AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-15, 19:16   Link #161
BW95
Banned

What is this Overlord about? The prologue on imoutolicious tells me nothing.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 19:25   Link #162
blankerer

thought we had some post or was it on imouto chatango about it.
blankerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 19:29   Link #163
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankerer View Post
thought we had some post or was it on imouto chatango about it.
Yeah, but those were just illustrations and some minor details concerning how the story was drastically changed when it got adapted into an LN.
Old 2014-04-15, 19:35   Link #164
blankerer

well the vrmmo server is shutting down and during the forced log out some accident happened and he's now his character and of course the world is different from when he just played the game.

the 2 prologue chapters of what he was doing online and then it happened lol
Old 2014-04-15, 19:39   Link #165
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankerer View Post
well the vrmmo server is shutting down and during the forced log out some accident happened and he's now his character and of course the world is different from when he just played the game.

the 2 prologue chapters of what he was doing online and then it happened lol
I have no idea what you're talking about. There were no details pertaining to the plot in the previous post so I have no idea of the premise aside from what you just told me now. So our guy was unlucky (or lucky) to become the victim of some crazy technical difficulty while he was playing a VRMMORPG and become his character in a real fantasy world? Where did the girl come from?
Old 2014-04-15, 20:26   Link #166
blankerer

just doing a really quick and fast skim searching around so that LN prologue with the girl or whatever it's supposed to be.

would be ch5 like 3/4 through the first part of the war ch.
Old 2014-04-15, 20:33   Link #167
BW95
Banned

Wow. That really is screwed up.
Old 2014-04-16, 07:40   Link #168
SineMora
Wait for it...

I wonder what happened now at Master of Monster and Gun-Ota...
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 08:52   Link #169
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
I have no idea what you're talking about. There were no details pertaining to the plot in the previous post so I have no idea of the premise aside from what you just told me now. So our guy was unlucky (or lucky) to become the victim of some crazy technical difficulty while he was playing a VRMMORPG and become his character in a real fantasy world? Where did the girl come from?
Spoiler for Overlord:

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2014-04-16 at 09:09.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 09:57   Link #170
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
I wonder what happened now at Master of Monster and Gun-Ota...
considering that master of monster is weekly, the pacing is very slow, currently:
Spoiler:

As for Gun-Ota:
Spoiler:
amatsunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 20:23   Link #171
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatsunagi View Post
considering that master of monster is weekly, the pacing is very slow, currently:
Spoiler:

As for Gun-Ota:
Spoiler:
I wonder when will Rose.... uh... "Upgrade" herself....
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 08:18   Link #172
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
I wonder when will Rose.... uh... "Upgrade" herself....
when? My guess: now, since Takahiro split into 2 group. Rose is tasked with blacksmith jobs due to her innate artisan skills, but with the group splitting, her usual jobs are reduced and she can put more effort in "upgrading" herself. The question is: considering the time she have (dunno if it's a couple of days or just 1-2 days), to what degree will she upgrade herself? If there's no time, then she can't upgrade herself, but the moment is just perfect for some surprises, Like Rose, already beautiful, gallantly appeared in a maid dress, comes in to save the day. By the way, how come Maid dress? Mana will supervise it with Gerbera help (Gerbera is tasked with creating clothes, thanks to her spider thread) I guess~ ^^'
Old 2014-04-22, 11:15   Link #173
TitanCurse

Ok, Since I haven't seen my favorite series being talked here

Let me just come and advertise this

クロの戦記
Romanji : Kuro no senki
Alternative title : Kuro's Military Record
Author: Saitou (サイトウ)

Quote:
Crono Croford, Noble of Kefeius empire has a secret. He came from the present day Japan. Without any cheat ability, he will use his knowledge from his past as a weapon and be a harem king!.... Let's start with crushing a ten-thousands men army with a his one-thousand subordinate!
I know the synopsis didn't seem that appealing and all but I think It has its own charm and is distinctive from other mainstream(at least in Narou site) LN out there

and the whole theme of this series, which the author didn't bother to included it in the synopsis, is non-human races (Elf,Half-elf,Dwarf,Minotaur,Lizardman) are considered a lesser beings and the protagonist is trying to do something about it in a larger scale

also, the protagonist, being a noble, have his own land and his own town to manage for fuck sakes

I would rate this as a 16+ for explicit and erotic...? scene but some what light-hearted content

Spoiler for Things I found interesting:
TitanCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 13:08   Link #174
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

@TitanCurse:
thanks for the rec, I remember reading one chapter of that and still haven't progressed, now I'm interested to continue (since you remind me of this title).

=========
モンスター娘ハーレムを作ろう! (Monster Harem wo Tsukurou!) tells the story of Tsuchio Mikado who one day, falls into a hole and landed on the back of a wyvern. He is in another world and while learning he has talent as monster tamer, the soul of otaku in tsuchio heart burns and he decided to be a monster tamer and create his own of monsters harem. I always like "Evolution" gimmick where someone or something change form and grow stronger (like -mon series). Protagonist is not useless and weak as he also fight alongside his team which is a good thing. A little bit "honobono" but if you like Monster-Girl, then check this out.

ぼくは異世界で付与魔法と召喚魔法を天秤にかける (Boku ha Isekai de Fuyo mahou to Shoukan mahou wo Tenbinnikakeru) This title is one of the fuel for my hatred of orcs and also the first title which tainted my happy-go-lucky mood. The story about Kaya Kazuhisa who is trying to take revenge by digging a trap hole on the mountain behind his school but instead killed an orc. He is then transported to a white room, where he learn that he , the school and it's students are teleported to another place. Kazuhisa will face many options which is going to decide the fate of not only his life but also the other students as well. Protagonist along with his party is often put in harsh situation which makes me think that author is a sadist. The main point of this story is alone > rescues other > lead a group > try to survive. The group fights are good and the mood really sets in as you can feel the suspense, well, at least for me.

遅咲き冒険者(エクスプローラー) (Osozaki Explorer) story about a veteran explorer, Ignis who feels he had reached his limit and decided to retire. One day, he meets with one slave who ask him to buy her in exchange for "power". Honobono and pretty much old-school adventuring. Quite a good side-read though.

神器を統べる若神様 ~戦神の異世界ハーレム奮闘記~ (Jingi wo Suberu Waka Kamisama ~Ikusa Kami no Isekai Harem Funtouki~) is a story of Renya Easle who was once a ordinary man, kidnapped by a certain god, and receive trial to escape the fate of reincarnating as dog in his next life. After killing the God, he then proceed to take over the god position. Renya then adventure into a fantasy world to test his newly attained god power. accompanied by Goddess of Love and Passion, Floria, he will raise and break a series of flags (Events) which will weave into a legend of God of War. somehow chuuni, funny dialogues, and good pace.

グレイプニル~異世界学園無双録~ (Gleipnir ~Isekai Gakuen Musouroku~) is a new title about Majima Suzaku who lives together with his mother while his father suddenly went missing. Few years later his father is back and Suzaku is surprised that his father can use magic. Apparently his father, Genbu was summoned to another world as hero and managed to save the world. After Genbu went back to his own world, several years went by. Suzaku, now a high-school student is told by Genbu that Genbu had promised he would come back again to that world. He then asked (more like, forced) Suzaku to go there as his replacement. Hmm~ actually good idea, good execution, but the fight scene feels lacking for me. Well, Alto alone is enough to make me keep reading so I guess it's fine ^^

さようなら竜生 こんにちは人生 (Sayonara Ryuusei Konnichiwa Jinsei) is about a dragon who feels he already lived long enough. He is then slayed by heroes but found himself reborn as human boy, Dran. Chuckled at how fate works, he accept his new life and excited to see and experience human's life. Really like this story, thanks to awesome Dran. Good story and good fighting scene. The length of each chapter is about the chapter of Hachinan, however, some may find this a little bit tedious or dragged on with some explanations (As for me, it took time to get used to it).

異世界盗賊譚 (Isekai Touzokutan) Another gloomy story. Tells the story of Kujou Tsukumo, a young man in the black world who works as a thief. Upon sneaking to the residence of Sengoku Rouga, he found nothing valuable there other than a ring and a letter which tells him that the ring is a magic item that will send the wearer to another world. Although he doubted the credibility, he tried it since he already sick of his life. His decision will start the story of neither a hero or saint, but a thief starting a new life. Dark, serious, gloomy. and protagonist action is often heartless. But overall it's cool with thick plot.

異世界の歩き方 (Isekai no Arukikata) is the story of Kaga Tatsuya who is suddenly summoned to another world. Not knowing how to go back to his own world, he then decided to go sightseeing around the world. Unknown to other though... he actually has been to another world before, when he is still a child. And this is what I need~ a light story. Despite the usual teleported to another world, the story doesn't follow the usual: hero, demon king, demon army and blah blah blah. Lots of older girl characters, definitely for oneesan faction! anyway, I enjoy reading this as a cure for my gloom~

精霊幻想記 ~こんな世界で出会えた君に~ (Seirei Gensouki ~Konna Sekai de Deaeta Kimi ni~) is a story of Amakawa Haruto who is caught in a traffic accident and lost his consciousness. The next thing he know, he is already inside a body of a 7 years-old boy named Rio living in a slum. He then come across a kidnap attempt of princessess and managed to save them. However, his action is doubted and he is branded as spy, what will happen to Rio now, as he still have things he have to do. This is the story of fate, miracle, and destiny. The main power of this story is the flow and its concise content. The story doesn't add unnecesary contents which result in speedy but good pace. Although different in theme, this title is quite similar in vibe as "Master of Monster". One thing to note is about the "Harem" tag, well, sure there's harem possibility here, but it doesn't feels like harem at all due to Rio closing himself. Nevertheless, I still love the story.

受難の魔王 -転生しても忌子だった件- (Junan no Maou -Tensei Shite mo Imiko datta Ken-) is the story about a middle schooler who is bullied and killed and reincarnated as a boy in another world, as a cursed boy. To be frank, that one sentence is enough to tell how the story will goes, the story of unlucky boy who is destined to be hated and bullied. In that harsh life he still find happiness however, how long will that happiness last? My complain about this story is the pace which is slow. the addition of intermission which shows story that will happened later (feels like trailer) just gives me the itch to say, "hurry up!". Not to the point of amazing, but the story is good.

魔人転生記 -九転臨死に一生を- (Mabito Tenseiki -Kyu Ten Rinshi ni Isshou wo-) is the story of a soul who already reincarnated 8 times, each times he only glimpsed being killed by human. On the 9th times, he regained full consciousness from the start, as a demon, Saleh Sanctus. Raised by demon clans, Saleh live 15 years of happy life. That happy life ended on the day he went travelling outside the village. Atem Kingdom with it's intention of purging non-humans, eradicates Saleh village and rob him of his relatives. After that, he meet with a group of vagrant consisted of non-humans from another clan who survived from the purge. Saleh then join this group and journey to find a place for them. Good story, good cast of character, nice balance of serious and humour. The story is easy to read and not as dark as what I expect to be.

迷宮アンデッド ~ゾンビから始める異世界成り上がり~ (Meikyuu Undead ~Zombie kara Hajimeru Isekai Nariagari) is the story of a zombie who holds the memories of his past life. He named himself Lost and along his companion, she-zombie and skull soldier, they rise from the weakest monsters to the strongest monsters. Very good description of fighting scene also with "evolution" gimmick that I like. Still relatively new but interesting with satisfactory length of text for each chapter.

Well,, that's umm... 12 titles that I recommended from many titles I had scooped, happy reading~
Old 2014-04-22, 17:16   Link #175
bludvein

My newest read is 創炎のヒストリア ~転生執事の日常~.

Basic premise is a high school boy who likes housework dies saving a girl from falling off a roof. For other characters there is an obligatory pretty childhood friend and a class bishounen who is good at everything, which is relevant later.

Anyway the protagonist is reincarnated as the son of a maid in an early-European style world with magic, and of course sets out to be a butler who would do Hayate proud. 17 years later(for the protagonist at least), and guess who are summoned as heroes? They arrive at the lair of the demon king just as the protagonist is mopping up.

Only 8 chapters out for now, but its already the top of the daily rankings on Narou since its first release.

Last edited by bludvein; 2014-04-22 at 17:42.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 17:57   Link #176
omegasereon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post

Basic premise is a high school boy who likes housework dies saving a girl from falling off a roof. For other characters there is an obligatory pretty childhood friend and a class bishounen who is good at everything, which is relevant later.

Anyway the protagonist is reincarnated as the son of a maid in an early-European style world with magic, and of course sets out to be a butler who would do Hayate proud. 17 years later(for the protagonist at least), and guess who are summoned as heroes? They arrive at the lair of the demon king just as the protagonist is mopping up.

Only 8 chapters out for now, but its already the top of the daily rankings on Narou since its first release.
This one sounds interesting. Will check it out later.
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 18:01   Link #177
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post

Wait. So he defeated the demon king as part of his butler duties?
Old 2014-04-22, 18:18   Link #178
Seitsuki
Onee!

From the description I would guess the 'mopping up' here is...pretty literal
Old 2014-04-22, 18:21   Link #179
krab

so... if i guess right he's working for the demon lord? and kicks out heros?
krab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 18:23   Link #180
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
From the description I would guess the 'mopping up' here is...pretty literal
Nope, I meant that he killed them all, and the heroes walked in as he was finishing off the leader.

Basically he takes orders seriously no matter how ridiculous. He was told to go finish off the leader of the devils by the ojou-sama character, and he complied. He was a little irritated that it screwed up his uniform though. He is a butler, a bodyguard, and a secret agent all in one. Hayate would be impressed.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
web novel