AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-19, 22:34   Link #1841
maplehurry

I blame Elen for being so pushy on Reiji. She kept telling him "YOU CAN'T KILL HER !". So Reiji's just like "FINE I CAN AND WILL DO IT !" Reverse psychology...
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 23:32   Link #1842
Arkard

Gah. Despite the blow of having Cal die, this episode was extremely well done. Poor Cal at least realized that Reiji cared about her and was able to die in peace. I am glad they both realized they were idiots and that each contributed to their tragedy.

Cal was at least given solace in knowing that she never lost Reiji and died with what she had truly wanted all along, to be alone with the person she cared about and who cared about her in return. I think Mentar rightly pointed out that she was intent on dying that night. In a sense, she would have been okay with murdering her perceived "replacement" and dying soon after. Her death could've been much worse.

Of course, now the ass who was responsible for twisting Cal's fragile emotional state MUST DIE!
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 01:25   Link #1843
Weils

Spoilers for ep 26:

Some screenshots, but nothing too spoilery.

Link: http://phantom-r.at.webry.info/200909/article_11.html
Weils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 02:11   Link #1844
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Definitely have to rewatch this show before the finale.
I also wonder how many times will I watch Sycthe's death scene.
Old 2009-09-20, 06:43   Link #1845
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah blame the producer !!! They fail !!! lol

Damn , Cal was so sad ...

NOW can't wait for scythe's death !!! Viva un painful death !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 09:32   Link #1846
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Well... this is one of the problems I have with the Elen path. The fact that there wasn't even an ATTEMPT throughout the show to explain what happened. Then again, Cal was clearly on her way out, no matter what, and I don't see that she could have been talked out of her revenge. She was about to kill Elen, and _this_ is why Reiji interfered. He felt (correctly) that it was his fault that it came to this (this has also been established in the fantasy world), and he had to be the one to stop Cal after all.

Cal didn't expect to live after this night. She burned her Bugatti. She told the ghostly apparitions that she was about to kill Elen, and then burn out (die). That's what happened.

The farewell in the game was a trace more bitter. The key quote was omitted: "It makes sense that you won. You had something to protect. I had nothing. Nothing at all."

Ah Reiji, you're a jackass. A well-meaning jackass who genuinely cared for Cal, but still a jackass. Mio figured it out without even knowing Cal. Why couldn't you do the same in time?

*sniffles a bit into the hanky* Still, any anime which gets me to tear up is good. And they did a bloody awesome job on this one. Bee Train, I salute you. It's a shame that the show didn't get more publicity.

Ah well, on to the showdown.
Wow.. that is a really important quote they omitted. I guess they didn't include because the reason the anime made for Reiji killing her was correcting his mistake and taking responsibility.

Who was the guy she talked to in the bar though? Did we meet him previously and I can't remember who or is he a VN character they omitted?

I also think it would have been great if Reiji shot Cal in the shoulder and before Cal could fight back Elen gets thrown threw the door by one of Scythe's new phantoms and all three of them fight. And Cal would die in the end from bleeding out at she fought with Reiji. I would have liked that better, even if it didn't fit in well and felt forced.

I couldn't fall asleep last night since my mind was still racing from watching all of this three hours piror. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
Gah. Despite the blow of having Cal die, this episode was extremely well done. Poor Cal at least realized that Reiji cared about her and was able to die in peace. I am glad they both realized they were idiots and that each contributed to their tragedy.

Cal was at least given solace in knowing that she never lost Reiji and died with what she had truly wanted all along, to be alone with the person she cared about and who cared about her in return. I think Mentar rightly pointed out that she was intent on dying that night. In a sense, she would have been okay with murdering her perceived "replacement" and dying soon after. Her death could've been much worse.

Of course, now the ass who was responsible for twisting Cal's fragile emotional state MUST DIE!
I agree. She died the way she would have wanted, in the arms of the man she loved.

There is always truth in Mentar's words.. even when you don't like them.

Oh, I can't wait for Scythe to go either...
Old 2009-09-20, 09:40   Link #1847
X207
Gamyūsa

was there any "good ending" for cal where she survives to understand their mistakes?
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 10:07   Link #1848
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Who was the guy she talked to in the bar though? Did we meet him previously and I can't remember who or is he a VN character they omitted?
Wasn't she the guy she killed during the pocket watch duel in an earlier episode?
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 10:11   Link #1849
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
was there any "good ending" for cal where she survives to understand their mistakes?
Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-20, 10:14   Link #1850
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
Wasn't she the guy she killed during the pocket watch duel in an earlier episode?
Yeah? I didn't think he'd be important enough to show up for something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Spoiler:
And now we know where the dream setting came from. Awesome.
Old 2009-09-20, 11:05   Link #1851
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Cal didn't expect to live after this night. She burned her Bugatti. She told the ghostly apparitions that she was about to kill Elen, and then burn out (die). That's what happened.
i feel the same, this may also explains why she lost to Reiji in her favourite duel, she never wanted to kill him (does Elen alrealdy realised this and planned it this way?)

apart from that, my thoughts after eps 25:

- Elen is very strong but dodging machine gun bullets and killing dozens of them without even a single sweat is a bit too much... this series was never that unrealistic

- what was Mr Shiga thinking? going in even he knew there were 3 Phantoms? he should use the manpower to secretly protect Mio

- i never hated Cal but when she died i do not feel so sad

- so far my prediction of only Reiji and Mio survive is on track, but the preview shows Reiji saying he will keep one last promise, could it be the promise of finding Elen's root? not sure he will do it alone or with Elen (i dont mind my prediction to be wrong )
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 11:14   Link #1852
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
- so far my prediction of only Reiji and Mio survive is on track, but the preview shows Reiji saying he will keep one last promise, could it be the promise of finding Elen's root? not sure he will do it alone or with Elen (i dont mind my prediction to be wrong )
I was thinking the same thing. As much as I don't want it to happen, its a feasible end. And after Elen and Cal are gone, Reiji has to live happily ever after (as much as possible) with Mio (redemption).. otherwise I will hate it.
Old 2009-09-20, 11:18   Link #1853
Lady Orihime

Spoiler for Episode 26/VN/DDT Ending/RTCS Ending:
Lady Orihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 11:23   Link #1854
Spikestrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
- Elen is very strong but dodging machine gun bullets and killing dozens of them without even a single sweat is a bit too much... this series was never that unrealistic
Actually, in episode 21, when Cal killed all those guys, those scenes were much more unrealistic!

Spoiler:
Spikestrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 11:25   Link #1855
Ghostfriendly

Nice to hear so many people recommending talk over violence. Going and shooting somebody because you're too angry to talk to them, or in Reiji's case, too broken to believe it's going to work, is hardly anything new. I don't know what reason Reiji could've given for failing to look for Cal though, other than that his love for her wasn't strong enough to overcome his loss of hope.

Amazingly cool episode, especially with Cal looking up at the sun in that alley, after getting killed. Her voice at the end was so painful; Mio part was suprisingly emotional as well, though its funny she hasn't considered the implications of Elen not being Reji's sister after all. Elen and Reiji never actually have sex though...and, as with Mireille and Kirika in Noir, it makes their love seem purer.

I can believe that enforcers for a normally non-violent Yakuza group would be very rotten shots, but still very impressed with Elen, who should be weaker than Reiji and Cal. She would probably kill Cal by disregarding her own life, so Reiji couldn't let her do that.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 11:41   Link #1856
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
Spoiler:
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 11:42   Link #1857
Manic
real men love pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Orihime View Post
Spoiler for Episode 26/VN/DDT Ending/RTCS Ending:
Spoiler for about the endings:
Old 2009-09-20, 11:49   Link #1858
X207
Gamyūsa