AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-30, 20:54   Link #161
Arthas1011
Bring on the blood mortal

I would go for the bankai sword a.k.a. tensa zangetsu because I think it would be good for a cosplay im thinking up for the 2008 or 2009 armageddon expo here in NZ

My mum said I can have a samurai sword but I had to get a real one (approx 2-3 thousand dollars NZ)

Last edited by Arthas1011; 2007-10-30 at 21:49. Reason: additional info and typo
Old 2007-11-02, 20:46   Link #162
ArmyNutcake

Hey Guys, im new, but ive been watching this thread on the forum for awhile. Im considering buying the Tensa Zangetsu Bankai sword off www.trueswords.com and i want to know if theres any reason i shouldnt buy it. If anyone would help that would be great
Old 2007-11-03, 00:45   Link #163
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Here's some other replicas you guys might be interested in (also from trueswords.com)

Hinamori Momo Tobiume's Zanpakutou:

http://www.trueswords.com/hinamori-m...rd-p-3089.html

Gin Ichimaru's Zanpakutou:

http://www.trueswords.com/ichimaru-s...na-p-3088.html

Hitsugaya's Zanpakutou:

http://www.trueswords.com/hitsugaya-...to-p-2967.html

Renji Abarai's Zanpakutou:

http://www.trueswords.com/renji-abar...na-p-3087.html

Byakuya Kuchiki's Zapakutou:

http://www.trueswords.com/byakuya-ku...rd-p-3138.html

Posting this again...
Kenpachi Zaraki's Zanpakutou:

http://www.trueswords.com/kenpachi-z...rd-p-3134.html

If I were to choose one, I would have to go for eith Kenpachi Zaraki's or Byakuya Kuchiki's Zanpakutou. Senbonzakura is too awesome to ignore. Not to mention they both got good reviews. Not to say the other ones's didn't. I just didn't look at them. Too bad Kenpachi Zaraki's sword isnt all messed up like it is in the anime. Well, I guess its time to start hitting rocks.

Naturally they are all full tang (metal goes all the way through to the hilt) and keep in mind these are real swords and whether sharp or not, they are steel and their weight can still injure! Don't go swinging these indoors and most certainly not around people!
Old 2007-11-05, 17:18   Link #164
waltdeezy

does any one know how gin ichimarus sword is cuz i want it
Old 2007-11-05, 17:55   Link #165
MooMooFarm

This is pretty cool, considering it's one of the few swords in Bleach that don't immediately blow chunks. Of course, it's the main character's, but yeah, still good!

Usually I rarely like the weapons of the main characters. But this is one of those =/ maybe cause of it being black. The next notable item from recent memory is Train's XIII Hades gun.

Although I will say the other swords listed here are equally done well in terms of detail. T_T but some of them like the girls and renjis fail completely to stand out.
Old 2007-11-09, 01:11   Link #166
Arthas1011
Bring on the blood mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
This is pretty cool, considering it's one of the few swords in Bleach that don't immediately blow chunks. Of course, it's the main character's, but yeah, still good!

Usually I rarely like the weapons of the main characters. But this is one of those =/ maybe cause of it being black. The next notable item from recent memory is Train's XIII Hades gun.

Although I will say the other swords listed here are equally done well in terms of detail. T_T but some of them like the girls and renjis fail completely to stand out.

I like ichigo's because it looks way different too what the others looks like.
Spoiler for Gives away secrets:
Old 2007-11-20, 10:46   Link #167
Zonja

Hi Guys

As many of you i'm fan of animes and i like to collect goodies from bleach, naruto and so on.
2 weeks ago was my Birth day and my friends deceided to buy me the 68" Ichigo bankai swords from thi site http://www.toysnjoys.com/.
They were all trustfull since the site seemed to have a lot of choice for anything related to japaneese animation goodies.
So first the item was not available so i didn't have it for my birthday wich was fine as long as it was coming.
Yesterday the famous sword finaly reached my door step in ireland (europe)

My friend received it at work and he then came to my house with it so with a big smiley face i then opened the pakage to see that some parts of the swords were broken and even missing from the package wich led me to beleive that the sword was already broken when packed, i was not devastated but close from it and then i had a closer look at the sword and it's not really matching the picture they have on dispaly on their site it's a very bad replica if i can call it that way.

The paint on the blade is staining your fingers when you touch it and the tissue on the handle was sticked with wood glue and it's already falling apart
and there is "Pakistan" writen in small wite caracter on the side of the blade(how cool is that )
This is an item i can't return because i have to pay the shipping that is the price of the swords and i dont really want to.

This is my personal experience so then if you order with them it's at your own risks.
in the mean time i would like to ask all the guys that purchased that sword in the truswords site you refer a few posts up that seem more serious in this business and sent me pictures of you swords in detail not the one of the site because i really want that swords and also the other bleach swords but i want to be sure of what i order and not being S....ed twice.

so i'll apreciate if you could just send me a post i'll give you my personal e-mail adress in order to receive your pictures.
Old 2007-11-20, 21:50   Link #168
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

You asked for it, here it is. Ichigo's Zangetsu Zanpakutou:

http://www.trueswords.com/ichigo-swo...in-p-2798.html

Yeah it's huge. Practical? No. Possible? Yes. Cool? Hell yes.
Old 2008-01-14, 14:45   Link #169
oreL

Hello, I've a question:
Is there a way to ship ichigo's bankai sword in Belgium ? Because I don't find any store in my country and don't find any online store wich ship in my country.
Thank you!
Old 2008-01-14, 17:40   Link #170
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
you could ask the guy from schwertshop.de, maybe he can import it?
Old 2008-01-14, 23:04   Link #171
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Have to say, other then Ichigo's bankai sword, I really like Gin's, Byakuya's, Renji's, and Kenpachi's. I like the varying details on each of em.

Being a replica id assume they are blunt, however, whats the quality like, I looked at the reviews people seem happy, and they look pretty good in the photo's its just that 'real' swords ive seen are upwards of a thousand dollars or more, these are less then $100...

Not that i'd be able to buy any of them anyway regardless of price, I'd be murdered for 'frivolous expenditure' (probably with the sword!).

they have urahara's cane luls... tempting lol...

hell get both...

The hilt isn't bent near the end though.
Old 2008-01-15, 07:52   Link #172
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
This is a handmade high carbon steel katana version of Renji's un-awakened blade! Featuring a razor sharp blade, this sword measures 44 inches overall. The hard wood handle is wrapped with ray skin and black nylon, coming dual-pegged for total strength Includes high gloss finish hardwood scabbard. This is a fully functional sword. [Emphasis mine]
http://www.trueswords.com/renji-abar...na-p-3087.html
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2008-01-15, 17:05   Link #173
oreL

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
you could ask the guy from schwertshop.de, maybe he can import it?
ok thank you! i'll ask him
Old 2008-01-16, 03:42   Link #174
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by oreL View Post
ok thank you! i'll ask him
please let me know what his price would be, maybe i will order one for myself too
Old 2008-01-16, 06:32   Link #175
oreL

he can't help me... that's all he said!
doesn't matter, i'll try to find another way
Old 2008-01-17, 05:45   Link #176
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianfez123 View Post
so basically a good sword that would be good to buy shouldn't be stainless steel more like carbon steel, shouldn't be light in weight, full tang and feel balanced, and blade should be same thickness as the handle it is place in
if i buy a bankai zangetsu-which i plan to do- and the blade is thinner than the handle and glued in like Dan The Man said, ill be pissed and then ill probably weld the blade to the handle myself or something in that matter to keep the blade from not rattling lol
what im worried about is the sword weight, i dont want it light but kinda weighty to have that sturdy feelying
You've got it pretty much down. Of course, everything I mentioned aren't definite points, but they should be key factors when you're buying a sword.

Zangetsu is a difficult sword(s) to shop for, if you ask me. I have yet to see a bankai version which looks capable of being used for anything outside of prop/cosplay use. Weight wise, you're pretty much SOL with any large anime sword, since the horrible balancing issues will make swinging the sword in a controlled manner really difficult.

Like I said before, any store offering anime/game weapons is usually only selling collector's items, and shouldn't be considered at all if you want a sword to practice swordplay with.

On another note, has anyone heard of anyplace that sells aluminum swords? I bought one a while ago at a flea market, and it's a hell of a prop weapon. It's almost as sturdy as my Cold Steel katana, and weighs about a pound. The place I bought it from isn't there anymore, and I was hoping someone might know something about a store that sells them, because I would love to get 4 or 5 more for movie props...

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Old 2008-01-18, 07:03   Link #177
Ke0

Send a message via AIM to Ke0
For anyone who was looking for Rukia's Sode no Shirayuki

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...1TVUY&v=glance

Like many have said though, these are low grade replicas and are not for swinging / using. Even the carbon steel ones shouldn't be swung much if at all, and definitely don't try to cut something, you'll end up hurting yourself or someone.

Also even though it says that Renji sword is fully functional, the price says it isn't
Old 2008-04-07, 19:13   Link #178
lazyboithang

Has anyone bought Hitsugaya's sword on trueswords?

http://www.trueswords.com/handmade-h...dy-p-3292.html
Old 2008-05-01, 08:42   Link #179
hollowfication
hollow

Well, i just registered on these forrums.

Solely to post in this topic, as synical as it may seem. D;

So, i am on the verge of cosplaying as Ichimaru Gin, and im contemplating whether or not i should buy the sword, but ofcourse, what is a cosplay without the awesome sword?

So to follow this i have a few questions.

* Is the main company True Swords operating in Australia, or somewhere in the US for example?
* By importing the sword to Australia from overseas, will custom revoke it and end up taking it on the grounds that it can be passed off as a 'weapon'.
* Am i able to use the sword reliably, pretty much just practicing sword skills, involving minor swinging of the blade.
* How long to these swords usually last? Just considering that i would be going through all the trouble of importing to Australia.

Thanks. ^_^
Old 2008-05-01, 22:46   Link #180
itachi kazuki
The Unknowing Know It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Mod_Konpaku_ View Post
Lol. it's impossible to carry that thing.
Not really my friend bought one and chased me around his house trying to hit me (it was a perfect replica to to)lol it left so many marks in his ceiling and wall's
Closed Thread