AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-09, 07:43   Link #1761
Acer
Death to the infidels!

one good news in a shit morning I'm having.
Old 2013-12-09, 08:00   Link #1762
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Ahh, the black background cover that I was waiting for. Very Nice Haimura.
Old 2013-12-09, 08:01   Link #1763
R.LocK
My turn

Yessss.

Forum hates my posts.
Old 2013-12-09, 09:34   Link #1764
Thatguy3331
Pro Slacker

Fantastic.... I'm crying.
Old 2013-12-09, 09:58   Link #1765
omega253

Now we have to wait for the fake and real spoilers. It's times like this that make me hate waiting...
Old 2013-12-09, 10:46   Link #1766
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Someone once asked an official that question.

Their response was basically that the Novels already have a free and up to date translation posted online, and that fact, coupled with just how many Index novels there are makes the idea of translating and publishing them unfeasible.
Ahh, yes. I remember this post. It was said by one of the officials of Seven Seas Entertainment shortly after they licensed the Railgun manga. Granted, the person was asking about the Index manga and the official was ignorant of that but I can definitely second that this was said. [In other words, Seven Seas knew about B-T and didn't want to interfere with that. ]

Plus, if you want to know the risk of licensing a long running novel series, look no further than what happened to Shakugan no Shana.

Like C2F said, Index is far more complicated then Railgun overall, which plays a huge role in why western audiences like Railgun over Index. We, stupid Americans, dislike the use of our brains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Preview cover for NT9:
Spoiler:

Link
It's beautiful. It's got a black background. It lacks Mikoto (How we have fallen to make that a plus). It has a full-frontal view of Othinus.
The only thing that could have made it better would be Kamijou floating in that void in like the background or something.
Old 2013-12-09, 11:38   Link #1767
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Now if Touma could only awaken his true powers, this LN would reclaim its position as #1 (sales wise) again.
Old 2013-12-09, 12:07   Link #1768
Miraluka
Banned

I can make it better:

Old 2013-12-09, 12:12   Link #1769
Sumeragi
Banned

Hmmmm..... I should get Oppa to make a copy of that particular costume.
Old 2013-12-09, 12:22   Link #1770
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Why is that okay but not skirts ?!
Old 2013-12-09, 12:23   Link #1771
Sumeragi
Banned

Covered Nopan > Pantsu
Old 2013-12-09, 12:26   Link #1772
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Aww yiss I got my wish of Othinus straight. <3
Old 2013-12-09, 12:33   Link #1773
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Covered Nopan > Pantsu
What?! How?! Why?! I don't even

But what about the romance of skirts?! The romance?!?!

ON TOPIC:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Like C2F said, Index is far more complicated then Railgun overall, which plays a huge role in why western audiences like Railgun over Index. We, stupid Americans, dislike the use of our brains.
Well yes there's definitely that, but to be fair it's not all because of dumb Americans Kamachi is a great idea man, but he has the tendency to go overboard with his complexity and doesn't always express them in a clear, non-vague way.
Old 2013-12-09, 12:37   Link #1774
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

It's basically due to the info dump style. We may be fine with it, but it won't really stretch out to a wider audience due to it's writing. (age group is a factor)
Old 2013-12-09, 12:43   Link #1775
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's the problem, because it's a big IF and nobody's willing to take that risk.

Actually that's a misunderstanding - people don't really care about the religious references and what not. Anime viewers in general are usually religiously open minded to begin with. Stories about the "evil church" are common even in the west.

The real reason, when you get down to it, is because Index is harder to understand while Railgun is easy to understand.
Ok that makes a lot more sense... Thanks for answering my questions... you know I just want Index to sell better ... (WANTING SEASON 3)

I understand that you say people don't like complicated stories, but that doesn't make that much sense to me... A lot of the most popular shonen has the most crazy storylines imagineable... Take One Piece for example. Naruto isn't very normal either. Nor is Toriko nor Bleach... and the list continues. I'm not sure if that part of your argument makes sense.

I mean I understand you are saying that having it is complicated because it takes time and effort to understand, but don't hardcore fans for any series do that? Even in the US... so I'm kind of missing the point. I know plenty of people who like the crazy story... I've heard in contrast that for a lot of people what they don't like about Index might be the world-building because they like something more concrete compared to the real world and that seems a much more valid reason to me...

I do feel though that this opinion is only held because people don't read far enough to see how real it can be... This is actually what I think is the real reason why people prefer Railgun to Index. It's not that hard to identify with those middle schoolers and Misaka Mikoto's personality is as simple as bricks. Touma's personality on the other hand is weird. That's actually why I like his personality... I mean who the heck else doesn't need a reason to save anyone ever even if he/she doesn't know them and will risk everything for them... (Kudo Shinichi perhaps?).

Index is different and I think that might be why more people didn't pick it up online and start reading it. It's harder to hear of or find. I heard of it by extreme chance/luck and thought it was the best thing ever from episode 1...

Also, I feel like the South may care a bit about the Church... maybe not the North/West...

And hopefully Touma is on the back, but that was a nice cover.

(I find it funny how skeptical everyone was that he was going to put Othinus on it... I mean what else was he going to put Clearly NOT Mikoto )
Old 2013-12-09, 12:45   Link #1776
Miraluka
Banned

Old 2013-12-09, 13:17   Link #1777
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

thats great but, why isnt her eye shown!?
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2013-12-09, 13:18   Link #1778
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Ok that makes a lot more sense... Thanks for answering my questions... you know I just want Index to sell better ... (WANTING SEASON 3)

I understand that you say people don't like complicated stories, but that doesn't make that much sense to me... A lot of the most popular shonen has the most crazy storylines imagineable... Take One Piece for example. Naruto isn't very normal either. Nor is Toriko nor Bleach... and the list continues. I'm not sure if that part of your argument makes sense.
Actually I can answer that question and it's disgustingly simple-- Because One Piece, Naruto and Bleach have very good action scenes that appeals to the straight forward power vs power. This is something that has it's foundation in Dragonball Z that most western anime fans grew up with.

Yes there are people who follow them for the story, but I'm willing to better if you talk to the commonfolk about those series, you'll probably just end up with a discussion about power levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I mean I understand you are saying that having it is complicated because it takes time and effort to understand, but don't hardcore fans for any series do that? Even in the US... so I'm kind of missing the point. I know plenty of people who like the crazy story... I've heard in contrast that for a lot of people what they don't like about Index might be the world-building because they like something more concrete compared to the real world and that seems a much more valid reason to me...
First you have to get them to be hardcore fans first.

But hardcore fans are a minority, if you want to get huge massive fanbase, you need to appeal to masses.

And let me tell you, whether it's games, Animes or movies, the masses have a very low interest in world building. They want two things, either it's simple and easy to relate, or it's grimdark and hardboil. They're in it for instant gratification.

More often than not, it's the characters they pay attention to.
Old 2013-12-09, 13:19   Link #1779
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
thats great but, why isnt her eye shown!?
Because it would reveal she's not the "real" OT.
Old 2013-12-09, 13:19   Link #1780
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

That's a nice cover. The new synopsis doesn't tell us much more then what we already know. It is just going to make the wait for spoiler harder.

Tags
novel predictions