AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-16, 05:15   Link #17761
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
*Wanders into the thread again* Hiyo, just letting you all know I'm alive, but very busy... (almost done now though) Plus I got my new graphics card so I've been wasting all my limited free time playing my newly beautified PC games...
Hmmm High-Res Crysis with fullscreen AA and all effects on.

Anyway Looks like some stuff has happened, but I don't have much time even now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
This is the first time I see a rank promotion instead of demotion. She is SS in actual rank but scaled down to lack of a device. I did want to go with SS rank at first go but dropped to around S since she is a deviceless mage. Currently I'll place her at S~S+ to limit her current power level down by a bit.

Spoiler for for h4xx limits:

*runs from h4xxbusters*
You need to be warned that though the others seem to have gone soft I haven't any mention of SSS from anything besides a super huge season ending big bad with nothing but raw power going for is from me at least an instant death sentence.

I haven't read through the entire profile yet as I've been very busy, but this little tidbit is raising some eyebrows, and I'm also seeing an awful wide range of spells... there's versatile and then there's "no weaknesses what so ever".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
"Five man team north of orange smoke! Attack directions west, you're cleared hot! Bring the heat!"

Or there's always an artillery strike. *shrug* Though CAS is a bit faster to respond, has longer range...
Only if you're using weak artillery... Now if you've got some REAL artillery, tch air strikes faster my butt 300 miles in six minutes bitch!

Quote:
Still, yeah, she'd give the OFM a lot of headaches, especially if they weren't prepared for her. On the other hand, if Ivanovich can get the drop on her... remember, he sniped a corrupt bureaucrat in a car travelling 80 km/hour at over 4,400 meters. Current sniper record is 2.5km+.

Still, as Fate/Zero points out, magic is inherently more powerful that conventional weaponry. It also points out that if you understand a mage's blind spot to convetional weaponry, you can take advantage of it... which is why Kiristugu goes a-sniping away. And has his assistant shoot Lancer's Master and his fiancee dead.
This isn’t Fate/Zero and frankly nothing shown in FSN ever measured up to say… a nuclear bomb anyway so it’s arguably largely horse shit in universe as well, and it’s clearly total bull in Nanoha as conventional weapons in the form of spaceships and probably other vehicles if the TSAB could be assed to use them can easily put out more destructive force then a thousand mages as evidence by what they did in the past and present.

Quote:
Obviously, this is crack. ^^;; 10-minute crack.

Also, in other news: The people have spoken. The new flag of Great Britain.

"It represents shouting "UNION!" and joining together; kicking reason to the curb and doing the impossible; fighting the power, and piercing the heavens.'

*weeps for the world*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Thanks
Yep nice little fluffy humor piece it was.

Quote:
I see
I'll try to think of a better name
Don't look here for help I'd probably end up calling it "Big Storm of Icicles" or something...

Quote:
Well...it is an AoE spell, and to give an image it of it, just picture a rain of arrows falling from the sky like in Utawarerumono, Lord of the Rings or any war-type story.
But instead of arrows, it's huge shards of ice
Could be worse, it could be Steel Rain, my favorite kind acutally as long as it's not falling on me mind.

Quote:
Be sure to take cover when things get messy
Better yet watch it through a spotting scopes with a parabolic microphone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
FINALLY!!

My semester is freaking OVER!!!
One more class for me and my last papers getting banged out now...

Quote:
...and my first day out, we learn that 7-10 inches of snow is headed my way.

Joy.
I'd take it instead, but it dosen't snow much in North Carolina, I miss New Jersey. =/
Quote:
That...isn't how I anticipated it looking...

<sighs> Went for cute when they could've gone sexy...
It's Aaron what did you expect her to be wearing fox ears, a tail, and her birthday suit?

Quote:
WHEN?!

I want my little herd of Teslas dammit!!
Kay you're getting into the creepy zone her with being so eager to see Tesla knocked up... Though that said can Knights even have children? I know in my story I intended for it to be biologically impossible since they aren't acutally human. Really I'd say a human probably has a better chances of conceiving with a Chimp then one of the knights.

But in all universes that want an excuse for blatant fan service... Sides if you must go fluid exchange a blood transfusion would transfer an awful lot more and quicker too boot.

Quote:
Has to do with the games I play and the books I read I pretty much grew up playing Command & Conquer, and Rainbow Six, reading Tom Clancy... recently been reading Mark Bowden, Dennis Chalker, and Richard Marcinko. And watching The Unit, which is based on Eric L. Haney's book "Inside Delta Force" (Haney was an early member of Delta Force).
Really it's just how one should approach combat in general, the enemy is a problem to be solved in the most efficient and expedient way possible...

Quote:
He gets a pass because he's JOHNSON and it's Halo canon; in the Halo Graphic Novel, they show him taking that sniping shot. As for artillery... it was to keep TK happy. He seems to like artillery. I personally prefer chopper or A-10 on CAS.
Artillery is the god of war, and on that note allot of what I've been doing the last few days...

Quote:
*shrug* Dunno. I'm having the same problem in Disrupted Tangent, as Master Chief and Ivanovich wreck havoc amidst Drones and Numbers.
Well we do have a number of OC that have been associated with Jail at various times if you need to even the teams a bit you could maybe grab a few of them.

Quote:
Psycho... gets bitchslapped. Because he actually manages to grab hold of Sein as she phases away, so she drags him along with her... and he uses that time to grab her butt and kiss her. "You have a really nice ass." SLAP!
that would seem more like the time to just shot her, and besides you can take advantage of her better when she's laid out bleeding anyway...
Old 2007-12-16, 05:45   Link #17762
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post

You need to be warned that though the others seem to have gone soft I haven't any mention of SSS from anything besides a super huge season ending big bad with nothing but raw power going for is from me at least an instant death sentence.

I haven't read through the entire profile yet as I've been very busy, but this little tidbit is raising some eyebrows, and I'm also seeing an awful wide range of spells... there's versatile and then there's "no weaknesses what so ever".
Never forgot the possibility of nerfing. I'll wait and see how it goes from the rest as well before I start the changes and the story.

Quote:
Only if you're using weak artillery... Now if you've got some REAL artillery, tch air strikes faster my butt 300 miles in six minutes bitch!
Artillery just got a whole lot cheaper.

Quote:
It's Aaron what did you expect her to be wearing fox ears, a tail, and her birthday suit?
I'm sure he has something like that hidden somewhere.

Quote:
that would seem more like the time to just shot her, and besides you can take advantage of her better when she's laid out bleeding anyway...

*runs*

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2007-12-16, 05:47   Link #17763
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
*holds both versions of Tyrfing at Kha's throat*

If you dare do that to Hayate, I will cut you down... That's crack and will remaing to be crack! Hayate will NOT fall in love with her 'uncle/father-figure', ya get?!
Quick! Nighty! Lowe! Cover me!!!

*dives thru Tyrfing cross and sprints*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
You just think it'd be cool to have giant arcs of electricity flying around everywhere, admit it.

He wasn't Russian though.

Err... do people still post characters in here? Would I be getting off-topic if I did?
Yeah!

Oops.

Course not!

Quote:
Cradle of Life/Beginnings?
So far its Nanoha/Terra Gravios AKA Cleric Returns.

Quote:
Repost here for the benefit of those who don't frequent the image thread.

HOLY SHYT WAH KINDA WIN AWESOME IS THIS!!! ESPECIALLY HAYATE!!!!!!

Quote:
If by AWWW, then you mean BLAAUUUUUUUUGH... then yes.
Aww...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Best Nanoha picture in months.
Where's the Fate version!!!!!! :drool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Right....... He still doesn't pass..
It is not his background, but what he does that makes him one of my most impressive characters, without h4xx.

Too bad most of the script has been wiped by a bug... >_<

Quote:
Booo, you must have already read the white text version...

Wait, so that means you want Kha to join the hunt for Hayate as well?
What do you mean, join? He was right there when it first began, when Hayate first joined the Church when she was 11-12.

Quote:
You'll get a high Kha who'll spout even more nonsense than usual
Sounds like an improvement.

Quote:
Umm yes they would Lascannons are probably in the giga to even terajoule range, they’d all but vaporize a number. Hell simple cannon shells would turn them in mincemeat. Armored vehicles would RAPE numbers. What are they gonna do beat on their foot thick armor plate or chuck knives at them? The only one that I can see damaging a tank is the sniper one (I can’t be assed to remember most of their names), but she shots slow and the beam isn’t exactly speedy frankly I can see a tank dodging it at long range, nevermind that she’d have explosions and machine gun fire tearing up everything around her as she tried to sight in.

Acutally given that allot of number seem to lack effective shielding spells when compared to mages they might be vulnerable to simple small arms fire. I'm sorry but if you somehow make numbers able to duel with tanks I'll have to gut you likle a fish and string you up by your intestines for all to see as a warning to future generations.
I made the spam Numbers have more defensive equipment, to demonstrate how high technology could rival, and even outpace magic at times. For canon, I believe their lack of defense was solely because they were confident about their AMF shields being adequate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Aurion x Aurion?
You're making it sound like Kha's Sempai, and his father had a bonding session. >_>

Quote:
But that would mean Saga would have to die or something...

Since I am an evil bastard, I've already got scenarios for each one of my character's death roughly drafted anyway.
Not really... In my crack, ALL data programs have a chibi power-saving mode.

Unless the Zestro are like the Wolkies now?If that's the case, I've no choice but to blow the size of that picture up.

Quote:
Even as crack? ...Ceh.
Yeap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Say that again? We can't hear you

*runs*
YEAH!

*dodges another Tryfing shot*

Quote:

Ouch, my braaaaaaaiiiiin
My sentiments exactly.

Quote:
Spoiler for as in:

And the world would never tell the diff b/w Thousand Master and son...

...unless they support my "Thousand Master lost his powers and turned into a boy called Negi" crack

Quote:
This reminds me... what cards would we reccon the mages to be? My thoughts were along the lines of:

Ace of Hearts: Nanoha (obviously)
Ace of spades: Keroko (it looks almost like a black version of the Ace of Hearts)
Ace of diamonds: Hayate (When I see Hayate, I think Ace of Diamonds. Sharp and sturdy)
Ace of clubs: Fate (obviously Fate needs a black card, and the Ace of Clubs is like a clover with leaves, depicting how the lonely Fate is now surounded by many friends)
Quote:
Nice, especially the Fate one. Kha used to give them assigned cards as well, except that Hayate gets the Ace of Spades trump instead.
It's a slight departure, though both can work for various reasons.

Quote:
Aurion gets turned into a midget by the health drink and then-and then...:eyespi n:
*uncorks a bottled sample of the severely fermented crack the Cleric just brewed under Aaron's nose*

BON'APETTIT!

~~~New Intelligence Data Updated...~~~

Remember that time I said Kha might've met Hayate when she first joined the Church, starting off Kha's involvement with the Aces? Well... It's fully cracked into:

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Divinity AKA "The Cleric"

With Nanoha badly injured in a freak accident, and Fate overwhelmed by it all, the last thing Hayate needed was to have someone bent on taking her life. Fearing the worst, and yet not wanting to disrupt Hayate's Terran life, Carym tasked an unlikely choice to be Hayate's custodian: the newly minted Ancient Belka Knight, Sergeant Kha Alexei.

Introduced as a transfer student from Germany, Kha does his best to ensure his charge's safety, but due to culture differences, he has his Sagara moments and earns the ire of Keroko and Hayate.

As the attacks mount in frequency and audacity, Hayate, Keroko and Kha find that they have fewer and fewer people to trust. How could they, when even their new guard has a secret to protect, and another objective to achieve?

Copyleft sneak:
Spoiler for Err....:

~~~~~~

That CB thing started when I remembered Kha's terran pseudonym to be Alexander Rowell, which he shortens to Alex Rowe.

And I couldn't resist the chance of a shouta-Kha interacting with the lolis, so in this crack AU, Kha appears earlier in the Aces' lives. I even planned a CCS-movie-esque ending to the Khate relationship! It's practically a DREAM COME TRUE!!!

And so you have it, Der Kleriker Kronicles has expanded to:

Point of Light AKA "The Cleric Begins"
Nanoha Divinity AKA "The Cleric"
Nanoha/Terra Gravios AKA "The Cleric Returns"
Rebuilt of StrikerS AKA "The Cleric Forever"

Hmm... I see a pattern here.

*runs*
Old 2007-12-16, 07:24   Link #17764
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well, I think anyone would be kicking themselves if they made a miscalculation like Franz's...he's just kicking himself more. That last bit actually has two meanings: Franz is literally summoning the HOT BLOOD and the gar, and giving himself a peptalk, hence the "who does she think we are?" bit. The second part refers to another Katrina - a side charecter created at the same time as Franz, but of lesser importance - who Franz hates deeply. I'll put it this way: this Katrina (though it's spelt "Katarina") is part of the reason why Franz has sworn off dating and relationships. Naomi also has never liked her, always referring to her as "That bitch" and adressing her as, "Oh, it's you, bitch. What do you want with my brother?"
Aaah, so Franz is the proverbial cat on the stove huh?

"You've been burned once, so you fear getting burned again."

This ain't gonna end well for Franz if he keeps it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose
He gets a pass because he's JOHNSON and it's Halo canon; in the Halo Graphic Novel, they show him taking that sniping shot. As for artillery... it was to keep TK happy. He seems to like artillery. I personally prefer chopper or A-10 on CAS.
Why not have both available? Add some Tomahawks and Battleship 17-inch naval gun batteries for the extra firepower

Quote:
Psycho... gets bitchslapped. Because he actually manages to grab hold of Sein as she phases away, so she drags him along with her... and he uses that time to grab her butt and kiss her. "You have a really nice ass." SLAP!

Yes, Sein has a very nice ass

*runs*

Quote:
WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
BROTHER!!!!!!!

Quote:
Tama ka diyan...
Inaantok, tinatamad, masyadong maaga, nakakalimutan...

Quote:
Variable Barret should do that fine but AMF is rarely used on its own. As for combination spells, she's got quite the list of them.
Noted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk
Spells list would be included when I expand a bit more on them. Dead Man's Hand is quite the name for an ability.

The idea of them fighting Katrina is quite viable, though I haven't really gotten down to the details yet. It would work nicely to showcase some of their fighting skills at one go, think I'll change a planned short about how Katrina burned down a Belkan fortress to integrate into the this.
Yep, along with Royal Flush

But Katrina burning down a Belkan Fortress singlehandedly?!?!?

Quote:
The whole thread will fall on my head before I can do that. It's not Hayate, someone else unspoiled.
You better, or else...

Quote:
My Jacks are not this kind of people! Get this crack outta ma' 'ead
But it's GOOOOOD CRACK, filled with cheesy lazy cheapass SFX

Spoiler for *opens efervescent crack bottle*:

Quote:
There won't be anything left of her by X'mas at this rate.
No OC is ever safe from the omnipotent powers of Creator-sama

Quote:
Come to think of it, why is she the first antagonist OC to get hit on by MC?
FIXED

*runs*

Quote:
Chibi-Louise on a dragon anyone?
Second best

Quote:
*Wanders into the thread again* Hiyo, just letting you all know I'm alive, but very busy... (almost done now though) Plus I got my new graphics card so I've been wasting all my limited free time playing my newly beautified PC games...
You just had to show that off didn't you?

With no more kidneys to sell, how much would my brain sell for in the market...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997
Railguns, the best slug throwers ever

Quote:
Could be worse, it could be Steel Rain, my favorite kind acutally as long as it's not falling on me mind.
MLRS?

Quote:
So Tk likes Guro then?

I rather much prefer them alive, healthy and intact thank you

Quote:
I'm sure he has something like that hidden somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post

COVERING FIRE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
And the world would never tell the diff b/w Thousand Master and son...

...unless they support my "Thousand Master lost his powers and turned into a boy called Negi" crack
Not even I can handle that kind of crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
BON'APETTIT!

Remember that time I said Kha might've met Hayate when she first joined the Church, starting off Kha's involvement with the Aces? Well... It's fully cracked into:

With Nanoha badly injured in a freak accident, and Fate overwhelmed by it all, the last thing Hayate needed was to have someone bent on taking her life. Fearing the worst, and yet not wanting to disrupt Hayate's Terran life, Carym tasked an unlikely choice to be Hayate's custodian: the newly minted Ancient Belka Knight, Sergeant Kha Alexei.

Introduced as a transfer student from Germany, Kha does his best to ensure his charge's safety, but due to culture differences, he has his Sagara moments and earns the ire of Keroko and Hayate.

As the attacks mount in frequency and audacity, Hayate, Keroko and Kha find that they have fewer and fewer people to trust. How could they, when even their new guard has a secret to protect, and another objective to achieve?

Copyleft sneak:
Spoiler for Err....:

~~~~~~

That CB thing started when I remembered Kha's terran pseudonym to be Alexander Rowell, which he shortens to Alex Rowe.

And I couldn't resist the chance of a shouta-Kha interacting with the lolis, so in this crack AU, Kha appears earlier in the Aces' lives. I even planned a CCS-movie-esque ending to the Khate relationship! It's practically a DREAM COME TRUE!!!

*runs*

The Crack, It's Super Effective!!!!!!

Would Kha do a flyby over Mariko's aircraft then?

You forgot "Cleric and Gimmy"

*runs*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-12-16, 07:41   Link #17765
Aaron008R

Quote:
Variable Barret should do that fine but AMF is rarely used on its own. As for combination spells, she's got quite the list of them.
Just the way it should be.

Quote:
Spells list would be included when I expand a bit more on them. Dead Man's Hand is quite the name for an ability.

The idea of them fighting Katrina is quite viable, though I haven't really gotten down to the details yet. It would work nicely to showcase some of their fighting skills at one go, think I'll change a planned short about how Katrina burned down a Belkan fortress to integrate into the this.

Quote:
The whole thread will fall on my head before I can do that.
Yup.

Quote:
It's not Hayate, someone else unspoiled.
I can think of a number of people...

Quote:
Come to think of it, why is she the first antagonist OC to get hit by MC?

*grabs Katrina by the waist and runs away*

I'm not sure why myself...

Quote:
Experience, power and versatility rolled into one.
You might also like to factor in the difficulty in control when you have a large mana pool. Like the one said by Hayate in the Manga chapter 10.

Quote:

Mach-7...

Quote:

*sticks out leg and trips Kha*

Quote:
HOLY SHYT WAH KINDA WIN AWESOME IS THIS!!! ESPECIALLY HAYATE!!!!!!
What's the for?

Quote:

Melikes the idea.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-12-16, 07:51   Link #17766
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
300 style? Sounds like a worthy competitor for Imperial Avalanche.

And when she masters it, it'll be...
Undine: [Control Please]

Quote:
Yep nice little fluffy humor piece it was.

Quote:
Don't look here for help I'd probably end up calling it "Big Storm of Icicles" or something...
I see
Well, it can't be called Diamond Dust because it's not dust but shards of ice...
hmm...Diamond Rush?

Quote:
Yeah

Quote:
Better yet watch it through a spotting scopes with a parabolic microphone.
Yeah, it might be safer that way

*runs*

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2007-12-16 at 08:23.
Old 2007-12-16, 08:10   Link #17767
Tormenk

Quote:
*uncorks a bottled sample of the severely fermented crack the Cleric just brewed under Aaron's nose*

BON'APETTIT!

Copyleft sneak:
Spoiler for Err....:

~~~~~~

Isolation does make crack finer.

Quote:

*runs*
Batman and Superman?

Quote:
Yep, along with Royal Flush

But Katrina burning down a Belkan Fortress singlehandedly?!?!?
Combination attack.

NO SHE DID NOT! The invading army just brought her enough time to unleash her fire spells upon the area. The fire did the rest while a capture barrier by her comrades prevented anyone from escaping.

The idea of Katrina singlehandedly burning down a fortress would have Tk bombing me with his new toys faster than the Ion Canon.

Quote:
You better, or else...
*whistles*

Quote:
But it's GOOOOOD CRACK, filled with cheesy lazy cheapass SFX

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Quote:
FIXED

*runs*
Te-oi!

*chases*

Quote:
So Tk likes Guro then?

Conscious and reflexive as well, to gauge their reactions.

Quote:
COVERING FIRE!!!!!

Metal Slug?

Quote:
Just the way it should be.
Well stronger spells have overcome AMF quite easily, VB is just a complex version for those who lack the raw power.

Quote:
I can think of a number of people...
Do the maths and deduction and the answer is right before your eyes..

Quote:
You might also like to factor in the difficulty in control when you have a large mana pool. Like the one said by Hayate in the Manga chapter 10.
Done way before this. Her range is most definitely lesser than Hayate's and closer to Nanoha's. Chapter 10 did have other useful materials as well.

Quote:

Accel Icicle?

Quote:
I see
Well, it can't be called Diamond Dust because it's not dust but shard of ice...
hmm...Diamond Rush?
Aurora Lights/Rush.

Old 2007-12-16, 08:48   Link #17768
Aaron008R

Quote:

ZOMGHAXX!!!

Quote:

:3

Quote:
Do the maths and deduction and the answer is right before your eyes..
Since Hayate is safe... There's Nanoha, Fate, Keroko, Kha- Wait.

Fate and Keroko are already two of your targets!

Quote:
Done way before this. Her range is most definitely lesser than Hayate's and closer to Nanoha's. Chapter 10 did have other useful materials as well.
I can't wait for Keroko's version of manga chapter 10!

Though it made my eyes twitch with some annoyance too.

Hayate's completely lazing it out just because she has 'little' aptitude with skills other than nuking? How about practicing for plain 'survivability' just like what Vita said?! At this rate, Grandis would beat her within ten seconds without even engaging Full Drive even while she is in Unison!!! Ahh, well. I guess I can use the one-year gap to at least give her the least amount of improvement in order to have at least a passable Hayate vs, Grandis match after Signum gets knocked out. I'd even have him tease her a bit about her low individual combat capability once she's been captured. I can be mean some times...

Okay, maybe it's not really THAT bad since she was certainly implied to be capable of fighting on the fly when in Unison during ep. 25... But this is starting to get a little ridiculous...

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2007-12-17 at 02:14.
Old 2007-12-16, 09:48   Link #17769
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Might you be referring to Albel? Not much of him, if that's the case.
I was talking about Albel x Nel pics, but seeing from your Albel response, I expect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Haha, well, I still remember quite well all your JailXUno pieces, and all the saliva exchange they have done in them is still fresh in my mind. Not that that's a bad thing, though.
For some reason, this is really reminding me of Mysterious Girlfriend X...

Quote:
Doll master?
Something like that... haven't polished the idea yet.

Quote:
Maybe I should read some. All the MariaXFayt I get to read are filled with OOC-EMO!Maria.
You should, Alnel makes up a lot of the good stories in the FF thread.

Quote:
Oh hell no... It'll take a super-advanced Unison Device to capture his attitide properly.

Hmm... Unison Device version of Aurion (as in chibi)?:tw itch: ZOMGCRACKIDEAS!!!!!!!!!!:eyespin :
Hmm... ideas.

If I ever intend to kill off someone, this might be the way to go as a plot-device.

Quote:
BTW, Double-Unison?! 0_0
Spoiler for Hayate + Rein + Agito = ???:

Spoiler for GATTAI DA!:

Quote:
This took much longer than expected but it's finally complete. Introducing the general outlines of the 4 Jacks which I should be using in the near future as well as a short-write up about the Prize here.

Spoiler for Jack of Spades:

Spoiler for Jack of Hearts:

Spoiler for Jack of Diamonds:

Spoiler for Jack of Clubs:

Some information about the organization they're under in.

Spoiler for The Prize:

Tired. Though I should be able to continue another two pieces I want to finish by next week.

@haiz: Welcome back.
For a short little while there, I thought I was seeing an amalgam of Black Lagoon characters into one faction. >_<

Quote:
Whew, almost done marathoning through Denno Coil (downloading the last episode as we speak) but damn that was awesome. Hacking, encoding, the internet was never more fun. Extremely surpressing the urge to completely overhaul Syn's bio. Though a few edits could never hurt. I never did describe her magic style or techniques.

*spots more creeping Denno Coil crack*

*stomps it*

Damn that stuff is persistent.

Coil Crack is gooooooood~~

Quote:
Ace of Hearts: Nanoha (obviously)
Ace of spades: Keroko (it looks almost like a black version of the Ace of Hearts)
Ace of diamonds: Hayate (When I see Hayate, I think Ace of Diamonds. Sharp and sturdy)
Ace of clubs: Fate (obviously Fate needs a black card, and the Ace of Clubs is like a clover with leaves, depicting how the lonely Fate is now surounded by many friends)
Hmm... a glass diamond perhaps. @_@

Though metaphorically speaking, the composition of a diamond's chain-structures is very much like the core of a family holding one another, trusted and bound by everything. In a sense, it makes up Hayate's role... a little on her whole core of RF6 thing, or at least, Wolkenritter.

Quote:

Hmm... there is this crack I'm still undecided WHO to give it to... Hayate, Shamal or Tesla...

It's something inspired from what I read a long time ago... can't remember where I saw it though...

Spoiler for crack teaser:

*runs away very very fast*

Quote:
Not really... In my crack, ALL data programs have a chibi power-saving mode.

Unless the Zestro are like the Wolkies now?If that's the case, I've no choice but to blow the size of that picture up.
Well... Saga can have a power-saving mode, since he is a Unison Device.

But the rest of the Zerstro are yeah, Wolkie-like.

Quote:

Copyleft sneak:
Spoiler for Err....:

~~~~~~

Kha as Sagara in the early FMP episodes...

Quote:

Hayate's completely lazing it out just because she has 'little' aptitude with skills other than nuking? How about practicing for plain 'survivability' just like what Vita said?! At this rate, Grandis would beat her within ten seconds without even engaging Full Drive even while she is in Unison!!! Ahh, well. I guess I can use the one-year gap to at least give her the least amount of improvement in order to have at least a passable Hayate vs, Grandis match after Signum gets knocked out. I'd even have him tease her a bit about her low individual combat capability once she's been captured. I can be mean some times...
True.

I mean... EVEN Yuuno has decent melee skills, and he's far more of a support than Hayate. Hell, he's not even a soldier.

Even taking into account to 'process-speed' excuse, aren't there alternatives? Like training to use low-key magical spells that are far quicker to process than to emphasis purely on heavy-hitters? Improve her aerial-skills? Create a familiar with her hueg mana pool as a double-team to improve her situation? Use cards like the Liezes, pooled with her mana to speed up magic usage?

I said it before, it's like she's not even bothering to up her potential, simply because... 'lol I never found a need to', along with how her weaknesses made her say 'sigh, that's my limit' rather than 'how do I go-around it'?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-12-16, 10:52   Link #17770
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Why not have both available? Add some Tomahawks and Battleship 17-inch naval gun batteries for the extra firepower
No such thing as a 17 inch naval rifle, they had 16 inchers and 18 inchers, but no one every did a 17 inch s far as I know.

Quote:

Yes, Sein has a very nice ass

*runs*
It's really the outfit that dose it I mean she's practicality wearing a cat suit 24/7.

Quote:
You just had to show that off didn't you?

With no more kidneys to sell, how much would my brain sell for in the market...
Well obviously like I said I'll flaunt anything other people don't have since they do it right back.
Quote:
Railguns, the best slug throwers ever
Hard to beat something that basiclly uses controlled lightning to hurl a shell out a gun at hypersonic speeds... A funny apology to how hard that gun would hit was that the slug would be equal to quote "hitting a target with a Ford Taurus (mid sized sedan) at 380 miles per hour."

Quote:
MLRS?
Na, no need for anything so fancy tree bursts from tube artillery works just fine and then a creeping barrage to finish it up

I love the British Artillery Company so very, very much…
Message: Gun line charge super, HE, cap on, sweep two degrees through the sector!

Nothing is more fun then some poor German puke thinking he's winning and pushing one of my teammates back through a choke point when... WHAM creeping barrages and overwatch everywhere and he's running around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to escape the kill zone.

Quote:
So Tk likes Guro then?

Nonsense I’m looking at this from a tactical perspective if you’re going to molest someone it’s easier to do when they can’t run away… I didn't say shot her in the head, her knees would probably do.

Quote:
Since Hayate is safe... There's Nanoha, Fate, Keroko, Kha- Wait.

Fate and Keroko are already two of your targets!
I don't think she could do much to Nanoha honestly she seems a tad too desne to be attacked psychologically (she probably wouldn't even "get" the taunts ) and if you piss her off she'll just blast your ass into next week.

Really though these "manipulators" types often just make me roll my eyes in general. There is really very seldom a reason the person should sit around and listen to their bullshit (or give two shits what some random villain they've never met has to say about them). If they're getting annoying though they should just shot them, that'll shut them up...

Evil Manipulator: Think about it dose your family really lov--
*bang*
Evil Manipulator: You shot me! I can't believe you fucking shot me!
Hero: I came here to fight not listen to you wax philosophical about my personal life for half and hour.

Add that the Hero List:
"If I'm the hero I'm under no obligation to oblige my enemy his long winded monologue aimed at either weakening me or persuading me to join his side, in fact while he's thusly distracted is an ideal time for a sneak attack."

Quote:

Okay, maybe it's not really THAT bad since she can was certainly implied to be capable of fighting on the fly when in Unison during ep. 25... But this is starting to get a little ridiculous...
Maybe she's just faking it because she likes blowing stuff up with massive overkill and if she learned other less overly destructive spells they might whine if she didn't use them...

You do have like a year or two to play with as well. That ought to be enough time for her to realize that relying totally on others to defend her might not be the optimal arrangement and try to improve herself.

Last edited by Tk3997; 2007-12-16 at 16:18.
Old 2007-12-16, 11:15   Link #17771
Ottocycle

Quote:

Okay, maybe it's not really THAT bad since she can was certainly implied to be capable of fighting on the fly when in Unison during ep. 25... But this is starting to get a little ridiculous...
Quote:

I mean... EVEN Yuuno has decent melee skills, and he's far more of a support than Hayate. Hell, he's not even a soldier.

Even taking into account to 'process-speed' excuse, aren't there alternatives? Like training to use low-key magical spells that are far quicker to process than to emphasis purely on heavy-hitters? Improve her aerial-skills? Create a familiar with her hueg mana pool as a double-team to improve her situation? Use cards like the Liezes, pooled with her mana to speed up magic usage?

I said it before, it's like she's not even bothering to up her potential, simply because... 'lol I never found a need to', along with how her weaknesses made her say 'sigh, that's my limit' rather than 'how do I go-around it'?

It'll look up a little next chapter. From this chapter and the next, she seems to have a decent cast time, but relatively slow compared to N+F.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapter 11
Hayate: I guess I won't lose if I go up against them 1v1 with no area restrictions as my spell range and effect radii aren't inferior (I feel she's implying they're better) than either of theirs.
In a modern air combat perspective, I guess it's comparable to her spamming her Phoenixes and Amoses at them before they can close in with AMRAAMs, Sidewinders, Alamos and Adders.
Old 2007-12-16, 11:41   Link #17772
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Accel Icicle?
Yeah, something like that

Quote:
Aurora Lights/Rush.

Quote:
ZOMGHAXX!!!
Not all of them, of course

Quote:
Heh, I wonder how it'll be

Quote:

Well, that's Hayate for you
Though, she should at least have some melee training, her staff is an armed device after all, even if it doesn't have a cartrige system...

Quote:
I don't think she could do much to Nanoha honestly she seems a tad too dense to be attacked psychologically (she probably wouldn't even "get" the taunts ) and if you piss her off she'll just blast your ass into next week.

Really though these "manipulators" types often just make me roll my eyes in general. There is really very seldom a reason the person should sit around and listen to their bullshit (or give two shits what some random villain they've never met has to say about them). If they're getting annoying though they should just shot them, that'll shut them up...

Evil Manipulator: Think about it does your family really lov--
*bang*
Hero: I came here to fight not listen to you wax philosophical about my personal life for half and hour.

Add that the Hero List:
"If I'm the hero I'm under no obligation to oblige my enemy his long winded monologue aimed at either weakening me or persuading me to join his side, in fact while he's thusly distracted is an ideal time for a sneak attack."
Well, villans like to brag after all

And some times, it does work
*runs*
Old 2007-12-16, 12:00   Link #17773
Tormenk

No offense meant but I was seriously LOLing when I read this, for some weird reason..

Quote:
I don't think she could do much to Nanoha honestly she seems a tad too desne to be attacked psychologically (she probably wouldn't even "get" the taunts ) and if you piss her off she'll just blast your ass into next week.

Evil Manipulator: Think about it dose your family really lov--
*bang*

Add that the Hero List:

Maybe she's just faking it because she likes blowing stuff up with massive overkill and if she learned other less overly destructive spells they might whine if she didn't use them...
I'll downplay the long-winded ramblings and just say this for now. Katrina is not the manipulator type and I certainly won't have her just talking to them all day long. That's just plain boring. And this would certainly gave me something to fire off and start straight away if is wasn't 1am over here.

Ironically, Nanoha holds the least interest for me but I have the biggest plans for her yet. Lets just say she can't take Katrina down without shattering something precious to her.

I'll see if I can fill out the actual scenario later in the morning. This is so going to lots of fun.

Old 2007-12-16, 13:56   Link #17774
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
WHEN?!

I want my little herd of Teslas dammit!!
Keep waiting then. I've told you, I'm not going to torp her life like that.

Quote:
This is their first intro here. "Happy mode" only comes during off-time, and only if Jag isn't pissing her off like always.
Rare is even better.

Quote:
Kay you're getting into the creepy zone her with being so eager to see Tesla knocked up... Though that said can Knights even have children? I know in my story I intended for it to be biologically impossible since they aren't acutally human. Really I'd say a human probably has a better chances of conceiving with a Chimp then one of the knights.
They can sleep, they can eat, they can bleed... give me one decent argument why they shouldn't be able to have children.

Quote:

*smacks Kha across the head with a fan* Forgetting someone?

Quote:
It's a slight departure, though both can work for various reasons.
I've been thinking about it, but I found Fate a better person for the Ace of Clubs mainly because S1 revolve around lonely Fate.

Quote:
As FSN is to Kha, so is Dennou Coil to Keroko?

*runs*
No no, its not that bad. You won't see a ridiculous amount of copy-pasta from me, but I will make sure that Coil Magic is easilly recognisable.

Tk should like it, as its a magic type that will be more technical and less mystical.

Quote:
Concidering the chapter is more centered around the forwards and Co, don't expect too much. I'm also breaking my head at making Keroko and Tesla say something new (especially since Vita stole Keroko's lines )

Although I did note the arival of the sugestive Griffith/Lucino piece...

Quote:

Even the manga isn't fixing this, huh?

Quote:

Coil Crack is gooooooood~~
Yes, yes it is.

Quote:
Hmm... a glass diamond perhaps. @_@
I was actually thinking about the mental sturdiness she displayed in A's.

Quote:
Though metaphorically speaking, the composition of a diamond's chain-structures is very much like the core of a family holding one another, trusted and bound by everything. In a sense, it makes up Hayate's role... a little on her whole core of RF6 thing, or at least, Wolkenritter.
Ooh, good one.

Quote:
Hmm... there is this crack I'm still undecided WHO to give it to... Hayate, Shamal or Tesla...

It's something inspired from what I read a long time ago... can't remember where I saw it though...

*hears a lightning storm aproaching*

.... someone has issues with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
It'll look up a little next chapter. From this chapter and the next, she seems to have a decent cast time, but relatively slow compared to N+F.

In a modern air combat perspective, I guess it's comparable to her spamming her Phoenixes and Amoses at them before they can close in with AMRAAMs, Sidewinders, Alamos and Adders.
So its the 'I rock so supremely at nukes that I don't need melee' aproach, huh?

Last edited by Keroko; 2007-12-16 at 14:33.
Old 2007-12-16, 14:06   Link #17775
Ottocycle

Quote:
Well she wasn't bragging, so I'm going to be careful with the translation and interpretation of that. But yes, that was what she meant(without the haughtiness, of course, but with confidence).

Nothing Aaron can't fix, definitely.

Hoping for a Christmas release.
Old 2007-12-16, 14:39   Link #17776
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Quote:
They can sleep, they can eat, they can bleed... give me one decent argument why they shouldn't be able to have children.
Beisdes the fact, and I reitrate, they aren't human? That isn't really some minor thing you can brush off when talking about reproduction... As an example a bear can also sleep, eat, and bleed now do no I need to explain why you couldn’t have a kid with it?

I had a big debate like a month or two back with Lowe about how the Knights aren’t human, but rather according to him and seemingly prevailing opinion are some sort of corporeal energy patterns/programs that just imitate being human. Originally I was somewhat against that idea, but on reflection I think it’s probably closer then my own theory was. A logical consequence of that though is a total inability to breed. You can’t expect sperm to impregnate what amounts to an energy being after all. Looking human is an entirely different thing then being biologically compatible with one, and further if they ARE meaty enough to get pregnant (which is an entirely biological process) then we’re back to having to somehow explain how the hell you can stab them through the chest with a giant knife and not kill them dead

Basiclly I don’t think they’re biologically human (shit we KNOW they aren’t) and reproduction between different species, particularly ones that might be based on entirely different physical principles, that produces viable offspring is extremely rare.

Quote:

No no, its not that bad. You won't see a ridiculous amount of copy-pasta from me, but I will make sure that Coil Magic is easilly recognisable.

Tk should like it, as its a magic type that will be more technical and less mystical.
I acutally started Dling the series after you mentioned it and I poked around a bit for info about it, haven't gotten to watching it yet though.

Quote:
Even the manga isn't fixing this, huh?
Looks like it's all up to us to do her justice.

Quote:
Also know as the TK3997 approach to combat and another reason to like her.

I'll always go shooty or support over melee or close combat, even if that might not be the best idea. Like in those game clips I posted in my last reply in which my entire army consisted of one team of engineers, my starting infantry squad, one AT gun... and 6 heavy howziters batteries.
Old 2007-12-16, 15:38   Link #17777
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Beisdes the fact, and I reitrate, they aren't human? That isn't really some minor thing you can brush off when talking about reproduction... As an example a bear can also sleep, eat, and bleed now do no I need to explain why you couldn’t have a kid with it?

I had a big debate like a month or two back with Lowe about how the Knights aren’t human, but rather according to him and seemingly prevailing opinion are some sort of corporeal energy patterns/programs that just imitate being human. Originally I was somewhat against that idea, but on reflection I think it’s probably closer then my own theory was. A logical consequence of that though is a total inability to breed. You can’t expect sperm to impregnate what amounts to an energy being after all. Looking human is an entirely different thing then being biologically compatible with one, and further if they ARE meaty enough to get pregnant (which is an entirely biological process) then we’re back to having to somehow explain how the hell you can stab them through the chest with a giant knife and not kill them dead

Basiclly I don’t think they’re biologically human (shit we KNOW they aren’t) and reproduction between different species, particularly ones that might be based on entirely different physical principles, that produces viable offspring is extremely rare.
... A bear? Oh come on, that comparison is so far off that it doesn't even require a comment. Seriously, does a bear even remotely look human to you? Do the wolkies look human to you? Yes, a bear is biologically incapable because it biologically doesn't resemble a human. The wolkies do. I personally believe that they are, in fact, meaty enough to do anything a human can do. The only item to counter that would be Vita's stabbing. And do you really want me to dig up the list of times when heroes, or even villains, got stabbed through the chest or lost entire limbs and were still able to fight? It's pretty much a common thing in anime to spice of drama by ramming sharp objects through character's chests. That's one item versus a whole line of biological aspects that have shown us they are physically human.

If their biological systems are made to be as accurate to the human system as possible (which we know they are) then I don't see why reproduction should not be a part of that. After all, they are basically humans in terms of apearance, they even bleed. If they were simply 'beings of energy' then why the hell do they bleed? Or eat? Or sleep? This shows that aside from being created differently, they share human capabillities. If they are 'meaty' enough to eat, that means they have a digestive system. If they have a digestive system, they have a reproductionairy system. Hell, even the numbers, cyborgs that are at least 70% mechanical, have the abillity to give birth. I fail to see why the wolkies would have a problem.

Quote:
I acutally started Dling the series after you mentioned it and I poked around a bit for info about it, haven't gotten to watching it yet though.
You should. It's very interesting. Lots of cool stuff and mindfucks all around.

Quote:
Looks like it's all up to us to do her justice.
Apparently.

Quote:
Also know as the TK3997 approach to combat and another reason to like her.

I'll always go shooty or support over melee or close combat, even if that might not be the best idea. Like in those game clips I posted in my last reply in which my entire army consisted of one team of engineers, my starting infantry squad, one AT gun... and 6 heavy howziters batteries.
In games I usually take that aproach as well. In my mind, I tend to lean towards melee/ranged mixtures. Dunno, guess I have the romantic bone to do so.

Last edited by Keroko; 2007-12-16 at 16:00.
Old 2007-12-16, 16:17   Link #17778
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Having listened to SS04 I came up with this short piece regarding Nanoha wanting to teach Teana her Starlight Breaker spell

Spoiler for Starlight Breaker ~kana:

Almost everyone of the RF6 is in it

Great! Just great! xD

Quote:
*nodding* I can see she'd be a formidable foe... and would probably be able to do a real number on the Assault Platoon when she attacks when they aren't expecting her. Something like this:
Spoiler for Katrina vs Franz!:

Obviously, this is crack. ^^;; 10-minute crack.
But it's what makes stuff like this so wonderfull! xD

Quote:
Also, in other news: The people have spoken. The new flag of Great Britain.

"It represents shouting "UNION!" and joining together; kicking reason to the curb and doing the impossible; fighting the power, and piercing the heavens.'
Huh!?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
[
Oh yea...you HAVE to watch this!!!
Spoiler for Vid pack x3:
Lol! NERV get thier asses kicked and all she wants is to make friends... thats Nanoha for ya!

Quote:
Overload on crack detected. Brain shutting down...
Neustart.
Gehirnfunktionen wieder aufgenommen.
Deutsch Sprachpaket initialisiert.
Englisch Sprachpaket initialisiert.
Neustart abgeschlossen.

Brrr... that was interesting.
Old 2007-12-16, 20:12   Link #17779
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Quote:
Isolation does make crack finer.
Most true

Quote:
Combination attack.

NO SHE DID NOT! The invading army just brought her enough time to unleash her fire spells upon the area. The fire did the rest while a capture barrier by her comrades prevented anyone from escaping.

The idea of Katrina singlehandedly burning down a fortress would have Tk bombing me with his new toys faster than the Ion Canon.
Aaaaw I thought I could use those leftover napalm bombs in the hangar

So it's more like a conflagration than a single fire spell, sounds good to me

Quote:

The Jacks would be 10x cooler with those kinds of costumes and moves

And 10x cheesier

*runs*

Quote:
Te-oi!

*chases*
But think about it! What if MC was able to seduce Katrina, unlikely as it may be? Their offspring would be the most badass people on the planet!!

*runs faster*

Quote:
Metal Slug?
Old School Good Times my friend

"Rocket Lawnchair!!!!"

Quote:

:3

Quote:

Spoiler for GATTAI DA!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale

WHAT KIND OF SUPREME EPICNESS IS THIS?!?!?!

MOAR PLEASE

*runs at ludicrous speed*

Quote:
No such thing as a 17 inch naval rifle, they had 16 inchers and 18 inchers, but no one every did a 17 inch s far as I know.
Woops, seems I got the number in between

Quote:
It's really the outfit that dose it I mean she's practicality wearing a cat suit 24/7.
Which shows off their... lines extremely well

Quote:
Well obviously like I said I'll flaunt anything other people don't have since they do it right back.

Quote:
Hard to beat something that basiclly uses controlled lightning to hurl a shell out a gun at hypersonic speeds... A funny apology to how hard that gun would hit was that the slug would be equal to quote "hitting a target with a Ford Taurus (mid sized sedan) at 380 miles per hour."
At such speeds, no matter the target's composition it'll most certainly HURT

That's quite the analogy though...

Quote:
Na, no need for anything so fancy tree bursts from tube artillery works just fine and then a creeping barrage to finish it up

I love the British Artillery Company so very, very much…
Message: Gun line charge super, HE, cap on, sweep two degrees through the sector!

Nothing is more fun then some poor German puke thinking he's winning and pushing one of my teammates back through a choke point when... WHAM creeping barrages and overwatch everywhere and he's running around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to escape the kill zone.
Aaaah no thing better at demoralizing the enemy than a well-placed and well-directed artillery barrage where it hurts

[IG Basilisk Crew] Main Gunnery, FIRE!!!! [/IG Basilisk Crew]

Quote:
Nonsense I’m looking at this from a tactical perspective if you’re going to molest someone it’s easier to do when they can’t run away… I didn't say shot her in the head, her knees would probably do.
From a tactical perspective maybe... but then again, owning someone when they are still pretty capable of defending themselves just seems more satisfying, just shows how much more 1337 you are

Quote:
... A bear? Oh come on, that comparison is so far off that it doesn't even require a comment. Seriously, does a bear even remotely look human to you? Do the wolkies look human to you? Yes, a bear is biologically incapable because it biologically doesn't resemble a human. The wolkies do. I personally believe that they are, in fact, meaty enough to do anything a human can do. The only item to counter that would be Vita's stabbing. And do you really want me to dig up the list of times when heroes, or even villains, got stabbed through the chest or lost entire limbs and were still able to fight? It's pretty much a common thing in anime to spice of drama by ramming sharp objects through character's chests. That's one item versus a whole line of biological aspects that have shown us they are physically human.

If their biological systems are made to be as accurate to the human system as possible (which we know they are) then I don't see why reproduction should not be a part of that. After all, they are basically humans in terms of apearance, they even bleed. If they were simply 'beings of energy' then why the hell do they bleed? Or eat? Or sleep? This shows that aside from being created differently, they share human capabillities. If they are 'meaty' enough to eat, that means they have a digestive system. If they have a digestive system, they have a reproductionairy system. Hell, even the numbers, cyborgs that are at least 70% mechanical, have the abillity to give birth. I fail to see why the wolkies would have a problem.
The one thing to remember about the Wolkenritter, if you subscribe to the thought of them being "Physically Manifested Biological Emulation Programs" is the word "Emulation".

They're very much like robots in the sense... all of the main human physiological functions can be easily replicated with impunity considering the techbase. Breathing, Eating, Thinking, even Bleeding can be emulated with relative ease, because the phsyical processes between these can be mimicked by mechanical or digital means with the proper analogy. Breathing is easily accomplished through pumps, Eating through osmosis and decomposition, Thinking through digital circuitry, and Bleeding through fluid dynamics.

On the other hand, reproduction is a much more significantly complex process than all of the above combined, because in this case you're trying to recreate AN ENTIRE ORGANISM from an initially miniscule mass, which requires a significant expenditure of energy to perform over a very long period of time in order to be feasible. Not to mention that reproduction relies on more than just the division of cells, there's also the matter of genetic material being reshuffled between the gametes.

While I believe 'cell' division would be incredibly easy for a Wolkenritter (they do heal themselves), it's one thing when you're healing yourself using your own energy. Trying to do the same at a much larger scale with what basically amounts to recreating another individual program, with presumably its own Linker Core, is an entirely different matter.

The evidence against the fact that the Wolkenritter are biological is the fact that despite their completely human emulation, the Wolkenritter don't grow like humans, as Vita can most certainly attest to, much to her chagrin. It's thus hard to believe that they have the cellular regeneration abilities necessary to carry out a full-fledged human reproduction.

The issue comes down on whether the Ritter really are emulations mimicking human physiology, or they truly are physically biological. If they're the former, that means that despite their complexity and the degree of believability, at their very core they're no more than... 'robots' so to speak. You can try to do them, and although they'll be incredibly delicious believable in that aspect, I doubt the end result will progress beyond the messy ejaculation of fluids and a VERY good time.

As for the Numbers... they're not completely biological as we know (obviously pure machines can't have a DNA base), and as you yourself said they're 70% biological, so there's still 30% which might be purely biological. Jail might have retained their reproductive systems just for the purpose of his backup plan, it'd be much easier, and less complicated than trying to manufacture an artificial womb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Overload on crack detected. Brain shutting down...
Neustart.
Gehirnfunktionen wieder aufgenommen.
Deutsch Sprachpaket initialisiert.
Englisch Sprachpaket initialisiert.
Neustart abgeschlossen.

Brrr... that was interesting.
JAKQ too much for ya?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-12-16, 20:49   Link #17780
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Die. Now. ASAP.

Quote:
But this doesn't exist YET.

Seriously, TK, your "Artilley is everything" all or nothing approach is why you're joining the Army. Even a professional US Army Artillery officer I talked to indirectly (which is to say, via his son, who I know) says that while Artillery is great pwn, you can't win a war with just arty. I refer you to WW1.

Quote:
This isn’t Fate/Zero and frankly nothing shown in FSN ever measured up to say… a nuclear bomb anyway so it’s arguably largely horse shit in universe as well, and it’s clearly total bull in Nanoha as conventional weapons in the form of spaceships and probably other vehicles if the TSAB could be assed to use them can easily put out more destructive force then a thousand mages as evidence by what they did in the past and present.
Hmmm. Let's see. Who was the one going guys with conventionals can't fight off the TSAB's magitech? Right, TK! *scowls* Look, the Nano OC-verse isn't F/SN, I admit that. But it's a point of human psychology. Look at the hell E.J. Land's snipers wreaked amongst the Viet Cong; the Viet Cong were totally unprerared for sniping, had a blind spot to sniping, and lost a lot of people to Marine snipers.

I was commenting on a freakin' point of human psychology. People think of guns as the bigger threat, but a guy with a rock can kill you just as well as a guy with a gun. But it's human nature to have a blind spot to something you're unaware of or underestimate, and that blind spot can thus be taken advantage of. That was the point Kiritsugu was making in F/Z, sniping at mages and planting IEDs. And he was talking about personal weapons: nukes are a totally different ballgame. You missed the point, dude.

That's why you're going to be an MP.

Quote:
But in all universes that want an excuse for blatant fan service... Sides if you must go fluid exchange a blood transfusion would transfer an awful lot more and quicker too boot.
Having donated blood and having observed blood transfusions, I'd say it's iffy. Took me about 15-20 minutes to fill up a pint of blood, and then when you transfuse it can't go in all at one shot. Now sex, on the other hand... depending on how fast both parties get it up and their endurance level, it could take either faster or longer.

But it's certainly more fun. XD

Quote:
Really it's just how one should approach combat in general, the enemy is a problem to be solved in the most efficient and expedient way possible...
That's basically the thrust of the books I've been reading. Also, interesting thing I found: Delta uses bandages to dress bullet wounds. SEALs use tampons.:P And they were apparently the pioneers of using condoms to seal the barrels of their weapons, which the British copied for the Gulf War.
Quote:
Artillery is the god of war, and on that note allot of what I've been doing the last few days...
Again, artillery is useful, but if it's the god of war why the hell the the Navy get outta the battleship business? Battleship guns are basially floating artillery!
Quote:
Well we do have a number of OC that have been associated with Jail at various times if you need to even the teams a bit you could maybe grab a few of them.
That works, but what I was really referring to was the problem of whether to feel sorry or not for the Numbers who are up against Master Chief and Ivanovich.
Quote:
This is Psycho. The nutjob. The crazy man. If it were up to him, he'd grab her ass, and slap detcord on her legs and blow them off, THEN have his way with her. And not nesscesarily in that order either.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2007-12-16 at 21:00.
Closed Thread