AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-18, 10:09   Link #1781
ion475
にこにこにー

Repachage draw coming up, with groups announcement starting 2440 JST and every 5 mins after that.

Will update as draws come in.

Group 1:
R1: Katyusha/Koneko/Teru
R2: Rikka
R3: Miho
(Pretty much it's Rikka v. Miborin. I'm picking Miborin to win)

Group 2:
R1: Awai/Mihoko
R2: Sawa
R3: Maho
(Picking Sawa to win...this group is relatively weak)

Group 3:
R1: Kirino/TOSHINO KYOUKO
R2: Arata
R3: Ryuuka
(Kirino is done LOL...TOSHINO KYOUKO doesn't have the easiest path but Saki overall is not what it was either)

Group 4:
R1: Miura Azusa/Uiharu
R2: Sakurako
R3: Yoshino
(The weakest group so far, Yoshino actually has a chance LOL. Picking Uiharu)

Group 5:
R1: Futaba Aoi/Chiho
R2: Subara
R3: Azuki Azusa
(Chi-chan v. Azuki Azusa final most likely. Picking Azuki Azusa)

Group 6:
R1: Haruka/Yozora
R2: Tsukiko
R3: Toki
(Ogura Yui final...what can I say...picking Tsukiko)

Group 7:
R1: Akane/Madoka
R2: Kuroko
R3: Chitanda
(Poor Chitanda...Madoka shouldn't have any problem against her)

Group 8:
R1: Takane/Akiko
R2: Yuu
R3: Akarin
(Akarin being the favorite against Yuu)

Last edited by ion475; 2013-10-18 at 11:18.
Old 2013-10-18, 11:01   Link #1782
Subayai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Group 1:
R1: Katsusha/Koneko/Teru
R2: Rikka
R3: Miho
Probably Rikka vs Miho in the final. Looking forward to it. I like Rikka too but I'll be rooting for Nishizumi-dono. I think Rikka will be a very tough opponent but at least it's not Madoka.
Old 2013-10-18, 11:18   Link #1783
Hachiko
The Akita

Sorry Eru fans, this may be the end of the line here come Nov. 2. Sayaka, then potentially Madoka? Talk about a double kill!
Old 2013-10-18, 11:26   Link #1784
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Group 1: Definitely Rikka vs Miho. Go for Nishizumi-dono, of course.
Group 2: Weak group. Maho vs Sawa is more or less competitive enough.
Group 3: Toshinou Kyouko vs Ryuuka. Pick: Ryuuka.
Group 4: Yoshino I guess
Group 5: Chiho vs Azusa. Chi-chan is one of my favorites this year so of course I'll pick her.
Group 6: Tsukiko vs Toki. Toki might not be as strong as before but it might be enough for her to win this.
Group 7: Madoka vs Chitanda. Can I dream for Chitanda's win?... Who am I kidding Chitanda couldn't even handle Sayaka so how the hell can she stop Madoka?
Group 8: Yuu vs Akari. I'll pick Yuu here.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2013-10-18, 11:39   Link #1785
hinakatbklyn

Repchange guessing:

(1) Tough match to call..... Miho had more tough matches than Rikka, although may have gotten alittle help from the PMMM's. She was close to winning against Ayase and eliminating Madoka which should give her an advantage. But Rikka appears stronger against non-PMMM opponents. (I would rather support Katyusha or Koneko) Close Prediction: Rikka

(2) I would say Sawa and Maho both drew a lucky group. Sawa was the closest to winning against Watashi. Any other day, Maho would have lost to Nodoka. Was lucky to face her when Saki started to get weaker. Sawa appears stronger, but Maho gets a boost from winning against Nodoka and having Tomoka already in the top 16. Sincere Supporting: Maho / Close prediction: Maho

(3) Toshino Kyouko, Arata and Ryuuka in Group D, again in repchange? Interesting. Basing my decision on how strong..... or weak Saki has become. Supporting: Kyouko / Prediction: Kyouko

(4) Not a very strong group. Uiharu, Sakurako and Yoshino all have a chance to reach the top 16. Split support: Uiharu > Yoshino / Close prediction: Uiharu (That is if Railgun supporters are still active)

(5) Could be the only group where I could make a definite prediction. Kirame isn't really the strongest Saki rep and has to contend with Saki weakening in general. Chiho... I would be OK with her winning, but doesn't appear strong enough. Azuki however has been very strong against all non-PMMM opponents (until her match against Sakura Kyouko). Sincere supporting: Azuki / Prediction: Azuki

(6) Hmmm..... Saki may have gotten weaker in general, but I'm not so sure Toki is affected yet. It helps Toki that she has a seiyuu split with her strongest competition, Tsukiko. Yozora may be strong, but I'm not so convinced she could beat both Tsukiko and Toki. Sincere supporting: Tsukiko / Close prediction: Toki

(7) Someone was going to have to face Madoka. Unfortunately, it is one of the stronger challengers among the group runnerups, Eru. Already seen how Eru fared against Sayaka. I doubt the results will change. Supporting: Eru / Prediction: Madoka

(8) Yu Matsumi appears stronger than Akari, but right now I only gave Toki the benefit of the doubt concerning Saki getting weaker. Supporting: Akari / Close prediction: Akari
Old 2013-10-18, 11:50   Link #1786
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Poor, poor Eru. Drawing the only Madoka girl in repechage after facing a Madoka girl in the Block H finals. Yeah, this is the end of the line for Eru. Sad, since she's definitely one of the 10 most moe girls in this tournament, imo.

As for the other groups, I'm pulling for Rikka, Sawa, and Saki girls, but I think most of the matches will go against me here. I think YuruYuri and GuP are probably going to storm back.
Old 2013-10-18, 16:07   Link #1787
Hachiko
The Akita

I officially declare Repechage Group 1 the Group of Death. Anyone in agreeance?
Old 2013-10-18, 16:35   Link #1788
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
I officially declare Repechage Group 1 the Group of Death. Anyone in agreeance?
That title is probably better reserved for Group7, as it's most likely that Madoka is pretty much going to "kill" the competition.
Old 2013-10-18, 17:33   Link #1789
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There is death and then there is murder.
Old 2013-10-18, 17:41   Link #1790
Triple_R
*Author

If there was one other strong girl in Madoka/Eru's group, I'd call it a Group of Death. As is, it's just Eru getting really unlucky.
Old 2013-10-18, 18:06   Link #1791
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
That title is probably better reserved for Group7, as it's most likely that Madoka is pretty much going to "kill" the competition.
I asked the same question at ISML.com and one of them says it's Group 8. Let's just say we're divided on this.
Old 2013-10-18, 20:09   Link #1792
iamadooddood
NOM.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_of_death

Some definitions of "group of death" allow for more than one group to be given the label, so why not group 1 and... another group. (The only group I can identify to be a group of death is group 1, unfortunately.)

EDIT: Oh, and the vote counter works nicely so far. It counts in fake votes, right?

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.

Last edited by iamadooddood; 2013-10-18 at 21:19.
Old 2013-10-18, 20:27   Link #1793
ion475
にこにこにー

I personally don't even find Group 1 to be "Group of Death"...I mean, it's clear that Rikka and Miborin will face off with each other in the final.

If not for Saki going way down, Group 3 would have been a little bit of Group of Death, but since Saki is not what it was. And even then, Arata has never been Tier 1 girl anyway.

At the end, we don't have anything close to Group B in the main tournament. Group 7, well, if only someone like Rikka is there instead of Kuroko then it would have been a group of death.
Old 2013-10-18, 21:14   Link #1794
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
I personally don't even find Group 1 to be "Group of Death"...I mean, it's clear that Rikka and Miborin will face off with each other in the final.
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. "Two strong girls in this group, so one's getting eliminated for sure" doesn't make a group of death, imo. To be a group of death, you need at least three strong girls in it. None of these groups have three strong girls in it, imo. Not given Saki's decline.
Old 2013-10-18, 21:22   Link #1795
iamadooddood
NOM.

@ion475 and Triple_R: According to the definition on Wikipedia, that's what a Group of Death is: one where the number of strong competitors (2) is greater than the number of qualifying places (1). (It's just that for most cases it's 3 and 2 respectively.) Now imagine a group identical to the repechage groups, except that it has 3 girls instead of 4. Would you call that group a Group of Death or not?

Also, Chuu2 is also going down as far as I'm concerned, but both Saki and Chuu2 still have at least a bit of strength left.

Old 2013-10-18, 21:33   Link #1796
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Picks for Repechage:

Group 1 - Miho Nishizumi
Group 2 - no pick
Group 3 - Kyouko Toshinou
Group 4 - Azusa Miura
Group 5 - Azusa Azuki
Group 6 - Tsukiko Tsutsukakushi
Group 7 - Madoka Kaname
Group 8 - Akari Akaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
"Say hello to Madoka for me if you meet her there."
Looks like I no, Sayaka called it.
Old 2013-10-18, 22:07   Link #1797
iamadooddood
NOM.

Looking at the repechage again, each "group" is actually a knockout tournament where certain girls have byes to round 2 or 3, not an actual group, so the term "group of death" was actually invalid to begin with; it'd have seen better use in the earlier main draw, such as Ayase/Madoka/Homura in round 2. Ironically, no one used "group of death" there...

Old 2013-10-18, 23:37   Link #1798
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Ding! Board is done!

Spoiler for The R Board:

Picking...
1-- Rikka
2-- Maho
3-- Kyouko
4-- Sakurako
5-- Azusa
6-- Yozora
7-- Madoka
8-- \Akari~in!/
Old 2013-10-19, 05:59   Link #1799
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Looking at the repechage again, each "group" is actually a knockout tournament where certain girls have byes to round 2 or 3, not an actual group, so the term "group of death" was actually invalid to begin with; it'd have seen better use in the earlier main draw, such as Ayase/Madoka/Homura in round 2. Ironically, no one used "group of death" there...
The whole Group B is a giant Group of Death LOL...

I mean, Round 1 you have Madoka v. Akiyama-dono, then in Round 2 you have the Ayase v. Madoka v. Homura match on one side, and Kuro v. Kud + Miho v. Ako on the other. Kuro face off against Miho next...(Remember, Saki was still going strong when all the Group B matchups happen...). In short, you have GuP's two strongest girls, MadoMagi's two strongest girls, and two Saki girls that look really good in prelim along with the like of Kud and Ayase...
Old 2013-10-19, 08:13   Link #1800
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
And what if the admins are cracking down on real cheating? Did Biribiri really lose to Nodoka? Did IkaMusume really lose to Shinka?
Almost forgot...

"True, that is a possibility. However, two coincidences at the same time seems more like a "pattern" to me." -The Judge, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

I doubt Saki would've been able to win like they did last year had they been cheating. They'd have been caught quickly. In addition, all those troubles started around the time Ayase knocked out both Homura and Madoka. That was when Saki started weakening (same goes for Chuu2). Besides, they did dominate other years they were eligible in, only that 2012 was the only year their dominance bore fruit.

Only time will tell what will happen.

On a side note: The admins might actually let MadoMagi win, in order to throw us off as to their true intentions (and then rig their votes next year). Anyone considered that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
Ding! Board is done!

Spoiler for The R Board:
I like how they arranged the dates of the matches.

I'll try picking again, but I have absolutely no confidence in my picks:
  1. Miho
  2. Maho
  3. Kyouko
  4. - (I hope it's Yoshino (DAL's last chance), but Sakurako looks just as strong)
  5. Azusa
  6. - (Toki may have weakened, but she's still not that weak; she should at least put up a good fight against Tsukiko)
  7. Madoka
  8. Akari

Closed Thread

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament