AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

View Poll Results: Rate the series (final rating)
Perfect 10 54 17.14%
9 out of 10 64 20.32%
8 out of 10 101 32.06%
7 out of 10 54 17.14%
6 out of 10 17 5.40%
5 out of 10 11 3.49%
4 out of 10 8 2.54%
3 out of 10 3 0.95%
2 out of 10 1 0.32%
1 out of 10 2 0.63%
Voters: 315. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-02-11, 21:46   Link #161
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
I'm sure many people will agree that it was one of the (if not the best) part of the last episode.
Such a well done scene. :3
It was that well done, that it easily makes a place in my top 05 scenes of the series.
Old 2007-02-12, 00:15   Link #162
Shortysdohdoh
外人

Send a message via Yahoo to Shortysdohdoh
I haven't found a website to get the game, yet - i rated the Anime 8/10

The animation was pretty satisfying to me, except it could have been more detailed like some other anime's i've seen.

Sounded good to me, actually there's this techno sounding song i heard while watching it. I'm still trying to go back and find it.

I thought it was a funny, and interesting story. Really with the nudity it made it that much more fun to watch. I liked Rin's character a lot, him being conservative. It takes a man to resist temptation like that though. I would have folded the first time Asa shoved my face between her legs, like in episode 2.

so you can assume, that i liked Asa the most. I was rooting for her the whole time. except half way through i came to the conclusion that they didn't show her enough, so i thought Rin wouldn't pick her. In the end though, he did so i was happy.

The ending though? Rin cutting himself was.... kind of a daring way to go i thought. seemed to turn out O.K. i guess, though it could have been totally different and a lot better. But what the f--- did they do to Asa's hair!?.... that REALLY turned me off.

Primula was probably the cutest anime girl i've ever seen animated.

all in all, it wasn't my favorite. but still, saying it was good is an understatement. Fate/Stay Night still rates higher in my book.

BONUS Points: the amount of hentai pictures and drawings available ^_^ hentai stuffs is always better with anime characters i already like

edit: I must agree with Skyfall and Riker, the last part with Ama walking by the 2 Kings was very nice indeed, I almost wish there would have been conversation. Short and sweet was very fitting also though. It was clear that the 2 kings knew it was her, and she realized it.

Last edited by Shortysdohdoh; 2007-02-12 at 00:31.
Shortysdohdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 00:45   Link #163
Shortysdohdoh
外人

My fellow peers, please excuse the double post, but this is an urgent matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post

- Sia getting rejected for no apparent reason (besides for progressing the story) - Sia x Rin seemed to tick very well at that point.

- amount of crack the writers (or game developers if you want to nitpick) used when they came up with Asa's reasoning behind her unwillingness to use magic. *insert head banging against keyboard... several times*

- introducing polygamy as a viable option and not taking it!!! *cough*
1. Sia turned out to be a fricken Schizo lol, who cares she was rejected. would YOU date a schizo? I wouldn't, i don't care how beautiful she is.

2. rofl, couldn't have said it better. I don't know wtf she kept talking about. it was a life or death situation and she kept justifying it with some cheesy ish i really didn't understand.

3. if they used the polygamy option, then they'd have to make more episodes featuring each different girl more. eventually it would run on, and get old and fans would die. also they wouldn't have been able to create the game because every possible ending would have been done.

i personally am glad they didn't use polygamy. but the thought of it was fun added to the episodes they did create.
Old 2007-02-12, 01:05   Link #164
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Item 1, If you think about it, every character in the story was some kind of psychotic basketcase.... so by that criteria, none of them should have been picked (even Rin was delusional or sociopathic depending on how you interpret his treatment of women).
Item 2 makes me wonder why you're happy because if its a poorly written story... its a poorly written story.
Item 3 makes no sense - the anime is based on the software game. Also there's no reason a "polygamy" option would have required more episodes - they had plenty of time budget.

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-02-12 at 12:03.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 04:03   Link #165
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortysdohdoh View Post
2. rofl, couldn't have said it better. I don't know wtf she kept talking about. it was a life or death situation and she kept justifying it with some cheesy ish i really didn't understand.
It was was for her mothers sake, what's so hard to understand?
Asa didn't want her mom to cry again so Asa refuses to use magic and accepts that she gets weaker everyday until she finally dies.
She would rather die than to become a magical girl! It totally makes sense! Didn't you know magic and witchcraft is evil?
A Harry Potter and warlocks are evil TOO!
My mom said so!

I mean it's BRILLIANT! Asa is no psycho!!!! As long as Asa denies she's a mahou shoujo who needs to cast a spell once in a while, it'll be fine! As long as she denies, it makes things true! It's not psychotic at all! She's not a mahou shoujo, she doesn't need to cast a few spell once in a while at all... amIright?
A weekly trip to the hospital is FINE TOO!
A final trip to the graveyard is FINE TOO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
I liked the ending.

Because I never liked Kaede. And the two princesses loved him as a small child.
Quote:
half way through i came to the conclusion that they didn't show her enough, so i thought Rin wouldn't pick her. In the end though, he did so i was happy.
I sooooooo agree with you guys ^_^
Our feelings are like....one and united. As long as our girls win, the ending/story must be good! It doesn't matter how braindead they become, as long as they win, everything is good.
Arimfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 05:08   Link #166
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arimfe View Post
Our feelings are like....one and united. As long as our girls win, the ending/story must be good! It doesn't matter how braindead they become, as long as they win, everything is good.
That's what I thought! OMG what a coincidence!
Quote:
also they wouldn't have been able to create the game because every possible ending would have been done.
The Shuffle! anime is an adaptation of the Shuffle! game.

I'll ignore the rest of your post due to the fact I can't take it seriously.
Maxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 12:04   Link #167
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

@Arimfe..... ohhhh, stop it. You're such a card
Old 2007-02-12, 13:19   Link #168
Shortysdohdoh
外人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Item 1, If you think about it, every character in the story was some kind of psychotic basketcase.... so by that criteria, none of them should have been picked (even Rin was delusional or sociopathic depending on how you interpret his treatment of women).
Item 2 makes me wonder why you're happy because if its a poorly written story... its a poorly written story.
Item 3 makes no sense - the anime is based on the software game. Also there's no reason a "polygamy" option would have required more episodes - they had plenty of time budget.
I agree that a lot of them had issues, but Rin? I don't see what you mean.

Just because a story has a couple hiccups doesn't make the whole thing a poorly written story.

About the Game/Anime thing, i'm inserting foot to mouth now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arimfe View Post
It was was for her mothers sake, what's so hard to understand?
Asa didn't want her mom to cry again so Asa refuses to use magic and accepts that she gets weaker everyday until she finally dies.
She would rather die than to become a magical girl! It totally makes sense! Didn't you know magic and witchcraft is evil?
A Harry Potter and warlocks are evil TOO!
My mom said so!

I mean it's BRILLIANT! Asa is no psycho!!!! As long as Asa denies she's a mahou shoujo who needs to cast a spell once in a while, it'll be fine! As long as she denies, it makes things true! It's not psychotic at all! She's not a mahou shoujo, she doesn't need to cast a few spell once in a while at all... amIright?
A weekly trip to the hospital is FINE TOO!
A final trip to the graveyard is FINE TOO!
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxon View Post

The Shuffle! anime is an adaptation of the Shuffle! game.

I'll ignore the rest of your post due to the fact I can't take it seriously.

Yeah I got that already.

Last edited by Shortysdohdoh; 2007-02-12 at 13:31.
Old 2007-02-12, 15:54   Link #169
TigerII
Pilot in Training

But the true reason i liked Asa the best is...I like the color green...ha.

I iimmediately liked her because of her green hair. Had another girl had the green, I would have wanted them to get Rin. I am a shallow, shallow person.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 17:25   Link #170
DanielSong39

As for those who can't see Rin's delusional or sociopathic tendancies...

You might want to check out Rin's boxcutter moment?
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 01:30   Link #171
shinn_asagiri
HEY MAN!!!

ill give it a 9

if it weren't for the ending it could've been 10
shinn_asagiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 04:52   Link #172
luvmelodrama

8 out of 10

i would've given a higher score if the first half of the series didn't drag as it did. the ending was the best part, completely took me by surprise. and esp that slitting of the wrist deal.. that was a shocker.

(i hope everyone who comes to this thread already saw the entire series, otherwise i spoiled a bit for some perhaps.. sorry!)
Old 2007-02-27, 05:01   Link #173
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

meh.... spoilers should be expected in a poll about the overall series... don't worry. Welcome to the forum for animesuki and please take some time to read the policies and how to spoil tag.
Old 2007-03-13, 14:15   Link #174
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears

Send a message via AIM to Meiaminkbell
So as it would appear I am late to replying on this. I had a long-ass post thought up but I'll simplify it for the betterment of you readers, and for the fact that it is fucking GORGEOUS outside and I want to go for a run before work today.

*throws cat off lap*

I know its about 2 weeks old but bare with me. *casts Life 3 on the thread*

So I had some time between classes to read half of this thread, and I realized that...wow how did I miss all this?!

Did reading this thread change my opinion of Shuffle? Not by a great deal. It did point out irregularities and important issues that I ddn't come to notice when I watched it.

Anyways, my personal opinion gives it an 8/10. However, from a more realistic view and from analyzing and comparing Shuffle to other anime's I've seen it's closer to a 6.5/7

I love harem animes. Shit, Tenchi Muyo was the show that got me started into anime itself. (Nice story behind that one, but that's for another time). I realize that harem's provide an unrealistic view of relationships and love in general, but if I want realism I'll watch the news, which you'll NEVER see me doing. I like the crazy over-the-top antics of harem anime, the rivalry of the girls competeing for one man, whether he deserves it or not, and as a purveyor of romantic comedies harem animes usually take the cake. Shuffle is one of the most brilliant and well done harem anime's that I've seen.

Now on to the realistic scale. I won't lie, I am not hard to please humorly and Shuffle! did me good humor-wise (could have been more Mayumi and Itsuki comedy). I still laugh whenever Kareha goes off on a delusional tangent and I don't get tired of the many breast attacks on poor Rin.

I realize people complain about the first half of the show (and the last half), and I can't really say I liked one more than the rest, suffice it to say they both had heir flaws. The first half was a typical harem-esque anime, introduction of all the girls as their desire to be with Rin. The second half delved deep into an underlying storyline that it is fairly uncommon in most harem animes and even rarely done well. Was Shuffle's? I thought it was alright, but after reading this thread I realized that it did need some *cough* tweaking. Case in point, probably the most frustrating aspect of the show was, as previously mentioned, when Asa refused to use her powers. I can tell the writers earnestly tried to make it seem realistic, but even I was saying out loud "Wouldn't it make your mom cry more if you died?"

The Kaede arc I had no problem with. Being borderline psychotic actually made the sweet and loveable girl seem more realistic, alibi in a very extreme sense. People always say hor cruel he was to her, and in theory I guess you could say he was. But Rin also did have a life of his own, and possibly the only real fault I saw in im during this arc was that he did not commit to helping Kaede sooner. The conclusion was inevitable, she was going to be hurt, bad. Her past psychosis was bound to kick in once Rin knew he was in lvoe with Asa and when Kaede found out. I had mroe of an arguement on this point, but I'm distracted right now.

The Asa arc, looking back on it, was not done well AT ALL. Rin cutting his wrists to save Asa, admitedly, was one of the high points of the last 4 episodes, the other one being, as previously mentioned, was the encounter with the Kings and Ama. I didn't have much problem with the animation, but I'm not that picky when it coems to situation like that. As far as Rin choosing Asa goes, I'm just going to quote myself from an original post.

Quote:
It could be argued who is more "suited" for Rin, obviously no one is more devoted to him than Kaede. Truth of the matter is that Rin loves Asa, no matter how "suited" Kaede is for him. Out of the all the girls he felt the closest to Asa emotionally and in relation to real-life POV's, this is the most acceptable. Think about it, two girls that come out of nowhere and automatically declare their love and future engagement to you would make one a bit jumpy at least and not something one can just jump into. And Kaede, in Rin's view, is more of a litte sister than she is anything else, possibly even taht of a mother-figure. She took care of him, watched over him, developed a relationship with Rin that would make any romantic interest with her very awkward in his mind. Asa, however, is a friend that he's known for a couple years. He's gotten to know personal aspects about her while at the same time maintaining a moderate level of distance from her that makes her desireable and attractive at the same time. How rare it is that the main character in a harem anime falls in love with someone that could actually be considered the ideal choice in real life.
The only other arguement, that I can think of (I had more, really! but im tired and distracted ), is how easily they blew off Sia and Nerine to make room for Asa. Again, this has been pointed out in previous post but I feel it needs rementioning. I've been a member of RRR since I first saw her, I have a slight obsession with elefin traits, and out of all the girls she disappointed me the most (I mean what the producers did with her), but I fcan understand, somewhat, what they were getting behind. Out of all the girls (aside from Primula) she was the one who didn't exactly have a "past" with her. She only knew him through Lycrosis and thus was more than likely conflicted about her true feelings for him. Ad of course, being the observant one that she is she understood firsthand that, as much as she thought she loved him (and did), she wasn't ready to be the woman for him. Still, she deserved a lot bigger part than she did, at the least more screentime but that's my bias'd opinion. I felt awful for Sia, getting so close to Rin only to have everything miracously do a 180 on her. At least I'm glad that she and Kikyo made up, so to speak.

I had more to rant/compliment about but for the life of me I lost it. So to end, I ahve a question.

I've been doing some research for a project of mine, and being unable to read hirigana/katakana I've been having some trouble trying to fgure out the ages of Sage and Cineraria. It would be awesome if I could get Nerine's and Sia's ages as well, but I can deduce they are, at least 16 years old considering the game background and their own with Rin. So if anyone knows Sage and Cineraria's ages that would be awesome.
Meiaminkbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 03:24   Link #175
Tiran86

I just finished this for the first time tonight. I'd give it an 8.5/10, voted 8 instead of 9, since I don't quite consider it a great anime. I liked the Asa/Rin pairing a lot and I was glad she won.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 15:26   Link #176
kamuinoyume
OMAE WO SHINJIRU!

For me it has to be 8 cause there were some episodes that were rather boring, I like the Kaede going all berserk in the end and the fact that she got over it, and I like the RinXAsa paring so I kind of liked the ending though it let's me wonder if he had chosen Nerine would they have made a "Really? Really?" Anime?
Old 2008-10-23, 15:40   Link #177
leo786
El Nino

I'm giving it 5/10. I just didn't like it at all. It's just a typical harem and the episodes were boring, the story had a really stretched real plot. I droped it at episode 9. I can't take 24 or so episodes of it.
leo786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 17:04   Link #178
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

You missed the fun. Pick it up on 19
Old 2008-10-23, 19:52   Link #179
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo786 View Post
I'm giving it 5/10. I just didn't like it at all. It's just a typical harem and the episodes were boring, the story had a really stretched real plot. I droped it at episode 9. I can't take 24 or so episodes of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
You missed the fun. Pick it up on 19
I suggest watching it again from where you dropped it, only then will you find true happiness in watching ep.19 and onwards

the fun starts there, like npal said
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 14:07   Link #180
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

the first half of the series is rather typical with the twich that we have interracial ... its the latter half that sets it apart from the masses
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote