Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-07-02, 14:38   Link #1821
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Let's take also note that Sota was the only one Meteora did not lob a subtle (or not so subtle) insult at during her recap.

Actually, since she plans to stay in the "real world" and has methods of permanently stealing powers from other creations, offing her creator removed a threat for her of getting depowered from outside. So it makes sense.
\o/ At this point, the ship's all but sailing tbh.

I see your point, but Magane's perspective is also a double-edged sword. Sure, she prevented herself from being tampered with via outside interference, but she also stopped herself from being updated as well. Not only that, but in the event she does get sent back to her world (very likely), she basically forced her world into stagnancy because it'll never progress beyond whatever point it is at currently.

For example, lets say that her creator set the story in a fictional Tokyo, does that mean there are no other regions or cities existing there until he pens them in? Or do they already exist and simply need to be penned in for readers/viewers to know that they're there.

Tl;Dr, if one sets the story in a particular place, are the creations also confined to that one area, or to them, a literal entire fictional world exists and the creator only needs to mention other places when the story demands it?

Kinda like unlocking new areas in an RPG. To the characters in-game, they know there's an entire world there, but to the player, they can only see/explore areas that are available to them and have to wait until the next area is unlocked (in this case, by the author).
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-02, 15:41   Link #1822
magnuskn

Oh, I agree that it is a double-edged sword. OTOH, Magane strikes me as the chaotic evil risktaker who just wants to see the world burn (i.e. the Joker from The Dark Knight Rises), who would take this risk to see her more immediate goals realized.

As for the rest of the world existing outside of the immediate area of her story, since her world was so similar to ours (they got cellphones, they even pay in Yen), I'd assume that it'd be fine. The world would be roughly similar to ours by memetic association. The question would be if anything as extraordinary as she and the real protagonists would even exist outside of her immediate story area.
Old 2017-07-02, 16:12   Link #1823
Random14

Yeah, up until this episode I didn't realize Yuya was such a dark character, considering the way he talks and apparently still considers the main character of his story a friend (despite killing that guy's sister). Maybe he's just a well-intentioned extremist and it was necessary (the summary does mention that he's trying to bring order to their region), or he really doesn't see killing someone's sister as a friendship-ending offense (maybe he had a good or at least necessary reason for it, who knows). Wouldn't be the first series where the main antagonist is obsessed with the protagonist.

I do wonder if the fictional worlds move only according to the published works or if they just move along the "natural" route once they're established. We know the Creations are influenced by public perception (Selesia's temporary power-up and all) but that was also the first time they managed to change things on purpose. Like if there's nothing outside the main character's setting and until now the Creations just hadn't noticed, or if its already all there but the novels just didn't mention it. Not sure if the series will contend with questions like that (survival is more important right now).
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-02, 16:31   Link #1824
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Oh, I agree that it is a double-edged sword. OTOH, Magane strikes me as the chaotic evil risktaker who just wants to see the world burn (i.e. the Joker from The Dark Knight Rises), who would take this risk to see her more immediate goals realized.

As for the rest of the world existing outside of the immediate area of her story, since her world was so similar to ours (they got cellphones, they even pay in Yen), I'd assume that it'd be fine. The world would be roughly similar to ours by memetic association. The question would be if anything as extraordinary as she and the real protagonists would even exist outside of her immediate story area.
I wish she'd be the joker, because then there would be batman to put her into arkham.
And we'D have the perfect solution for Altair too - because no matter who the enemy is, the answer is always: Batman

As for Meteora's recap it was jsut epic.
We get a glimpse of her second form, who can apparently use attack magic too. Oh and she changed complexion so she likely went into a nuclear power plant on meltdown to save people from in there. (Kudos if you get the anime/VN reference).

Especially the part about Altair looking like a cleaning mop and her design being there to make the animators job a pain was epic lol.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-02, 17:01   Link #1825
magnuskn

Yeah, I loved this episode so much as well.

Sadly, I did not get the reference, so no bonus points. Which anime was that?
Old 2017-07-02, 17:08   Link #1826
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:

That's actually the perfect way to describe her tbh. She also seems like the type that may not necessarily fear death. She strikes me as the kind of character that wants to have fun and lives solely for that reason. So even if she were to die as consequence/repercussion of her fun, she'd be content with it.

That's actually a good point, characters living in worlds comparable in design and setting to the real one should more or less have a complete world even if the author doesn't necessarily explore any places outside the setting itself.

But what about characters like Selesia whose world is mostly created from scratch? (probably incorporating elements from I'm assuming Medieval Europe) The author himself would need to completely craft and describe this world in detail to the readers because they'd have no real idea of how he envisions his world to be.

Normally, with settings similar to reality, the author doesn't need to devote too much to exposition because the reader would already be familiar with the concept of the setting, whereas with worlds built from scratch, the author needs to create cultures, give exposition and such. (Just like how Selesia noted that there aren't any stories in her world and Matsubara promised to include some in future volumes.)
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2017-07-02, 17:18   Link #1827
magnuskn

Yeah, of course Selesia's world needs an active creator. It might be that a more limited lore on geography is acceptable in that case, since her world specifically is a medieval style fantasy. However, the existance of giant magi-mecha could also mean that the world has been fully explored and hence a larger canon would be necessary.

But I really don't see the danger of Selesia offing Matsubara. Charon, OTOH... ^^
Old 2017-07-02, 17:19   Link #1828
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Btw, who do you think will die next?

Creator: Selesia's creator, Takashi Matsubara. He will be killed by Charon.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-02, 17:22   Link #1829
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
Btw, who do you think will die next?

Creator: Selesia's creator, Takashi Matsubara. He will be killed by Charon.
Oof. I actually don't want any of the good guys to die, since I like them all quite a bit. Matsubara would of course be a real hit to the group.

I kinda expect the Code Babylon writer/artist to turn out to be a traitor, though. ^^
Old 2017-07-02, 18:04   Link #1830
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

The first to die on the hero side is most likely going to be Mirokuji. I just have this gut feeling he's gonna go down in the most badass way possible.
Old 2017-07-02, 18:16   Link #1831
magnuskn

Yeah, admittedly he is about on the top of the list for me as well, given how he lost Hangaku and kinda seems in a bad mindspace about the whole deal.
Old 2017-07-03, 03:05   Link #1832
ReddyRedWolf

You could say inside Meteora there is a Hot Librarian waiting to be unleashed. Considering Sota is the only one she didn't bash...

Anyway one of the Anons in 4chan compared Black Meteora to Chloe (Kuro) von Einsbern which is probably apt. White Meteora is the Ego while Black Meteora is the Id. Plus she is a game side character like Illya that does not have her own route.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-03, 07:39   Link #1833
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
The first to die on the hero side is most likely going to be Mirokuji. I just have this gut feeling he's gonna go down in the most badass way possible.
Please no... he and Magane are my favorites
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-03, 07:42   Link #1834
RDNexus

Magane should drop dead. She's a bitch, needs to die.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-03, 07:48   Link #1835
DemonneoPT

That's why i like her so much. She trolls everyone xD
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-03, 09:17   Link #1836
Alf

If they're planning to redeem Altair then Magane isn't likely to die soon. And Hiroe is probably having a lot of fun with her.

Now with that setting, I'm suspecting that curse of Hangaku is why Mirokuji killed a friend's sister.....
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-03, 14:19   Link #1837
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
Please no... he and Magane are my favorites
Well, I arrived at this conclusion via process of elimination. Meteora is safe because she's the pillar of the hero side, meaning she can't die (at least not until the end of the anime). Selesia already had a major death flag with the stab through the gut, so she should be fine for awhile. Kanoya hasn't made any major contributions to the hero side so far, so he's safe until he actually does something noteworthy for the hero side.

Thus, Mirokuji is the only logical choice when it comes to someone dying on the hero team. He's made contributions to the team and has battled/has personal grudges with two of the antagonist characters. Also, having lost Hangaku does raise a death flag for him, so we'll see how that pans out.

He's also one of my fave characters, but right now, he's the only realistic choice among the hero team to die first. If it's any consolation, I do see him going out in style like a complete badass.
Old 2017-07-03, 14:47   Link #1838
magnuskn

He's also the most hot-headed member of Team Meteora and the most prone to making stupid unforced errors due to said hot-headedness.
Old 2017-07-03, 15:02   Link #1839
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^Pretty much. Basically, his death flag is flying the highest on his team right now. Plot and his own characterization seem to be against him atm.
Old 2017-07-04, 22:58   Link #1840
xizro345
King's Justice

Episode 14 preview:

xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning