AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-04, 21:50   Link #1761
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Watched episode 10 and again the action seemed a little disjointed for me. For me, in the last few episodes, it seems the episodes begin with a decent beginning, drags on for a bit in the middle, and ends with a lot of suspense in the last minutes. I really hope the last couple of episodes build on the suspense, as I'm really interested in how all this will play out.

Evil Kaede just does something for me. I don't know what, but she has a very alluring effect on me. The little use of Kämpfer Natsuru is disheartening to me, though. Akane's character has seemed pretty stagnant lately and Mikoto's cheeriness and energy still annoy me for some reason. And Shizuku is just... the best.

So, the new rankings for the girls after episode 10.
5. Mikoto
4. Akane
3. Natsuru
2. Kaede
1. Shizuku

Last edited by puretsundere; 2009-12-04 at 22:34.
puretsundere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 22:01   Link #1762
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
It will be curious to see what kind of ending or cut-off point they'll be going for in the last two episodes.

In terms of the girls, my favorite remains Akane. However Mikoto is strong competition, and she might edge out Akane sometimes. Shizuku has been growing on me.

I can't tell if I like or dislike Kaede more now than I did before.
Old 2009-12-04, 22:58   Link #1763
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkharuhiism View Post

Evil Kaede just does something for me.

Evil Kaede honestly has the potential to be a very good cerebral villain. We may finally have somebody to truly challenge Shizuku at a cunning and intellectual level.

"Normal" Kaede didn't bother me the way that she did many Kampfer fans, but I will admit... she's much better as a villain than just as another part of the Natsuru harem.
Old 2009-12-04, 23:16   Link #1764
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Was kinda playing around with photoshop and made some freebies.

Last edited by Zwei; 2009-12-04 at 23:33.
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 23:17   Link #1765
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I'm liking that Ryouka from White. She's so cute.

That smg/uzi......how can anyone block that? I don't think even Shizuku can block/dodge when that thing starts spraying!

I don't think any current Kampfers stand a chance to that.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 23:34   Link #1766
Wrath88
Kissing...

Lol, I'm watching the thing, and I just realized there's some things that don't make sense. But then again, it's Kampfer. Love that Umineko ref.

I find that Mikoto going to Natsuru's room just to detach Black Rabbit for that kiss is quite out of the way. And although it looks like Mikoto and Akane forgot about the doll, when Natsuru gets back, he's detaching Black Rabbit like she's always been there. Also, how do the dolls get to see the fireworks considering that they're facing away from the window?

Another special escape once again, this time Shizuku's. Considering where Natsuru's right hand was, the only way for her to move is upwards, and yet later she's on his right side. Harder to accept as reality compared to Natsuru flying after that punch back then.

But, then again, it's Kampfer. I don't watch this for seriousness. (I think that's the same for any anime I watch though)
Old 2009-12-04, 23:59   Link #1767
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Shizuku is pretty similar to Hitagi in Bakemonogatari. If Shizuku ends up with Natsuru, then that will mean that the Hitagi/Shizuku character type won two of the more prominent harem contests of this year in anime.

So... yes, I think that, along with Hitagi, Shizuku could represent the beginning of a new archetype becoming popular.

And, honestly, I'm glad to see it.
This is a NOT new archetype. We have seen this archetype in the past. The so called 'classic tsundere's ' had it - go back to 80's and you will see somewhat similar characters Madoka from Kimagure Orange Road or Hayase from Macross, they had less exposed sexuality and bit less bold due to love triangle's but you can see a lot of similarities between the classic tsundere's and this 'new' Hitagi archetype.

Sheryl from Macross F also is pretty similar to this. So I would not consider this a new archetype - just retro archetype with added some contemporary traits (clearly expressed sexiness and even less hesitation).
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 00:19   Link #1768
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Just wondering, what does Sakura have to gain with Natsuru having sex with Shizuku? Are Kampers suppose to be virgins?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 00:35   Link #1769
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Just wondering, what does Sakura have to gain with Natsuru having sex with Shizuku? Are Kampers suppose to be virgins?
No. Shizuku implies that she's a virgin, but that's not the point of Sakura's plan.

Sakura's plan is for Natsuru to totally distract Shizuku from her focus on Kaede's machinations by having Natsuru get into a serious relationship with her. I wouldn't really call it rape; Sakura told him that Shizuku loves him and would be willing if he was more forceful.

Basically, Kaede knows that Natsuru, Akane, and Kondou aren't a threat to her plans; only Shizuku is because only she is focused on what the white Kampfer are doing (Natsuru gets distracted every time he tried to think about it...), so the plan is to get Shizuku out of the running.

To be fair, it's not even that smart a plan; Shizuku can clearly multi-task and knows the difference between the business of Kampfer fighting and her personal relationship with Natsuru so I don't really think it'd work anyways. Shizuku is 100% business when it comes to fighting, although I guess she'd be worried about his safety which would be a crutch...
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 00:51   Link #1770
hellraiser85

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
No. Shizuku implies that she's a virgin, but that's not the point of Sakura's plan.

Sakura's plan is for Natsuru to totally distract Shizuku from her focus on Kaede's machinations by having Natsuru get into a serious relationship with her. I wouldn't really call it rape; Sakura told him that Shizuku loves him and would be willing if he was more forceful.

Basically, Kaede knows that Natsuru, Akane, and Kondou aren't a threat to her plans; only Shizuku is because only she is focused on what the white Kampfer are doing (Natsuru gets distracted every time he tried to think about it...), so the plan is to get Shizuku out of the running.

To be fair, it's not even that smart a plan; Shizuku can clearly multi-task and knows the difference between the business of Kampfer fighting and her personal relationship with Natsuru so I don't really think it'd work anyways. Shizuku is 100% business when it comes to fighting, although I guess she'd be worried about his safety which would be a crutch...
yea your guess is right, but her ultimate plan ,as a moderator (that's what the latest episode is hinting), is to have shizuku resume the war and fight the blue kampfers as she used to do before losing to natsuru; she plans to get her to do that through natsuru (according to sakura, even shizuku wouldn't refuse her lover's request).
of course she's gonna have natsuru tell her to stop investigating the moderators too
hellraiser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 00:58   Link #1771
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser85 View Post
yea your guess is right, but her ultimate plan ,as a moderator (that's what the latest episode is hinting), is to have shizuku resume the war and fight the blue kampfers as she used to do before losing to natsuru; she plans to get her to do that through natsuru (according to sakura, even shizuku wouldn't refuse her lover's request).
of course she's gonna have natsuru tell her to stop investigating the moderators too
It's complicated because we don't know what Sakura's real motivation is; from the novels it seemed as if keeping the war between blue and red going on was a very important factor.

It's just not clear how/why Shizuku would fight the blues after getting into a deeper relationship with Natsuru unless she somehow plans to have them break up in a really bitter manner or something and having Shizuku get pissed at the blues (i.e. force Natsuru onto Akane); it'd be weird for him to just request a restart of the war (after all Shizuku has her own reasons for wanting to go after the moderators, she mentions her friend who she lost in their date in Episode 7). I just don't see the angle, but I'd imagine we learn of Sakura's true goals in episode 11.
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 01:01   Link #1772
Key Board
Carbon

Hitagi and Shizuku are closer to Su-Cool kuudere

I think they're as far as tsundere as they can be

Regardless, Sakura either has some personal issues with Shizuku but considering the mood of the anime so far, it's hard to imagine anything overly sinister. Not to mention that we're near the end.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 01:25   Link #1773
stix
Translator Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
She's using him to get Shizuku under control and keep her from interfering with the war. Basically it's a distraction to keep Shizuku from figuring out too much about why Kämpfers have to fight.
stix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 02:42   Link #1774
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser85 View Post
Speaking of war those puppets seem to get along with each other pretty well.

What's more disturbing to me is how easy it was for these puppets to get their "girls" to go to war with the exception of maybe Shizuku and Natsuru initally.

It's like Pokemon but on a "death match" level.

Quote:
Basically it's a distraction to keep Shizuku from figuring out too much about why Kämpfers have to fight.
Then I'd say that she really underestimates Shizuku.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 04:17   Link #1775
Manic
real men love pink

Quote:
What's more disturbing to me is how easy it was for these puppets to get their "girls" to go to war with the exception of maybe Shizuku and Natsuru initally.
lol i am glad i am not the only person who thought this. I told my friend i thought it was pretty idiotic of these girls to just go kill ppl without a reason just cus a talkin doll told the to.
Old 2009-12-05, 04:19   Link #1776
zero7

Evil Sakura could mind control Natsuru but why doesn't she try mind controlling Shizuku
zero7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 04:23   Link #1777
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Maybe she can only mind control someone who has an affection for her, even if it's slight?
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 04:30   Link #1778
hellraiser85

@zero7 well you could see yourself how quickly shizuku reacted as soon as the evil sakura showed her true colours at the end of the episode... and as mizuno said, she probably can't mind control someone who is unaffected by her charm
hellraiser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 04:30   Link #1779
zero7

Is Shizuku going keep on taking Natsuru first of everything from kiss, date, and others
zero7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 04:33   Link #1780
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Maybe she can only mind control someone who has an affection for her, even if it's slight?
hmm..interesting theory, but in the novel not only Natsuru being mind controlled by Medusa Kaede
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, genderbender, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen