AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-08-29, 05:48   Link #19181
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivify93 View Post
...TFEI? Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with the term. I never read Sighs, believe it or not.
It was mentioned in the latest Sighs episode, it's an acronym used by the "Organization" to describe Nagato's kind.

It's not revealed what it stands for.
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 05:55   Link #19182
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Why am I so tired.

Spoiler for September the Fifth, Day 4: Hallway- Peering In:

Ahaha~. Honestly, I considered re-titling this scene "The Crocodile", but that would give it away too early.

The scientific stuff I asked everyone for is next scene. Which I hope to write by the end of tonight. Urrrrgh braindead.

Thank you all for your help.
Nice scene. I pitty Kyon(male) a little now. If he have been nice in the last scene he be the rest of the day with the visitor's shoes hurting his feet. However, this don't matter cause Kyonko found new shoes just after This explai why someone would chose be a jerk last scene, though. Playing by the second timeyu would already know what is going to happen

We are probably going to see that tatoo again right? So I guess it is being a CG here? A fanservice CG?

Quote:
Urrrrrrrrgh fuck.

Tired and head hurts. I'll finish this tomorrow. For now:

Spoiler for September the Fifth, Day 4: Old Shack- The Answers (III):

I really, really want to have Itsuko and Mitsuuru fire off blue and red text at each other, but that would be too blatant.
Good scene, though incomplete. I liked the random theory. It was easy to read to me(who don't have english as primary language), so I guess it won't tire most players, if you keep like that when complete the scene.

Mitsuuru was certanly annoying here, it seens people here don't like him too much. He was not wrong, btw, as the theory is, endeed, not accurate. He did fail in logic for think that not being accurate would also mean it is wrong, though.

Oh, well, looking forward Itsuko's theorys.

Oh, almost forgot. Poor Yuuki, it broke.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 08:19   Link #19183
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Urrrrrrrrgh fuck.

I really, really want to have Itsuko and Mitsuuru fire off blue and red text at each other, but that would be too blatant.

Kyonko actually seems rather sweet here. That's nice to read.

The back-and-forth between Itsuko and Mitsuuru was pretty well-handled. I was more impressed by Kyonko/Itsuko's side of the argument, but that's probably how it should be, particularly given how Mitsuuru was hampered by the "it's classified" problem that he keeps running into.
Old 2009-08-29, 08:23   Link #19184
CanadaAotS
Manly Picnic

Send a message via MSN to CanadaAotS
Broken Yuuki... Prime example of one of the downsides to remote computing, you're screwed if you lose your internet connection haha.

Assuming I'm right about what's wrong with him.
CanadaAotS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 08:23   Link #19185
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Quote:
Urrrrrrrrgh fuck.

Itsuko: Funny you should bring up something like physics. Forgive my ignorance, but doesn't time travel itself break established laws of physics?

Hm? I could have sworn time travel didn't break the laws of physics... or has this summer been too long?
Old 2009-08-29, 08:30   Link #19186
Jintor

Spoiler for September the Fourth, Day 3, Universe 1: School Gate- Bells are Ringing:
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 08:38   Link #19187
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariNiwa View Post
Itsuko: Funny you should bring up something like physics. Forgive my ignorance, but doesn't time travel itself break established laws of physics?

Hm? I could have sworn time travel didn't break the laws of physics... or has this summer been too long?
I guess it depends on the interpretation of time travel and how it is done. If you assume time travel requires exceeding the speed of light, then it break's Einstein's theory, but if you assume some other method, then it may not. Fully depends on your interpretation of time travel.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 08:42   Link #19188
Jintor

In any case, since Koizumi can (like us) only speculate as to how Time-Travel works, that line is internally consistent.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 09:41   Link #19189
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
Look up time travel on the Wiki. Time travel is only possible as a thought experiment. Relativity provides us with examples where time doesn't flow right, but you have to violate other laws of nature to actually exploit it; such as having a NEGATIVE amount of energy.

Also I would like to issue a correction to the SF content I suggested to the writeup. It should be Einstein's General relativity that should be referenced, not Special Relativity. Special Relativity, despite being called "special", is the boring one; and General Relativity, is the cool one that speculates all the time travel shennanigans. Honestly, Special Relativity should have been called Specific Relativity, as the theory is only applied to the observations of motion. (this is probably thanks to incompetent translation of German to English, which I think all of us here are familliar with )

The distruption and inconvenience resulting from this is deeply regretted.
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 10:27   Link #19190
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
In all fairness, flying around as a big red(or in Itsuko's case, blue) orb doesn't exactly follow the laws of physics, either.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 10:29   Link #19191
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
Look up time travel on the Wiki. Time travel is only possible as a thought experiment. Relativity provides us with examples where time doesn't flow right, but you have to violate other laws of nature to actually exploit it; such as having a NEGATIVE amount of energy.

Also I would like to issue a correction to the SF content I suggested to the writeup. It should be Einstein's General relativity that should be referenced, not Special Relativity. Special Relativity, despite being called "special", is the boring one; and General Relativity, is the cool one that speculates all the time travel shennanigans. Honestly, Special Relativity should have been called Specific Relativity, as the theory is only applied to the observations of motion. (this is probably thanks to incompetent translation of German to English, which I think all of us here are familliar with )

The distruption and inconvenience resulting from this is deeply regretted.
Even in reality, this isn't necessarily true.

I remember learning in Chemistry/Physics, that we know very little about what goes on within a black hole. The laws of physics might go entirely out the window within a black hole.
Old 2009-08-29, 10:50   Link #19192
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
The laws of physics might go entirely out the window within a black hole.
Given that not even light is able to escape a black hole, I'd say it's pretty certain.
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 18:47   Link #19193
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Even in reality, this isn't necessarily true.

I remember learning in Chemistry/Physics, that we know very little about what goes on within a black hole. The laws of physics might go entirely out the window within a black hole.
Actually, from what I remember, we know absolutely nothing about what goes on inside of a black hole, except that, in some cases, it produces gamma-rays that come shooting out of them (assuming, of course, that the Active Galactic Nuclei that we observe are in fact black holes. We're not sure, given that we can't actually see them).

Add that to the fact that there isn't a unified theory that successfully unites macro physics (Galaxy and Universe scale physics) with micro physics (sub-atomic scale physics) and we have a whole other range of problems.

This is why there are so many theories about time travel and black holes, actually--most of them (that aren't just under-researched Hollywood plot devices, at least) could be feasibly correct under a particular physics theory.

Finally, a point which might make the rest of this post sorta pointless storywise: The Asahina's don't have a perfect understanding of time travel, as has been noted a couple of times in the VN. Kyon picks up on this in BLR (moreso in the anime, IMO) when he points out that, given Mikuru's earlier explanation of time travel, his actions in the past didn't make very much sense.
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 05:07   Link #19194
Binjovi
Artist

Send a message via AIM to Binjovi
More stuff:

Spoiler for large image:
Binjovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 05:20   Link #19195
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binjovi View Post
More stuff:

Spoiler for large image:
... Getting a bit of an "Itsuki" vibe from the face and bangs... I'm not really much help, am I?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-08-30, 05:41   Link #19196
vivify93

Send a message via MSN to vivify93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binjovi
<insert picture of awesomeness>
Hot!

I don't get much of an Itsuki vibe m'self. It's there, but I always fancied Haruki to be the unholy union of Itsuki and Kyon's looks, Haruhi's mannerisms, and a bunch of tropes. Which makes him awesomepants.

The best part of him? His hair. I swear, Binjovi, that hair is amazing. It's the perfect blend of Haruki and Haruhi.
Old 2009-08-30, 06:10   Link #19197
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivify93 View Post
unholy union of Itsuki and Kyon
Only the resident yaoi fanboy of the group could get away with saying this...

Taking things out of context is FUN!
Old 2009-08-30, 06:47   Link #19198
vivify93

Send a message via MSN to vivify93
Well, I do loathe me some Itsukyon-MM.

srsly, worst pairing in any fandom ever. Even as a CRACK pairing.

Itsukyon-FF, now that is hot.

...And yes, this just goes to show you how much I hate the Itsukyon-MM pairing.

Now, as I've ranted many times in the past, Harukyon (for any gender combination) is a great pairing.

Last edited by vivify93; 2009-08-30 at 06:48. Reason: added a heh smiley and fixed tags.
vivify93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 07:13   Link #19199
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

... I dislike most pairings involving Kyon... unless it's with Haruhi. She's pretty much the only person in the series that can dish out as much as him. The other brigade members(male and female) have enough to worry about without Kyon screwing around, Haruki would probably kill him... and Kyonko has suffered more than enough as it is.
Old 2009-08-30, 07:13   Link #19200
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binjovi View Post
More stuff:

Spoiler for large image:
Awesome work. For layman eyes, like mines, the art is flawless. I also loved his expression. It is close to a 'neutral face', yet he still has a mischievous smile.

I just find kinda weird this bangs(is that the word? The long part of his haird overing his hairband and ears). I believe most fanart of him don't have it right? But then, intrigued with vivify's post, I looked at Haruhi and noticed she also has then. Interesting touch.

PP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... I dislike most pairings involving Kyon... unless it's with Haruhi. She's pretty much the only person in the series that can dish out as much as him. The other brigade members(male and female) have enough to worry about without Kyon screwing around, Haruki would probably kill him... and Kyonko has suffered more than enough as it is.
You will hate me if I say he makes a good pair with Yuki right?

Thinking on that now, I don't really think Yuuki and Kyonko make a good pair... Probably because I haven't read a genderbend Disappearance yet.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan