Notices

Old 2011-01-10, 15:15   Link #161
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I'll hold you to that.
Well, if the adaptation doesn't do a very good job and you want to drop it (let's hope not), I recommend you to at least try to continue a bit from the manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Sometimes it does seem like every shounen manga adaptation comes with the disclaimer, "The best stuff doesn't come for 50 episodes!". Maybe it's endemic to the genre?
Ahaha, yeah, it often is the case isn't it? I remember that for those who wants to start reading/watching one piece, the veterans advise them to try and stick it out until the Arlong Arc...which is almost 10 volumes in length. Well, to be fair I think Beelzebub finds it groove earlier than that, around the time when Aoi appears I think - which shouldn't be too long, unless the fillers are just too much.
Old 2011-01-10, 15:48   Link #162
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

btw, how many episodes is this series planned for? I hope its not 12/13... that's not nearly enough episodes... It'll be just enough to get through the first "arc"
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 16:19   Link #163
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Let's face it the quality in Naruto varies greatly at times between great and absolutely horrible. Forget a few years ago, that part hasn't changed.
It has changed in the fact that the good looking episodes are more and better compared to 3 years ago, and the absolutely horrible episodes have basically disappeared. Of course the quality is still not consistent from episode to episode, there are still mediocre episodes mixed with the good looking episodes. But that's the case with every other series out there, except the very few series that are consistently good looking and the numerous series that are consistently bad looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Meh... it wasn't that funny. I expected more, what with everyone raving about it.
The series could use more style and less shounen cliches, but I thought some of the gags were pretty funny. Also, the expression that the baby has on his face all the time is enough to make this series the funnier of the season :P
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 17:23   Link #164
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
btw, how many episodes is this series planned for? I hope its not 12/13... that's not nearly enough episodes... It'll be just enough to get through the first "arc"
I think I've read somewhere that this will be closer to other long-running shonen adaptation, like 50+ episodes or so...which means we should be prepared for tons of fillers, but at least it will be enough to get through the first arc and many more.
Old 2011-01-10, 17:51   Link #165
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Certainly wouldn't hurt to toss some clothes onto the baby, but suppose that's how they are just going to handle it. From my point of view it's a bit odd, but whatever. Long as we get some laughs and a solid series I'm not going to make a big deal out of that.
Let's face it the quality in Naruto varies greatly at times between great and absolutely horrible. Forget a few years ago, that part hasn't changed.
^ Exactly. Pierrot is just inconsistent.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 18:53   Link #166
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

This show has some good gags in it, but way too many other gags that were not really that interesting. But I do agree that the baby's expression was funny especially with our delinquent male lead putting on scary faces that can make him laugh when nothing else your average baby would like din't affect him. Well he is the Demon Lord's baby after all.
Old 2011-01-10, 20:11   Link #167
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
I think I've read somewhere that this will be closer to other long-running shonen adaptation, like 50+ episodes or so...which means we should be prepared for tons of fillers, but at least it will be enough to get through the first arc and many more.
Oh really? If this is true, than happy days. 50+ episodes of Aoi-chan
Old 2011-01-10, 21:03   Link #168
chaos_animagic

Cause Beelzebub is awesome... it's as popular as Fairy Tail.

Meh, the gags are all from the manga... it seems the anime is going to be similar to how One Piece is ran...
Because the first episode is the first chapter, and it follows word by word.
And the next episode is going to be the second and maybe some third chapter.
With Beelzebub having more than 90 chapters currently... and on-going.

I can best say that the anime can run for a long while, if it doesn't get dropped... which most likely won't.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 21:11   Link #169
Berlin

I couldn't even make it past the first 15min of this show. Big thumbs down. For what I did watch it seemed to be funny but the overall story is kinda lame to me. Can someone give me a good reason to watch it?
Berlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 21:16   Link #170
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Um, having fun?

Relax and laugh a little?

I think it's hilarious that you people are complaining about what's basically the letter 'u' being used as baby genitalia.

Frankly put I think they've done a great job with the first episode. All the voice actors fit well, everything came to life when animated (gags and the like), and baby Beel is genuinely adorable; his voice fits him perfectly.

I (personally) really loved the early portion of Beezlebub before it went all shonen and what not (I like that as well mind you), so I look forward to the rest being animated. Ironically I do not see the actual shonen stuff working well later on, but we'll see.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 23:34   Link #171
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin View Post
I couldn't even make it past the first 15min of this show. Big thumbs down. For what I did watch it seemed to be funny but the overall story is kinda lame to me. Can someone give me a good reason to watch it?
Didn't anyone ever told you that you should at least give a show 3 - 5 episodes max before passing judgment?
Old 2011-01-11, 05:55   Link #172
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Do you even know much of the story from the first episode? Watch a few more episodes and find out.
Old 2011-01-11, 06:16   Link #173
Seiryuu

Quote:
Didn't anyone ever told you that you should at least give a show 3 - 5 episodes max before passing judgment?
That's my general policy. Still, it's a little hard to watch after a guy tries to get a baby to let go of his friend by grabbing the baby's #$@%!
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 09:11   Link #174
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Oh really? If this is true, than happy days. 50+ episodes of Hilda-chan
Fix fix fix fix fer ya

Quote:
I give you 2
1) Hilda
2) Aoi.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 09:13   Link #175
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
it seems the anime is going to be similar to how One Piece is ran...
I'd say it's more like Gintama, slapstick humour all around and a bit of plot in the middle.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 10:40   Link #176
larethian

One Piece??? No way! One Piece is way above. It's a mainstream battle + gag. To me, Beel is average right from the start, and only gets slightly better and more interesting after a year, but still just slightly above average imo. I much prefer Toriko for interesting world and maybe Nura as well for more interesting action. Toriko will be similar to One Piece, with respect to its draw for me (creativity and interesting world). All these 3 started serializing around the same time, at least within a year of one another. a year may sound like a lot, but it's not really considering serialization frequencies and lifespans of new series. I'm watching for Hilda and Aoi just like what KiNA said. I've always enjoy listening to Itou Shizuka's voice and it will be interesting to see how far Toyosaki Aki can go with her range.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 12:19   Link #177
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I'd say it's more like Gintama, slapstick humour all around and a bit of plot in the middle.
A good comparison, indeed Furuichi is clearly the tsukkomi or the Shinpachi if you will of this series.

Anyway okay first episode, will probably watch it till Gintama starts again.

Also is it sad that I recognized the baby's seiyuu even though he hasn't said anything in this episode?
Old 2011-01-11, 13:07   Link #178
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Also is it sad that I recognized the baby's seiyuu even though he hasn't said anything in this episode?
Not really. Sawashiro Miyuki has one of those voices you could regonize anyway.
Old 2011-01-11, 17:21   Link #179
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Fix fix fix fix fer ya

I give you 2
1) Hilda
2) Aoi.
*gasp!* *smack!* Aoi-chan dammit! XD
Old 2011-01-11, 23:24   Link #180
LKK

There was a whole lot of yelling in that first episode. So much so that even if the dialogue had been in English, I probably would have needed subtitles to understand everything that was said. I hope the actors calm down some in future episodes. Having said that, you're probably wondering, "Is that what she's going to complain about?!" Well, yes, it pretty much is my big complaint. Which you interpret as meaning that on the whole I liked the episode.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2011-01-11 at 23:25. Reason: rewording
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen