AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-02-27, 04:59   Link #19221
Corvo269

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvhe View Post
Has anyone else realised that by helping the ones who hero-summoned them, heroes are exhibiting symptoms of Stockholm Syndrome? Because by helping the kingdom that essentially abducted them, they are effectively sympathizing with their abductees.
Its kind of a recurring thene. Some cases where it goes out of hand or spectatucarly fucks up in the greatest sense are Tate no Yuusha (where MC got the biggest bitch slap wake up call in 1 DAY), Konjiki(where MC gave a straight up FUCK YOU to the summoner) and lastly Konosuba (where MC decided to go the extra mile and fuck with the goddess who summoned him)
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-27, 06:24   Link #19222
travelingbum

ya... who the heck is Mr. K lol
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-27, 07:20   Link #19223
borisdrakoni

Haha, maybe just a convenient plot device? Though it would be funny if the real one shows up later. Endou really has some rotten luck, though, especially there at the end.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-27, 07:23   Link #19224
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

The author seems to really be fond of embarrassing the girls huh.

Haha, I guess he's the (unofficially) new Mr.K now.
Old 2016-02-28, 11:39   Link #19225
Liuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
I wonder how they choose which scenes get illustrated. Tio's dragon form is something I was looking forward to.
I'm betting Tio's dragon form is gonna get a color illustration during the volcanic dungeon arc.
Liuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-02, 17:23   Link #19226
LG-MAX 2.o

Japan's Weekly Light Novel Rankings for Feb 22 - 28

*1. 34,656 *34,656 Zero no Tsukaima Vol.21
*2. 23,538 *23,538 Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Vol.3
*3. 20,871 *20,871 Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance Vol.15
*4. 13,024 *13,024 Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki Vol.8
*5. 11,634 *11,634 World Teacher Vol.2
*6. 10,810 *10,810 Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru! Vol.6
*7. 10,541 *18,471 Full Metal Panic! Another Vol.12
*8. *9,682 *16,682 Full Metal Panic! Another SS
*9. *9,037 105,996 Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Vol.1
10. *8,653 **8,653 Sekai no Owari no Encore Vol.6

anime coming soon?
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-02, 18:45   Link #19227
borisdrakoni

Probably. The battle at Ul wouldn't be a bad place to end a cour at, though I'm not sure if four episodes per volume would be enough to do the story justice. Doing six or so episodes per volume and ending it at volume 2 wouldn't be bad either, although personally I would prefer it if they wait a bit until enough source material is published for a full 2 cour season.

On another note, there was an illustration from volume 3 missing from the imgur link on the last page, so I put it up in the social group.
Old 2016-03-05, 06:59   Link #19228
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Dammit Vanessa, its not a reward! What kinky things have you been reading/watching?
Old 2016-03-05, 07:11   Link #19229
Tabeleta

^I always get the feeling that when they do an anime when there's less original material( like 4 or less volumes) to adapt is better than when there's 8 or more.

Because this way they aren't able to skip half the scenes and explanations and animate a whole volume in 1-2 chapters while cutting cornes if they want to do a 1 cour. So the chances of a better animation should be higher.

Like they did with World Break, I think there was 12 vols. published, but just to show the Russian girl they skipped a lot of things on the first 6-7 vols. and used a original ending that reeks of shounen spirit

There was Rakudai last year that could be one of the few exceptions, but just because vol. 3 had a perfect closing for an arc and the staff was competent enough to use some side stories to complement the show.

@borisdrakoni I can even imagine they wanting to animate Arifureta in only 1 cour, butchering everything just to show the 8(9) girls in the harem. Basically, till the Kamiyama arc or maybe the Hauria x Empire to show more Liliana(Ririana).
Old 2016-03-05, 09:36   Link #19230
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
Dammit Vanessa, its not a reward! What kinky things have you been reading/watching?
Haha, though I wonder just how much the author is going to end up humiliating Emily before all of this is over. She's already surpassed Shea in the "unable to hold it" category, and the Berserk zombies have yet to make a reappearance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabeleta View Post
^I always get the feeling that when they do an anime when there's less original material( like 4 or less volumes) to adapt is better than when there's 8 or more.

Because this way they aren't able to skip half the scenes and explanations and animate a whole volume in 1-2 chapters while cutting cornes if they want to do a 1 cour. So the chances of a better animation should be higher.

Like they did with World Break, I think there was 12 vols. published, but just to show the Russian girl they skipped a lot of things on the first 6-7 vols. and used a original ending that reeks of shounen spirit

There was Rakudai last year that could be one of the few exceptions, but just because vol. 3 had a perfect closing for an arc and the staff was competent enough to use some side stories to complement the show.

@borisdrakoni I can even imagine they wanting to animate Arifureta in only 1 cour, butchering everything just to show the 8(9) girls in the harem. Basically, till the Kamiyama arc or maybe the Hauria x Empire to show more Liliana(Ririana).
There's also the possibility of them diverging onto a completely original track for an anime if there's less source material available, and that can be rather hit or miss.

Of course, we have to take into consideration the intent of the adaptation as well. If they're just looking to use it to sell the light novels to a wider audience, then they may very well try to cram as much into a single cour as possible without giving any thought to a continuation. Though considering how big a seller Arifureta already is, I want to think that they would produce something that captures the original work rather faithfully, but we'll just have to wait and see. After all, it has been more common of late for some adaptations to use six, seven, eight or more episodes to cover a single volume, and the results have been pretty good for most of them. Speaking for myself, as long as something doesn't derail as badly as the Rosario+Vampire anime did, I can usually get some enjoyment out of it.

At any rate, I imagine that the earliest an announcement for an Arifureta anime would come would probably be sometime in the summer, likely around whenever volume 4 comes out.

Incidentally, I'm guessing Kaori will be a lock for the volume 4 cover, but if they're going to continue to divide the longer web volumes up into multiple LN volumes it'll be interesting to see who ends up as the cover girl for volume 5 onward.
Old 2016-03-05, 10:27   Link #19231
Xacual

If they continue to divide it up, volume 5 would either be Myuu or possibly going back to one of the previous girls. Volume 6 would most likely be Remia and Myuu together though.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-05, 14:13   Link #19232
Tabeleta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
If they continue to divide it up, volume 5 would either be Myuu or possibly going back to one of the previous girls. Volume 6 would most likely be Remia and Myuu together though.
And since the Author loves Ririana so much, vol. 7 is going to be Suzu right?

Heck, even Ryuutarou, Endou or Randell has more chances of getting a cover than her, and they are MALES. That's what she gets because of the author fetishes for pitiful heroines
_____

@borisdrakoni Volume 3 ended with Shimizu dying (there's no illustration of the kiss? ) while adding a scene with Kaori and the others and ended on chapter 64 "Inside the Returning Vehicle" with that 'Santa claws' that you posted on the social group or with Tio looking normal right?

Volume 1 covered around 26 WN chapters and volume 2 around 22, plus some new parts on the classmates sides in both. Volume 3 covered from ch. 50 till ch. 64(14 chapters), also adding some parts about Kaori and co.

Volume 4 should then start with 65 "Aiko Gone Mad" and ending arc 3 with chapter 81(16 chapters), unless they put a lot of new content and ends with the demon woman appearing and this fight starting on volume 5 right?
Old 2016-03-05, 15:41   Link #19233
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabeleta View Post
@borisdrakoni Volume 3 ended with Shimizu dying (there's no illustration of the kiss? ) while adding a scene with Kaori and the others and ended on chapter 64 "Inside the Returning Vehicle" with that 'Santa claws' that you posted on the social group or with Tio looking normal right?

Volume 1 covered around 26 WN chapters and volume 2 around 22, plus some new parts on the classmates sides in both. Volume 3 covered from ch. 50 till ch. 64(14 chapters), also adding some parts about Kaori and co.

Volume 4 should then start with 65 "Aiko Gone Mad" and ending arc 3 with chapter 81(16 chapters), unless they put a lot of new content and ends with the demon woman appearing and this fight starting on volume 5 right?
Actually, the picture I posted is from the new Extra story of this volume, so it has nothing to do with the WN continuity. Minus that, which I skipped ahead to read out of curiosity, I'm currently only up to chapter 2 so far, so I'm not sure exactly what all it covers. Based on a quick glance at the end it looks like it goes all the way through chapter 66 at least(syosetu numbering). Well, I'll give a more comprehensive review once I'm finished with the book, but for now I'll say this much for just what I've read:
Spoiler:

Incidentally, the author mentions in the afterword that the character images of the girl members of Ai-chan-sensei's security police are modeled after K-ON! characters. Yuuka's model is apparently Himeko.

Last edited by borisdrakoni; 2016-03-05 at 15:56.
Old 2016-03-06, 00:28   Link #19234
Occhio92

Reading Endo talk about all the coincidences that made him meet the girls i started thinking that maybe Hajime went full chess master mode and manipulated everything and everyone from the start.
Occhio92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 00:33   Link #19235
sierra117
Harem Seeker

"him meet the girls", which girls?
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 08:54   Link #19236
obnuchious

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
"him meet the girls", which girls?
think @Occhio92's referring to Hajime and his haremettes . . .
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 09:18   Link #19237
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Nah, proably about the latest raws as it is Endo's sides story & he coincidentally keeps meeting the girls that was getting chased by a dangerous group & he's now currently entangled with their problems.

He was out of the country too because of one of Hajime's missions so one guess is it was planned by him all along. ( I don't think so but the criminals might be connected to his last job).
Old 2016-03-06, 10:00   Link #19238
borisdrakoni

Haha, well Hydra has many heads. It wouldn't be all that surprising if they had some connection to the development of Berserk, but considering Vanessa's presence it seems more like the British government itself may be the one at the root of her and Emily's issues. Personally I would have to agree that Kousuke meeting them is probably just a series of coincidences. He himself was just going to coldly abandon them in the hotel until Emily begged for someone to help. Without any visible connection between Emily and the returnees, I can't see Hajime caring enough to get involved even if he somehow knew about it.
Old 2016-03-06, 10:04   Link #19239
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisdrakoni View Post
Haha, well Hydra has many heads. It wouldn't be all that surprising if they had some connection to the development of Berserk, but considering Vanessa's presence it seems more like the British government itself may be the one at the root of her and Emily's issues. Personally I would have to agree that Kousuke meeting them is probably just a series of coincidences. He himself was just going to coldly abandon them in the hotel until Emily begged for someone to help. Without any visible connection between Emily and the returnees, I can't see Hajime caring enough to get involved even if he somehow knew about it.
can i have some more detailed summary about this chapter?
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 12:13   Link #19240
Tabeleta

^It's obvious that Hajime is behind all this for the single reason that he wants another person to suffer the harem's antics together with him

Since it seems that everything is connected, there are even good chances of Endou encountering Natalia. Maybe that was Hajime's plan all along just to avoid the girl becoming another Arutena and protect Myuu

Endou already has a Rabbit-eared fiance(Shia) and this Vanessa seems to be kinda of a pervert(Tio). And is Emily some kind of ojou-sama(Liliana)?

I can even bet that in the next chapters, he's going to encounter 1-2 legal lolis(Yue and Aiko), a yandere(Kaori), the serious type with a (hyper)pure maiden's heart(Shizuku) and even a mother & daughter(could Natalia fits here?). All according with Hajime's evil plan

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel