AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-11-18, 17:06   Link #19321
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
@00-Raiser: the last part of the story seemed a bit off to me. considering this is a continuation of your last fic, where Vivio came on to him. After that discussion, why on earth would Vivio ever think that about Yuuno? Yuuno would know this as well, considering how he was there and all during the conversation with vivio.

I think its un needed drama with no foundation, personally. The only way I can see that coming into effect is something like a platonic date between Nanoha and Yuuno to set off Vivio's worry about her first(?) boyfriend and her learning to overcome her jealous and insecure feelings. After all, she would probably be very scared of Yuuno leaving her, seeing as how its first love. I think that would be a better situation than the whole Vivio replacing Nanoha scene. Don't place blame specifically on rumors, but rather Vivio's young insecure heart.

EDIT: Page claim for Vivio/Yuuno, and those two h doujins I found of them *halo*

Last edited by Satashi; 2009-11-18 at 17:20.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 17:23   Link #19322
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
That made me wonder and did you really count them?
I did, sorta. The edges kinda get cut off by the screen, but I confirmed a 6 x 7 size box at least. That means at least 42, although there could be a bit more if the box contained another row or column off screen. It was in the last moments of episode 15.

And actually I just recounted. It's a 6x8 box, so at least 48 visible relics. That's a lot of shiny! (and not talking about a certain sword around here ;p )
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 17:51   Link #19323
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
EDIT: Page claim for Vivio/Yuuno, and those two h doujins I found of them *halo*
Are you teasing us?

@Kaijo: Those ARE a lot of Shiny!
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 17:55   Link #19324
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
Are you teasing us?

@Kaijo: Those ARE a lot of Shiny!
*blinks* huh what I-

*smacks Alavon around with the book she's currently reading (Attack of the Theater People btw)* Don't confused me by capitalizing the adjective shiny D: D:

Shesh I thought I was being cloned...
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 17:57   Link #19325
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
*blinks* huh what I-

*smacks Alavon around with the book she's currently reading (Attack of the Theater People btw)* Don't confused me by capitalizing the adjective shiny D: D:

Shesh I thought I was being cloned...
So you DID catch my joke...sorry...couldn't help myself! But that was pretty quick...
But this way, I can have you and so can others!
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 18:42   Link #19326
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I also get the feeling that my story isn't getting more reviews on ff.net, is because I haven't stated up front exactly what kind of pairings I am going for. So particular shippers tend to ignore it, or read with hesitation. I actually think it's kinda sad, when I just wanna tell a story. =(
That's actually my biggest concern for when I finally finish posting all the chapters for my fic "Bless the Broken Road" here and clean it up to put it on FF.net, because I don't plan to list any pairings up front. I don't want to do that, the story isn't about the pairings I've put in it, but I know it'll probably suffer if I don't since certain shippers will choose to just ignore it. On top of that, BtBR has its focus on a much more subtle take of NanoFate than the usual fic I read because that pairing isn't the major focus of the story.

I'm not overly worried about it, to be honest, but it's something I think about since I'm so close to the conclusion.
Old 2009-11-18, 18:53   Link #19327
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
@00-Raiser: the last part of the story seemed a bit off to me. considering this is a continuation of your last fic, where Vivio came on to him. After that discussion, why on earth would Vivio ever think that about Yuuno? Yuuno would know this as well, considering how he was there and all during the conversation with vivio.
Well, maybe it'll work better when I show what it's leading up to. Of course Vivio wouldn't think that, and Yuuno knows it, but he's going to use it as a springboard and take the opportunity to make his feelings clear.

Quote:
Please tell me you have links!
Old 2009-11-18, 19:08   Link #19328
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Well, maybe it'll work better when I show what it's leading up to. Of course Vivio wouldn't think that, and Yuuno knows it, but he's going to use it as a springboard and take the opportunity to make his feelings clear.

Please tell me you have links!
no links, they arn't scanned. I'm talking to a friend in Japan I just met to see if I can get her to help me obtain some (about 7) doujinshi. A few NanoFate, and the rest are Vivio x others (Yuuno, Nanoha, ect)

Um...... I'll upload the sample pics to photobucket tonight sometime. PM me if you want them ^^
Old 2009-11-18, 19:12   Link #19329
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
no links, they arn't scanned. I'm talking to a friend in Japan I just met to see if I can get her to help me obtain some (about 7) doujinshi. A few NanoFate, and the rest are Vivio x others (Yuuno, Nanoha, ect)

Um...... I'll upload the sample pics to photobucket tonight sometime. PM me if you want them ^^
I shall PM away!

Now that I've thought about it a little, I think that I'll just leave this fic at the sex topic, and then use your suggested premise for a separate fic, where I'll use the resolution I had in mind.
Old 2009-11-18, 19:58   Link #19330
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
I shall PM away!

Now that I've thought about it a little, I think that I'll just leave this fic at the sex topic, and then use your suggested premise for a separate fic, where I'll use the resolution I had in mind.
I don't mind, but don't let yourself be influenced by me TOO much, or you'll lose your sense of self as an author :3
Old 2009-11-18, 20:14   Link #19331
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
I don't mind, but don't let yourself be influenced by me TOO much, or you'll lose your sense of self as an author :3
I was going to go with what I originally had planned at first, but then BAM an idea hit me and I decided it would work better. You're not influencing so much as making me re-think things and come up with more ideas, which is a good thing.
Old 2009-11-18, 22:51   Link #19332
Dark Knight Gafgar
Dirty Bloody /b/tard

Quote:
But while I agree with you in feeling that civvies should be shot(that's the kind of guy I am!), that's kinda a bad thing for a government to do to it's people.
It worked for Comrade Stalin, though.
Dark Knight Gafgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 22:54   Link #19333
Tabasco

And Pol Pot, for that matter.

But if those are the best references you can come up with for an idea, something, somewhere, went horribly wrong.
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 23:09   Link #19334
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight Gafgar View Post
It worked for Comrade Stalin, though.
Well, bad for the TSAB I should say, then. :P
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 23:13   Link #19335
Dark Knight Gafgar
Dirty Bloody /b/tard

Quote:
Well, bad for the TSAB I should say, then. :P
Well, we all already know that once Hayate takes over the TSAB there's gonna be hammers and sickles everywhere (and don't forget the eight pointed stars), so might as well get an early start on the purges eh?
Dark Knight Gafgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 04:52   Link #19336
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

If you are in Singapore, and you know about the Anime Festival Asia '09, here's a preview of things to come:

Spoiler for AFA09 Cosplay:
Be there. =3
Old 2009-11-19, 05:42   Link #19337
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
That's actually my biggest concern for when I finally finish posting all the chapters for my fic "Bless the Broken Road" here and clean it up to put it on FF.net, because I don't plan to list any pairings up front. I don't want to do that, the story isn't about the pairings I've put in it, but I know it'll probably suffer if I don't since certain shippers will choose to just ignore it. On top of that, BtBR has its focus on a much more subtle take of NanoFate than the usual fic I read because that pairing isn't the major focus of the story.

I'm not overly worried about it, to be honest, but it's something I think about since I'm so close to the conclusion.
I'll just quote something I found yesterday on livejournal:

Quote:

Working at a bookstore lets you in on some very very weird things.

Not only does Coolio have a cookbook (Yes, that Coolio, the rapper from the mid-'90s who just sorta faded away), but also classics like Pride and Prejudice and Wuthering Heights are being repackaged with Twilight-esque black covers and tied in with Twilight in the most shameless ways (with ridiculous subtitles like "Edward and Bella's favorite book"). AND PEOPLE ARE BUYING THEM. Teens and tweens, obviously.

If I ever create that manga I've been meaning to draw, I'm going to put all print volumes in black covers with a single rose or apple on them, and write something like "EDWARD AND BELLA WOULD HAVE LIKED THIS MANGA." Instant success, y0~

What I take from this. As an aspiring author, keep your self-respect and don't be like them bookstore guys and sell yourself out to the masses.
Old 2009-11-19, 06:35   Link #19338
isagrimorie
Zombie Slayer in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post

I'll come and visit that fic. Any day. And maybe post multiple reviews so you'll feel the love. 'Cause did I mention how much I love BtBR? 'Cause I do!
isagrimorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 06:37   Link #19339
Rika23onROOF
meow~ give me cookies~

(^/////^) just drop by to give an un-edited version of chapter 3 of My Princess, so its not being check yet! This is from Nanoha-san's point of view, so a little introduction of her life.

@Synaesthetic: THANK YOUUUU SOOOO MUCHHHH!!!!!!

Spoiler for un-edited My Princess Chapter 3:

The whole chapter isn't finish yet... but the plot is in my head! Just too lazy to write...
Rika23onROOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 07:09   Link #19340
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Quote:
Presenting rough draft of MGLN Crisis Chapter 17. I was going to wait another day or so to post this, to give me time to work on chapter 18. But I realize there doesn't seem to be much of a plot line currently (unless you've been following the hints). So this should get things going again.

As always, previous parts can be found here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2116261/Kaijo

Spoiler for MGLN Crisis Chapter 17: Nightmares from the Past:
Wow, you weren't kidding when you mentioned that trope after you put up Chapter 16. Can't wait to see how this will end.

The little exchange at the start of the chapter where Arf is trying to recall her memories - I lol'd at her thinking that Yuuno was Nanoha's ferret familiar.

Quote:
One of the more awkward moments of having a daughter who loves you very much.

Spoiler for XDD:
Cute.

Anyway, while I'm still working on chapter 2 of my Nanoha/Archie cross-over, I will be posting the occasional one-shot - if anything, don't be surprised if you see me churn out one-shot after one-shot before you see any progress on my main story. It's just that I'm not that great with writing long, drawn-out stories (unless you're talking about photocomics), so hopefully writing these one-shots should help improve my writing.

So, without further ado, here's the first of hopefully many one-shots.

Title: "She Is Beautiful"
Genre: Songfic (primary), humor (secondary)
Pairing(s): It's really up to you to decide for yourself.
Based on: "She Is Beautiful" by Andrew W.K.

Spoiler for Original song:

Spoiler for Songfic: "She Is Beautiful":

Spoiler for A/N:

Last edited by OZ7UP; 2009-11-19 at 07:20.
OZ7UP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha