AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-12-15, 17:33   Link #1881
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

There are several nerfs (Icebound Fortitude down from 50% redux to 20%, Shadow of Death duration shorter and multi-rune nerf among other things) though the overall notes give more buffs and balancing. The Rune Strike change is nice for tanks, but as DPS it's the reverse of what I want.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 17:36   Link #1882
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Rune Strike change? what? that you can't get it activated until you dodge or parry someones attack, which u rarely get when DPSing and not tanking.

Still doesn't cripple me in DPS.
Old 2008-12-15, 17:37   Link #1883
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
I don't like the new Leviate they made for priests . Leviate is ours and ours alone! And they're adding a 6 sec CD to CoH...bleh. Though I heard that they're also fixing Prayer of Shadow Protection and Prayer of Divine Spirit to be raid wide like Prayer of Fortitude . Once 3.0.8 is released I think I'll buy my NE a mechanostrider just for the hell of it
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 17:43   Link #1884
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Well there are some trade offs tanking wise which will hurt, but over all its all looking good. Bone Shield is a flat nerf but its still awesome. IBF will scale but its not quite as good as it was. Armor boost is nice but only a few % increase, but still less damage ftw? Passive magic redux is huge for DKs post patch. I think over all while I will take more damage with IBF and BS, my overall damage redux has gone up or rather my time to live. Unholy Frost and Blood are a LOT closer post patch, Blood got some awesome tanking buffs making me want to give it a try for kicks.

Garg does do more damage the DRW it has for a very long time. It's closer now and perhaps next patch it will be closer or reversed but for now Garg beats DRW. The only issue is the Garg goes down faster then a drunken school girl if there is ANY form of AoE.

Blood DPS is great single target, and unless you fuck the spec sideways its not to bad. I like that DK's require a decent rotation to DPS effectively though. I respecced to Blood DPS last night to give it a try that was the first time I had played Blood since beta was fun but I kept trying to play it like Unholy which doesn't work!

I cant wait for the minor glyph to be changed to remove the reagent cost of Corpse Dust from Raise Dead, that will be going in faster then you can say Corpse Explosion with Night of the Dead. Although I may not actually have the space to take those two talents but we will see what I can do. I loved doing that in the beta. Many mobs. Exploding ghouls. Much hilarity.
Old 2008-12-15, 17:52   Link #1885
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I know Blood Inside and out, Hit Rating is Crucial and you should get it capped at soon as possible, with my spec http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...exxar&n=Satosu my Rotation is PS - IT - OB - BS - BS - OB then repeat if Deseases are up. when ever Runes are in cool down burn RP with Death Coil or w.e,

Remember, Keep Deseases up at all cost, if you just worry about the rotation your a noob.
Old 2008-12-15, 19:15   Link #1886
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'm waiting for some more useful glyphs for Warlocks. Especially useful minor glyphs. The Soul Drain one is sort of nice when it procs a two for one, but that isn't needed all that much when you aren't leveling (or when you aren't shard farming for a raid, which with the Summons change might not be as shard intensive anyway). The only other ones I have are because they are limited usefulness items...and because nothing else was useful to me at all. (the improvement to the Eye and Water Breathing spells.....oh....wow.....) So my eye can now last 15 seconds longer and can fly...that is sort of useful when I want to find something or have a look see without being in danger...the water breathing....haven't used it since I glyphed it, but it could be useful....would have been while leveling....like in Lakeshire or for a few other quests that are much easier if you don't have to worry about breathing.

I'm waiting for one that removes soul shard cost on certain spells...or lower the CD time of Chaos Bolt....things like that. (Currently using Voidwalker, Corruption, and Healthstone major glyphs).
Old 2008-12-15, 23:14   Link #1887
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I know Blood Inside and out, Hit Rating is Crucial and you should get it capped at soon as possible, with my spec http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...exxar&n=Satosu my Rotation is PS - IT - OB - BS - BS - OB then repeat if Deseases are up. when ever Runes are in cool down burn RP with Death Coil or w.e,

Remember, Keep Deseases up at all cost, if you just worry about the rotation your a noob.
I'm assuming you know that you're not hit capped atm. Also, with your spec, I figured you'd go for this rotation:

PS > IT > HS > HS > OB > RP dump
OB > HS > HS > HS > HS > RP dump
repeat

I mean, you have Death Rune Mastery and Heart Strike. Kinda strange not to utilize either of those.
Old 2008-12-16, 01:14   Link #1888
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
There are several nerfs (Icebound Fortitude down from 50% redux to 20%, Shadow of Death duration shorter and multi-rune nerf among other things) though the overall notes give more buffs and balancing. The Rune Strike change is nice for tanks, but as DPS it's the reverse of what I want.
I can hear the DK tanks crying
Icebound was pretty much one of their key powers that made them such powerful tanks when they can pop off a 50% damage reduction every 2 minutes.
Old 2008-12-16, 01:35   Link #1889
Mr Hat and Clogs

Every minute. It scales with defense still, at 540 defense you will have 35% reduction. Over all its only a couple % reduction when all things are considered.
Old 2008-12-16, 02:06   Link #1890
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Every minute. It scales with defense still, at 540 defense you will have 35% reduction. Over all its only a couple % reduction when all things are considered.
It scaled with defense before?
Old 2008-12-16, 03:03   Link #1891
Mr Hat and Clogs

Nah I just fail at using the correct word, still = now.
Old 2008-12-16, 08:00   Link #1892
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos View Post
I'm assuming you know that you're not hit capped atm. Also, with your spec, I figured you'd go for this rotation:

PS > IT > HS > HS > OB > RP dump
OB > HS > HS > HS > HS > RP dump
repeat

I mean, you have Death Rune Mastery and Heart Strike. Kinda strange not to utilize either of those.
oh woops XD I ment Heart Strike not blood Strike i get the two mixed up when typing, but i took Blood Strike off the bars when I got heart sense its the same thing.
Old 2008-12-16, 08:20   Link #1893
Jaden

My mage's spec is 71 arcane and I'm liking it already...the DPS is not bad at all, and in mobility fights, especially Malygos I'm pretty much on the top. And now we're getting buffed with a ~10% flat damage increase. Though Arcane Barrage is likely to be nerfed because of PvP soon, there's almost no one that I lose to 1vs1. Maybe good hunters and subtlety rogues, and other arcane mages of course.

By the way does Heart Strike still bug 50% of bosses into not using their abilities? For example I saw it interrupt Loken's Lightning Nova and the Disperse of the boss before him.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 08:24   Link #1894
Taricitous

Send a message via MSN to Taricitous
Quote:
I just got my DK Tier Gloves from the fire dragon guy (forget his name) lot of people were mad I was Out DPSing them in blues ( i was top 3)
grats you saved yourself 60 badges, i play DK also, just wanted to complain about the lack of +hit in the DK t7 i mean..... seriously 1 chest piece has more(or close to) the same amount of +hit as the whole set....... gee just because hit caps at 294 shouldn't mean +hit isn't wanted (spell caps @ 17% which is ALOT higher the 294 maybe 400+)

<3 from Chómesuke Jubei Thos
Old 2008-12-16, 15:15   Link #1895
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

What group do you gain rep with once you get exalted with the Alliance Vanguard if you already have the group the originals repuation granted was from maxed out? Does it go to one of the other three groups, or does it just stop? (not like you can gain any more rewards from the other three or anything...but the Silver Covenent is getting kind of loney at nuetral 0).
Old 2008-12-16, 15:48   Link #1896
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
What group do you gain rep with once you get exalted with the Alliance Vanguard if you already have the group the originals repuation granted was from maxed out? Does it go to one of the other three groups, or does it just stop? (not like you can gain any more rewards from the other three or anything...but the Silver Covenent is getting kind of loney at nuetral 0).
Right now there are no dailies/faction vendor for the Silver Covenant. You'll have to wait for a future patch for that . As for other factions, I look to see what I need since each one has a different helm enchant to offer or other goodies like recipes. I did Wyrmrest first for my helm enchant and then Krin Tor (while doing Kalu'ak dailies at the same time). The only factions you can gain rep with currently by purchasing and wearing a tabard in instances (80 or heoric-based) are:

-Krin Tor
-Knights of the Ebon Blade
-Wyrmrest Accord
-Argent Crusade
-Alliance Vanguard (no faction tabard worn in instances)

Then you have ones which you can only get rep through dailies:

-Kalu'ak
-Oracles
-Frenzyheart
-Sons of Hordir
-Explorer's League

I think the lists are right. Going off the top of my head
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 16:12   Link #1897
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I was thinking mainly of the dailies currently used for the Alliance Vanguard rep. (well Valiance Expedition rep. originally) on if they switch to something else after both are exalted, sor of how rep for the main Alliance cites switch to other cities once you are fully exalted with one or another (though they give that rep normally from what I understand0.
Old 2008-12-16, 16:37   Link #1898
Ending

Quote:
I don't like the new Leviate they made for priests . Leviate is ours and ours alone!
Not anymore. It wasn't unique, though, since mages and shamans had a version of their own. Now that it can be casted on others it should become even more usable -especially in fights involving fall damage. And that's a good thing.

It's such a shame that priests still haven't seen any major improvements in PvP. Were basically cannon fodder as it stands. :/
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 17:04   Link #1899
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taricitous View Post
grats you saved yourself 60 badges, i play DK also, just wanted to complain about the lack of +hit in the DK t7 i mean..... seriously 1 chest piece has more(or close to) the same amount of +hit as the whole set....... gee just because hit caps at 294 shouldn't mean +hit isn't wanted (spell caps @ 17% which is ALOT higher the 294 maybe 400+)

Im saving up 80 for the chest XD , but first im lvling my Rogue and minning so i can earn money and such.
Old 2008-12-16, 17:06   Link #1900
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taricitous View Post

You can grab hit in plenty of other slots. There's always gemming for hit as well until gear upgrades come up. I think that the relative lack of hit on T7 will become a blessing as you look to settle as close to the hit cap without going underneath it. Also, special hit cap is at 8% or 262 hit. Misery and, depending on your spec, Virulence should take care of most of the spell hit.

On a side note, I've respecced to Blood this week since the other DK has respecced to Unholy. Should be an interesting time.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows