AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-07-01, 16:38   Link #161
Lucidrago

Ddraig- Red

Albion- White

Fafnir- Gold

Vritra- Black

Midgardsomir- Gray/Silver??????

Yu-Long- Green

Tiamat- Blue

Tannin- Purple

Grendel- Dark Green

Ladon- ?????????

Niohoggr- ????????

Yamata-no-Orochi- ????????

Crom Cruach- Black and Gold

Apophis- Black and Silver

Azi Dahaka- Black and Purple
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-01, 16:55   Link #162
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Yeah, Midgardsomir is Grey on wikia. I think Ladon would be a Dark Brown, Niohoggr a Dark Grey and for Yamata-no-Orochi I can't think of a colour for him.
Old 2017-07-01, 17:03   Link #163
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Well, what does the LN say on Midgardsormr's color?

But what does this have to do with DX Volume 4?
Old 2017-07-01, 17:19   Link #164
Sparda4
Dark Knight

It's my fault i just asked if it was stated what color Vritra's Aura is. So being that i made us go off topic let me change it back to DX4

So Sairaorg is going up against Cao Cao who do you think will be in Cao Cao's team ? And will Sairaorg include other members now that each pawn is worth 1 (Regulus being 1 for not being a god if he was then he would be 8 pawns)
Old 2017-07-01, 17:25   Link #165
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

For Cao Cao's team I would think that members of the Hero Faction would become his team. I am going to guess which piece his team members are:

Cao Cao: King

Georg: Queen

Jeanne: Knight

Heracles: Rook

Leonardo: Bishop/Pawn

Perseus: Rook
Old 2017-07-01, 19:28   Link #166
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, it'd make sense for people from the Hero Faction to be his teammates. But I won't try to guess what Pieces they'll each be aside from Cao Cao being the King.

As for Sairaorg. I know that Regulus isn't worth 7 Pawns here like he is normally but actually just 1 Pawn instead, but I don't think Sairaorg needs to get more people on his team (does he?). I mean, a full 16 positions on the team being filled doesn't seem to be a requirement. Ise can participate just fine without a full set, can't he?
Old 2017-07-01, 19:34   Link #167
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Yeah Sairaorg has the inteligence to use his pieces well enough but this is Cao Cao we're talking about here that guy is borderline a tactical genius in every aspect except the unorthodox methods (Like how Issei is). So maybe 1 or two more pieces might not hurt.
Old 2017-07-01, 19:42   Link #168
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I guess so. Well, either way, the fight will be good. I'm looking forward to it.
Old 2017-07-01, 19:46   Link #169
Sparda4
Dark Knight

And you know what i'm thinking we're going to see ? The longinus' original Balance Breaker in this match if we don't then that's going to be used towards the end game of the series.
Old 2017-07-01, 19:48   Link #170
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

The trouble is Perseus and what he can do. Maybe he might be the possessor of Innovate Clear.
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-01, 19:52   Link #171
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Sparda4: Eh? Um, I don't think someone who's already gotten a sub-species Balance Breaker can also get the true Balance Breaker as well. The sub-species is a branch that you get in place of the real thing, after all, isn't it? Cao Cao said he was switch the current destructive ability to something else, though, so we'll probably see that. Along with maybe some other changes.

@Bennia Lover: Yeah. Have we seen Perseus before? He's a new character, isn't he? I want to see him and what he can do, too. And now that you mention it, it really is possible that he's the possessor of Innovate Clear.
Old 2017-07-01, 19:53   Link #172
Lucidrago

Actually Regulus is still worth 7 pawn pieces. The rule about devils that were reincarnated with more than one evil piece being counted as one evil piece only applied for the bishop, knight, and rook pieces. Because as you have realized, Bova is worth 3 pawn pieces and Ouryuu is worth 5 pawn pieces. Why do you think it's like that? Do you think it'd be fair if there were 8 Ultimate-class devils promoting to queen? Because if the rule you stated above applied to the pawn piece then most teams would register their strongest members as pawns. And as long as that person isn't a god or god-class being, then they would be worth only one pawn piece. Now there are teams that do have 8 pawns on their team like Barakiel does. But every devil would be rushing to gain OP team members that aren't god-class or gods to register them as pawns. So the context of the statement about those originally worth more than one piece being registered as one piece only applied to the knight, bishop, and rook pieces. Pawns in this tournament are given a value based on their strength. But I believe they'll keep the devils that are already pawns as their actual value.
Old 2017-07-01, 19:57   Link #173
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So Regulus is really still worth 7 Pawns? I see. That's good if so. Thanks for the info. So then Saji is also worth 4 Pawn Pieces and if Ise were participating as a part Rias' team, he'd be worth 8 Pawn Pieces.
Old 2017-07-01, 19:58   Link #174
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Bova and Ouryuu are very strong to need to take up that many pieces. The rule about Devils who are multiple pieces applies to Pawns too. Kiba explains the ruling and he said this: "Secondly, the concept of a pawn piece’s value had been invalidated in this tournament. Even if a servant originally possessed multiple pieces, it would become equivalent to having one unless they were a God-class being. A simple example would be Kuroka, who possesses two [Bishop] pieces, but according to the rules of this tournament, she is counted as having only one. That’s why it would be possible for Vali to register both Kuroka and Le Fay-san as his bishops."

Last edited by Bennia Lover; 2017-07-01 at 20:15.
Old 2017-07-01, 23:54   Link #175
Lucidrago

I actually believed that was a mistranslation. I think it would have just been 'a piece's value' rather than 'a pawn piece's value'. Because it was the next paragraph that the pawn was explained. Why would they say the pawn piece's value was invalidated and use Kuroka as an example when she is a bishop? Because in the next paragraph they talked about the limitations of the pawn piece. Again you're talking about making Saji and Regulus worth one pawn piece when it's clear how strong they are. They would really throw off the whole bit they said about a pawn's limitations being strict. Because that would mean you'd have to put those at Saji's and Regulus' level at one pawn piece.
Old 2017-07-02, 05:10   Link #176
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Well, what does the LN say on Midgardsormr's color?

But what does this have to do with DX Volume 4?
Yes Volume 14,

Quote:
The Dragon Gate is emitting a green colour. Doesn’t the Dragon Gate give out the colour of the Dragon which is being summoned?

I heard that Ddraig is red, Albion is white, Vritra is black, Fafnir is gold, Yu-Long is green, Midgardsormr is grey, Tiamat is blue, and old-man Tannin is purple.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-02, 05:37   Link #177
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Well, there we go, then. Thanks.

@Lucidrago: Let's try asking Noman about it, then. If it's a mistranslation, he should be able to tell.
Old 2017-07-02, 08:24   Link #178
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Maybe it was supposed to say "A pieces value has been invalidated" then that would make more sense
Old 2017-07-02, 10:42   Link #179
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah. We should ask n0m@n. Where is he when you need him, anyway?
Old 2017-07-02, 19:34   Link #180
Krudelu
???

If anyone can post the original text from it, can anyone post it? I'll try to give it a shot figuring out the text.

EDIT: What I meant by this is the original raw text for the potentially mistranslated text.

Last edited by Krudelu; 2017-07-02 at 20:03.
Krudelu is offline   Reply With Quote