that moka could awaken with her memory returned and sour the beautifull reunion akua so dreams of,and i hope it does because that woman doesnt really care about moka at all, cmon she chopped akasha in half in front of moka, that for me says it all.
i also think akua will attempt to seperate and take moka away, lord knows where or what for, but, what if akua is there because of a request by akasha? afterall, what did she whisper in akuas ear? but like the rest of you, i cant wait for the next chaptor!
G.R.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 10:16   Link #17702
Tachibana
タチバナ

Interesting, ive tried to theorize what Akasha whispered to Akuha during there battle with Alucard, but i don't know that as of yet, i guess we will find out.
Old 2010-10-11, 12:45   Link #17703
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Hmmm, after I realised the chapters spoilers were coming out, and I read a few, I've gone and hidden from AS a bit over the last week to make sure I didnt see too much.

Decent chapter, but not as good as the preceding ones IMO. Also where the hells Touhai got to, why is it up to littlemisszombiegirl to fight Akua...bit anti-climactic considering who Touhai is, not to mention as the designer of the technique, if anyone knows the weakness, it should be him.

Was nice to see Akua actually showing what she's practicing in the last few years...and perhaps this is bad, but I dont really care for the Fong family very much, so whatever happened to them, its not going to emotionally scar me, they wouldnt be the first incidental characters to die in the series.

Again a shame that Ikeda is forcing the Omote fake route on us, as that kinda feels like a slightly sloppy, rushed way out of the whole outer/inner situation, although given the mention that the O.Moka was MEANT to be a protective fake, yet somehow seems to be something more, it seems the effect she's had will probably have influenced Inner Moka as well, regardless of original intention.

Was nice to see a real strong admission from Tsukune though, shame for Kurume that she had to witness it, but well, they needed to realise sooner or later where Tsukune truly stood. Who know's whether Moka will remember the admission though...given O.Moka's brief transient response, its possible part of her will, she shouldn't have heard or even known his name at this point in her memory; that she did, even for a split second, perhaps is significant in showing that he is now connected pretty deeply to Moka (I say that as in Both aspects, not O/I).

Damn...a long month ahead.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 12:50   Link #17704
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
God finally Tsukune started admitting openly his feelings for Moka. A painful moment for Kurumu, but honestly we always knew it was going to happen. Though sadly it's too late to avoid her being hurt by the whole thing. Too bad Tsukune just didn't confess several dozen chapters ago to limit the collateral damage. Though considering this is a harem manga Moka probably won't remember it and only Tsukune and Kurumu will.
Old 2010-10-11, 13:04   Link #17705
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
God finally Tsukune started admitting openly his feelings for Moka
Actually he kinda DID really early on, during the hospital part of the Ghoul arc. Kurumu heard that one as well, so it's not like she's never had any warning. Well, personally I take a 'lets always be together' as fairly suggestive anyway, I suppose you could see it as friends, but that certainly doesn't sound like something you say to just anyone

In the upcoming fight when Moka/Tsukune wake up, I'm half expecting Akua to try taking a pot shot (perhaps quite literally a stab through the chest/heart) at Tsukune, expecting to kill him (kinda like what happened with the nine-tails early on, Kyou? I forget what his name was off the top of my head) not realising the strength of his regenerative abilities nowadays.

Only to enrage (and possibly trigger a Shinso event) Moka, thinking she's killed him, and for Tsukune to get up again shortly afterwards ...pretty ****ed and perhaps in awakened vampire form. Given both his and Moka's hearts and blood are synchonised, and the sheer blood synchronisation was enough to awaken Alucard from the grave, I can imagine some pretty nasty stuff going on given the bond between those two if the other is seriously threatened/injured.

Definate 'shounen power up' material.

Last edited by tyranuus; 2010-10-11 at 14:35.
Old 2010-10-11, 14:13   Link #17706
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
Spoiler for snip:
I agree with you tyranuus, since you're theory about how the fight between Akua and Moka might go ... with Tsukune getting severely injured ... by Akua ... and Moka's rage ... would cause her Shinso blood to awaken, saving Tsukune's life ... again, due to Moka's and Tsukune's Shinso blood synchronization ...

Though if things actually go like that ... this arc would have some pretty heavy consequences ... the most important one ... is that with their Shinso blood being awakened ... Tsukune and Moka would have to be much more careful about the amount of power they are going to release ... since if they release to much of their youkai energy ... it could lead to Alucard being woken up from his animated death state .. again, which would be a pretty bad thing ...

The second issue that I see with Tsukune's and Moka's Shinso blood awakening ... is that both Moka's Rosario, as well as, Tsukune's Holy Lock would break ... which would be pretty problematic ... since it would lead to Tsukune's Ghoul problem, as well as, the problem of Outer Moka disappearing ...

While I believe that Tsukune's confession , that he made in chapter 35,... were he basically promised Moka, that he is going to stay with her forever ... is probably going to be enough ... for Tsukune to keep his human consciousness, and not be consumed by the vampire instincts and nature, present in Tsukune's Shinso blood, which means, that the problem of Outer Moka disappearing, if her seal would disappear ... is probably going to be a more serious issue ...

Last of all, there is a problem that, ... if Tsukune's and Moka's are going to "disappear" both Tsukune and Moka would probably be in a permanent vampire form, which would put them into a conflict with the rules at Youkai Academy ... that require that their student's have to stay in their human forms all the time.

Of course .. it's not like anyone at the Academy actually ... completely fallows through with this particular rule ... but with Moka's and Tsukune's vampire form's becoming "permanent", Tsukune and Moka would gather a lot more attention then they do ... in their "human" forms ... which we actually saw a prequel of in chapter 26 of the second season, were Inner Moka stayed awakened for the entire day ... and I think that it would be pretty annoying for Tsukune and Moka if they would gather that kind of attention ... till they graduate from Youkai Academy ...

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-10-11 at 14:45.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 14:25   Link #17707
G.R.J

all i know is, its darn good stuff, to get me on the forums for discussions, is a rare feat indeed! now if i just have a real life moka crash her bike into me!
G.R.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 14:45   Link #17708
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Last of all, there is a problem that, ... if Tsukune's and Moka's are going to "disappear" both Tsukune and Moka would probably be in a permanent vampire form, which would put them into a conflict with the rules at Youkai Academy ... that require that their student's have to stay in their human forms all the time.

Of course .. it's not like anyone at the Academy actually ... completely fallows through with this particular rule ... but with Moka's and Tsukune's vampire form's becoming "permanent", Tsukune and Moka would gather a lot more attention then they do ... in their "human" forms ... which we actually saw a prequel of in chapter 26 of the second season, were Inner Moka stayed awakened for the entire day ... and I think that it would be pretty annoying for Tsukune and Moka if they would gather that kind of attention ... till they graduate from Youkai Academy ...

Not sure if that'd be a real issue, as even if the Shinso blood was to awaken, it seems that they are able to control the amount of Youkai they exert and give off as Akasha demonstrated quite aptly in the earlier chapters when you consider she'd been living on top of Alucard Given Tsukune's time with Belmont and the fact he has had to learn his way around Youkai control, even if he'd struggle at first in the massive uplift in 'battery size', he's probably already begun to get the basics down.

Just because they unlock more of thier latent power doesnt preclude them maintaining a more normal appearance either; consider how close Akasha looks to Outer; yet Akasha most definately had youkai in abundance at her fingertips, as her kicks showed off [remembering that according to R&V, one of the key skills of a vampire is being able to channel Youkai to give them superhuman strength], by the evidence demonstrated, incredibly high levels of youkai were always right at her fingertips, she just didnt actually apply any of it until 'the gloves came off' (and everyone else went 'woaaaaaah....')

Whilst its possible that when USING the powers they could demonstrate more aggressive, vampiric forms, they may well be able to calm down and return to a more normal state when remaining more passive.

Lets be fair, if Inner Moka gets off her tsundere high horse (or if not, behind closed doors), she'd probably be relatively happy to be able to spend some more time with Tsukune, especially if he himself is showing more visible signs of maturing and being 'worthy' of her. If anything Tsukune is on the right road in that regards, its not like I.M isn't starting to weaken a little in that regards, even if she is scared that her experiences with the gang are making her less aggressive/focused. I would say she's being human...but well I can't help but feel she might be insulted about that, given her past stance on humanity; even if it's been massively toned away by Tsukune's influence.
Old 2010-10-11, 15:01   Link #17709
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.R.J View Post
all i know is, its darn good stuff, to get me on the forums for discussions, is a rare feat indeed! now if i just have a real life moka crash her bike into me!
If only a lot of things like that happened when we were in high school, right?
Old 2010-10-11, 15:15   Link #17710
Chris38

Quote:
Spoiler for snip:
I agree that .. at this point Tsukune knows the basics of controlling his youkai energy and an increase in the amount of energy that Tsukune is able shouldn't be affecting Tsukune's mental state ... but we still don't know how much of a influence the Holy Lock had ... in allowing Tsukune to use and control his youkai energies. After all, it might be possible that without the Holy Lock anymore ... Tsukune will have a much harder time ... in keeping his youkai energy under his control ...

Quote:
Spoiler for snip:
... but Inner Moka is a little different compared to her mother, since ... probably as a result of acquiring the blood and power ... Moka has gained permanent vampire features ... most noticeable in her having "vampire eyes" almost all the time (even in her younger form ... when Moka has been 10 years old ).

While it doesn't allow Inner Moka to disguise herself as a human ... since most of the vampires ... still look similar to humans, but Inner Moka has it a bit harder then Outer Moka ... to hide her youkai origins ... and I belive that with the seal being removed Moka is going to look morre similar to Inner Moka, rather then her Outer self ...

In Tsukune's case ... I think that he is going to undergo some kind of physical transformation, which is going to change Tsukune's appearance and make Tsukune look similar ... to how Tsukune currently looks in his vampire form ... as a side effect of his Shinso's blood awakening ... resulting in Tsukune's seal being broken up ... that, as I mentioned before, is going to push Tsukune's "vampire transformation" a little further ahead.

Quote:
Spoiler for snip:
Yeah I definitely agree with you on that tyranuus ... still Tsukune probably, still needs to work a little bit harder, before he will be a able to get Moka, but I think that Tsukune is already well aware of that.

Well, he already made a remarkable progress when it comes to getting Moka, since ... like you mentioned, Moka already changed a lot when we compare her, to how Moka was behaving at the beginning of the manga, but Tsukune, still needs to do, a lot more things ... before Moka will be able to confess her feelings foreword Tsukune.
Old 2010-10-11, 16:42   Link #17711
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

coolio, ling ling's "sis" is gonna woop some arse, hopefuly.
Old 2010-10-11, 16:58   Link #17712
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
... but Inner Moka is a little different compared to her mother, since ... probably as a result of acquiring the blood and power ... Moka has gained permanent vampire features ... most noticeable in her having "vampire eyes" almost all the time (even in her younger form ... when Moka has been 10 years old ).
Pair of contact lenses...problem solved.
Old 2010-10-11, 17:24   Link #17713
kitten320

Finally so translations!
Wow... Akuha sure sounded creepy when she was saying "So happy" over again, she sure is one possesive sister.

Can't wait to see what happens once Moka and Tsukune are awake. Akuha definetly won't like him...
Old 2010-10-11, 19:10   Link #17714
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Finally so translations!
Wow... Akuha sure sounded creepy when she was saying "So happy" over again, she sure is one possesive sister.

Can't wait to see what happens once Moka and Tsukune are awake. Akuha definetly won't like him...
Well, that all depends on Akuha's thoughts when she learns, Tsukune is Moka's lover.

I think Akuha will be more surprised rather than feeling hostile towards Tsukune, Akuha will also be surprised that her younger sister has fallen in love with Tsukune, even though Moka hasnt admitted it yet both Ura and Omote already have, i can imagine Akuha playing the more supportive role as the "Elder Sister" type for Moka's and Tsukune's relationship.

Something like that may seem farfetched, but after seeing Akuha's personality, there is a high possibility for this.

Akuha would definetly be supportive for Moka, theres no doubt about that.

But we will find out next chapter.

Last edited by Tachibana; 2010-10-11 at 19:31.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 19:34   Link #17715
Johnny
Working the bags...

If Akuha becomes the supportive big sister I'll eat my mouse, and maybe the mousepad as well. Page 31 should be proof enough that she's completely off her rocker. I just change the "so happy" with "redrum" and that fits perfectly. I'm banking she becomes the Yuno Gasai of Rosario world...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 20:36   Link #17716
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Well, that all depends on Akuha's thoughts when she learns, Tsukune is Moka's lover.

I think Akuha will be more surprised rather than feeling hostile towards Tsukune, Akuha will also be surprised that her younger sister has fallen in love with Tsukune, even though Moka hasnt admitted it yet both Ura and Omote already have, i can imagine Akuha playing the more supportive role as the "Elder Sister" type for Moka's and Tsukune's relationship.

Something like that may seem farfetched, but after seeing Akuha's personality, there is a high possibility for this.

Akuha would definetly be supportive for Moka, theres no doubt about that.

But we will find out next chapter.
I so don't see that happening! As Johnny said, I'll eat my mouse as well if that happens.

Not that it is a 100% no, but definetly not in nearest future.
Just look at her. She is so possesive that it is hard to see her sharing any time soon. She completly destroyed everyone whoever stood in her way to get to Moka, and they called Moka as part of their family. Do you think Tsukune will be an exception?

Akuha knew how much Moka loves Akasha yet she still went affter her. Of course some things might have changed since then but still.
When she was saying "so happy" she looked like psycho, even others in the room seemed uncomfortable.

And lso take a look on how she adresses Moka, not "my beautiful little sister" but "My beautiful Moka", that sounds quiet posesive for me and doesn't look like she plans to share any time soon.

So no, Tsukune will be her enemy number one for a long time from now on.
Old 2010-10-11, 21:06   Link #17717
Tachibana
タチバナ

Well, you can't blame Akuha for being like that to everyone, being raised as a killer, this is pretty much how Akuha lives her life and her meeting Tsukune will be very interesting indeed, but he shares a connection with Moka unlike anyone else, his bond with Moka is just as deep as Akuha's bond for her sister, so i will say this, when she first meets Tsukune, she will indeed be hostile towards him, but her hostility towards Tsukune will change of course once she also confronts Moka and learn of who he actually is.

Akuha is very possessive of her sister, i mean Akuha hasnt seen her sister for 7 years so shes gonna be happy to finally reunite with her, and as i said she will be supportive for Moka, weather or not we see it like this, Akuha will probably be jealous of Tsukune for a while, but will gain respect for Tsukune even if he is her enemy for now.

But, we will have to wait until the next chapter, im sure every1 (except Moka), will emerge from the Rosary, Tsukune will probably be the 1 to confront Akuha first, until Moka wakes up to join him.

Even the most ruthless can be the most gentle, this fits Akuha's character perfectly...

But these are my thoughts on whats gonna happen not predictions...

Last edited by Tachibana; 2010-10-11 at 21:17.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 22:24   Link #17718
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I'm in the camp that says Akua will see Tsukune as an enemy BUT won't attack him... and the reason of, if she does... well, let's just say that if she though Chibi Moka was something else, then a Moka several years older might be a huge shock as well. Not to mention the possibility of Shinso blood awakening...

actually, I can see Akua going for Tsukune, but Moka getting in the way of the attack... and I don't think I need to spell out what kind of OH SHI- moment THAT would become.

I also suspect that Fuhai is waiting to come out for his own Badass moment...

and on the subject of vampires and hiding their demonic appearances... remember, half the reason why in mythology vampires are feared is because unlike so may other youkai, they're easy one of the most human-looking creatures (outside of witches/wizards/etc.). In most anime I see, they are usually controlling their power and look very human- only when they actually start tapping into their power do they look a bit less human (and even then, in this case it's mostly just the eyes). And I'm pretty sure that Moka has a good leash on her power- after all, I'm pretty sure she had Outer's eyes during that one "squee!!!" scene with the Pie of Doom

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 22:30   Link #17719
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Well, you can't blame Akuha for being like that to everyone, being raised as a killer, this is pretty much how Akuha lives her life and her meeting Tsukune will be very interesting indeed, but he shares a connection with Moka unlike anyone else, his bond with Moka is just as deep as Akuha's bond for her sister, so i will say this, when she first meets Tsukune, she will indeed be hostile towards him, but her hostility towards Tsukune will change of course once she also confronts Moka and learn of who he actually is.

Akuha is very possessive of her sister, i mean Akuha hasnt seen her sister for 7 years so shes gonna be happy to finally reunite with her, and as i said she will be supportive for Moka, weather or not we see it like this, Akuha will probably be jealous of Tsukune for a while, but will gain respect for Tsukune even if he is her enemy for now.

But, we will have to wait until the next chapter, im sure every1 (except Moka), will emerge from the Rosary, Tsukune will probably be the 1 to confront Akuha first, until Moka wakes up to join him.

Even the most ruthless can be the most gentle, this fits Akuha's character perfectly...

But these are my thoughts on whats gonna happen not predictions...
I think when you have that combination of ruthless and gentle in a character, it's often accompanied by them being psycho. Which Aqua does look right now.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 23:16   Link #17720
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Spoiler for snip:

Well, will probably will learn how Akua is going to take Tsukune's presence besides Moka ... though I agree with you're statement along with Johnny's and kitten320's ... that Akua will treat Tsukune as her enemy ... and that Akua is a pretty creepy person ... after all the vibes I got ... after reading through chapter 35 were ... as if Akua was treating Moka as her possession ... especially with Akua's statement "My beautiful Moka" ... that doesn't seem like something you would say about another living person, but rather some kind of pretty object that's you're most prized item ...

I might be over exaggerating a little bit, but I can't help it ... since that what I have felt ... after reading through chapter 35 for a few times ... and I don't think that this is something normal felling for a older sister to have foreword a younger sister. I would be pretty freaked out ... if I had a sister like that ...

So from Akua's point of view ... Tsukune would be someone ... that would be trying to take her "precious sister" away from her ... and judging from Akua's creepiness in the current chapter, the result of targeting Tsukune as her enemy ... and probably trying to eliminate him in some way ... isn't going to be pretty ...

Though I agree that Tohou Fuhai might have a pretty badass moment in the current arc as well, but that depends on how the situation with Akua is going to evolve ...

On some other ... more lighter topic that you brought up Magin ... about the appearance of vampires ... it's true that vampires are able to disguise themselves well among humans ... but unfortunately both Moka and probably Tsukune as well ... after his Holy Lock is removed ... since their permanent vampire eyes that both Inner Moka and Tsukune (in his vampire form, which is probably going to become Tsukune's, usual appearance ... later in the manga) have got ... are pretty much showing that both of them ... might not be normal humans ...

After all, even in the pumpkin pie scene that you mentioned Magin, Inner Moka had her usual vampire eyes ...

Of course, both Tsukune .. in his vampire form, as well as Inner Moka have some physical attributes, that are going to catch someone's attention first ... so it's not lik their vampire eyes are going to be visible at first glance, but it's definitely going to catch someone's attention ... once he get's a close look of Moka or Tsukune ... after all, it's not like "normal humans" can possibly have red pupils ... right ?

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire