3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.60%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-08, 08:19   Link #161
JediNight
キズランダム

That's one thing I dislike about Higurashi at this point. There are so many disparate plot arcs hanging around now, that it's a real pain in the butt to try to sort them into a sequential timeline -- especially since many of the endings are mutually exclusive due to various characters dying.

At the end of season1 they had all figured out the timeloop and broken free of the curse. But now it appears like the gas explosion really happened and Rena is the only one alive again?
Old 2007-07-08, 08:39   Link #162
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

While the different plots and storyline diverge, you shouldn't compare them timewise, even between watanagashi-hen and meakashi-hen.

There is nothing goo in comparing the events with their timing. the sole exception is Himatsubushi, telling the canon past.

Most likely, compare the different outcomes, which will probably give you insight to prevent yourself being stuck into light theory, without many proofs.

also, you didn't understand the end of season 1 at all.
They NEVER broke the curse, heck, it isn't even mentionned that the characters are aware of the curse. (is there a "curse" to begin with?)
You should really read the TIPS : this episode brought back what DEEN skipped : Demon’s Script. This tips, much like Reunion, explains what really happen after Keiichi saved Rena. The season 1 was open, and didn't flesh it out, but Reunion pretty much corrected the "happy end". Also, as you might see, Rika is still stuck in another world after tsumi, in season 1.

As I and Chrno already mentionned : the gas disaster occured in Himatsubushi, Tatarigoroshi and Tsumihoroboshi (and Reunion if we consider as an alternative of tsumi, since rena survived.) There isn't any clue about Onikakushi, but we can easely deduce that the Disaster also happened in Onikakushi, due the canon clock death of Rika.
Old 2007-07-08, 12:47   Link #163
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

i think that new arc is trying to show what happens after the last arc of higurashi anime. is like, she figures out what she did was wrong and stuff, but shit still happened, therefore she doesnt understand what went wrong and stuff... I think the producer is trying to make it out to be something like that
Old 2007-07-08, 12:58   Link #164
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

yes and no.

Reunion is NOT the new arc at all. Reunion is the aftermath of tsumihoroboshi-hen, that's true (meh, we repeated like... a lot of times huh...). but this is not Yakusamashi.

This episode just shows what happen in Tsumihoroboshi, the demon's script. However, they used Old Rena as a plot device, so they can give some highlights on Rika.
Old 2007-07-08, 14:07   Link #165
Richard_Omega
Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!

Send a message via MSN to Richard_Omega
i liked it so far
Spoiler for higurashi no naku koro ni kai episode 1:
Old 2007-07-08, 14:24   Link #166
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

*face palm* read the post above

but to summary one more time :
1) Rika dies in EVERY arc (until now of course, we will see for Yakusamashi, Minagoroshi and Matsuribayashi)
2) the Disaster happens in Tatarigoroshi (3th arc, "satoko chapter"), Himatsubushi (Akasaka chapter) and Tsumihoroboshi (Rena chapter, the last one in Season 1). (and we assume it does also in Onikakushi)
like i said, it DOES happen in tsumihoroboshi (the TIPS Demon’s Script proves it), but DEEN didn't covered this point.

this is why this episode show the disaster after the school hostage incident.
The only difference is that rena survived. except this point, this is the exact future of Tsumihoroboshi.

once again, the disaster case is NOT exclusive for tatarigoroshi. in fact, the disaster happen in each arc until now, except Watanagashi and Meakashi
Old 2007-07-08, 15:09   Link #167
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

sorry i didn't really mean new arc i just meant what was airing :P. its way easier to just say 'new arc' then the aftermath of tsumioborishiri or something like that.
Old 2007-07-08, 15:59   Link #168
Kisuke06
I see...

Well, I finally watched this and I really enjoyed. And Rena still looks good.

Also, it seemed to me that the animation was better than the first season, although I can't really say because Hauu's video quality wasn't very good.

Well, I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Old 2007-07-08, 16:27   Link #169
Richard_Omega
Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!

Send a message via MSN to Richard_Omega
i wonder when they are gonna show us the other main characters (such as keiichi, mion, shion, etc)
i beleive they are still alive
Old 2007-07-08, 16:29   Link #170
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Omega View Post
i wonder when they are gonna show us the other main characters (such as keiichi, mion, shion, etc)
Their dead.
Old 2007-07-08, 22:08   Link #171
Sikono
Timer and Scanlator :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Omega View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
Their dead.

They're dead. XD The only one alive from then is Rena for some reason. They told me so. Although I hope this part of the anime isn't all about Rena's flashbacks and them discussing about stuff that's really obvious. It's quite bland so far to me...
Old 2007-07-08, 23:18   Link #172
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikono View Post
The only one alive from then is Rena for some reason
Probably because she was dragged to the police station after high jacking the school, which I don't believe is in Hinamizawa. The victims involved were probably all treated at the Irie clinic and thus were caught up in the disaster.
Old 2007-07-08, 23:53   Link #173
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Uh...is there any reason why Rena has a hideout looking thingy in a dump site? That's not her home isn't it?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2007-07-09, 00:17   Link #174
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Uh...is there any reason why Rena has a hideout looking thingy in a dump site? That's not her home isn't it?
It's her own little hiding place away from home. Like she said in the episode, a lot of things were going on at home during that time (or watch the end of season 1)
Old 2007-07-09, 01:03   Link #175
rimaa

great episode, finally its back!
Old 2007-07-09, 04:50   Link #176
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
meh. new season already, means i have to finish watching the first season
Old 2007-07-09, 10:08   Link #177
darky
I belong to Darkness

Send a message via MSN to darky
I just have finished watching the first episode

Spoiler for episode-1:

I really liked the opening song I think the singer is the same right?
Old 2007-07-09, 10:21   Link #178
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Yes, the singer of the OP2 (Naraku no Hana) is the same : Shimemiya Eiko.

OTOH, the singer for ED2 (Taishou a) is anNina, while for ED1 (why or why not) it was Katakiri Rekka
Old 2007-07-09, 10:46   Link #179
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Finally got around to watching the 1st episode. First of all i love the OP to me it fits well with the series just the like the OP and ED from the 1st seasons.

It was interesting to see the retelling years from when all the events took place. I was surprised to see Rena so early on all grown up. But it makes sense since they are investigating the disastar that happend after the school hostage incident which is theTatarigoroshi arc. Tracing all the events that lead up to the great disaster is being brought out really well. It interesting that the even after all this time the truth was never really discovered. Im looking forward to more

There seems to be quite a few people who have not seen the first season and are posting asking questions. Well dont jump into the sequel you will be lost and very confused. Do not entertain any thoughts of the entire cast poping back up again THEY ARE DEAD Rena is a special case. If you have not seen the first season and keep asking obvious questions week after week to those who have seen the first one your going to piss people off. just my opinion

A friend of mine did it and he asked me a butt load of questions. I told he need to watch the first season especially sense there will be spoilers.
Old 2007-07-09, 12:08   Link #180
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

so... er reunion will last how many episodes?
Closed Thread