AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-30, 10:31   Link #161
dubber

I have to agree, it was VERY misleading. I felt like they just did false advertising to everyone.

Not too angry, I'm still liking the show. ^_^
Old 2006-04-30, 18:10   Link #162
Sophia
Queen Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi
Ano...Anime U hasn't stopped subbing this series, right? Are you guys just stalled?
*is worried 'cuz she lurves Disagea* D:>
We're still subbing this. However, a lot of the people who were on the Disgaea team aren't here any more. I'm currently replacing them, so it may take a while.
Old 2006-05-01, 05:13   Link #163
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubber
I have to agree, it was VERY misleading. I felt like they just did false advertising to everyone.

Not too angry, I'm still liking the show. ^_^
yeah, I still find it funny, just disappointed (couldn't edit my frickin post >.<)
Old 2006-05-03, 17:02   Link #164
Access

I was disappointed after (1), but I saw (2, 3) the other day and I think if you forget about the first episode and take the rest as just a comedy show, it's not that bad. I really enjoyed the second half of ep. 3.
Old 2006-05-07, 05:25   Link #165
Wewetan1

yeah, kinda feels like they put half of their budget into making the promo, then half to everything else
Old 2006-05-07, 05:41   Link #166
L33tmaster

I've played the PS2 game (lvl 6602 Laharl with about 100,000 stored levels from transmigration) and I can say that Disgaea is probably my second favorite anime this season, second to... well, of course... everybody's favorite, Suzumiya Haruhi.

I was quite shocked actually about the changes they made from the game --> anime. Completely out of order... but i'm not one to be pissed about that, after all, if it followed the game exactly, it'd be the same thing and that perhaps wouldn't be as interesting (for example, I stopped watching Bleach and just started reading the manga because they're so similar). It's refreshing to see what stories they make with the characters that I have grown to like so much.

I would recommend anybody who owns a PS2 to get the game because, if you think the anime is good, the game is way better. And if you think the anime sucks, well, the game is awesome, so go get it. Seriously.
Old 2006-05-07, 13:41   Link #167
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Thumbs up

I just want to say "thanks" to the group [Kyuuketsuki] for there sub work thus far. Nicely done. I look forward to seeing episode 6.
Old 2006-05-07, 15:20   Link #168
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Freebie avatar for anyone that wants it. It's from the Open.

Old 2006-05-07, 22:39   Link #169
jtrog

Just watched show 5 from kyuu. Enjoyed it a TON. All of them so far have been entertaining from many different angles at once. NO I dont have the game and it wouldnt matter, theres no need for any game to follow the manga stores or animated shows faithfully. It is a new show for the market.

btw, I felt the 'new one' in show was much like one with a sword in f/sn, even in voice. Just thinking what I was seeing had me laughing out loud even more.

keep up the good work, so far been nice subbers havent had 'explicitives' left and right and all over.
Old 2006-05-08, 04:26   Link #170
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wewetan1
yeah, kinda feels like they put half of their budget into making the promo, then half to everything else
QFT

still enjoyable...but damn those misleading promos!
Old 2006-05-08, 04:52   Link #171
NaNash|

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz
QFT

still enjoyable...but damn those misleading promos!
The promo is based on the game. If you played the game, then you understand.

The anime is of a different storyline with the game. But it is as enjoyable.

However I wonder is 9 episodes enough to explain the story and bring it to an end?

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-08, 12:37   Link #172
AliceAngel

I have to say, episode 5 was my favorite by far.....maybe.
Old 2006-05-09, 18:50   Link #173
winry-chan

me i really enjoy the show and i don't care if they seem to don't have enough budget to do it i'd just like more than 12 episodes ^^

Last edited by winry-chan; 2006-05-09 at 19:08.
Old 2006-05-14, 02:28   Link #174
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

For those wondering what the hell is going on with our subs, I'll basically repost what I said at the forum.

Quote:
There's probably some wondering on why there's been no releases recently. I'll explain what's been going on.

All episodes up to episode 5 have been timed, typesetted (for the most part), and everything else. The only issue remaining is the episodes need to have the Translation Checked for accuracy. This is causing a slight delay, due to Misora, our Translation Checker (On Osu!'s side) being busy with school at the moment. BD_ will be the temperary Translation Checker, and will be doing translation check for Episodes 2 - 4. Episode 5 and up will be checked by Misora, hopefully.

As for how they will be released, they will be batched up together (Episodes 1 - 4). Episode 1 XviD encode is ready, and there will be a Version 2 of the H264 released also. The XviD encode may or may not be released early in the FM Channel before the batch. (If it does, I will update the webpage and forums announcement, so make sure you check those.)

Just for information on how the batches will work. One batch will contain the XviD encode, and the other batch will contain the H264 encode. File size will be around (hopefully) 720MB for both batches.
Old 2006-05-17, 16:38   Link #175
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
thanx to kyuu for picking this one up!Yahh1 more disgaea!
Old 2006-05-17, 16:47   Link #176
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Dropping this series for now ... it just wasn't coming together as enough comedy or character ... pretty flat ( a shame because the Etona and Flonne characters were pretty charming).
I also have to pick and choose because my connection is sucky for now and frankly, Suzumiya, Utawarerumono, and Nana FTW in my temporarily reduced pipeline. Hopefully in a couple of weeks, I can be more magnamious assuming the repairs come through and the comedy improves (this isn't supposed to be serious is it? )

edit: I had pre-ordered the Etona figure but they keep delaying the release --- her figurine is quite cute no matter what the series ends up like.
Old 2006-05-22, 00:34   Link #177
Ishin Ookami

So what is up with disgaea, The last episode to come out was #5 two weeks ago. Is it just it hasn't been aired yet? some info would be nice
Old 2006-05-22, 04:42   Link #178
loosecannon

Disgaea is one of the most enjoyable games I've played on the PS2.......Err...

Umm, oh yeah, this is the anime fansub thread. ^^;;
Anyway, as much as I enjoyed playing Disgaea, it just pains me to watch the episodes so far. First, I was quite disappointed that the anime failed to be true to the videogame story. Second, why did they bring out Capt Gordon and company so early? Third, Laharl is TOO annoying, well, he was annoying in the videogame but not this much?! Well, please forgive the rants, but I really want to give Disgaea a chance to redeem itself, I'm still hoping that the anime can make a huge turnaround.
Old 2006-05-22, 14:28   Link #179
Ishin Ookami

Im actually really liking the series myself, Episode 1 was the weakest of the bunch, but so far the series has managed to provide some decent, new jokes that are in some ways better then the ones that were in the game (had to love Laharls acid trip when he ate flonne's cooking) and the series has managed to show a decent amount of character development. Now Al I want is Episode 6. So can anyone explain to me where the hell is it?
Old 2006-05-23, 10:57   Link #180
NaNash|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishin Ookami
Im actually really liking the series myself, Episode 1 was the weakest of the bunch, but so far the series has managed to provide some decent, new jokes that are in some ways better then the ones that were in the game (had to love Laharls acid trip when he ate flonne's cooking) and the series has managed to show a decent amount of character development. Now Al I want is Episode 6. So can anyone explain to me where the hell is it?
It's out.
And I doubt that you need to go to hell to get it.(Although it's a hell production)
Closed Thread