Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2019-03-04, 06:38   Link #18601
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazotoria maid x View Post
i agree with that, we hope in last episode of s3 DAL we can see nia's cameo, itsuka disaster can become 2 episode OVA, and DAL episode 0 can become 2nd Movie
April 9th is far too short for a movie. Itsuka Disaster is probably too long for a two-episode OVA - they'd have to cut a lot out.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go

Last edited by Dark Rose Princess; 2019-03-04 at 06:53.
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-04, 07:03   Link #18602
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
The S3 Twitter is still advertising Date A Live as a whole, and this kind of thing is normal for when a popular LN ends.
I know, but it’s still raking in money. Companies make what gets money, especially when they need to rely on big hits as that article says.
Old 2019-03-04, 22:29   Link #18603
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
According to articles with interviews of the people who do this, disc sales can never hope to cover the cost of making an average 1-cour anime. (about 2 million US dollars). The costs are made up by the big hits, and successful merchandising and advertising.

Disc sales certainly influence sequels and stuff, but as I myself pointed out a series can sell very very well and not get a second season. (again I refer to Hataraku Maou for my primary example)
So what keeps popular series like Hataraku Maou from getting more anime seasons? Did the discs sell below expectations or did the source material's sales fall off? It's certainly not from lack of fan demand.

And by advertising, do you mean fees from advertisers during a show's TV run? Most non-kids anime is aired late at night in Japan (past midnight), so I imagine the advertising revenue from those airings isn't that much, unless you're talking about another kind of advertising.

Quote:
Though, on that last part there, all this goes to show that they don’t need the LN as a crutch; it’s the merchandise/advertising that pays for anime. And DAL merchandise and events sell big time. If the merchandise sales and advertising pay good, they don’t need the LN to be ongoing. If it makes money, making more will always be on the table with or without the base material, and regardless of genre.
That might explain why there's been a spate of anime TV series being made for formerly popular manga/LN series that ended years or decades ago. Too bad that hasn't happened for VN titles, with the exception of Dies Irae, and that one was crowdfunded (why doesn't that happen more often with JP VN titles getting anime adaptations?).

Quote:
Sure thing, happy to help!

Japanese media studies is an interesting course to be studying, I can tell you!
Thanks for the informative reply. So in your view the sales of the source material are the largest factor in whether or not an anime adaptation gets more seasons. Kind of makes me wonder why they didn't act sooner if the DAL LN was doing so well. Or was it because they were waiting until the LN volumes made "enough" money?

Speaking of the DAL LN, why can't the last one or two volumes be delayed while the author writes up side or prequel stories including things like the spirits' Inverse forms or their pasts that haven't appeared or been revealed yet? That way the anime has more time to catch up with more seasons. Kurumi's Inverse form had to appear in a spin-off after all.

Quote:
April 9th is far too short for a movie. Itsuka Disaster is probably too long for a two-episode OVA - they'd have to cut a lot out.
Why not adapt Itsuka Parents as part of the "extra" episode? I'd like to see Kotori's parents in animation.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-05, 04:21   Link #18604
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Thanks for the informative reply. So in your view the sales of the source material are the largest factor in whether or not an anime adaptation gets more seasons. Kind of makes me wonder why they didn't act sooner if the DAL LN was doing so well. Or was it because they were waiting until the LN volumes made "enough" money?

Speaking of the DAL LN, why can't the last one or two volumes be delayed while the author writes up side or prequel stories including things like the spirits' Inverse forms or their pasts that haven't appeared or been revealed yet? That way the anime has more time to catch up with more seasons. Kurumi's Inverse form had to appear in a spin-off after all.
Either enough money or they were waiting until the seies was ending.

And he clearly doesn't want to. The afterwords show that he's always had this complete view of the story he wants to write - and the Inversions aren't in it. You just have to accept that - its his story, not yours.

Quote:
Why not adapt Itsuka Parents as part of the "extra" episode? I'd like to see Kotori's parents in animation.
I've actually already suggested that as an option, yeah.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.

Letting Go

Last edited by Dark Rose Princess; 2019-03-05 at 04:32.
Old 2019-03-05, 07:44   Link #18605
Estzero1

Quote:

And he clearly doesn't want to. The afterwords show that he's always had this complete view of the story he wants to write - and the Inversions aren't in it. You just have to accept that - its his story, not yours.
That's fine. I don't think anyone of us expected to see all Inversions within the story. The only think I'm hoping for is that we will get a glimpse at how the remaining ones would look like. So, I have faith in Tsunako and the artbook, even though this could take a while .

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-05, 10:17   Link #18606
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
That's fine. I don't think anyone of us expected to see all Inversions within the story. The only think I'm hoping for is that we will get a glimpse at how the remaining ones would look like. So, I have faith in Tsunako and the artbook, even though this could take a while .
Oh, absolutely. I'd buy a second artbook in a heartbeat just as I bought the first - Inversions within be damned.

Of course, Tsunako only drew Inverse Yoshino because Tachibana told her what he'd want her to look like, so for any other Inversions to be included, he'd need to do that for them too, but I still hope we'll get to see them. At the very least, we know Inverse Mukuro exists, because she was going to be on V15's cover.

Letting Go
Old 2019-03-05, 23:03   Link #18607
Mazryonh

Quote:
Of course, Tsunako only drew Inverse Yoshino because Tachibana told her what he'd want her to look like, so for any other Inversions to be included, he'd need to do that for them too, but I still hope we'll get to see them. At the very least, we know Inverse Mukuro exists, because she was going to be on V15's cover.
We've had a few spirits get close to going Inverse but never actually make the final step in the main story.

Spoiler for Just in case:
So it's possible that the author had more than just Inverse Tohka and Inverse Origami all plotted out but had to leave them "on the cutting room floor" due to space and/or time constraints.

But if Inverse Mukuro really was supposed to be on Volume 15's cover, that gives me hope she'll appear in an artbook at least. I think I can hazard a guess as to what she might be based on. If the Inverse spirits are supposed to in some ways be the opposite of the regular spirits (as was shown in Date a Bullet), and Mukuro's theme is related to stars, then what's the inverse of a star (an object that gives off its own light on its own power)?

Spoiler for The Answer:
That's my guess as to what Inverse Mukuro might be based on.
Old 2019-03-05, 23:06   Link #18608
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

^Apparently we see Kurumi’s Inverse in volume 3 of DAB.
Old 2019-03-05, 23:06   Link #18609
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
We've had a few spirits get close to going Inverse but never actually make the final step in the main story.
Yes, and that's all Tachibana sees fit to include of them. Get over it.

Quote:
^Apparently we see Kurumi’s Inverse in volume 3 of DAB.
She actually appears for the first time in V2, as 'the White Kurumi', but her identity is confirmed in V3 to be a clone of Kurumi's that Inversed on its own. Kurumi assumes that's what she is, and upon her saying as much, the White Queen confirms it. She dies in that Volume, but V4 all-but-states that she survived somehow (her agents are still active, are still psychotically devoted to her, and speak of her as though she were alive. Kurumi also seems to believe she survived).

Letting Go

Last edited by Dark Rose Princess; 2019-03-06 at 06:59.
Old 2019-03-06, 22:38   Link #18610
Mazryonh

Quote:
She actually appears for the first time in V2, as 'the White Kurumi', but her identity is confirmed in V3 to be a clone of Kurumi's that Inversed on its own. Kurumi assumes that's what she is, and upon her saying as much, the White Queen confirms it. She dies in that Volume, but V4 all-but-states that she survived somehow (her agents are still active, are still psychotically devoted to her, and speak of her as though she were alive. Kurumi also seems to believe she survived).
So if the clones can sport different appearances from the original Kurumi, maybe this White Queen is just a different version of the Inverse form the original might take. Still wish Tsunako had been the one to design Inverse Kurumi instead though.

How well is DAB selling anyway compared to the main novel?
Old 2019-03-07, 01:33   Link #18611
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

The teaser for Ren Dystopia is up on the VN homepage.
Old 2019-03-07, 02:25   Link #18612
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
So if the clones can sport different appearances from the original Kurumi, maybe this White Queen is just a different version of the Inverse form the original might take. Still wish Tsunako had been the one to design Inverse Kurumi instead though.

How well is DAB selling anyway compared to the main novel?
That is not what the afterword implies, no. There is another clone in the novel with her own personality, Cistus, who does gain her own Astral Dress, but the afterword to DAB3 refers to the White Queen as though she were the real Inverse Kurumi.

Not as well, but decently. Generally DAL posts high in the top ten for its week of release, and DAB posts low top ten. Still in there, though.

Quote:
Ooh! Thanks for the heads up!

Letting Go
Old 2019-03-07, 05:18   Link #18613
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

https://yande.re/post/show/523787
Old 2019-03-07, 08:23   Link #18614
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Oh, hey, we got the first poster!
About time, considering it was announced around October.

Letting Go
Old 2019-03-07, 23:21   Link #18615
Mazryonh

Quote:
Here, let me make it easier for everyone.

The intro for this game is being sung by sweet ARMS again.
Old 2019-03-08, 04:35   Link #18616
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Here, let me make it easier for everyone.

The intro for this game is being sung by sweet ARMS again.
We know. It's Kangen Yuuwaku Receptor, and was posted several pages ago (not with the vid though, mind).

Letting Go

Last edited by Dark Rose Princess; 2019-03-08 at 14:57.
Old 2019-03-09, 08:18   Link #18617
AP24

Just found out that Reine's VA was also listed as Phantom's voice in Rinne Utopia. Why bother hide the name of the VA who voices Phantom in the anime then.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-09, 08:40   Link #18618
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Just found out that Reine's VA was also listed as Phantom's voice in Rinne Utopia. Why bother hide the name of the VA who voices Phantom in the anime then.
No clue what they were thinking back then, but I like how they handled this in the Anime.
There aren't this many oppurtunities to use a method like this. Also, you can work the anime onlys with this. We as LN reader knew the answer, so it's a fine addition overall.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-09, 18:42   Link #18619
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Assuming my bad kanji skills aren’t failing me, Date A Live has broken 6,000,000 copies sold.

*applause*
Old 2019-03-09, 19:01   Link #18620
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Assuming my bad kanji skills aren’t failing me, Date A Live has broken 6,000,000 copies sold.

*applause*
Eyyyy! Congratulations, Tachibana!

Letting Go

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy