AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2016-10-19, 16:28   Link #18961
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I like the white dress. I like the idea of how the further they go into their ascension, the closer they get to their older appearance.

Which isn't a hard rule in this game but eh.
I never thought about it that way before, and I was almost convinced until I remembered Elizabeth and Tamamo Cat. Ain't no way their older appearances are as pop-idols and naked-aprons.

Quote:
I think that is an issue everyone has the ascended looks of the servants had been something most either complain about or wish could have been more uniform across the different classes. But it is what you get when you have more than a single artist working on over 100+ characters and giving each one 3 different forms.
I don't have a problem with it per se, I think of them as pleasant surprises. (Though nothing is as surprising as Mary and Anne. The artist just made a hard right.)

Quote:
I do think that the best ascensions are the ones where the servant either adds to or changes their clothe into something cooler, rather than just take their clothe off and be more revealing to be hotter. I feel the latter actually reduces how attractive they are meant to look, but I guess to me more skin !=! More sexy.
More skin definitely does not mean more sexy, but skin is definitely sexier than no skin. Or else Berserkerlot is the smexiest servant in the game
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 17:45   Link #18962
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usspaul View Post
Is there a requirement for the volcano world
Just like the main quest node that shared a spot with Stage 4, it will unlock later. Specifically midnight Japan time. That's why you see a time and date on the node if you try to access it. It is telling you when it will open up, according to the time zone you are in (mine says 10:00am tomorrow, for example).

Expect the same thing at least a couple more times after this.
Old 2016-10-19, 18:59   Link #18963
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
Where did I ever give the impression that he wasn't asked and given the green light to do his work?
No....but saying it's DW fault for having third party artists involved is pushing it since 90% of FGO characters wouldn't exist without them
Old 2016-10-19, 20:49   Link #18964
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I tried once final time, and

meh, down to 11 Quartz again. Oh well, sayonara Cleopatra, it was not meant to be~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
I never thought about it that way before, and I was almost convinced until I remembered Elizabeth and Tamamo Cat. Ain't no way their older appearances are as pop-idols and naked-aprons.
Like I said, it not a hard rule in the game. Which is unfortunate, but what can you do?

Quote:
I don't have a problem with it per se, I think of them as pleasant surprises. (Though nothing is as surprising as Mary and Anne. The artist just made a hard right.)
Well, it sure is surprising for sure, yes

Quote:
More skin definitely does not mean more sexy, but skin is definitely sexier than no skin. Or else Berserkerlot is the smexiest servant in the game
Don't be crazy now.

Babbage is smexiest servant in this game, par none. I-VI has problems drawing humans, but his mech design is on point.

(I'd also argue it's not the skin ratio that make something sexy, but rather the composition and presentation of the image itself. You can have someone in regular clothing and make them appear very alluring and sensual, more so than just going full on stripariffic)
Old 2016-10-19, 21:13   Link #18965
Cicili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Rolled all of my quartz and only got Vlad and a couple of event CEs. I would be normally in despair,but......perhaps not anymore.

After meeting someone in real life who also plays F/GO today, i finally understood.
Maybe there's just nothing worth really worrying or fearing about the gacha in this game.Maybe there's nothing really worth worrying long term in F/GO at all.
I paid for Kancolle for 2 years in spite of all the RNG and quitting ultimately, it was because i liked the game, that it was worth spending on, no matter how much it was really truly worth.
For someone who wants to just get the experience of the game as a journey,i won. I was content. I made it to the end, an ending just for myself,in an endless journey of a game.

My past spending may have had been a mistake in ignorance,but the sentiment wasn't wrong.
Umm im not sure what you are worrying about.Seems like you have seen some kind of light though?

I'm pretty sure ive spent more than you in this game and havent gotten much out of it. Not regretting it.......that much. Im ok with this though since the 1% rates are no secret. I don't know how other people seem to be able to defy the odds ALL the time, but its really obvious from the start that its hell mode gatcha everybody else is playing.

So i cant say i get dissapointed when i spend like $100 and dont get a 5 star servant. It's an obvious huge hole in the ground and im walking into it willingly. (I think the only regret i have is poor life decisions)

And i just play other games to cheer me up when the gatcha in FGO becomes too unbearable. Guaranteed SSRs are a thing in some other games.
Cicili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 21:46   Link #18966
Nemesis

*Civil

Thanks for the concern,but to make things simple.
What I decided was that I still liked the game enough to pay for it, regardless of what I get for paying.The same approach I use for Hearthstone,just with some modifications in the sense of not to expect anything at all,full stop,not even any compensation.

Spoiler for explaination:
Old 2016-10-19, 22:20   Link #18967
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicili View Post
Umm im not sure what you are worrying about.Seems like you have seen some kind of light though?

I'm pretty sure ive spent more than you in this game and havent gotten much out of it. Not regretting it.......that much. Im ok with this though since the 1% rates are no secret. I don't know how other people seem to be able to defy the odds ALL the time, but its really obvious from the start that its hell mode gatcha everybody else is playing.

So i cant say i get dissapointed when i spend like $100 and dont get a 5 star servant. It's an obvious huge hole in the ground and im walking into it willingly. (I think the only regret i have is poor life decisions)

And i just play other games to cheer me up when the gatcha in FGO becomes too unbearable. Guaranteed SSRs are a thing in some other games.
Exactly this. Though there were guaranteed SSRs from the guaranteed gachas.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 22:48   Link #18968
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Farming EXP, and got an idea for a Mana Prism shop CE. Base CE has a 10% chance to double any EXP card that drops. LB CE has a 50% chance. Works like the "hunting" CEs in this event, where the bonus is additive, so two cards would give you a 20% chance, not two separate 10% chances, and two LB cards (one from support, of course) would guarantee 18 EXP cards every time you do the EXP dailies.
Old 2016-10-19, 22:51   Link #18969
McW
Canaan II When?

In short don't use money unless you know you get something back. Alternatively save all your money for Phantom Pain DLC where's no randomness involved.
McW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 23:21   Link #18970
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Finally, Bedi fully ascended.

RIP Void Refuse and Knight Medal.
Old 2016-10-19, 23:32   Link #18971
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Finally, Bedi fully ascended.

RIP Void Refuse and Knight Medal.
Still NP1, though, right?
Old 2016-10-19, 23:40   Link #18972
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Got a Wizard & Priest CE drop in the cave node. That's 200 silvers saved.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 23:50   Link #18973
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Also a reminder that Cleopatra is actually of Greek Macedonian (like Broskandar) ancestry. Hence the skin color. (seen ppl complaining that she is not brown like Ramesses and Nitocris)
Ehh, not to rain anybody's parade but it's not really confirmed she didn't have Egyptian ancestry, in fact, historical evidence suggests she did and might have been one of the causes of the conflict with her brother (old Egyptian royal and noble bloodline trying to get some power over the Macedonian one). Up until her grandfather, there was a 100% Macedonian lineage, after him it's where things get muddled and more mixed. We aren't certain who was her mother, but as matter of fact, Cleopatra spoke Egyptian, unlike her predecessors (who frowned upon this and spoke only Greek) and her daughter sent offerings to respect old Egyptian cults, so it's fairly safe to say her mother belonged to an old Egyptian royal household or at least descended from it. It doesn't mean she'll be dark skinned, but it means she's not going to be some kind of nondescript caucasian girl who shops at Hot Topic without any recognizable Mediterranean features either.

Yeah, I'm upset about her awful design. Mostly, because what is most notorious about Cleopatra's features is missing: her distinctive nose.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-20, 00:16   Link #18974
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Got Cleo and Another End for 6 quartz and...not going to push luck and roll anymore. J Alt gacha really depleted it
Old 2016-10-20, 01:54   Link #18975
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Still NP1, though, right?
So true, LOL.

Looking forward for NP 5 Setsuna Bedi.

Old 2016-10-20, 02:50   Link #18976
usspaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Just like the main quest node that shared a spot with Stage 4, it will unlock later. Specifically midnight Japan time. That's why you see a time and date on the node if you try to access it. It is telling you when it will open up, according to the time zone you are in (mine says 10:00am tomorrow, for example).

Expect the same thing at least a couple more times after this.
thank you, sorry for the really blunt question i was on my phone typing that lol. but thank you again
Old 2016-10-20, 03:31   Link #18977
McW
Canaan II When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
So true, LOL.

Looking forward for NP 5 Setsuna Bedi.

So I'm the only one here with Np3 Castor Cu????
McW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-20, 03:50   Link #18978
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by McW View Post
AFAIK mine is NP3 too.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-20, 03:56   Link #18979
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McW View Post
LOL, I'm NP 3 too.

Worst is Geronimo, he's NP 6 IIRC.

Old 2016-10-20, 04:04   Link #18980
MartianMage

Took a long time to get from the FP gacha... but yeah bronze farming...

Still no angry manjew though.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon