AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-06-06, 15:18   Link #161
prenet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Bee looks like a midget in the flashback rather than a kid.
agree with this opinion, but even he look lie a midget, still he beat other contestant
prenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 19:03   Link #162
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
A plan implies a method,it implies to think of doing something beforehand. What you're saying is that Naruto has faith (he has faith on the fact people had faith in him, you can't go more circular than that). To have faith is not a plan, it's what I described : making things up as he go along before Fate bail him out and everything work out in the end.
Man, what happened to willing suspension of belief?

Isn't standard shounen hero M.O. to rush into battle with no real plan against enemies they know almost nothing about despite other stick-in-the-mud chracters explaining that they're only making things worse? Even if Naruto had a plan, it'd fail just to make things more dramatic and he'd end up making up something anyways.

I don't believe Naruto feels fate/prophecy makes it impossible for him to lose either. He just feels that he will win (I know that sounds like the same thing but I think there's a distinct difference ) prophecy or not. That's also a pretty standard thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
First of all, Naruto and Kirabi must defeat or persuade A.
Seems they're already half way there when it comes persuading the Raikage. Bee already calmed him down with his bro fist and I wouldn't be surprised if the flashback involved Bee reminding A he was once a rebellious spirit like Naruto, who broke the rules for a cause or something like that.

At worst, I can see Raikage being seriously moved but still unconvinced in which case, there'll be an interruption. Either Shikaku contacting them or an enemy attacks.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 22:25   Link #163
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

To suspend my disbelief I'd like to have something not to believe in, as I said I would be fine if Naruto had at least a ridiculous plan I could willingly choose to ignore!
You see, you told Ulquiorra a few days ago how he thought that Naruto was completely idiotic and incompetent. My problem is actually the opposite : I think it would be fine if Naruto was supposed to be an incompetent morron who just so happened to be also super strong and incredibly lucky.
But Naruto was this character at the beginning of part 1, not anymore.

Naruto as some kind of irresponsible captain Tylor (well except there would be no doubt as to whether he is an idiot or a genius) accidently stumbling on the right path as he's cluelessly kicking ass would be just fine.
But while that's still the way he acts, it goes in the other hand completely against his characterization in part 2 and it's this dichotomy that makes Naruto so annoying to me.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 23:19   Link #164
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

^
Ah, I think I kinda get it now. Seems like you still find Naruto's actions really stupid and simple, but think his characterization is treated as that of a more straight-up serious hero.

That's fair. It makes sense. A lot of people probably miss underdog, bumbling Naruto. The new Naruto has grown, but I can see he hasn't really shown the maturity for readers to take him as seriously as the mangaka wants them to.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 01:57   Link #165
james0246

Chapter 542 Discussion has been opened, please move relevant discussions to the new thread.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion