AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-11-20, 05:34   Link #161
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
In other words, "Collab" is the most important column among the three for anyone more interested in quality than popularity as this is the one less affected by sheer popularity. :3
Why Index have a "0" by "collab", eh? Do we really need to explain why?

Actually, I'm more shocked that there are still some of those voters who spent one of their precious 5 votes to titles like SAO or oreimo, titles that definitely doesn't need help from them to rank.

Thanks for the numbers laretian( yet you were saying that you hoped someone else would post them ). Do you happen to have a link toward the whole list with numbers maybe?

Rokka no Yuusha have almost the same numbers in everything ( with a small increase in Monitor votes); yet it dropped 5 places; so I would guess that the total voters this years his higher than last year?

12.91 106.52  *2.00 (2012)
11.25 104.84  16.00 (2013)
Looks like it's still supported by the voters from the industry. Thanks you, guys.
I happened to be checking 2ch . All data provided by 2ch. No reason for any trolling since book is already out.

The sample sizes are pretty similar to last year's with slight increases, particularly Collabs which have 11 more people (IIRC).

I will get the physical copy eventually but earliest availability in my local bookstore would be either Friday or Saturday.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 07:50   Link #162
ion475
にこにこにー

BTW, without Collaborator vote...(HP + Monitor Only):

1. Toaru
2. SAO
3. Oregairu
4. DRRR
5. Oreimo
6. Haganai
7. BakaTest
8. Maou-sama
9. AW
10. DAL

Surprised that Retto-sei is not going anywhere even if it's popularity alone. On the other hand, though, you have 8 and 10 being up there only b/c of anime...

But as usual, the "popularity" alone list consist of series that are fairly well known (and got an anime series), throw in collaborator vote and you have a bunch of series that no one heard of (Not saying they're bad...) in Top 10...

On the other hand, though, Oregairu (Hamachi) scores well again in both HP voting (General Public) and among collaborators. The #1 is well deserved.
Old 2013-11-20, 08:33   Link #163
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^
It would be nice to see Maou-sama hanging around the top 20 from here on out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
On the other hand, though, Oregairu (Hamachi) scores well again in both HP voting (General Public) and among collaborators. The #1 is well deserved.
Curious enough, it scored quite low with the Monitors.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 08:41   Link #164
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post

Since each person has only 5 votes, it just means that all 61 collaborators prefer to give their votes to 5 other titles other than Index and Kagepro. And some of them might not even have read the books.
Do I get the feeling that it's collusion to try take down their biggest rivals....<__<
Old 2013-11-20, 09:47   Link #165
Zefyris
図書館狼

More like, why would they vote for popular titles since regular voters are already massively voting for them?

Outside of the fact that most popular titles don't deserve to rank in the top 10 of a poll aiming to designate "sugoi" titles ImO, if the voters from the industry wants to counterbalance the popularity vote, they NEED to avoid voting for the most popularity titles. Especially when those titles have been in the top 5 for years... On top of the risk of transforming those rankings in a simple popularity poll, there's the risk of making it boring by having always the sames titles on top years after years.

Quote:
The sample sizes are pretty similar to last year's with slight increases, particularly Collabs which have 11 more people (IIRC).
Well it's just that getting that score last year meant being 3rd while getting it this year means being 8th, so I though the total aount of casted vote had to be higher. But it may be that the votes were most concentrated on a few titles than last year...

Last edited by Zefyris; 2013-11-20 at 09:57.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 12:42   Link #166
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Likewise you could also say that since they did their job 'promoting' Rokka last year, they might decide to spend their votes on other series this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
Outside of the fact that most popular titles don't deserve to rank in the top 10 of a poll aiming to designate "sugoi" titles ImO,
So is it a fact or an opinion?
Old 2013-11-20, 13:00   Link #167
Zefyris
図書館狼

It's a fact.
In my opinion.
Old 2013-11-20, 13:21   Link #168
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

^Casuistic way of dealing with ambiguity, in essence smartass overgeneral reasoning.

I am of the opinion that, this is just plain dirty politics by rival authors or companies.

Last edited by Ougon; 2013-11-20 at 13:40. Reason: Addition: "or companies"
Ougon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 15:36   Link #169
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Curious enough, it scored quite low with the Monitors.
Huh? Even comparing the Monitor score values, 26.00 is still 4th highest within the top 10, isn't it?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 15:40   Link #170
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Huh? Even comparing the Monitor score values, 26.00 is still 4th highest within the top 10, isn't it?
I mean relative to the scores from HP and Collabs.

But I suppose you have a point, looking back at last year's, they only had 9 points from the Monitors so its an overall improvement
Old 2013-11-21, 00:30   Link #171
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Some predictions on my side.

>Shinonome Yuuko and Sakurada Reset aren't going to be on the poll this year (well duh, there's no production this year.)
>Oreimo should be right in the top 5 mix (and gone next year)
>Baka Test will slip out of top 10
>Lost Love Detective will be in the top 30 at least. (Hey, it won a Dengeki novel prize at least. They'll market it.)
>Aldermann might make it into top 10 this year.
>Magdala for top 20 (I honestly hope it can make it to 10 at least. This one is good.)
>This will be Kokoro Connect's last hurrah. Top 15.
>Index will slip this year (yes, I said it). Partly the reason is because the action sequences has been getting overly complex as compared to previous volumes (look at NT 7 for example) <--It counts, okay
>AW will barely make it into top 10 this year.
>-Gatari will still not get enough love.
>Kino has, and will be like Gengar and Starmie, always in the OU top 20.
>Top 10: SAO, Mahouka, Index, Oreimo, Oregairu, Rokka, Horizon, Accel World, Aldermann, NGNL

Now, let's see how many of my guesses are correct.
This one will get very long, so please bear with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecasonic13 View Post
Complete "translated" list for those who can't read Japanese:
Spoiler for Top 60 Light Novels 2014:

Last edited by Hell_ping; 2013-11-21 at 01:05.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 01:01   Link #172
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
21. To aru Hikuushi no Seiyaku <-- Hopefully, with the upcoming anime, this will attain a higher ranking, because it's about as touching as its spiritual prequel.
22. Mondaiji-tachi <--Stagnated, huh
23. Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai <-- Pitchforks and nailed bats must have battered it here.
24. Knights & Magic
25. Amaryllis in the Ice Country <--Like Ame no Iris (same author), I do like this short read. I personally prefer Iris though.
26. No-Rin <-- The Gintama of LNs
27. Kokoro Connect <-- Farewell
28. Strange Moon
29. Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo <--Anime served its part, but I hope 10.5 will tie up the series for real. It feels a little dragged out.
30. Dress na Boku ga Yangotonaki Katagata no Kateikyoushi-sama na Kudan <--ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL
31. Accel World <--What happened to this one...
32. Record of Grancrest War
33. Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu.
34. Dai Nihon Samurai Girl
35. Ashita Boku wa Shinu. Kimi wa Ikikaeru <--Award winner in the Dengeki novel prize. I thought it'll be higher, but there are certainly better series than this.
36. Ro-Kyu-Bu! <--Wait for the next series by the same author (another loli series)
37. Date A Live <-- Well...
38. Kino no Tabi <-- Always finds a way to stay in this ranking, and I do like how it remains an endless journey (until the author decides to kill the series or something)
39. 420 Renpai Girl
40. Death Need Round
41. Kagerou Days <-- I think, CE, Lare and I will agree that we expect the HP to be much higher. Check the sales number, at least
42. Asachi to Shimamura <-- There's your two girl romance story...how it made it here, I have no idea. I thought Tokage no Ou was better.
43. Seitokai no Ichizon <-- And it will be gone
44. Hidan no Aria <How it is still here I have no idea
45. Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!? <--Very.........peculiar read
46. Magdala de Nemure <-- Why...
47. Boku to Kanojo no Game Sensou <-- Did the Reimu cosplay on volume 5's cover help make it here?
48. Ore ga Ikiru Raison d'Etre
49. Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de
50. High School DxD
51. Beatless
52. RAIL WARS
53. Hitotsu no Tairiku
54. Zashiki Warashi of Intelligence <--Now hoping that HO gets an anime, at least.
55. Sunday Without God <--I don't like how the story trailed off starting from volume 5, but it makes it here at least.
56. Ben-To <--Same as Sunday
57. Hai to Gensou no Grimgal
58. Chousou - Mada Ningen Ja Nai
59. NouKome <-- Oh bother...
60. Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon <-- On the brink of being eliminated, I guess.
Note to self: No Black Bullet, no -Gatari, no Baccano, no Tokage no Ou, no Golden Time

Last edited by Hell_ping; 2013-11-21 at 04:00.
Old 2013-11-21, 01:26   Link #173
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
キャラクター総合10位まで
1 御坂美琴 854点
2 比企谷八幡 692
3 上条当麻 620
4 キリト 400
5 雪ノ下雪乃 348
6 一方通行 245
7 アスナ 210
8 由比ヶ浜結衣 196
9 真奥貞夫 175
10 高坂京介 164
There's your Justice League.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
My biggest surprise this time was finding Clockwork Planet (only one volume out) in 13th. Anyway, I'm really happy to see Kamiya Yuu (NGNL in 10th) getting a lot of attention lately.

Spoiler for Top 30 Female:

Spoiler for Top 30 Male:
Old 2013-11-21, 01:40   Link #174
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

....Mikoto has almost 3 times the votes of Yukino? Isn't that worse than the trashing she gave Asuna last year ?

Likewise what happened to Kirito and his 'untouchable' popularity from before ?
Old 2013-11-21, 01:43   Link #175
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

^ Maybe the people are getting tired of the coolboy persona wherein, a person can save everybody as long as he wished to.
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2013-11-21, 01:45   Link #176
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougon no Kemono View Post
^Casuistic way of dealing with ambiguity, in essence smartass overgeneral reasoning.

I am of the opinion that, this is just plain dirty politics by rival authors or companies.
Clearly....

After all, Kagepro is featuring in Kono Rano for the first time this year

Anyway BEATLESS got 51? Nice nice
Old 2013-11-21, 02:50   Link #177
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

A bit late to the party but...

Congrats to Oregairu for taking first place; it was well deserved.

Quite happy that Index performed rather well this year. It is certainly the most stable series in terms of popularity in the top 10 in recent years. It didnt even get any collab votes and it still got third; quite an achievement.

Other things of note:

Spoiler for Personal Comments:

Last but not least: I'm ecstatic that Index was voted best LN series of the last 10 years. But that almost seems like a controversial choice. I'm happy becuase its my favourite LN series. Which begs the question:

How did they decide the rankings for the Best of 10 years list? Was it similar to either the best LNs list or the character popularity and best illustrator lists? Who was the one who decided on this list? What method used to determine them?
Old 2013-11-21, 03:01   Link #178
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Index (series) have some very strong staying power, whether or not it's number one I don't want to get into it but--

best of 10 years
*1. Toaru majutsu no index
*2. Bungaku shoujo
*3. Baka to test to shoukanjuu
*4. Kino no tabi: The beautiful world
*5. Sword art online
*6. Suzumiya haruhi no yuuutsu
*7. Ben-to
*8. Shakugan no shana
*9. Full metal panic!
10. Ookami to koushinryou

I can say that out of all these, the only one that I'm surprised at was Ben-to. I never really got the impression that it grew that big.

I thought Toradora would be on it for sure.... Or Monogatari.... Or Baccano, seeing as how people never stop asking for them.

P.S - Also, Index (Character) was in [Road to Endymion]
Old 2013-11-21, 06:47   Link #179
Mecasonic13
Twins of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
How did they decide the rankings for the Best of 10 years list? Was it similar to either the best LNs list or the character popularity and best illustrator lists? Who was the one who decided on this list? What method used to determine them?
I believe they used the series rankings of the past 10 years and aggregated them in some way.
Mecasonic13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 07:02   Link #180
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^
Well that explains a lot. Of course Index would come out on top then with its consistent poularity and Ranking in the top 15 for the past 8 years, top 10 for the last 6, and top 3 for the last 4.

But it cant have been that simple. The order still looks a bit wonky considering aggregates or averages.