AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2016-05-17, 21:05   Link #161
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

Long time Gundam fan here, but the Unicorn is the first UC calendar series I've really watched. So this next question might sound stupid, but please bear with me -

In a fight between the Nu Gundam and Unicorn, who would come out on top (assuming that they are both in peek condition)? Can the Unicorn snatch control of the Fin Funnels?
kgrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-17, 22:14   Link #162
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yes, it can. As for who'd win, it'd otherwise depend on the pilot. If it were Amuro and Banagher, Amuro would undoubtedly decimate Banagher.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2016-05-17 at 22:33.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-17, 22:45   Link #163
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

it probably depends on the fiction too despite sometimes being not cannon,
like that time in Dynasty Warriors Gundam where he manages to repel the Turn A's Moonlight Butterfly with the Nu Gundam's Psycoframe without damaging the unit,
yeah i know some people were like HURR-DURR!! because he's the original Gundam protagonist thus representing Gundam franchise's genesis so the staff made him more h4xxxx than Kira Yamato in terms of DBZ Scouter power levels ~derp.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-17, 23:00   Link #164
xeviouses

Amuro himself doesn't have much experience using NT weaponry, Nu Gundam was his first foray with it.

Specwise the Unicorn is stronger than Nu, being designed to counter Newtypes and all.

But in the end it will fall to piloting skills and Amuro has been at it longer then Banagher has, so his experience should be enough to defeat the Unicorn.
Old 2016-05-17, 23:12   Link #165
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrodriguez View Post
Can the Unicorn snatch control of the Fin Funnels?
Yes, it absolutely can. Even more so if the opponent pilot is Amuro (one of the strongest Newtypes in UC), Unicorn’s NT-D will react like crazy.

Quote:
In a fight between the Nu Gundam and Unicorn, who would come out on top (assuming that they are both in peek condition)?
Well, considering Amuro’s forte is not really on using Funnels, but melee & sniping, I can see him able to still be on top. Amuro is originally the slayer of MA/MSs that use Funnels on him (thanks to his Newtype reflexes), so he can still find a way to win even if Unicorn uses Nu’s Funnels against him. Rather than the Funnels, Amuro might have a hard time against Unicorn when it goes Berserk (like in the last episode of Unicorn) but can still exploit the Destroy Mode that can only active for five minutes or so. And yeah, veteran Amuro when he’s piloting Nu can’t be compared to the relatively-green Banagher.
Old 2016-05-18, 01:25   Link #166
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

I know it is both due to the following factors, but will a Nu victory be more because Amuro is that good, or it is more due to Banagher being inexperienced?

I'm guessing that if you switch pilots, the Unicorn will eat the Nu alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yes, it absolutely can. Even more so if the opponent pilot is Amuro (one of the strongest Newtypes in UC), Unicorn’s NT-D will react like crazy.
So the Unicorn's NT-D output also depends on how strong the opponents Newtype is? (Again, this is the first time I'm watching the Unicorn).
Old 2016-05-18, 02:20   Link #167
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I know it is both due to the following factors, but will a Nu victory be more because Amuro is that good, or it is more due to Banagher being inexperienced?
If both pilots are equally competent, I can see Unicorn has more edge in the fight, which is perfectly normal since Unicorn is the newer Gundam with more advanced tech. For example, Nu only has psychoframes around its cockpit while Unicorn has the frame all over its body. Also, story-wise, Nu is not even a truly finished Gundam. Amuro hurriedly put it together to intercept Char. Hi-nu Gundam from the alternate-UC novel is the more complete version of the Nu Gundam.

Quote:
I'm guessing that if you switch pilots, the Unicorn will eat the Nu alive.
Yes, it will.

Quote:
So the Unicorn's NT-D output also depends on how strong the opponents Newtype is? (Again, this is the first time I'm watching the Unicorn).
Well, NT-D is still a bit mysterious of a system (just like Newtype). But one thing we know, it will react strongly to Newtype powers (be it the opponents or the pilot inside).
Old 2016-05-18, 03:23   Link #168
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

Quote:
If both pilots are equally competent, I can see Unicorn has more edge in the fight, which is perfectly normal since Unicorn is the newer Gundam with more advanced tech. For example, Nu only has psychoframes around its cockpit while Unicorn has the frame all over its body. Also, story-wise, Nu is not even a truly finished Gundam. Amuro hurriedly put it together to intercept Char. Hi-nu Gundam from the alternate-UC novel is the more complete version of the Nu Gundam.
Has there ever been an animation featuring the Hi-Nu? I've always wanted to see that in action.

So again, another hypothetical, with equally competent pilots, who would win between the Hi-Nu and the Unicorn?
Old 2016-05-18, 04:24   Link #169
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Has there ever been an animation featuring the Hi-Nu? I've always wanted to see that in action.
Aside from games, Hi-Nu has been animated in Gunpla Builders Beginning OVA (but only as the Gunpla version, not the actual mech) and I think there are some bits and pieces in Gundam Build Fighters.

Quote:
So again, another hypothetical, with equally competent pilots, who would win between the Hi-Nu and the Unicorn?
With equally-competent Newtype pilots, and no surprise attacks or guerilla warfare, Unicorn will still win the fight in an open duel.
Old 2016-05-18, 10:10   Link #170
darkone45

This might sound unrelated, but did Sunrise say anything about doing G reco movies ? someone on Reddit told me, but ANN has no info on that so dose Crunchyroll, should I assume this person was lying or misinformed ?
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-18, 11:20   Link #171
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
This might sound unrelated, but did Sunrise say anything about doing G reco movies ? someone on Reddit told me, but ANN has no info on that so dose Crunchyroll, should I assume this person was lying or misinformed ?
It would be a TV Series compilation G-Reco movie (first out of three, with the other two to follow if the first does well) and Tomino reportedly mentioned in a public lecture which we have some transcripts from. Don't think Sunrise has actually officially it announced yet though.

Might be better off being asked in the Gundam Q&A or G-Reco thread though, depending on where you're going with this.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2016-05-18 at 12:15.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 09:39   Link #172
AHT

世帯 個人 kid ten   m1  m2  m3   f1  f2  f3
*1.7 *1.0 *1.6 *1.0  *0.7 *1.3 *1.6  *1.0 *0.0 *0.6    05話
AHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 14:03   Link #173
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Dumb question. Is there some sort of machine in the series that can change Fullfrontal's voice? I mean, he sounds identical to Char.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 20:28   Link #174
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Dumb question. Is there some sort of machine in the series that can change Fullfrontal's voice? I mean, he sounds identical to Char.
Spoiler for Necessary for those who don't know:
Old 2016-05-21, 20:20   Link #175
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Episode 8 was a bit meh. They did a lot of recapping. Hopefully Sunrise will make up for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
Spoiler for Necessary for those who don't know:
I was going to guess he is literally a clone like Elpeo.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-21, 20:49   Link #176
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Full Frontal is a bit tricky.

Spoiler for Background and later plot details:
Old 2016-05-23, 20:19   Link #177
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

So wait, his name really is Full Frontal? As in, Mr. Full Frontal?
Old 2016-05-23, 20:59   Link #178
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I don't think he has a proper registered name beyond that. It's a pretty tongue-in-cheek one, all things considered.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2016-05-23 at 21:20.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-23, 21:38   Link #179
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
So wait, his name really is Full Frontal? As in, Mr. Full Frontal?
Hey, it’s still better than Quattro Vagina .

Casval/Char was never good in making up his own cover name. The name Edouard Mass and Char Aznable were already given to him, but when he had to make up a name of his own during Zeta Gundam’s period, he came up with Quattro Vagina . And since Full Frontal has Char’s memory, I assume he shares Char’s sense of making odd names for himself (unless Full Frontal is another given name).
Old 2016-05-23, 22:17   Link #180
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Hey, it’s still better than Quattro Vagina .

Casval/Char was never good in making up his own cover name. The name Edouard Mass and Char Aznable were already given to him, but when he had to make up a name of his own during Zeta Gundam’s period, he came up with Quattro Vagina . And since Full Frontal has Char’s memory, I assume he shares Char’s sense of making odd names for himself (unless Full Frontal is another given name).