AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2022-08-15, 16:44   Link #161
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
From HG Gundam Lfrith. Took these descriptions from the English section. Japanese text at a glance seems identical.

Quote:
- GUND FORMAT is based on body function expansion technology based on artificial limb welfare engineering. Collectively mobile suits that use GUND FORMAT mobile suits and cross disciplinary fighting abilities are called GUND-ARMs and eventually people kept referring them as GUNDAMs.

- The remote control swarm system is called GUND-BIT. The shield is called Compo GUND-BIT Shield.

- The individual bits are called Bit Staves when separated from the shield. They can perform three dimensional offensive and defensive maneuvers. Equiped with thrust vectoring nozzles, posture control thrusters and beam cannons.

- They can be attached to the backpack (Bit On Form) for improved maneuverability, acceleration and braking unseen in any mobile suits with any posture.

- The main weapon called Receiver Rifle rapid fires beams and can generate a Beam Blade (Blade On). The Bit Staves can attach to the front and back of the rifle to make it into the GUND-BIT Rifle which unlocks high output beam firing mechanism.

- Beam Sabers are standard close combat equipment for mobile suits.
Old 2022-08-22, 07:05   Link #162
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

You guys seem to have already watched it but the Prologue will come to Gundaminfo on September 1st.

https://en.gundam.info/about-gundam/series-pages/witch/
Old 2022-08-23, 11:27   Link #163
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
You guys seem to have already watched it but the Prologue will come to Gundaminfo on September 1st.

The version I watched seemed to be censored. Hopefully this is the full version.
Old 2022-08-24, 03:25   Link #164
neowind

Quote:

Looking forward to checking it out xD.

Also will premier at a con here too. from what I read
Old 2022-08-31, 10:28   Link #165
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

So there really are a couple of uncensored blood here.
Old 2022-08-31, 12:37   Link #166
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Hmm ...

Not sure if I'm excited for this one.
It got similar feeling to IBO which lead to me half-heartedly following it by second half of first season, so I'll keep my expectation low.

I take it they didn't want to reveal their hands early in prologue, unfortunately it left impression of unpolished storytelling.
Somehow part of it made me wish we could get something like G Gundam again, at least Wing perhaps, super robot that allow unusual villains and weaponry.

Old 2022-08-31, 14:57   Link #167
Twi

Well, they got that tragic backstory out of the way in a hurry. It's one thing to seize stuff, but they straight-up started slaughtering people and then claimed ethics as the reason for it. That's all kinds of messed up... So exactly what you'd expect for the antagonistic Gundam faction.

I was also getting IBO flashbacks to children killing people again and connecting with the machines via implant.

Here's hoping it sticks the landing.
Old 2022-08-31, 17:42   Link #168
Frontier

So if I'm understanding the setting right, the main conflict is between Earth and Space, with Earth using the GUND system of artificial limbs and systems to help humans adapt into space which was eventually being adapted into Mobile Suits (making people more closely connected to said Mobile Suits) but Space (and specifically other Mobile Suit developers) thought they were getting too big for their britches and finally decided to take them out of the game completely?

Mamiko Noto as a Gundam mom! In her youth she looks like the spitting image of what Eri is going to look like as Suletta .

I'm glad Eri had such happy and loving parents, even if it ended so tragically. I mean, that in and of itself is still kind of a rarity among Gundam protagonists .

Is the Lfrith going to be upgraded into the Aerial or is it basically just going to be cosmetically changed to the Aerial to throw off suspicion? Particularly given Eri was bonded to the Lfrith ?

I mean, Delling probably has a point about the human cost of the GUND system, even if they didn't intend for it to originally be grafted onto Mobile Suit development, but that's no excuse for a wholesale slaughter .

Is that Beguir-Beu pilot going to be the Char of the show? He seems like an Ace, he pulled off a Mobile Suit kick, and is responsible for the death of Eri/Suletta's father. Not to mention his arrogance towards Gundam's. I can very easily see him as a heated rival, if nothing else .

Although how do you even fight MS's that can shut down GUND systems like that? Pure piloting skills ?

Wow, three kills in your first sortie and she's only four years old! That's a new record! Although the look on her mothers' face when she realized her daughter was bonded to the Gundam and that she had to turn her into a killer was heartbreaking .

Funnels in the base Gundam? And they also form the shield? Nice .

Oof...Eri's dad. Going out telling your wife and child how much you love them and saving them in the end. He was a real one. And having the enemy hear him sing his daughter a Happy Birthday as he sacrificed himself and showing them exactly what they did

So what is next for Eri? Obviously she changes her name, pilots the Aerial, enrolls in that MS school (if I remember the setting right). Is she out for revenge? Is she trying to live a life incognito even though she has the only known Gundam and GUND system left and the only person who can master said system? Does she remember or understand anything of what happened to her? How did her mother raise her ?
Old 2022-08-31, 20:33   Link #169
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
I take it they didn't want to reveal their hands early in prologue, unfortunately it left impression of unpolished storytelling.
Somehow part of it made me wish we could get something like G Gundam again, at least Wing perhaps, super robot that allow unusual villains and weaponry.

Heelll naawww!

Wing's writing was trashfire. It's bad enough that I had to suffer through Destiny, AGE & Divers afterwards. A repeat of Wing storytelling will just be nightmare.
Old 2022-08-31, 20:56   Link #170
Frontier

I was just planning to re-watch Wing .
Old 2022-08-31, 21:16   Link #171
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Just watch the abridged version on YT. It makes more sense and more hilarious than the show itself........(oh shit, the channel got deleted for copyrights that sucks).

Forget it. Just watch Endless Waltz blu-ray version, bask in the superb animation and call it a day. It's better that way for your sanity.
Old 2022-08-31, 21:49   Link #172
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Hmm ...

Not sure if I'm excited for this one.
It got similar feeling to IBO which lead to me half-heartedly following it by second half of first season, so I'll keep my expectation low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Heelll naawww!

Wing's writing was trashfire. It's bad enough that I had to suffer through Destiny, AGE & Divers afterwards. A repeat of Wing storytelling will just be nightmare.
Closest thing he will get to Wing’s concept would be 00….

Anyway….. As someone who enjoyed IBO and didn’t mind the ending…. I’m looking forward to this series. The prologue has it showing promise.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-31, 22:26   Link #173
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Well, they got that tragic backstory out of the way in a hurry. It's one thing to seize stuff, but they straight-up started slaughtering people and then claimed ethics as the reason for it. That's all kinds of messed up... So exactly what you'd expect for the antagonistic Gundam faction.

I was also getting IBO flashbacks to children killing people again and connecting with the machines via implant.
Seems good to set expectation of it as "IBO but with high-school student and female MC".

Definitely with some of Okuchi turn of events. Eri kill-count moment is more or less Lelouch unconsciously kill Brittania soldiers with his new power 'revisited' for shock value, while Delling speech promoting 'GUND is curse' while he's doing the opposite behind the stage, is similar to Charles speech. I found Cardo mentioned about, 'what human missed' when she took gun kind of awkward without context, so maybe GUND will be something like Valvrave system for their Newtype expy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Heelll naawww!

Quote:
Its not the best Gundam storytelling but enjoyable with, "In 90's they're thinking of edgelord assassin MC wearing tanktop for Gundam pilot", something incomprehensible compare to Gundam MC nowadays I learned to understand why Midorikawa Hikaru in one of his interview mentioned Heero contribute a lot to his performance as chuuni characters, and he loves it.

Too bad GundamInfo seems to didn't have Endless Waltz in HD after the series uploaded, Wing Zero Custom initial launch and how it put into 'end of service' state is beautiful.
Old 2022-09-01, 06:56   Link #174
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Is that Beguir-Beu pilot going to be the Char of the show? He seems like an Ace, he pulled off a Mobile Suit kick, and is responsible for the death of Eri/Suletta's father. Not to mention his arrogance towards Gundam's. I can very easily see him as a heated rival, if nothing else .
I've already said it before, but Eri/Suletta is the CHAR. We don't know what her motives are for sure, but I don't think she would enroll in the school under a different identity just for fun. And I'd welcome a revenge plot.

That guy didn't really impress me. It's easy to win when you can just shut down the enemy MS. If anything he'd be the Jerid.
Old 2022-09-01, 11:59   Link #175
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

I enjoyed the prologue quite a lot. Perhaps a bit short and a bit too packed with trying to introduce all the characters and plots and cuteness and sadness all in 20ish minutes, but I forgive it for being a prologue. It got me interested in seeing what's next.

Quote:
And I'd welcome a revenge plot.
Yeah! I'd love it if they go that direction!
Old 2022-09-01, 13:08   Link #176
Frontier

Quote:
I've already said it before, but Eri/Suletta is the CHAR. We don't know what her motives are for sure, but I don't think she would enroll in the school under a different identity just for fun. And I'd welcome a revenge plot.

That guy didn't really impress me. It's easy to win when you can just shut down the enemy MS. If anything he'd be the Jerid.
I've seen some comparisons to the Count of Monte Cristo...
Old 2022-09-02, 03:39   Link #177
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
I've seen some comparisons to the Count of Monte Cristo...
I'd be totally down for a Gundam Count of Monte Cristo!
Old 2022-09-02, 08:20   Link #178
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The original Gundam already borrowed heavily from Monte Cristo with Char. Which is not surprising since The Count of Monte Cristo is pretty much the quintessential revenge story. It's a classic among classics.

It will all depend on how Eri's mother raised her, since 4 is too young for her to remember. She seemed like a good person who would want her daughter to lead a peaceful life, but losing absolutely everything can make anyone change.

It's possible Suletta will start off as a normal girl who will learn over the course of the series who she truly is and how much she's been wronged and this is what will set her on the path to revenge. Anyway, I'd be shocked if revenge isn't part of this show.
Old 2022-09-02, 12:33   Link #179
Frontier

Quote:
The original Gundam already borrowed heavily from Monte Cristo with Char. Which is not surprising since The Count of Monte Cristo is pretty much the quintessential revenge story. It's a classic among classics.

It will all depend on how Eri's mother raised her, since 4 is too young for her to remember. She seemed like a good person who would want her daughter to lead a peaceful life, but losing absolutely everything can make anyone change.

It's possible Suletta will start off as a normal girl who will learn over the course of the series who she truly is and how much she's been wronged and this is what will set her on the path to revenge. Anyway, I'd be shocked if revenge isn't part of this show.
Given the look on her face when she realized her daughter just killed three people...I don't know if she would want to raise her into, basically, a weapon. But you never know.

I wonder if there's some kind of political force on Earth that is trying to upstage the Mobile Suit corporations and their chokehold of space, and someone who might want to use Suletta and her Gundam to take them on? Because I don't see her doing it on her own.
Old 2022-09-03, 04:06   Link #180
ryllharu

Quote:
From the character/cast list, we do know that Lynn is playing Miorine Rembran, who is Delling Rembran's only daughter and "an attitude of rebelliousness towards him." Torn loyalties and emotional betrayals at the school are a certainty.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote