AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-25, 10:15   Link #1881
Traun
Tetris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimirin View Post

True, but guess who really saves Clare in the end from awakening?
I don't mind people disliking characters, it is how it should be. However, do not discredit characters you don't like simply because you don't find them appealing.

Raki saved Clare from awakening, and if he was there, he would have saved her again. He is important to Clare, she will do impossible things for him - even stopping the awakening process.
Old 2009-04-25, 16:51   Link #1882
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimirin View Post

True, but guess who really saves Clare in the end from awakening?
why are u commenting from the anime? that is absolutely no good... jean saving clare from awakening at the very end of the anime never happened in the manga.

first, raki saved clare from awakening at the church in rabona and second, i believe jean saved her too, after clare fought rigardo at pieta. um... about that, i think the fight would've shifted in rigardo's way if he had both of his arms.
Old 2009-04-25, 17:15   Link #1883
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
why are u commenting from the anime? that is absolutely no good... jean saving clare from awakening at the very end of the anime never happened in the manga.

first, raki saved clare from awakening at the church in rabona and second, i believe jean saved her too, after clare fought rigardo at pieta. um... about that, i think the fight would've shifted in rigardo's way if he had both of his arms.
Rigaldo lost when Clare half awaken. He was on defense from that point on. Two hand makes no difference against supper speed and sensing. He could not keep up with her so he had no chance.
Old 2009-04-25, 19:43   Link #1884
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

It's Mimirin's decision if she's gonna criticize Raki and all of us have the same right. We all have different feelings and different ways on how to judge a character. Boy!!! Did Clare need to have herself saved everytime.

List of people who saved her from Awakening

1. Raki
2. Galatea
3. Jean

2 arms would have made a difference actually. A very big difference since he has razor sharp claws and doesn't he have those sharp extensions? Clare would have been pushed way over the limit she wouldn't have kept a human conscience. But either way I'm happy Rigaldo died. He killed Flora and Veronica and was just a teetsy bitsy close to slicing off Miria's head. What a loser!(Sorry Rigaldo fans)

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Old 2009-04-25, 20:06   Link #1885
Traun
Tetris

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmoreDoll View Post
It's Mimirin's decision if she's gonna criticize Raki and all of us have the same right. We all have different feelings and different ways on how to judge a character.

She has the right to express her opinion, as we have to criticize it. What's your point?

Quote:
Boy!!! Did Clare need to have herself saved everytime.
Otherwise she would have been a Dues Ex Machina, and we all know how good those things turn our as main characters ( Alucard excluded ).
Old 2009-04-25, 20:08   Link #1886
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
He killed Flora and Veronica and was just a teetsy bitsy close to slicing off Miria's head.
I call that being a badass. Besides, he didn't want to do it. He simply had no other choice.
Old 2009-04-25, 21:46   Link #1887
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
List of people who saved her from Awakening

1. Raki
2. Galatea
3. Jean
oh i completely forgot about galatea! she did it with ease too, it was amazing.

i agree that it was nice seeing rigardo dying cuz if he had won... there would've been no clare and he woud've most certainly hated raki as isley train him and isley becoming a big softy and thinking of priscilla and raki as a small family.
Old 2009-04-26, 02:21   Link #1888
Traun
Tetris

Quote:

i agree that it was nice seeing rigardo dying cuz if he had won... there would've been no clare and he woud've most certainly hated raki as isley train him and isley becoming a big softy and thinking of priscilla and raki as a small family.
I think he would have loved the idea of being an uncle .
Old 2009-04-26, 02:46   Link #1889
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traun View Post
I think he would have loved the idea of being an uncle .
ah... yes, an evil scheming uncle who would stop at nothing to get rid of isley-sensei's young apprentice. jk!
Old 2009-04-26, 04:57   Link #1890
Traun
Tetris

Quote:
ah... yes, an evil scheming uncle who would stop at nothing to get rid of isley-sensei's young apprentice. jk!
This sounds like "The Lion King".
Old 2009-04-26, 06:15   Link #1891
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Quote:
She has the right to express her opinion, as we have to criticize it. What's your point?
Well, sheś attacking a character in a story and youŕe attacking her directly

It would be nice though.

Isley-Mufasa
Rigaldo-Scar
Raki-Simba

It fits all so perfectly. Mufasa died, and so did Isley. Scar died and so did Rigaldo. Raki was a helpless little one before and so was Simba. Rigaldo hated Isley just like Scar hated Mufasa. Nice idea people

Old 2009-04-26, 07:01   Link #1892
Traun
Tetris

Quote:
Where exactly? I have nothing against this person, hell, I will probably enjoy talking with her. But she does exclude important points of the story.
( That said, I never watched the anime, so I may just be a delusional asshole )

Quote:
It would be nice though.

Isley-Mufasa
Rigaldo-Scar
Raki-Simba
Nahhh....I think I wouldn't be able to handle the toy line that will come with McDonalds menus.
Or Kinder.
Or the package Batman-Superman-Naruto-Clare.
Or...
Let's just say no...it was a bad idea from the very beginning.
Old 2009-04-26, 07:05   Link #1893
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Quote:
Where exactly? I have nothing against this person, hell, I will probably enjoy talking with her. But she does exclude important points of the story.

Nahhh....I think I wouldn't be able to handle the toy line that will come with McDonalds menus.
Or Kinder.
Or the package Batman-Superman-Naruto-Clare.
Or...
Let's just say no...it was a bad idea from the very beginning.
Aha!!! See...you figured out the problem yourself
Kidding!!!

It wasn't a bad idea. The Lion King characters do have similarities to Isley, Rigaldo, and Raki. You did a great job of giving the "Lion King" as an example Mr. Traun

Old 2009-04-26, 08:09   Link #1894
Mimirin

Lion king? Cool, that does work. ^^ At least Rigardo's connection is obvious.

Quote:
I don't mind people disliking characters, it is how it should be. However, do not discredit characters you don't like simply because you don't find them appealing.

Raki saved Clare from awakening, and if he was there, he would have saved her again. He is important to Clare, she will do impossible things for him - even stopping the awakening process.
Not really, I base that off what happened in the last few episodes... plus, Raki only saved her once, right? At the church... I recall during the last episode (or two) he tried to stop her but she kept on repeating that it was hopeless until Jeanne stepped up. :/ He does have the ability to save her from awakening, that much is apparent, but why was what I'm trying to figure out.

Quote:

T-T Sorry... I'm on the manga but haven't finished yet. Emotions got the better of me after finishing the anime.
Quote:
Not at all, sorry about that. I just started the manga, and I know that the anime's depiction of Raki is horrid. I guess my exclusion of these important points are because I never knew about them... I've always had a personal view that in comparison animes are more comprehensive experiences than mangas, but that didn't work out so well here. T-T Raki's voice actor...
Old 2009-04-26, 11:02   Link #1895
shippU

@Mimirin: Raki Hate is Raki Love by another name. For verily what is Hate but Love struggling to break free of its bonds? Therefore what you see as Hate is but Love in another Form. QED ^_^

Seriously, Isley remembering his 'family' in his last moments was...moving. *sniff* i thought better of Raki after that.
Old 2009-04-26, 12:17   Link #1896
Traun
Tetris

Quote:
Originally Posted by shippU View Post
Seriously, Isley remembering his 'family' in his last moments was...moving. *sniff* i thought better of Raki after that.
Use spoiler tags, the guy hasn't reached this part yet.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimirin
Not at all, sorry about that.
If there is an error, it is because I haven't watched the anime. You have nothing to apologize for.
Old 2009-04-26, 13:14   Link #1897
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:

It would be nice though.

Isley-Mufasa
Rigaldo-Scar
Raki-Simba

It fits all so perfectly. Mufasa died, and so did Isley. Scar died and so did Rigaldo. Raki was a helpless little one before and so was Simba. Rigaldo hated Isley just like Scar hated Mufasa. Nice idea people
clare - nala she always did find a way to pin simba when they playfully fighting or when she actually pinned the grown up simba when they first reunited. ^^;
Old 2009-04-26, 14:35   Link #1898
Traun
Tetris

Quote:
clare - nala she always did find a way to pin simba when they playfully fighting or when she actually pinned the grown up simba when they first reunited. ^^;
She would be more of Timon or Pumba.
Nala obeyed Scar, doesn't fit.
Old 2009-04-26, 14:52   Link #1899
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Nala obeyed Scar, doesn't fit.
ehhh? clare obeyed the organization so it's pretty much the same as obeying scar. besides, simba and nala fall for each other, raki and clare will most likely do the same. XD
Old 2009-04-26, 18:51   Link #1900
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Clare would not fit being Timon or Pumba

Closed Thread