AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2016-10-13, 02:26   Link #18641
Ryoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Originally, they were only there for 1 hour and can be done many times before disappearing. They will appear at the times that can be found in the event map, currently the ones in the sky. However, DW's servers couldn't handle the influx of people going in to do the quests when they come out and it caused a lot of maintenance and crashing. So they changed it to the current method. They'll appear at the times indicated from the map, stay there until the end of the event and can only be done once.
Dang, that sounds harsh. Well at least they gave it a try I guess...

Oh, and does the following on cirnopedia have any significance?

Gathering Pumpkin Lanterns:
You must have 「Halloween Petit Devil」 equipped while doing Guerrilla Quests!

Gathering Mischievous Bats:
You must have 「Maid in Halloween」 or 「Halloween Arrangement」 equipped while doing Party Time Quests!

Gathering Sweet Candles:
You must have 「Halloween Princess」 or 「Jack-O'-Lantern」 equipped while doing Free Quests!

Each of those CEs are for different currencies, but they say each type of currency is exclusive to use on certain types of quests?

So am I suppose to only farm for Pumpkins during Guerrilla quests, Bats during Party Time quests and Candles during free quests?
Ryoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-13, 02:30   Link #18642
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

anyone playing Chinese FGO here? i started a new life there

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-13, 02:32   Link #18643
Kakurin
大佐

Damn, NP5 Saber four hours after the game went online. Whales exist in China too.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-10-13, 02:37   Link #18644
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoshi View Post

You must have 「Maid in Halloween」 or 「Halloween Arrangement」 equipped while doing Party Time Quests!

Gathering Sweet Candles:
You must have 「Halloween Princess」 or 「Jack-O'-Lantern」 equipped while doing Free Quests!

Each of those CEs are for different currencies, but they say each type of currency is exclusive to use on certain types of quests?

So am I suppose to only farm for Pumpkins during Guerrilla quests, Bats during Party Time quests and Candles during free quests?
That's correct. Candles drop everywhere in the free quests so that's why. The higher nodes just drop more.

Gorilla quests have pumpkin enemies, so that's why you need to equip Petit Devil. If you didn't notice, enemies with a pumpkin head will have a chance to drop pumpkins and only from them. 40AP node always has a guaranteed pumpkin head in the last wave so that's the best place to farm pumpkins.

Party Time quests only have Servants as enemies and they only drop bats so that's why you need to equip Maid in Halloween and/or Halloween Arrangement in them.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-13, 03:03   Link #18645
Kakurin
大佐

Playing the Chinese version is really nostalgic. Trouble adding friends due to everybody being so low-leveled that they are immediately maxed out on slots. Level 40-50 servants being uber-powerful. Rushing through maps with a berserker.

They also are encouraging people to buy quartz with some one-time offers. Like five quartz for 1 RMB, or the biggest pack, 194 quartz for 518 RMB (about 80 USD).
Old 2016-10-13, 03:10   Link #18646
larethian

Wish DW has that kind of deals.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-13, 03:10   Link #18647
Ryoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
Playing the Chinese version is really nostalgic. Trouble adding friends due to everybody being so low-leveled that they are immediately maxed out on slots. Level 40-50 servants being uber-powerful. Rushing through maps with a berserker.

They also are encouraging people to buy quartz with some one-time offers. Like five quartz for 1 RMB, or the biggest pack, 194 quartz for 518 RMB (about 80 USD).
Goddamn... so when do we get to buy quartz in packages like that?
194 for 80 USD? I feel like I'm getting ripped off already...
Old 2016-10-13, 03:10   Link #18648
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

Quote:
Damn, NP5 Saber four hours after the game went online. Whales exist in China too.

Images
i've use that guy as a support.

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-13, 03:23   Link #18649
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

I heard the Chinese version can run in an emulator. Makes me wonder if I can use my account in that app version.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-13, 03:23   Link #18650
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Wish DW has that kind of deals.
Quote:
Goddamn... so when do we get to buy quartz in packages like that?
194 for 80 USD? I feel like I'm getting ripped off already...
These packs can be bought once, kind of a deal to start off the game. Don't know how much the regular quartz packs right now since the interface is full of those packs. The total offers are:

5 quartz for 1 RMB
6 quartz for 25 RMB (4 USD)
20 quartz for 78 RMB (12 USD)
47 quartz for 158 RMB (24 USD)
88 quartz for 258 RMB (40 USD)
194 quartz for 518 RMB (80 USD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCholesterol View Post
anyone playing Chinese FGO here? i started a new life there
What's your ID?

Oh, and while I knew that they got Chen Kun (who's a big star actor in China) to represent the game I didn't know they used him to cosplay as Emiya.

Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
I heard the Chinese version can run in the emulator. Makes me wonder if I can use my account in that app version.
Yes, it runs on emulator (version 1.8.6), using it on MEmu right now. And no, you can't use your JP account there, it's a different version after all. I don't even know if you can bind the account there. Think it uses a different system where your account is tied to another service you register on when starting the game the first time.
Old 2016-10-13, 03:26   Link #18651
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Yes, it runs on emulator (version 1.8.6), using it on MEmu right now. And no, you can't use your JP account there, it's a different version after all.
So the Chinese app relies in their own server then? They have their own events and such?

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-13, 03:28   Link #18652
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:

Gathering Sweet Candles:

I think "must" is a misuse of the word either by whoever originally wrote it or by the translator. You don't have to use Pumpkin-dropping CEs on the Guerilla Quests, and you don't have to use Bat-dropping CEs on the Party Quests. They just recommend that you do, since those are the most likely quests to drop Pumpkins and Bats respectively.

Speaking of Bats, rolled three times in the gacha and got three 3* CEs. But, at least all of them can be put to use as something other than Mana Prisms, and one of them was an event CE. Having an automatic starting taunt could make for some good strategy, and I guess one extra Bat per bundle per fight isn't a bad thing...

EDIT: Just realized Halloween Arrangement is a 4*. So two 3* CEs (Tron Bike and Jewel Sword Zelretch) and a 4*. Still no Servant.
Old 2016-10-13, 03:34   Link #18653
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
So the Chinese app relies in their own server then? They have their own events and such?
Yes, they have their own servers run by Bilibili (a big video hoster in China). Whether they have their own events, I don't think so. What's currently running is the Servant Classes Event like at the start of JP.
Old 2016-10-13, 03:35   Link #18654
Ryoshi

I rolled 3 yolos for the pumpkin CE... I ended up getting the old Halloween Mashu CE and NP3'd Arjuna...

Out of quartz and not gonna get any till late Oct though. I hope most of the old Halloween CEs will be useful in the second event.
Still need pumpkins though... I feel kinda dumb for prioritizing a first Tama CE over the lore...
Old 2016-10-13, 03:38   Link #18655
Nemesis

Hmm, hopefully part 2 of this event is short, like the 9 days of Summer Event part 2, cause while the 18 days we have now is very relaxing for part 1, I hope that they don't have something so long it eats into late November, which is when the Nobunaga event started.

Also would kind of want a break for real before yet another event.
Old 2016-10-13, 03:47   Link #18656
Cicili

Quote:
The Chinese servers are online since 11:00 Chinese time. And yes, the current APK works on emulators, have confirmed it myself on MEmu. But I don't like the font they chose, it's strange.

Images

But hey, I can actually read the story now since I know Mandarin.
Maybe i should download it too if the IOS version comes out.

I'm not sure if i want to read the story though. From what i heard, it's a lot of reading.
Cicili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-13, 03:51   Link #18657
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicili View Post
Maybe i should download it too if the IOS version comes out.

I'm not sure if i want to read the story though. From what i heard, it's a lot of reading.
iOS version is out. Not sure if I recommend installing it on a device that has the JP version already though. A friend of mine yesterday accidently installed the Chinese APK when trying to update the Japanese one on his Android tablet and then couldn't update or install the Japanese one afterwards. Had to do a factory reset.
Old 2016-10-13, 04:17   Link #18658
Cicili

Quote:
iOS version is out. Not sure if I recommend installing it on a device that has the JP version already though. A friend of mine yesterday accidently installed the Chinese APK when trying to update the Japanese one on his Android tablet and then couldn't update or install the Japanese one afterwards. Had to do a factory reset.
Then i guess Chinese version wouldn't be such a good idea. Maybe on my spare phones.

Setting up a China Itunes account is also a bit troublesome. Maybe when i've got nothing else better to do.

You do seem quite hyped about the Chinese version which i find quite surprising. At least more hyped than the Hong Kong guy here who is Chinese....kinda. (You know HK, we have a bit of an identity crisis)
Cicili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-13, 04:22   Link #18659
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicili View Post
You do seem quite hyped about the Chinese version which i find quite surprising. At least more hyped than the Hong Kong guy here who is Chinese....kinda. (You know HK, we have a bit of an identity crisis)
I'm not really hyped, just going around testing it out, having some fun with the nostalgia.

I do have an issue with the font though, the font change is pretty unnecessary and bad.
Old 2016-10-13, 04:45   Link #18660
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
I'm not really hyped, just going around testing it out, having some fun with the nostalgia.

I do have an issue with the font though, the font change is pretty unnecessary and bad.
I can't even read most kanji (or I guess hanzi in this case), and even I can tell that font is carcinogenic.

Tags
fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon