AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 27 19.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 18.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 20.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 21.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 9.93%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 9 6.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.71%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 3.55%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-02, 08:14   Link #161
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Liked the magic fight, a bit short but with good animation, Beato's seiyuu was really awesome this time too, liked Battler and Virgilia too
The sudden interruption of Ronove made me laugh, without the entire discussion of the epitaph was pretty confusing or poor, but well for me is enough that i saw all of this
The only thing that srely don't liked was when Beato got pierced by the spears and the strange blood came out of her mouth, that was really strange lol
Old 2009-10-02, 08:27   Link #162
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
The only problem I see with this is, what's the point of such an elaborate setting if the solution is so apparent? Unless the culprit is aware of the meta world, and he did all this only to trick metabattler this would be pointless.
Or Beato is just arranging her meta-logic around something that isn't even supposed to be a perfect closed room murder. Maybe she uses just the high probability, due to circumstances unknown to us and meta-battler, that murders will take place and arranges a logical net around those incidents.

As long as it is unknown who the murderer or what the motive is anyone could step in and state things, it should even be possible to state them in red as long as they don't contradict what happened.

If for example Shannon and Kanon really DID die by Genji's hand they can not have died in the individual rooms where they were put, which leaves the killer the oportunity to lock the room from the outside.
I think the locked room chain, considering what Beatrice or whoever, showed us regarding her battle with the furniture, creates more of a disadvantage for her than for us.
Old 2009-10-02, 08:33   Link #163
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Eh, but Beatrice can always say: "I revived them and then I killed them again!"

She's so unfair XD

Old 2009-10-02, 08:35   Link #164
MarthX

I don't believe Beatrice is in control of anything on the game board.

The culprit kills people a certain way. Beatrice has no control over this.

The culprit for some reason wants to make it look like the witch did it; Trying to make the crime look impossible without magic.

Beatrice simply takes credit for the culprit's murder and pretends that she's in control. How well everything is set up is dependent entirely on how well the culprit laid it out. All she can do is make the best of that situation and try to convince Battler that only she could do it.
Old 2009-10-02, 09:22   Link #165
Chrono Helix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega Lyra View Post
I want to know what the anime-only audience thinks of this episode. They do not know the maze of the VN, so they were the most blessed in watching this episode.

Beatrice's laugh was perfect in the Battler-dejection scene. Ahahahahaha. =)
I found the magic battle extremely cool, and I enjoyed the meta-battle (its similarity to a good Gyakuten Saiban courtroom scene really helped). Battler's reaction to the magic battle made me lol.

Why is it that this time they found more guns?
Old 2009-10-02, 09:24   Link #166
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well my guess is that there's always been four of them, it's just that the previous times Natsuhi and Rosa didn't want anyone except themselves to go around with a gun.

Old 2009-10-02, 09:24   Link #167
MarthX

Perhaps there's always been 4 all along and Natsuhi and Rosa decided to only keep one for themselves.

Suspicious.
Old 2009-10-02, 09:30   Link #168
Chrono Helix

I suppose it's because of all the other adults dying in the previous arcs.
Old 2009-10-02, 10:53   Link #169
Arbane the Terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
It is too easy of a joke now. She nearly uses it once in every anime she's in that allows for humor from her character.

She used it in the Touhou Anime and in Clannad After Story that I can recall off hand.
There's a Touhou anime?
Old 2009-10-02, 11:02   Link #170
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Now this is what I'm talking about...
Old 2009-10-02, 11:04   Link #171
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Late review~ As always...

Spoiler for Spoilerz:
Old 2009-10-02, 11:19   Link #172
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

For your third cons, the gold in the anime is accurate.
10 tons of gold in reality is a lot smaller than you think, if it is a wall of gold then it must be 1000 tons.
Old 2009-10-02, 11:21   Link #173
Raneh
Storyteller

Spoiler for opinions:
Old 2009-10-02, 12:56   Link #174
USCPharmacist

Actually, something about if a victim is kill or suicide or die in an accident are nothing but moot point when the boiler room has 2 doors and one cannot be locked. But how to kill everyone and move them all over the place without the adults noticing should be the focus. Do you really think is possible to move 6 adults all over the place without making enough noise? Also what is the murder weapon? It cannot be guns unless the parents are all deaf. So perhaps a crossbow? or a knife?

Then it dawned on me that Nanjo was with the kids and he had no alibi. He can just walked to each room and say, hey here some nice "coffee" for you I got from Genji for your hard work and stuffs, drug them and kill them. Then set up the lock room. Do it six time and PROFIT! In fact he can do it even if the boiler room has only one door, if we assume some of the adults were in on it. Remember, Kruass and Rudolph didn't use a key but they broke into Shannon's room. They can easily slip in the envelope and claim they found it. Remember also that Battler never witness any of these, he was told what happened by the adults. So if someone lied to him about the details he won't really find out unless he cross examine everyone.

But anyway, poor Kinzo, always died the most gruesome way, either burn to death or devoured by goats...hummm. He died the same way in EP1 and EP3, could it be that the same murderer is at work here? Yet he or she did not kill the parents, why? Also in EP2 all 7 parents were in one place and then slaughtered, yet this time they were not, why? I really don't think it was all base on chance so maybe there are a few group of murderers, and the different EP represents the result of who wins on the first night. 4 wives, 4 eps.....
Old 2009-10-02, 14:03   Link #175
Leinne
Who... am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist View Post
Actually, something about if a victim is kill or suicide or die in an accident are nothing but moot point when the boiler room has 2 doors and one cannot be locked. But how to kill everyone and move them all over the place without the adults noticing should be the focus. Do you really think is possible to move 6 adults all over the place without making enough noise? Also what is the murder weapon? It cannot be guns unless the parents are all deaf. So perhaps a crossbow? or a knife?
Then it dawned on me that Nanjo was with the kids and he had no alibi. He can just walked to each room and say, hey here some nice "coffee" for you I got from Genji for your hard work and stuffs, drug them and kill them. Then set up the lock room. Do it six time and PROFIT! In fact he can do it even if the boiler room has only one door, if we assume some of the adults were in on it. Remember, Kruass and Rudolph didn't use a key but they broke into Shannon's room. They can easily slip in the envelope and claim they found it. Remember also that Battler never witness any of these, he was told what happened by the adults. So if someone lied to him about the details he won't really find out unless he cross examine everyone.

But anyway, poor Kinzo, always died the most gruesome way, either burn to death or devoured by goats...hummm. He died the same way in EP1 and EP3, could it be that the same murderer is at work here? Yet he or she did not kill the parents, why? Also in EP2 all 7 parents were in one place and then slaughtered, yet this time they were not, why? I really don't think it was all base on chance so maybe there are a few group of murderers, and the different EP represents the result of who wins on the first night. 4 wives, 4 eps.....
For the killing weapon, in the TIPS section in this forum, it says the bodies were pierced with somnething like a spear or an icepik, so the most probable weapon is the one that fires the stakes, mute, but deathly. It's also not necessary to move the bodies if someone had ordered them to be at X room and wait till sonething, also the parents were just too focused on keeping their money. The only troubling would be Kinzo, but, as presented by Eva in ep1, throw his corpse out from the window and carry it to the boiler room, still don't give it too much thought

For the main culprit, you should think about it as in Higurashi, even if the scenarios differ and some unexpected person kills another one, the main killer is always the same. Every VN reader has always thought the focused MILF was highly suspicious, but is funnier if they earen't really the main culprit
Old 2009-10-02, 16:16   Link #176
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Episode was good, the battle between former and current Beatrice was good and entertaining. Even though it sounds that in the original VN the battle was much better.

So it seems that Battler is back to the fight with the help of Virgilia, it almost seems like she is his furniture.

Well it seems that Eva was able to find the gold thanks to the clue that she had of the river which was given to her by young Eva long time ago. Thanks to that she was able to find the gold at some secret basement in the house.
Old 2009-10-02, 16:31   Link #177
RikaNipah
*Artist

I really enjoyed this episode.. ^^
Although, I do find it kinda annoying when they always say 'flip the chessboard' or whatever.
Anyways, I wanna find out what Ronove wanted to tell Beato.
And I'm really liking Virgilia.
( I wanna see more of Bern and Lambdadelta though! )
Old 2009-10-02, 17:29   Link #178
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikaNipah View Post
I really enjoyed this episode.. ^^
Although, I do find it kinda annoying when they always say 'flip the chessboard' or whatever.
Anyways, I wanna find out what Ronove wanted to tell Beato.
And I'm really liking Virgilia.
( I wanna see more of Bern and Lambdadelta though! )
'Flip the chessboard' is a sort of catch phrase for Battler, who stole it from Kyrie (not that she uses it a lot herself since she dies so quickly all the time ) so expect to hear it a lot.
Old 2009-10-02, 17:44   Link #179
GuruSharky
The Muffin Man

Location: The magical land of Sugar Dust and Fairy Droppings.
Great episode, I'm curious to see where it will go from there.
Old 2009-10-02, 21:48   Link #180
gigaloki
The Silent Ninja Perv

Send a message via Yahoo to gigaloki
its gettin hot in here~ xD amuses me to the max

YURINESS

NeverGiveUpPH
Closed Thread