Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-05-13, 17:44   Link #19101
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
And the other point, is, that there is a mantra that was going {still} around that "Kallen is a..well, not a nice girl because her fans are aggressive" <--makes no sense, moreover. Oh well, each one rolls differently.
Yeah you make a great point here. The fans make you not like a character? It's just more phoniness.

When I felt dislike for a character and their fans, I disliked the character first. Like in Naruto I don't dislike Sasuke because of the the massive Uchiha wank in that fandom. I didn't care for Sauske from day one, I'll readily admit that up front.

For some reason Kallen and Suzaku get in people's heads. So technically shouldn't SuzakuXKallen be the post hated pairing

No Kalulu #1 for interfering with Lelouch and then comes SuzakuXKallen
Old 2009-05-13, 18:04   Link #19102
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:

But this is the point, neutrality can turned into negativity, at times. Not when you do favor someone though, it is, idk, the way i see it, you never really liked the chara much in the first place.

And the other point, is, that there is a mantra that was going {still} around that "Kallen is a..well, not a nice girl because her fans are aggressive" <--makes no sense, whatsoever. Oh well, each one rolls differently.
Well, that's for sure. If i Like Kallen and get into a fight with someone that likes Kallen too, i'm not going to dislike Kallen for that, i'm going to dislike the person that is arguing with me, hehe. If you really like a character or a series, even if they got the most obnoxious fans, you will not dislike it.

And i liked Sasuke a lot, until he became a boooooring character, but his fans never helped in my change of emotions, Kishimoto did all the dirty job, hehe.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 18:43   Link #19103
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:

Alright, and i will raise my flag "so, what? -forum-democracy-everyone entitled to their own opinion".
I will admit the obvious thing, that lately, certain sections, have been "dominated" by fans, that do favor Kallen/Kalulu, but does this mean anything? It is just, this time of the year. A few months ago, C.CxL, were around. In the future, there might be something else.
There is still variety though, it is just, that the Kalulu ones, are the most vocal. Again, everyone has got a mouth to use, but at times, it seems to me, that this "mouth" is only used bitching about the Kalulu overdose, when Kalulu fans, use their mouths to spazz over their ship, or w/e else. You see posters, that BARELY post, and their only contribution, is "yeah, this is Kalulu fans for you, do not expect anything else in this sub-forum.!!11"
I am sorry, but using the famous Pulp Fiction quote "did we break your concentration?"
I do not think so, use your head-mouths guys, it is democracy, do not make it seem, like there is Kalulu monarchy.
I agree with most of what you said. I'm not sure why my fellow Shirlulu fans aren't as vocal as I am on this forum, but I'm sure most of it has to do with the fact that Shirlulu hasn't really received any support since Shirley's death, while Kalulu has been getting supplementary material and further evidence out the whazoo. Or maybe it's just coincidence. Perhaps most Shirlulu fans have just moved on or have a busy life so they can't or don't want to post her a lot.

Whatever the case may be, that doesn't mean that you guys are at fault for discussing Kallen and Kalulu, even if it is somewhat excessive. And unfortunately it's as you said, that a lot of times people get fed up with all the Kalulu talk and, having nothing else to say since they can't disprove your claims and have no new evidence to back up their ships, they just resort to attacking you. But again, in our defense, I will say there's nothing wrong with toning things down now and then.

Oh, and you don't consider yourself a monarchy? Well...that's very good to hear

BTW, the Pulp Ficiton line. Keep in mind Samuel L. Jackson had just shot somebody and it was a rhetorical question XD
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 18:49   Link #19104
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post

Oh, and you don't consider yourself a monarchy? Well...that's very good to hear
What do you mean by that?
Quote:
BTW, the Pulp Ficiton line. Keep in mind Samuel L. Jackson had just shot somebody and it was a rhetorical question XD
Exactly, Kalulu fans argument-shoot and, then they make rhetorical questions. Fits. 8D
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 19:01   Link #19105
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
What do you mean by that?
It's a joke.

Quote:
Exactly, Kalulu fans argument-shoot and, then they make rhetorical questions. Fits. 8D
That makes sense. And that disturbs me XD
Old 2009-05-13, 19:04   Link #19106
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Well, not that I want to start anything, but I would hate to think that you guys would be so power-hungry that you would consider yourselves the self-appointed dominators and sovereigns of this forum (that position belongs to the mods, thank you very much) Also, it's good to know that you believe the non-Kalulus have equal rights, but this is all obvious stuff.

You do not want to start something, yet it seems like you do. The monarchy-joke, was obviously an exaggeration, though, a lot of people around here say "it is all about Kallen and her fans!!11" meaning, that the joke did not come from nowhere, but was not invented by Kalulu fans.
Secondly, you assume something from nothing, and you take it as an "if" to make a bit of anti-Kalulu-you-are-not-mods, for what exactly? Oh right, not to start something.

Honest, like i said, we got democracy. Make use of it people, instead of whining out about idk what. :x
Old 2009-05-13, 19:10   Link #19107
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:

You do not want to start something, yet it seems like you do. The monarchy-joke, was obviously an exaggeration, though, a lot of people around here say "it is all about Kallen and her fans!!11" meaning, that the joke did not come from nowhere, but was not invented by Kalulu fans.
Secondly, you assume something from nothing, and you take it as an "if" to make a bit of anti-Kalulu-you-are-not-mods, for what exactly? Oh right, not to start something.

Honest, like i said, we got democracy. Make use of it people, instead of whining out about idk what. :x
Okay, I fixed my previous post. I never meant anything serious by it. I was just joking about the fact that you guys seem like a monarchy (when we all know you really aren't) and it's as if I have to be told or reassured that you aren't. That's all. Nothing serious.
Old 2009-05-13, 19:30   Link #19108
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

And it is not a particularly accurate use of the wording either. Monarchy means the rule of one, so you are essentially saying that there was one Kallen fan bullying a bunch of non-Kallen fans, which is not the case since we are a group of people bullying a bunch of non-Kallen fans. So a more accurate usage would be an oligarchy, which means the rule of a few, or as we Kalulu fans would like to see it, an aristocracy, which is rule by the elite or best.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 19:33   Link #19109
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
And it is not a particularly accurate use of the wording either. Monarchy means the rule of one, so you are essentially saying that there was one Kallen fan bullying a bunch of non-Kallen fans, which is not the case since we are a group of people bullying a bunch of non-Kallen fans. So a more accurate usage would be an oligarchy, which means the rule of a few, or as we Kalulu fans would like to see it, an aristocracy, which is rule by the elite or best.
Xellos. Stop being this sexy.

(And well for the debate above, we get it, we get it)
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 19:35   Link #19110
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Xellos. Stop being this sexy.
(And well for above, we get it, we get it)

That is my line twiiin. 8D

And yeah, but Kalulu fans are all a fist, thus monarchy fits better, in the metaphorical sense.
Old 2009-05-13, 19:37   Link #19111
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
didnt we already establish ourselves are the the kalulu empire
what happened to emperor kang
thats what i want to know
Old 2009-05-13, 19:41   Link #19112
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

I think Kang was assassinated by the CluClu federation in a plot to stall the Kalulu advance in the romance thread. Of course, the Kalulu warmachine is not something that would ground to a halt and in the intermittent times, or the dark ages where the mass bannings resulted in casualties on all sides, several generals took up the fight independently and held the Romance thread.

Or it could be that Kang got bored of the forums and left?
Old 2009-05-13, 19:41   Link #19113
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Aristocracy works great but I'm also fond of the Japanese feudal system. I feel more like an Elite Samurai than a Aristocratic noble.
Old 2009-05-13, 19:43   Link #19114
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

It is essentially the same system, an aristocracy just means the rule of the few which are considered the elite or the best. The Spartans also had an oligarchy that was more akin to an aristocracy considering how arrogant they were.
Old 2009-05-13, 19:46   Link #19115
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
I think Kang was assassinated by the CluClu federation in a plot to stall the Kalulu advance in the romance thread. Of course, the Kalulu warmachine is not something that would ground to a halt and in the intermittent times, or the dark ages where the mass bannings resulted in casualties on all sides, several generals took up the fight independently and held the Romance thread.

Or it could be that Kang got bored of the forums and left?
Kang did not last long after the disastrous stalemate of Turn 25. We over estimated the favor of the Gods then and it ended in near destruction of morale. Kang perished of heartbreak over never achieving total victory.
Old 2009-05-13, 19:46   Link #19116
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Aristocracy works great but I'm also fond of the Japanese feudal system. I feel more like an Elite Samurai than a Aristocratic noble.
Yeah, i like to think of myself like a ninja working for the kalulu feud. A samurai is too much, they're too proud and have too much honor. I like to play dirty.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 19:48   Link #19117
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Kang did not last long after the disastrous stalemate of Turn 25. We over estimated the favor of the Gods then and it ended in near destruction of morale. Kang perished of heartbreak over never achieving total victory.

He did start the whole empire though, didn't he? So, he is always in our mind, as the first milestone, ain't that right? 8)
Old 2009-05-13, 19:50   Link #19118
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
Yeah, i like to think of myself like a ninja working for the kalulu feud. A samurai is too much, they're too proud and have too much honor. I like to play dirty.
If Samurai were so honorable there wouldn't be ninja. Who do you think hired these guys?

Quote:

He did start the whole empire though, didn't he? So, he is always in our mind, as the first milestone, ain't that right? 8)
Of course and we'll also remember Var and Dream Traveler, etc etc

Honor to the fallen.
Old 2009-05-13, 19:51   Link #19119
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
But through the martyrdom of Kang, the Kalulu faction found the strength to beat back not only the cluclu federation but the shirlulu rebellion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
Except that if you play dirty, they will always claim you beat them unfairly. It is better to grind them under your heel fairly. You can always kick dirt and step on their heads once they are down afterwards.
Old 2009-05-13, 19:56   Link #19120
Nobodyman9
Banned

Wow, I'm starting to become convinced that we're talking on this thread just for the sake of talking on it

Who's Kang by the way? I'm not very familiar with Kalulu history. Oh, and demon, I wouldn't count my chickens too soon about the Shirlulu Rebellion.