AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note - Episode 37 Rating
Perfect 10 208 44.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 79 16.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 55 11.70%
7 out of 10 : Good 37 7.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 22 4.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 9 1.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.85%
1 out of 10 : Painful 39 8.30%
Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-27, 19:34   Link #161
Cooler1339

Death note ends when L dies for me. Losing to that little kid pisses me off. Light is the winner for realz.
Old 2007-06-27, 19:34   Link #162
Arkwright

If you really want to go into alternate endings...

As a Plan B, since he knew about the warehouse beforehand, Light could have just had Takada write down a large number of random people to arrive at the warehouse just after Mikami arrived in case his plan didn't work, and have them crowd the building allowing Mikami and Light to escape, since by then Mikami has seen everyone's name.

Something along the lines of:

(Random person/Criminal) - Heart attack - Travels to the Yellow Box warehouse in Daikoku Wharf at XX:XX:00 (just after Mikami is scheduled to get there) and stands inside for 10 minutes. Blocks anyone except Light Yagami and Teru Mikami from leaving the warehouse, and dies at XX:XX:00 + 10 minutes.

Repeat for enough people to swamp the warehouse. Then, Light and Mikami go somewhere else and write the names on Light's watch/other spare pages, and go back to collect the notebooks.

L had avoided that kind of scenario by putting Watari in a different location as an observer, but there was nothing really stopping it from working on Near.
Old 2007-06-27, 19:51   Link #163
Yukmouth

correct me if im wrong but wasn't there a 3rd DN (Rem's DN)???

and i think this episode is bad bad bad
Old 2007-06-27, 20:03   Link #164
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

The two DNs at the end are Rem's and Ryuk's.

Ryuk also had Shidoh's, which Shidoh reclaimed earlier in the series.
Old 2007-06-27, 20:06   Link #165
poolfan
NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkwright View Post
If you really want to go into alternate endings...

(Random person/Criminal) - Heart attack - Travels to the Yellow Box warehouse in Daikoku Wharf at XX:XX:00 (just after Mikami is scheduled to get there) and stands inside for 10 minutes. Blocks anyone except Light Yagami and Teru Mikami from leaving the warehouse, and dies at XX:XX:00 + 10 minutes.

LOL. That way both Light and Mikami will die
Old 2007-06-27, 20:19   Link #166
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukmouth View Post
correct me if im wrong but wasn't there a 3rd DN (Rem's DN)???

and i think this episode is bad bad bad
If I remember right, a Shinigami came and took a dn.

Ok anyway.
I was really disappointed by this ending. They didn't show any of the last chapter which was imo the most important one to fulfill this story. I mean, they didn't show the talk between Matsuda and that other dude talking about how the crimes went up again and that Kira was actually worshiped by people.
Makes Light look like some psycho murderer with no reason for killing, which he actually had. I'm actually surprised they didn't show Mikami bashing Light, that he is no God just some kind of trash, since the anime seemed to show how Kira was really wrong in his doing.

The good thing about the anime ending was Light's death. He didn't beg Ryuk for his life, neither to kill those guys, and also the scene was really pretty. Well, this whole episode had a really nice animation, the best from all episodes. The music was great too in the end. Overall I would give it a 6/10.
Old 2007-06-27, 20:41   Link #167
zalem

There is going to be a Death Note special aired this summer, so I am assuming the final chapter will be covered then.
Old 2007-06-27, 21:17   Link #168
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
There is going to be a Death Note special aired this summer, so I am assuming the final chapter will be covered then.
Um, where can I find this news? Oh wait what was the wording after the end of the credits? Is that what its saying?
Old 2007-06-27, 21:23   Link #169
FlashCE

Can someone explain how Mikami writing Takada's name made Light lose? I don't understand that part.
Old 2007-06-27, 21:24   Link #170
Erazor

“… everyone would pretend to be pure… we mustn’t do that… of course they’d say that. Of course that’s the correct answer, because humans have to act that way in public……. but in their hearts they are crying out for Kira to continue…” ~Kira

I would say that around 95% of the people in this world would use such an item as a Death Note to benefit themselves cunningly, killing only a few people here and there, the ones that you hate, the deaths that will benefit you, all sneakily so the rest of the society doesn’t catch up with you. Yet this is just as evil as Kira is, you just kept the quantity down, so what… and yes I truly believe only 5% of humanity will disregard the Death Note without use.

Yagami Light was special, he took it beyond. He knew what he was getting himself into, that he would grow a name in society and be acknowledged, but on top of that he knew the consequences and the possible death penalty which was warned to him by L (TV part in ep2).

This is why I think the “pathetic” Light in ep37 was very out of place, I think it was done obviously to create some emotional remorse for him (and prove a point maybe).
There were many times when Kira knew the possibility of an outcome like this, like the part where Light creates the flame trap in his draw, and Ryuk tells him he can burn his whole body and he replies “I’ve been taking risks from the very beginning, when I first received the death note”.
More importantly how calm was light when Ryuk first appeared and he thought he was going to die, that Ryuk would steal his soul or something he was actually prepared for the consequences of using the Death Note.

As for the outcome, the ending I can’t agree with it. The story line wasn’t as solid as it was in other parts of death note (Like at the start). Mikiami going out of his way to get the real death note to kill Takada was a little random, and executed solely because the storyline needed that situation.
Also how can someone as intelligent as Light be stupid enough to shout out “Near, It’s my win” no matter how big your confident or ego is, everyone will have that naturally doubt that it may NOT work, like the same feeling we had while watching it (well I sure did). If he hadn’t said that he would have only been in a sticky situation like he was with L, they not going to prove he was Kira solely from the fact his name wasn’t written on there (Even though Near says this, he was obviously going for the bigger evidence which he got).

As for Light having no remorse… yes he actually did, watch episode one again when he kills two people and walks through the alley way. “Humans lives should not be simply tossed away! Do I have the right to pass judgement on others?” He then decides to stick to his plans, beliefs, and hide these emotions.
So what if he killed Penbar and his Fiancée, it was them or him, and that’s what you get trying to go after such things as Kira, they knew their life was at stake.

As for some people saying how Light’s life would have been without the death note… no no no… Light was bored and sick of the rotten world from the start, he had these beliefs before, but not the power. I think the Death Note is the best thing he could have possible wished for, just like how he said to his mother “I have everything I need” (the Death Note)

If anyone is evil in DN, I think it would have to be Ryuk, The excitement and thrill he gets from this “game” surpasses Light’s. The way he laughs at other people’s situation is just pure evil. Then he kills Yagami Light who was somewhat like a friend, not to mention all those apples he gave him, simply because he can’t be bothered to wait for his natural death, but he's not human so it's ok?
Old 2007-06-27, 21:25   Link #171
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashCE View Post
Can someone explain how Mikami writing Takada's name made Light lose? I don't understand that part.
He had to go to bank and get's Takada's death note or the real death note so he could continue judging. So Near finds out and plans to get it taken and have a fake replace it. I think.
Old 2007-06-27, 21:40   Link #172
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashCE View Post
Basically Mikami panicked because he wanted to kill Takada and thought that Light wouldn't be able to. He didn't have a spare piece of death note lying about so he had to go to the bank to get the real death note to write in Takada's name. This tipped off Near immediately because he went to the bank "out of schedule." Mikami is super organized and punctual...he never does things out of schedule or sequence. He always goes to the bank at a particular time on a particular day. So this random trip to the bank raised suspicions and they were able to find the real death note because of this.
Old 2007-06-27, 21:44   Link #173
Zetrio
The Knight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkwright View Post

Mikami doesnt have the real DN. One is already with aizawa, the other with near.
Old 2007-06-27, 21:54   Link #174
fullbleach

Send a message via MSN to fullbleach Send a message via Yahoo to fullbleach
Oh my god I can`t believe what I saw but then again I didn`t think it was going to be that happy of an ending but it was sad to see his dream crushed.
Old 2007-06-27, 21:54   Link #175
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erazor View Post
As for the outcome, the ending I can’t agree with it. The story line wasn’t as solid as it was in other parts of death note (Like at the start). Mikiami going out of his way to get the real death note to kill Takada was a little random, and executed solely because the storyline needed that situation.
Also how can someone as intelligent as Light be stupid enough to shout out “Near, It’s my win” no matter how big your confident or ego is, everyone will have that naturally doubt that it may NOT work, like the same feeling we had while watching it (well I sure did). If he hadn’t said that he would have only been in a sticky situation like he was with L, they not going to prove he was Kira solely from the fact his name wasn’t written on there (Even though Near says this, he was obviously going for the bigger evidence which he got).
Yeah Light shouting, "Near, It's my win" is kinda out of his line, but the thing is the Light truely believes he will succeed and that Near can't surpass L. At that time Light definetly changed, well it wasn't the first, but I believed he was getting reckless after L died.

Quote:
As for Light having no remorse… yes he actually did, watch episode one again when he kills two people and walks through the alley way. “Humans lives should not be simply tossed away! Do I have the right to pass judgement on others?” He then decides to stick to his plans, beliefs, and hide these emotions.
So what if he killed Penbar and his Fiancée, it was them or him, and that’s what you get trying to go after such things as Kira, they knew their life was at stake.
Yeah Light did have remorse in the beginning. However, Light's behavior was changing throughout the story. He just became too greedy and selfish in the end. In the end, he was totatoly lost at mind, no longer to keep his calm self that his previous had. He was reckless. I believe he was also very desperate to win. When Light's life was passing by him, he realizes how different he is now than before.

Quote:
As for some people saying how Light’s life would have been without the death note… no no no… Light was bored and sick of the rotten world from the start, he had these beliefs before, but not the power. I think the Death Note is the best thing he could have possible wished for, just like how he said to his mother “I have everything I need” (the Death Note)

If anyone is evil in DN, I think it would have to be Ryuk, The excitement and thrill he gets from this “game” surpasses Light’s. The way he laughs at other people’s situation is just pure evil. Then he kills Yagami Light who was somewhat like a friend, not to mention all those apples he gave him, simply because he can’t be bothered to wait for his natural death, but he's not human so it's ok?
Well, the whole story's theme focuses on morality. I believe that lots of people in the story did evil things. Remember the bussiness men?
Old 2007-06-27, 22:15   Link #176
Auro
Harmlessly Eccentric

Send a message via MSN to Auro
That's it. Death Note has ended.

Spoiler for Episode:

Wow.

Death Note will forever be my no 1 favourite series! That's for sure.
Well, now to look forward to the second movie, the games, re-watching it in dub and the L movie.

Last edited by Auro; 2007-06-28 at 02:31.
Old 2007-06-27, 22:15   Link #177
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolfan View Post
You have the same idea of justice as my friend. Basically absolute power corrupts absolutely. When you have absolute power, it earns you the right to define what justice is. After all, you can kill off all the people who disagrees with you so only those that support you (most likely out of fear) stay alive.

Spoiler for Mikami and Takada:

actually it appears most legal systems around have the mindset of obstruction of justice = guilty too.

so i won't say his way of thinking is wrong or weird. obstructing the cops in their duties or covering for a robber is illegal too if i;m not wrong
Old 2007-06-27, 23:02   Link #178
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho bolt View Post
Um, where can I find this news? Oh wait what was the wording after the end of the credits? Is that what its saying?
It was mentioned earlier in the thread. It was announced after the credits, but it seems the RAWs out there cut that part out.

[edit] It was also announced here: http://www.animeonline.com/index.php...ails&id=102438
Old 2007-06-27, 23:13   Link #179
Hazelshock
Touch the bread and die

I would liked to see the ending of the manga animated instead of the ending they created, although not bad but would of prefered the other
Old 2007-06-28, 00:41   Link #180
maverickudo
Duwah!

Send a message via AIM to maverickudo
R.I.P. Yagami Light aka: Kira, second "L", God of Justice

u effin' massive psycho

i was expecting more too for the ending ...like a bit more from the manga. i'm not saying it was horrible..just..well i rushed.

but it was so cute...L shows up as a ghostie for us at the end...and for Light. awww :]
Closed Thread