Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2020-04-09, 18:25   Link #1761
Twi

Screw the airlock maze.
Old 2020-04-10, 00:19   Link #1762
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm trying to finally do a real first run max confidant play through, currently at 5th palace treasure, and I can't help but feel like I'm going to screw this up again.

Ah well Kasumi has been nothing but a true sweetie pie, to misquote Yosuke Hanamura.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-10, 18:01   Link #1763
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'm trying to finally do a real first run max confidant play through, currently at 5th palace treasure, and I can't help but feel like I'm going to screw this up again.

Ah well Kasumi has been nothing but a true sweetie pie, to misquote Yosuke Hanamura.
Same here. I'm trying to go for the full max Confidant route but I'm currently at the end of Futaba's palace and feel like I lost my window again. I think the trick is to lean hard on Kawakami early on so you can get the massages to free up your evenings (but I missed the flag for her request before the summer break so now I'm stuck loosing time every time I need to hit mementos or a palace )
Old 2020-04-10, 20:25   Link #1764
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
There's a compilation of beta/prototype stuff from P5 up to now:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-10, 22:06   Link #1765
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Same here. I'm trying to go for the full max Confidant route but I'm currently at the end of Futaba's palace and feel like I lost my window again. I think the trick is to lean hard on Kawakami early on so you can get the massages to free up your evenings (but I missed the flag for her request before the summer break so now I'm stuck loosing time every time I need to hit mementos or a palace )
The night confidants are still easy. It is the day ones that typically poae a problem.
Old 2020-04-11, 04:26   Link #1766
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
The night confidants are still easy. It is the day ones that typically poae a problem.
True but for that you just gotta make sure you never spend more than 2/3 days running a palace (1 day to get to the barrier if needed, 1 to reach treasure, 1 to steal). My mistake in the original was stopping when I was running out of steam instead of conserving my SPs and going in with as much healing items as I could spare.

Aside from that using the Fortune confidant to boost stats, always remembering to do the crosswords, drink the juice on Sundays, read the books during the subway, answer the school questions correctly, etc. All those should help raise stats without spending too much time on them.
Old 2020-04-11, 04:45   Link #1767
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
True but for that you just gotta make sure you never spend more than 2/3 days running a palace (1 day to get to the barrier if needed, 1 to reach treasure, 1 to steal). My mistake in the original was stopping when I was running out of steam instead of conserving my SPs and going in with as much healing items as I could spare.

Aside from that using the Fortune confidant to boost stats, always remembering to do the crosswords, drink the juice on Sundays, read the books during the subway, answer the school questions correctly, etc. All those should help raise stats without spending too much time on them.
Well if you have a P5 original save file loaded, the cash is enough to deck you out that the first palace can be done in a single day, enough even for the second. Beyond that you should be able to single day all the palaces even without Takemi's accessories.

Thankfully Fortune's confidant boost is now at L5, not L7, plus you don't need to rush Kawakami to 10 as much any more since Mona shuts his trap at night now. Also you get so much more train reading time.
Old 2020-04-12, 01:14   Link #1768
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

At the end of November now. I actually managed to finish all night time Confidants now, compared to my previous first runs. Now I'm just working nights at the bar for money.

Now all that really remains is if I can get Tower far enough that I can finish it, if at all, by December's end or I can finish it up in the 3rd semester.
Old 2020-04-12, 11:49   Link #1769
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Holy shit I managed to finish a first run max confidants playthrough exactly on December 22.

Spoiler for Spoilers:
Old 2020-04-13, 16:33   Link #1770
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Did they some dungeons' mechanics? I mean I kinda hated Okumura's palace since it made me rely on special attacks a lot while the asthetics were kinda dull. The SP is more important for the bosses so having to face so many robots that needed be defeated with magic made me waste a lot of SP to the point I had no option but to give up one or two days.
Old 2020-04-15, 12:43   Link #1771
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Did they some dungeons' mechanics? I mean I kinda hated Okumura's palace since it made me rely on special attacks a lot while the asthetics were kinda dull. The SP is more important for the bosses so having to face so many robots that needed be defeated with magic made me waste a lot of SP to the point I had no option but to give up one or two days.
From what I hear Okumura's dungeon and boss fight is just as bad as the original
Old 2020-04-15, 18:52   Link #1772
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

By the time of Okumura's dungeon, I think I had the Tae accessory that restores a bit of SP every turn, so it wasn't a problem. The game becomes a lot easier once you have that.
Old 2020-04-28, 23:23   Link #1773
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
After getting through Royal, I have to say this was a great ride. I enjoyed the heck out of the original version anyways. But Royal just added some nice elements and characters that elevated it nicely. It might have added more to the experience than Golden did to the original P4 experience.

New characters were a blast, liked the various small changes they made throughout the game, and the extra story really had some strong moments.

A lot of games that I want to play that had to sit on the back burner while I went through this. But it very much was worth prioritizing this one.
Old 2020-05-10, 10:02   Link #1774
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
By the time of Okumura's dungeon, I think I had the Tae accessory that restores a bit of SP every turn, so it wasn't a problem. The game becomes a lot easier once you have that.
Sounds neat. The Okumura dungeon for me was the hardest part of the game considering most Shadows required SP attacks since physical moves didn't hurt them. Haru had her own skills to take down them but she also had her limits.
Old 2020-07-07, 22:22   Link #1775
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Looking back at this game, I'm glad for a lot of the changes they went with. Some major things, but also just a lot of small things that make the game smoother. Heck something as simple as tweaking how Ryuji's 'instant-kill' perk worked made it so much better. It really made improving his confidant bothersome in the first game. Since you'd instant-kill shadows which was nice for moving along...but you got nothing but the captured persona out of it. So you were actively hurting yourself financially and in exp. Just making sure you got the exp and money allowed for that 'perk' to really help you out.

While a second run through the game was fun...I might let it sit for quite a while before coming back to it. That kind of long journey isn't one to be repeated too often. Although going through it again did allow me to confirm how fun the whole thing was. Nice when something ends up being as fun as you hoped it would be.
Old 2020-07-08, 18:44   Link #1776
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I legit thought I wasn't gonna make all the confidants max before december and wouldn't you know it, right one 12/1, last Futaba rank up just in time. Also slight off topic side-bar, dub for P5A is coming in September, glad they managed to accomplish it, hopefully Scramblers dub will arrive soon.
Old 2020-07-13, 23:47   Link #1777
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

The things I liked most about Royal were Kasumi and Maruki. The thing I liked the least as far as changes went, was Kasumi lol...
Spoiler for avoid if you haven't beaten game":

P5R wasn't executed well enough to go anywhere above #3 on my list of top 3 games, but it did make top 3, so it's not bad, lol.

Waiting for P6 to beat P5, lol.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-28, 22:56   Link #1778
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
As of July, 1.4 million copies of Royal were sold worldwide according to Atlus.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-18, 14:48   Link #1779
Dextro
He Without a Title

Get hyped folks!

English version of Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers listed by Asian retailers for February 23, 2021 release

Quote:
An English version of Omega Force-developed action RPG Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers has been listed at Indonesian retailer PS Enterprise (PlayStation 4, Switch) and Singaporean retailers Qisahn (PlayStation 4, Switch) and Toy Or Game (PlayStation 4, Switch), both with a February 23, 2021 release date.

The Toy Or Game listing specifically mentions the game will support “English [text] with Japanese or English voice-overs.”
Old 2020-11-18, 15:44   Link #1780
Frontier

That's fantastic to hear !

Tags
persona 5, ps3, shin megami tensei