AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 19 Rating
Perfect 10 10 47.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 38.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 9.52%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 4.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-10-19, 03:06   Link #161
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiharaRonin View Post
I doubt that short story was mean't to be anything other than pure comedy. People probably realised how the NT17 one was an analogy for the fanbase's attempts to determine the final boss and how they want to limit it down to only two characters despite it being whoever the people fear. Now because it seems like many members of the fanbase want the series to end as soon as possible they probably thought"well obviously the series is going to end soon and since Kamachi is releasing all these short stories, each one is obviously a clue towards the series' end. Well that's hogwash and the NT18 Short Story was cute and funny yes, but only a Rick and Morty fan could view it in deeper meaning.
I don't want the series to end so soon there so must more it could do but this Story Arc does look like it the final of something which Crowley and Coronzon fighting each other.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-19, 05:25   Link #162
KiharaRonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
I don't want the series to end so soon there so must more it could do but this Story Arc does look like it the final of something which Crowley and Coronzon fighting each other.
I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the ones starting such rumors. And again, this probably won't be the final arc. Especially with the Toaru Project 2018. Dengeki would definitely not let that exist if the novel was ending soon.
Old 2017-10-19, 05:47   Link #163
LazyHunter

Oh, that part with the PoV of A.O. Francisca is interesting, and a big hint towards their real identity. The reveal about the Processor Suit is also awesome, as expected of Academy City's science.

Finally we get the Vampire + Zombie Sisters reference.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-19, 08:04   Link #164
KiharaRonin

Every new translation, we get a reference to another Kamachi series.
Old 2017-10-19, 09:06   Link #165
LazyHunter

Only other stuff from Kamachi are very minor things like Schrodinger's City, Game Therapy or the N fantasy stuff; so we should be done with the references unless they start repeating themselves or Kamachi really goes to reference everything.
Old 2017-10-19, 10:44   Link #166
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Ehh... I remember hearing some spoilers about Pendex vs Accel. Did that not happen either?
It did, but very briefly.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-19, 12:24   Link #167
salamander750

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
It did, but very briefly.
So who is gainning the upper hand?
salamander750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-19, 14:46   Link #168
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
Only other stuff from Kamachi are very minor things like Schrodinger's City, Game Therapy or the N fantasy stuff; so we should be done with the references unless they start repeating themselves or Kamachi really goes to reference everything.
Well Schrodinger's cat was mentioned, if you count that.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-20, 15:51   Link #169
KiharaRonin

Can anyone who's finished the volume say what happens in the ? section of the volume? Last one revealed a 3 heroes scenario incoming so what could this one be?
Old 2017-10-20, 16:03   Link #170
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Pretty sure the illustrations already spoiled it as being the same as the last one.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 02:20   Link #171
DragonXX

People are saying that Index has something to do which Lilith but this book had the real Lilith show up in.

I still believe that Index had something to do which Lilith because how must Coronzon was saying that what Awiass had couldn't be the real Lilith. Why could Coronzon not think that it could be done?

There is one reason Coronzon could say that and that if as some people said that Index was the Real Lilith as well and Coronzon did something to get a hold of her.

This could lead to what happen when two of the identical being exist at the same time because even Crowley's possibilities are not identical as seen which the fact this one is a girl.

This could cause a huge paradox if Index and Lililth are identical being in everyway basely perfect clones which we know don't exist in this world from how every Mikoto Clone is different.

This could bring a end to all thing if Index and Lilith are identical being the final showdown in this series is one must die for one to live to stop the world from destorying itself because of a paradox. This could be how the the final fight between Crowley and Touma happen. Touma fighting for Index and Crowley fighting for Lilith.

This would even connect back to how there two Toumas the one before his memory where destory and the one after.

It would be the same for Index and Lilith if this is true which Lilith being the one before her memory were destroy or the one after her memory where destory which is Index.

Also if what Awaiss said about Lilith Life being make from Magic doesn't that mean that Crowley can no longer destory Magic which out killing Lilith?
Old 2017-10-21, 04:24   Link #172
KiharaRonin

I think Coronzon is just over confident and doesn't wanna admit defeat. She seems to think she's got everything in the bag so Lillith being alive or any chance of Crowley winning, she probably refuses to believe. Lillith is why I think his (her?) plans are done. He wanted to destroy magic and religion to get back at the people who made his life unhappy. Now with help from Aiwass, Aleis-Tan's practically achieved Thelema's greatest state and has found a happiness and thus I doubt he still would want magic to be destroyed. For all those saying Aiwass will get angry if he doesn't retry his plans, this isn't the case. It's preet obvious from the Blessing Aiwass gave Aleister in NT19 BTL3 it's pretty obvious that as Aleister's Guardian Angel he just wants him to be happy. Aiwass will do whatever seems to be interesting and we've seen his lack of care for Aleister's plans before. He simply wants Aleister to be happy regardless of his plans or not.

However, there is no proof Index and Lillith are the same person and that was a crazy theory people take to seriously despite lack of evidence. They can't have a teenage girl fight a baby either. Touma and Aleister already had their battle in NT18 so the chances of another one are slim. Also, this Possibility isn't the only girl. There are many "what ifs" for everyone and this just happens to be the one who saved Touma.

Last edited by KiharaRonin; 2017-10-21 at 12:56.
KiharaRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 04:59   Link #173
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiharaRonin View Post
I think Coronzon is just over confident and doesn't wanna admit defeat. She seems to think she's got everything in the bag so Lillith being alive or any chance of Crowley winning, she probably refuses to believe. However, Lillith's life being made of magic could also explain why she sees this as a fake Lillith. It's also why I think his (her?) plans are done. He wanted to destroy magic and religion to get back at the people who made his life unhappy. Now with help from Aiwass, Aleis-Tan's practically achieved Thelema's greatest state and has found a happiness which would go away if magic were to be destroyed.

However, there is no proof Index and Lillith are the same person and that was a crazy theory people take to seriously despite lack of evidence. They can't have a teenage girl fight a baby either. Touma and Aleister already had their battle in NT18 so the chances of another one are slim. Also, this Possibility isn't the only girl. There are many "what ifs" for everyone and this just happens to be the one who saved Touma.
The only example of possibilies we have in this series so far are phases and Crowley's possibilies which are not identical because each of the bodies are different from each other if we use the current female Crowley for a example.

At least from the female one we know all there self/personally is same but all there bodies/form are different the opposite of all the Mikoto clones beside LO and Worst have bodies/forms that are all the same but there self/personally is different from each other in some ways.

We still do not know what would happen if two people who self/personally and bodies/forms are identical even if one is older and younger would do to the World.

If we bring in the Virtal-On Crossover it was said that for a being to get to another dimension they must switch which the them of that World.
Old 2017-10-21, 05:03   Link #174
DragonXX

Also now that we have a second superpower baby in this series will Lilith and Freyja fight each other at some point.

Also we still need to know why the World did not want Freyja to be born?
Old 2017-10-21, 05:58   Link #175
LazyHunter

It's always nice to see Hamazura Macgyvering something like he did with that crossbow. Shame he failed so much at using it that A.O. Francisca nearly killed him with it. I didn't expect Lilith to have superpowers, but I'm not complaining. I'm interested in seeing how Aleister reacts in the next chapter.
Old 2017-10-21, 06:57   Link #176
KiharaRonin

Quote:
The only example of possibilies we have in this series so far are phases and Crowley's possibilies which are not identical because each of the bodies are different from each other if we use the current female Crowley for a example.

At least from the female one we know all there self/personally is same but all there bodies/form are different the opposite of all the Mikoto clones beside LO and Worst have bodies/forms that are all the same but there self/personally is different from each other in some ways.

We still do not know what would happen if two people who self/personally and bodies/forms are identical even if one is older and younger would do to the World.

If we bring in the Virtal-On Crossover it was said that for a being to get to another dimension they must switch which the them of that World.
Well again we have no reason to believe Index and Lillith are the same. Also, we can assume some of the other Possibilities might be different in terms of personality or history since they're what-ifs after all. Aleis-Tan just happens to be "what-if Aleister Crowley went down the same path but was born a girl and stopped growing upon reaching middle school age.

Quote:
Also now that we have a second superpower baby in this series will Lilith and Freyja fight each other at some point.

Also we still need to know why the World did not want Freyja to be born?
If i remember correctly, Freyja lost her powers and the mother got her life back with her having to recover. Every member of GREMLIN has reformed so unless Lillith does anything evil, no member of the group would have any reason to care about her.
Old 2017-10-21, 11:51   Link #177
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Also if what Awaiss said about Lilith Life being make from Magic doesn't that mean that Crowley can no longer destory Magic which out killing Lilith?
I see you didn't read the chapter correctly. Lilith is not made of magic.
What Aiwass did was he retreated Lilith's Essence into an alternate dimension when she is still inside the womb.
So the baby that Aleister's wife had given birth to is just an empty hudk. Aiwass knowing Lilith is going to die, so he outright prevents Lilith from being born.
The Lilith we see in this volume is the Essence of the Lilith that has been released by Aiwass. This Essence is just a chunk of life force inside the material plan but lacks a body to contain it. To sustain its existence inside the material world, Lilith had to keep on converting it's life force into mana to sustain herself.
So what Aleister really needs to do is provide Lilith a body to stabilize her. Do Lilith no longer has to waste her life force to produce mana.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 22:54   Link #178
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Not quite sure on what to feel about Chapter 4.

One one hand, I really wanted there to be more of a fight between Pendex and Accel/Kamijou.

On the other hand, "Get rekt, Coronzon!"
Old 2017-10-21, 23:45   Link #179
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Haha, Lilith is a riot. She's definitely Aleister's kid with that attitude. I'm disappointed we didn't get to see Pendex vs Accel, but I guess Accelerator deciding to let Touma handle it is a sign that he's getting more mature.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 05:38   Link #180
LazyHunter

Props to Aleister and Aiwass for trolling Coronzon so hard. So Lilith is a bit like the real Lola who was always harsh when talking to Aleister.