AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-02, 09:36   Link #1781
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

agrrr.... for a second there .. I thought there was going to be a second season of Gantz ...lol....
Old 2009-09-02, 20:15   Link #1782
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnythesun View Post
Don't hate me for this, but i don't see what's so great about this manga. The way i see it, it's just nudity sex and gore mixed together with no storyline or plot apart from "kill aliens". Honestly, thats what i thought from chapter 1.
i don't know if it's a "masterpiece" but i liked gantz it because the main character was realistic. He was a perverted, selfish, a$$hole. In short a typical guy. There was none of that typical shounen hero sh*t.

I also liked it because no one was guaranteed to live. Even some main characters. That really made it interesting because i usually hate it when i read or watch an anime or manga and the main characters fight insane battles that are just too unbelievably bloody and no one dies.

I mean one of my favorite scenes from gantz is from kei's second alien mission with the birds. When they ganged up on the old lady and her son i expected someone to come save them in the nick of time like always but no one did and they died horrible deaths. You never see old people or children die let alone no nick of time savings in manga's like that but gantz did it.

But My all time favorite aspect of gantz was that we didn't know anything about gantz(who is he, what is he, what does he really want), the aliens(are they invading, are they being forced to fight by gantz, are they even real), the purpose of the missions, or how the suits or guns worked. Everything was shrouded in mystery but was still interesting. IMO most of the stuff that was good in gantz was in the beginning.

I liked the 100 point freedom thing but when i found out you could revive someone too i was a little iffy about it as it lessened the impact of how real death was in gantz but meh, i let it pass(a 100 points is a shitload to obtain anyways).
And while i must say i liked kei's transition into a badass gantzer i miss the selfish bastard he was.

While gantz is sex and violence, to say that their is no plot intertwined, i can only assume you weren't really even watching or paying attention to what you were reading at all. The plot is very clear. One teenager dies and ends up in room with a black ball and several other former deceased men and women "alive again". Ordered by gantz he is forced to live out the rest of his life fighting "aliens", along with anyone else summoned to that room(not that they are his allies necessarily), aided by various tools, until he dies, is killed or reaches one hundred points. What is gantz and why they are fighting is part of the plot and since we still don't really know shows that the plot still has a lot to delve into.

hah sorry i ranted alot. just a little bored (understatement) waiting for new chapters to come out or for the novel to be translated. i wonder if anyone will even bother to read this.....and don't worry know one will hate you. (well maybe just a little lol jk)

Gantz second only to one piece.
Old 2009-09-10, 23:12   Link #1783
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
i like your style sanzo. ive only recently gotten into the Gantz manga after watching the series (im finishing volume 15) and the thing i love about Gantz is that it is brutally honest about things. for example Kei Kurouno at the start is the typical teenage male all he cares about is himself and when hes finally going to have his first root. then he enters Gantz and all he cares about is surving because in the end its either you or me and anyone who doesnt know whats going on is a liability and gets in the way of my survival. i can tell you right now that is xactly how i would be thinking in a situation like that.
but as the series progresses Kei also grows and matures but still deep down he has all the fears that every normal person has. and he also starts trying to help the others who are new to Gantz.

also i think the sex, violence and overall plot of gantz is off the hook as it ads to ads to how the plot develops and tells a honest story of how a regular person would probably react to the situation kei is put in. Kei Kurouno is probably the most realistic hero over any medium due to the fact that he doesnt lie to himself he admits that he shits himself until he flicks the switch and turns it up a level but even in his prime he can still know when to retreat and worry about surving (when he fights those little telekenetic aliens after the buddah battle).

in closing Gantz is the best manga i have read so far and is my favoourite. and if you dont like the sex, violence, gore and plot your are an idiot for continuing to read it you should just stop.

p.s. i love the idea of Kei x reika and i dont really like tae
Old 2009-09-14, 17:31   Link #1784
Lostdreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanzo View Post
i don't know if it's a "masterpiece" but i liked gantz it because the main character was realistic. He was a perverted, selfish, a$$hole. In short a typical guy. There was none of that typical shounen hero sh*t.

I also liked it because no one was guaranteed to live. Even some main characters. That really made it interesting because i usually hate it when i read or watch an anime or manga and the main characters fight insane battles that are just too unbelievably bloody and no one dies.

I mean one of my favorite scenes from gantz is from kei's second alien mission with the birds. When they ganged up on the old lady and her son i expected someone to come save them in the nick of time like always but no one did and they died horrible deaths. You never see old people or children die let alone no nick of time savings in manga's like that but gantz did it.

But My all time favorite aspect of gantz was that we didn't know anything about gantz(who is he, what is he, what does he really want), the aliens(are they invading, are they being forced to fight by gantz, are they even real), the purpose of the missions, or how the suits or guns worked. Everything was shrouded in mystery but was still interesting. IMO most of the stuff that was good in gantz was in the beginning.

I liked the 100 point freedom thing but when i found out you could revive someone too i was a little iffy about it as it lessened the impact of how real death was in gantz but meh, i let it pass(a 100 points is a shitload to obtain anyways).
And while i must say i liked kei's transition into a badass gantzer i miss the selfish bastard he was.

While gantz is sex and violence, to say that their is no plot intertwined, i can only assume you weren't really even watching or paying attention to what you were reading at all. The plot is very clear. One teenager dies and ends up in room with a black ball and several other former deceased men and women "alive again". Ordered by gantz he is forced to live out the rest of his life fighting "aliens", along with anyone else summoned to that room(not that they are his allies necessarily), aided by various tools, until he dies, is killed or reaches one hundred points. What is gantz and why they are fighting is part of the plot and since we still don't really know shows that the plot still has a lot to delve into.

hah sorry i ranted alot. just a little bored (understatement) waiting for new chapters to come out or for the novel to be translated. i wonder if anyone will even bother to read this.....and don't worry know one will hate you. (well maybe just a little lol jk)

Gantz second only to one piece.
Gantz attracted me to it because of the fact that it was about a game and it was all shrouded in mysteries. I was really shocked when on the buddha mission everyone except Kurono dies. That was like my WTF!!!
Old 2009-09-29, 22:52   Link #1785
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

SPOILERS ARE OUT if anyones interested. check em out at mangahelpers
Old 2009-09-30, 18:53   Link #1786
ellifeedn
Thinker

I wonder how the end of the world will play out.
Old 2009-10-01, 07:06   Link #1787
Animecentred

Finally its October, New Gantz :P (and stargate but i digress)

I am hoping to find out if that craft in the cloud was a gantz player or an alien attacker
Old 2009-10-01, 12:47   Link #1788
manga852

just cheacked chapter 305 raw and all I can say is SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIIIIIIIIT!!!!
Old 2009-10-01, 15:15   Link #1789
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by manga852 View Post
just cheacked chapter 305 raw and all I can say is SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIIIIIIIIT!!!!
Yeah...the earth is pretty much doomed.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-10-01, 23:53   Link #1790
Umaibo

Unless I'm missing something, don't you mean 304?

Spoiler for :
Old 2009-10-02, 00:40   Link #1791
manga852

my mistake 304
But I don't really think this guy is the boss usually the boss is the last freak to show up
Old 2009-10-02, 03:03   Link #1792
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Sometimes the first is also the last. Take the Osaka mission for example.
Old 2009-10-02, 04:09   Link #1793
manga852

anybody know who the kid on the train is or is he nobody
Old 2009-10-02, 04:43   Link #1794
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Hahaha

Spoiler:
Old 2009-10-02, 06:23   Link #1795
Telcalipoca

Send a message via MSN to Telcalipoca
finally 1 chapter of gantz follow by a month of waiting

Spoiler for chapter:

Last edited by Telcalipoca; 2009-10-02 at 06:27. Reason: messed up spoiler
Old 2009-10-02, 13:55   Link #1796
Expendable GM Pilot

Why is there an article on that 2012 movie with John Cusack at the end of the chapter?
Old 2009-10-02, 14:46   Link #1797
Shibs

Lol, at the beggining of the chapter I wasn't feeling anything at all, IMO Gantz' author shouldn't colour anymore
But when it got to the end of the chapter, especially in the end with the robot letting the smokes out I finally started to feel what I felt with Gantz, this adrenaline... Just too cool
Old 2009-10-02, 20:53   Link #1798
ellifeedn
Thinker

I wonder how many points you would need to get one of those robot things.
Old 2009-10-05, 17:49   Link #1799
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
meh, Gantz used to be so good... now it's gone waaaay too bananas.
So Nishi came back to life and after few missions he says that there's "end of the world" clock and he forgot to mention it sooner as it was too soon I guess Oo

I know that secret organisation and God might sound epic, but I rather have aliens or monster being unwillingly on earth and Gantz being just some machine that eradicates them - cool with it being handmade, but why end the world and stuff...

I hope it'll get better. The end of series covered in mystery should give some anwsers instead giving more questions, because that's like creating more plotholes - becasue a question is like a hole and unawsered question about plot is a plothole.
Old 2009-10-07, 08:08   Link #1800
Animecentred

Okay, so i am gonna go out on a limb here and say that the attacking adroaliens are who gave the fat retard girl her visions. My latest theory is the aliens basically just wanted a clear planet and gave them what they needed to get rid of teh more troublesome aliens already there.