AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2016-10-02, 21:45   Link #17961
Cicili

Nearly lost when those caster soldiers came out and wiped all my assassins.

Didn't expect them to have 130k hp and Medb to charge their np to full in 1 turn.

Fight went down to my last women but won with about 2000hp left.
Cicili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-02, 21:45   Link #17962
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Well the Medbh fight was the easiest to date...

Thanks to Jack, she actually died way before her meat shields...

There's actually no need to wipe out all her mooks first, just bringing them down to when the first Caster appears should be enough
If you're using Jack as the primary damage dealer, you'll probably want to at least wait until you take out the first of the Caster mooks until you focus on her, as he is the one who removes the anti-Quick protection. Also, if you leave one of the mooks alive, you can limit Medb's attacks per round, and she's the biggest offensive threat. If you leave her alone, she will attack three times, and she crits like crazy. She can easily wipe out a non-Assassin in one round if they're unprotected, and is a very real danger even to Assassins as the buffs start piling up.

The first mook is the one that removes the invulnerability, and the second removes the anti-Arts buff, so if you aren't using Shiki or another heavy Arts dealer, you can just focus fire on the #1 position and let Medb herself take the secondary attacks, probably allowing you to one-shot her with Jack once the anti-Quick buff comes off, maybe waiting to clear the rear position just to head off his NPs. Plugsuit stun can work on Medb if you need it, though not if she's used her Golden Body skill (green bodybuilder icon).

I went the "kill 'em all" route versus the mooks, and ended up having to use two Command Spells in the last round to NP up Carmilla and Sensei and take down the last 150k, after Medb focus-fired (and killed in one round) Mash, then took Jack on a ride before she ever got an NP off on her (cleared mooks like crazy, though). I had started out with Marie-Mash-Jack, and if I had it to do over again, I'd probably start with Carmilla in place of Marie. I never ended up needing to remove debuffs, so Marie mostly just tanked and did meh damage versus all the Riders, while Carmilla did very good damage once she came in, and ended up doing the most damage overall versus Medb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicili View Post
Nearly lost when those caster soldiers came out and wiped all my assassins.

Didn't expect them to have 130k hp and Medb to charge their np to full in 1 turn.

Fight went down to my last women but won with about 2000hp left.
I got lucky in that respect. She used her full charge skill earlier in the battle on one of the Rider mooks, right before I was going to use Mash's NP anyway, so I just had Mash taunt/turtle it and wiped him the next round. They, however, did use their NP charge (2 bars) on her each one of their turns. Kintoki and Marie took them out without too much trouble, but didn't last long after that due to Medb herself.

Do not tank the Casters' NPs, by the way. Apparently they have a debuff that kills your NP gain.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2016-10-02 at 22:20.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-02, 23:17   Link #17963
Klard
The cilvilain

So far Herc is still the hardest boss, Mebd literally get rekt by Shiki
Old 2016-10-02, 23:24   Link #17964
McW
Canaan II When?

I'm guessing today's (tomorrow's for some) exhibition will be a naked Gilgamesh ala CCC. Auto-cast Enkidu permanent stun to all divine frontline (LOL Cu and Iskandar), no Ema Elish 'cause we are unworthy for it, instead extra attack with Enkidu that stun you permanently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klard
So far Herc is still the hardest boss, Mebd literally get rekt by Shiki
Maybe for most, but for me the hardest was Siegfried 'cause I have no Emiya which would make it easy.

1. Siegfried
2. Heracles
3. Cu&Scathach
4. Hassans
5. Medb
McW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-02, 23:26   Link #17965
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Herc is the hardest because, while he took lots of damage as Zerker, he still hit like a fucking freight train. So his fight was not just a DPS race but also a fight for survival.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-02, 23:43   Link #17966
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Going back to the weekly missions, it might be best to hold off on the Roman and Chaotic missions until the next refresh, since the next 30AP should have three Roman Servants, two of which are Chaotic (ROMA and Cali), and the Petal farming map (which you'll like be farming anyway) should have two more Chaotic Servants (the two Golden Kings). Only real reason to farm Mount Oe for its two Chaotic Oni is if you're looking for Yggdrasil Seeds or Magic Lamps or if you want to farm currency without getting Silver Medals, and of course there are no Roman Servants in the current slate of battles. The only node with more than two Chaotic Servants (three) will be the one with Ushi, Benkei and Raikou (should be easiest 40AP).
Old 2016-10-02, 23:45   Link #17967
Ryoshi

Herc will always set the standard. The fear of not being able to kill him off enough times before his random crits wreck havoc out of your team setup will always be fresh in my mind. It was all the more exciting because of no continuance, since starting over meant that grind through his 11 lives all over again.

Siegfried could have been the same, but they nerfed his HP too much for it to be a major challenge (he should have been 100K plus). Same goes with Hassan if they would have gave us a dozen or more waves.

They've all been fun, mind you, but the challenging part of it has been slightly lacking since the first challenge.
Ryoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 00:02   Link #17968
Klard
The cilvilain

Siegfried is hard for my alt cause no EMIYA but still managed it with Cu alter buster brave chain
Old 2016-10-03, 00:09   Link #17969
MartianMage

For me the only reason Herc was "hard" is because I did it with 0 damage CE. I'm pretty sure if I had damage CEs at that time Herc wouldn't be that hard... though yeah... his is still the hardest so far.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 00:12   Link #17970
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Petal farm node sucks this time around. On the previous one, I could count on at least 15 bundles of Petals (usually more), with 6 or 7 Petals per bundle. With the same number of CEs and one of them being LB, I'm now getting 7 or 8 per bundle, but the last battle I only got 11 bundles. No item drops, so the spaces weren't replaced with anything else, they just didn't show up...

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2016-10-03 at 01:57.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 00:15   Link #17971
Kakurin
大佐

I've stopped petal farming after clearing the sixth iteration with the lore. Don't think the subsequent draws are really worth specifically farming for. Rather focus on getting the medals, you'll still drop some petals anyway.
Old 2016-10-03, 01:07   Link #17972
Ryoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
I've stopped petal farming after clearing the sixth iteration with the lore. Don't think the subsequent draws are really worth specifically farming for. Rather focus on getting the medals, you'll still drop some petals anyway.
I'm on the other side of the fence. Currently on my 12th Lottery. The prisms, the QP, the Exp cards and the new mats take priority for me over the rest of the shop. Just can't have enough EXP cards for me

Plus, the current missions set doesn't provide a decent spot for farming gold and silver medals, even if I line my team up with the necessary CEs.
One run on the 40AP will grant me 6-7 gold medals at most (along with silver medals and petals), which amounts to less than 50 per run if I'm lucky (with 3 CEs).
Somehow the missions in the first 5 days were much better to farm for individual medal types. Kind of regretting not doing the gold and silver nodes back then now. Almost bought out the bronze mats though, so that's a positive.
Old 2016-10-03, 02:14   Link #17973
Thess

I just want a CE drop. I don't want it to be like Illya event which I got the drops the very last day.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 02:47   Link #17974
Cicili

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Petal farm node sucks this time around. On the previous one, I could count on at least 15 bundles of Petals (usually more), with 6 or 7 Petals per bundle. With the same number of CEs and one of them being LB, I'm now getting 7 or 8 per bundle, but the last battle I only got 11 bundles. No item drops, so the spaces weren't replaced with anything else, they just didn't show up...
Ive been farming the 10 ap for a bit and its oddly profitable sometimes.

Just had a run where 4 petals, 2 silver medals and 5 bronze medals dropped.
Cicili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 02:58   Link #17975
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Eh.. Rank from the hardest for me:

1. Siegfried
2. Hassans
3. Herc
4. Shishou & Chu
5. Medb

"What? Siegfried should be 100k HP you know?"
Yeah, if I have plenty options for Ignore Defense DPS, I might say the same. Without Lare and others, my support Archer is 80% Gilgamesh.

"40 Hassans is not a challenge, 100 is!"
I'm going dual Waver with Paracelsus, no heal; skill and NP gain management for 40 turns is kinda tiring. I myself surprised I could succeeded after three times experimenting.

Herc? I'm just glad he keep attacking my tanker without need of taunt.
Shishou and Chu, I'm used encountering bosses like them, one should be killed at least together. Glad there's Gawain and sunny field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I just want a CE drop. I don't want it to be like Illya event which I got the drops the very last day.
Same here.
Old 2016-10-03, 03:26   Link #17976
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

A Gold Medal CE would be nice. I've gotten two extra of the Joint Recital CEs to drop (one farming for Petals and one versus Sieg), so I don't have to buy the last JR from the shop (via Gold Medals) if I don't want to, and picked up two Cali CEs and one ROMA CE from the gacha (the rate-up is real, because Nero and Caesar are the only Servants I've seen in it yet). Beyond the obvious Gold Medal farming (and FP gain) advantages, it would complete the set.

And if I convince myself enough times that I'm rolling for a CE, it might confuse the desire sensor and give me another Nero or even a Bride.
Old 2016-10-03, 05:07   Link #17977
MartianMage

Decided to LB my JR CE. It's on my Gilgamesh.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 05:09   Link #17978
larethian

Can't beat Medb with pure Mashu/silver team. I believe I might be able to beat it if I have maxed skills albeit still difficult and would still require some luck. The shortened cooldowns might have changed the tide a number of times. The difficulty lies in the attack buff stacks (on mooks not Medb since Medb doesn't attack unless she has NP) and instant charges on mooks and unpredictable charging of Medb's NP (very hard to time dodges/taunt).

Best result team:
Serenity (3 heroes from Journey to the West) @5/5/5
Hundred (LB'ed Bride) @4/4/4
Mashu (scope) @10/10/10
George (LB'ed Kirei +20% def) @9/6/6
Medea (Jeanne alter CE that charges your NP after dying) @7/7/4 (brought her to debuff attack stacks on Medb but maybe not necessary since she doesn't attack except NP which is sure die without dodge/invul unless one can stack Mashu's shields that many times miraculously so many turns into the fight after the debuff takes place)
Ushiwakamaru (Kintoki CE that gives 20 stars and 50% charge) @4/4/4

Best result:
Ushiwakamaru last to die with Medb@50k HPs and one caster mook@90k HPs.
2nd last to die was Hundred (which actually was an objective semi-achieved, Medb was supposed to die first but she didn't)
3rd last to die was Mashu (not a bad result but plan was to have her living alongside Ushi)
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-03, 06:42   Link #17979
Ryoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Can't beat Medb with pure Mashu/silver team. I believe I might be able to beat it if I have maxed skills albeit still difficult and would still require some luck. The shortened cooldowns might have changed the tide a number of times. The difficulty lies in the attack buff stacks (on mooks not Medb since Medb doesn't attack unless she has NP) and instant charges on mooks and unpredictable charging of Medb's NP (very hard to time dodges/taunt).

Best result team:
Serenity (3 heroes from Journey to the West) @5/5/5
Hundred (LB'ed Bride) @4/4/4
Mashu (scope) @10/10/10
George (LB'ed Kirei +20% def) @9/6/6
Medea (Jeanne alter CE that charges your NP after dying) @7/7/4 (brought her to debuff attack stacks on Medb but maybe not necessary since she doesn't attack except NP which is sure die without dodge/invul unless one can stack Mashu's shields that many times miraculously so many turns into the fight after the debuff takes place)
Ushiwakamaru (Kintoki CE that gives 20 stars and 50% charge) @4/4/4

Best result:
Ushiwakamaru last to die with Medb@50k HPs and one caster mook@90k HPs.
2nd last to die was Hundred (which actually was an objective semi-achieved, Medb was supposed to die first but she didn't)
3rd last to die was Mashu (not a bad result but plan was to have her living alongside Ushi)
Maybe you could mix it up with welfare servants? X-Mas Alter, Rider Kintoki, Summer Scath or Shiki?
Old 2016-10-03, 06:43   Link #17980
Klard
The cilvilain

Managed to beat Hassan map on alt with only Iris as caster along with Da Vinci support, Iris MVP

Tags
fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon