AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-20, 10:16   Link #161
evangeline-stclare
CLARE OUT OF CLAYMORE!

That isn't really Raki's voice is it?? AUGHHH That only makes it about 20 times worse! I could just ignore the rapper before, hahaha. Please say it isn't Raki. Why did they mess up Clare's song like that? They should release an edit... Even worse is that he doesn't leave it at just rapping but has to make Puff Daddy noises as well when he runs out of crap to say.

What is with the rapping anyway, trying to appeal to lame teenage boys? It's SO weird. At least Irene didn't get rapping in her song.

Though I had to say, Helen's quasi-rapping totally wins in her song, freaking adorable.

Last edited by evangeline-stclare; 2007-11-20 at 10:18. Reason: helen = win
Old 2007-11-21, 02:45   Link #162
abcdefghijkLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by evangeline-stclare View Post
That isn't really Raki's voice is it?? AUGHHH That only makes it about 20 times worse! I could just ignore the rapper before, hahaha. Please say it isn't Raki. Why did they mess up Clare's song like that? They should release an edit... Even worse is that he doesn't leave it at just rapping but has to make Puff Daddy noises as well when he runs out of crap to say.

What is with the rapping anyway, trying to appeal to lame teenage boys? It's SO weird. At least Irene didn't get rapping in her song.

Though I had to say, Helen's quasi-rapping totally wins in her song, freaking adorable.
I downloaded an mp3 editor and edited the rapping out of Clare's and Galatea's, but its not good enough to transition between the cut parts in Clare's >_> Galatea's is a lot smoother, but I don't know how to make it fade in volume so it ends well.

P.S. It was Raki T_T
Old 2007-11-21, 03:11   Link #163
Arcananine77

Personally, I don't find the rapping-part during Clare's song all that annoying. It's hardly the greatest thing to ever grace music, but I don't mind it. And besides, it's not that long anyway. It's less than half a minute in a song that's almost 5 minutes long. I don't see how people make such an incredible deal out of it.

Last edited by Arcananine77; 2007-11-22 at 13:01. Reason: Elaborating on my point.
Old 2007-11-21, 04:06   Link #164
speedy3020

I find that as I'm listening to the whole album over and over I'm liking some songs more.. and some others less than I did to begin with.

I really enjoyed Kakusei (Deneve) but that sound they play right at the start, before they kick off the lyrics at 0:29 and at the end has really gotten to me. The mute button gets a good workout throughout this one.
I loved Zouo (Ophelia), and I'm no expert on the Japanese language, but I swear the backup singer says something along the lines of "Not many people know their ABC".
If someone can assure me that this isn't the case please do, as I just can't listen to it with the same enthusiasm.

Hangyaku (Galetea), I originally listened to thinking "so-so", but it has ultimately become one of my favourites as I'm really enjoying the singing. Most are saying that you can hear her straining in the chrous. I do agree with this, but honestly, I think it just gives it so much more depth character wise.

And I still think we could do without the Raki rapping (speculation) .
Old 2007-11-21, 04:08   Link #165
abcdefghijkLOL

^I edited it out :S
Old 2007-11-21, 05:32   Link #166
speedy3020

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdefghijkLOL View Post
^I edited it out :S
Oh you have got to be kidding me
"*BAM, its Raki!*"

Last edited by speedy3020; 2007-11-21 at 07:18.
Old 2007-11-21, 11:14   Link #167
evangeline-stclare
CLARE OUT OF CLAYMORE!

Pretty much the only thing I like about Galatea's song is the actual singing. The guitar, song structure, transitions, rapping, everything else is pretty much the suck, only her voice saves it for me and so I still listen to it... not as much as other songs, but I can deal.

I can mostly ignore the rapping but it's just such a black mark on an otherwise good song. Oh well, I learned to ignore it when Evanescence did it As long as it isn't Raki. NO WAI, please say it isn't Raki! Man, now I seriously need an edited version, that ruins it for me! "100% Raki-free" was a selling point of the record!

According the scan of the cd booklet I have, what is partially said in Zouo is alternately "Accelerand heart beats" and "Prestissimo heartbeats." It sounded like "abc's" to me too but it's a different Engrish apparently.

Are there any translations/romanizations out there yet? I'm dying to know what Helen sings about, the only songs I can sort of get a feel of subject-wise are Teresa's and Irene's.

Jean should have gotten a song too.N

Last edited by evangeline-stclare; 2007-11-21 at 11:22. Reason: nooooooo
Old 2007-11-21, 12:17   Link #168
Arcananine77

Intimate Persona's Best Song.

As far as I'm concerned. Miria's song is by far the best (and I'm not even a Miria-fanboy!). Though Clare's and Helen's are pretty good as well. Ophelia's isn't too bad either.

What do you guys/girls think? What's your fave song on IP?
Old 2007-11-21, 16:11   Link #169
abcdefghijkLOL

^My favorite songs...hmm...I have more than one :S
1) Galatea
2) Ilena
3) Miria(sorry Miria-chan T_T)
4) Clare
5) Priscilla
6) Helen
7) Ophelia

The other ones are good, but I don't like them as much as these.

Quote:
Pretty much the only thing I like about Galatea's song is the actual singing. The guitar, song structure, transitions, rapping, everything else is pretty much the suck, only her voice saves it for me and so I still listen to it... not as much as other songs, but I can deal.

I can mostly ignore the rapping but it's just such a black mark on an otherwise good song. Oh well, I learned to ignore it when Evanescence did it As long as it isn't Raki. NO WAI, please say it isn't Raki! Man, now I seriously need an edited version, that ruins it for me! "100% Raki-free" was a selling point of the record!

According the scan of the cd booklet I have, what is partially said in Zouo is alternately "Accelerand heart beats" and "Prestissimo heartbeats." It sounded like "abc's" to me too but it's a different Engrish apparently.

Are there any translations/romanizations out there yet? I'm dying to know what Helen sings about, the only songs I can sort of get a feel of subject-wise are Teresa's and Irene's.

I can send you my edited version if you have AIM and tell me your screen name if you want. I don't really want to upload anything ~_~
Old 2007-11-21, 22:24   Link #170
OliverPhoenix
Ophelia fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy3020 View Post
I loved Zouo (Ophelia), and I'm no expert on the Japanese language, but I swear the backup singer says something along the lines of "Not many people know their ABC".
Lol I couldn't help but think the same thing every time I listened to it which has been a lot of times,I think it suits Ophelia's madness quite well .

Anyway I don't think Priscilla's theme is that bad anymore,I just hate the stupid voice...it kinda ruins it for me.
Old 2007-11-22, 02:17   Link #171
speedy3020

Quote:
As much as I really enjoy Sophia's song, perhaps Jean should of taken her place? It seems a bit random to have Sophia thrown into the mix.

As for top 3 current favourites:
1) Galatea
2) Priscilla
3) Ophelia (redeemed thanks to evangeline)

Quote:
I seriously need an edited version, that ruins it for me! "100% Raki-free" was a selling point of the record!
LOL
We must be listening to the same uncut "Rappin' Raki Fun Fun Fun" edition.

Last edited by speedy3020; 2007-11-22 at 02:20. Reason: Rappin' Raki, now there's an idea for the illustrations board....
Old 2007-11-22, 09:35   Link #172
evangeline-stclare
CLARE OUT OF CLAYMORE!

It's hard for me to pick a favorite or rank them but I will attempt to.

Irene-- I love her VA's singing voice, can listen to this one over and over.
Teresa-- started out thinking it was a bit too sappy but it's grown on me a lot and I love paku romi's voice
Priscilla -- Deneve
Miria -- Helen
Ophelia -- Clare
Galatea
Sophia

I'm not good at ranking things to number, so that was just my vague attempt.

They could have safely left out Sophia's song. Nothing wrong with her voice, the song is just really bland. Only reason Clare is after Ophelia is because of the dumb rapping.
Old 2007-11-22, 09:59   Link #173
DeathAngelBR
Yuri addict

No translation yet. Unbelievable ...
Old 2007-11-22, 22:20   Link #174
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverPhoenix View Post
Lol I couldn't help but think the same thing every time I listened to it which has been a lot of times,I think it suits Ophelia's madness quite well .

Anyway I don't think Priscilla's theme is that bad anymore,I just hate the stupid voice...it kinda ruins it for me.
The "ABC" is actually supposed to represent stuff. I have read the lyrics and "ABC" each have their own individual kanji.

One of them has the kanji for beauty, another has the kanji for death.

I have no means of reading it and I really wish someone could put up translations for each song.

Twitter
Old 2007-11-23, 02:15   Link #175
abcdefghijkLOL

I don't really mind if there aren't translations, but they'd be nice.
Old 2007-11-23, 02:53   Link #176
Chendzeea Li
Supporter of Quifu

I'm rather fond of Deneve's, Priscila, and Ophelia's
Old 2007-11-24, 09:26   Link #177
Sanae

i'm not agree with people here **
best song is Ophelia ( i love when she says something like bi-pi ), Irene & Helen ...Priscilla was not bad either

too bad , there is not jean noelle & ondine
Old 2007-11-24, 21:11   Link #178
evangeline-stclare
CLARE OUT OF CLAYMORE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepearl View Post
The "ABC" is actually supposed to represent stuff. I have read the lyrics and "ABC" each have their own individual kanji.

One of them has the kanji for beauty, another has the kanji for death.

I have no means of reading it and I really wish someone could put up translations for each song.

You are correct, I wasn't thinking hard enough in my previous post.

I wish for translations as well. My extremely beginner knowledge of japanese allows me to sound out and write hiragana, recogize a very few kanji, and make out enough conjunctions, particles and random words to SOMETIMES parse out the verbs and stuff in a sentence. The only songs I have a very easy time understanding individual words in are Teresa, Irene and Miria... I understood at least one whole phrase in Teresa's song

Also in the scan I have some of the kanji are so small and complicated I can't even make them out enough to look them up.
Old 2007-11-24, 21:53   Link #179
speedy3020

Quote:
You are correct, I wasn't thinking hard enough in my previous post.

I wish for translations as well. My extremely beginner knowledge of japanese allows me to sound out and write hiragana, recogize a very few kanji, and make out enough conjunctions, particles and random words to SOMETIMES parse out the verbs and stuff in a sentence. The only songs I have a very easy time understanding individual words in are Teresa, Irene and Miria... I understood at least one whole phrase in Teresa's song

Also in the scan I have some of the kanji are so small and complicated I can't even make them out enough to look them up.
I'm not sure what scan you're referring to, but I should be receiving my album in the mail soon enough (okay more like 2-3 wks) so if there isn't anything clearer by that time, I'll try to do high rez scans.

And translations would definitely be helpful, though I particularly just enjoy the flow of the music regardless.
Old 2007-11-24, 22:59   Link #180
abcdefghijkLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy3020 View Post
I'm not sure what scan you're referring to, but I should be receiving my album in the mail soon enough (okay more like 2-3 wks) so if there isn't anything clearer by that time, I'll try to do high rez scans.

And translations would definitely be helpful, though I particularly just enjoy the flow of the music regardless.
Yeah, I don't mind not knowing the lyrics either, for me, the most enjoyable thing is just listening to the music and the singer.