Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-22, 18:39   Link #1921
Double 120%
Double Your Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
1. It did cut through Mordred's armour, and it even damaged the float unit. Watch the scene again.

2. Suzaku only managed to cut it in half because he cut it exactly down the axis, a damn near impossible feat.
Right off the bat, I don't know whether you intended to or not, but you're coming off rather rude. Especially when you tell someone to "watch the scene again" as if I wasn't aware of what I was talking about it. Again, I don't know if you intended to or not so correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how its sounds to me.

1. I did watch the scene in episode 20. There are two instances in which Galahad hits Mordred with Excalibur. The 1st strike occurs in the very beginning of the fight and it bounces off of Mordred's shields. With The 2nd strike, Galahad was directly behind Mordred where the shields didn't cover and sliced off part of the float unit. It's the same attack as Asahina did in episode 11 of R2 when he cut part of Mordred's float unit off while being directly behind Mordred. I would post a youtube link with the video of both instances, but I'm not sure if that's allowed or not according to the rules of the forum.

2. I'm not here to debate the probability of Suzaku cutting Excalibur in two. All I will say is if Suzaku did it, then it doesn't make it impossible, especially considering he broke the sword again in the latest episode of Code Geass R2 against Gino.

I would just say Excalibur is just made of something incredibly durable and energy resistant with some tech thrown in the sword as well. But I'm getting off track. All I really want is some plausible "in-universe" explanation as to how a sword defeats Shinkirou when everything else Shinkirou has taken could not.

Last edited by Double 120%; 2008-09-22 at 18:53.
Double 120% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 19:28   Link #1922
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double 120% View Post
All I really want is some plausible "in-universe" explanation as to how a sword defeats Shinkirou when everything else Shinkirou has taken could not.
Doesn't exist, like many things in this show. Unlike say... Macross, or Gundam Original, Sunrise does a poor job of constructing a coherent and immersible military/scientific/cultural/technological background for its world. The majority of robots which appear in CG border on the Super Robot category, the type which battles giant monsters, never runs out of energy, whose arms shoot out as missiles and... you get the idea.

I think an OVA covering the invasion of Japan, where the first operational combat KMFs meet conventional modern forces, would help make the show's military aspect more convincing, at least until the Super Robots start appearing *coughLancelot*.
Old 2008-09-22, 19:33   Link #1923
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Right off the bat, I don't know whether you intended to or not, but you're coming off rather rude. Especially when you tell someone to "watch the scene again" as if I wasn't aware of what I was talking about it. Again, I don't know if you intended to or not so correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how its sounds to me.

2. I'm not here to debate the probability of Suzaku cutting Excalibur in two. All I will say is if Suzaku did it, then it doesn't make it impossible, especially considering he broke the sword again in the latest episode of Code Geass R2 against Gino.
The instance against Gino is only because the cut in half version clearly doesn't have the durability the old one did. And ANYTHING cut down the axis like that will be cut in two, but the probability of being that accurate is zero so it doesn't happen normally. It was Live Geass h4x combined with Suzaku's already ridiculous skill that resulted in that, not the MVS being stronger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aouble 120%
I would just say Excalibur is just made of something incredibly durable and energy resistant with some tech thrown in the sword as well. But I'm getting off track. All I really want is some plausible "in-universe" explanation as to how a sword defeats Shinkirou when everything else Shinkirou has taken could not.
I gave one:

Quote:
Lelouch saw all those attacks coming a few seconds in advance and was able to input the calculations for the druid system to generate the shields properly. It's entirely possible that the shielding system is pretty worthless if it doesn't get those calculations input by Lelouch.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 20:39   Link #1924
Double 120%
Double Your Fun

Quote:
I gave one:
Right....You're saying the shield system is dependent on Lelouch's data and calculations. Did he not raise the shield to stop Gino's swing?
Old 2008-09-22, 20:42   Link #1925
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Right....You're saying the shield system is dependent on Lelouch's data and calculations. Did he not raise the shield to stop Gino's swing?
Can't we just give Excalibur a little credit here and leave it at that already? It was a pretty awesome sword till Suzaku Geass-haxed it
Old 2008-09-22, 22:12   Link #1926
Aquaman OS

The show's ending, so they are blowing up all the mecha. Expect Lancelot and Guren to follow next ep. That's basically it. The story called for Shinkirou to go so it went. Lelouch no longer needs a knightmare.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 04:18   Link #1927
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Excalibur could only block the Shen Hu's beam when it was off. It was only capable of splitting the beam when its turned on and glows pink.

It wasn't glowing pink when swung at the Shinkiriou so Gino didn't have it turned on so its just a normal weapon meaning its even weaker than a MVS.

I fail to see how a normal sword can pierce the Shinkirious shields and tear off its arm when even the Siegfried which had much greater mass and force than half an excalibur(or even a whole one) could ever hope to muster, only flicked off a few shards at the edge of its ATP field.

Sunrise just suck balls when it come to consistency.

Also the reason the Excalibur damaged the float unit of the Mordred is because it has no rear blaze luminous shields. Notice how Asahina managed to do the same thing in EP 11 with only a crappy chainsword.

Oh and did anyone think that the float equipped Portman 2 looked hilarious? Well for the 3 secs of screentime it had before crashing into the Damocles shield.

Last edited by ZeroSama; 2008-09-23 at 04:30.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 05:26   Link #1928
loltan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Shouldn't the Guren SEITEN be able to fire feather like shards from its wings like the Lancelot Albion?

And if not why?
Radiation shielding > Blaze Luminous shards

I'm surprised Kallen doesn't do that sheld expansion thing more often because it looks like something like that can do a lot of damage. The radius of the attack is huge too.
loltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 07:46   Link #1929
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loltan View Post
Radiation shielding > Blaze Luminous shards

I'm surprised Kallen doesn't do that sheld expansion thing more often because it looks like something like that can do a lot of damage. The radius of the attack is huge too.
the guren is or rather was a close combat powerhouse
its also kallens prefered style of fighting (even after the upgreads, hell she uses the dagger more then the arm)
why waste the energy for wide range attacks that would never hit someone other then redshirts
Old 2008-09-23, 07:56   Link #1930
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
the guren is or rather was a close combat powerhouse
its also kallens prefered style of fighting (even after the upgreads, hell she uses the dagger more then the arm)
why waste the energy for wide range attacks that would never hit someone other then redshirts
So she could LOL at Suzaku that her Guren finally has more toys than his lancelot.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 19:50   Link #1931
Double 120%
Double Your Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Excalibur could only block the Shen Hu's beam when it was off. It was only capable of splitting the beam when its turned on and glows pink.

It wasn't glowing pink when swung at the Shinkiriou so Gino didn't have it turned on so its just a normal weapon meaning its even weaker than a MVS.

I fail to see how a normal sword can pierce the Shinkirious shields and tear off its arm when even the Siegfried which had much greater mass and force than half an excalibur(or even a whole one) could ever hope to muster, only flicked off a few shards at the edge of its ATP field.

Sunrise just suck balls when it come to consistency.

Also the reason the Excalibur damaged the float unit of the Mordred is because it has no rear blaze luminous shields. Notice how Asahina managed to do the same thing in EP 11 with only a crappy chainsword.

Oh and did anyone think that the float equipped Portman 2 looked hilarious? Well for the 3 secs of screentime it had before crashing into the Damocles shield.
Agreed 100% on all counts; especially about the portman suit. I had to do a double take when I saw it.
Old 2008-09-23, 20:35   Link #1932
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
The show's ending, so they are blowing up all the mecha. Expect Lancelot and Guren to follow next ep. That's basically it. The story called for Shinkirou to go so it went. Lelouch no longer needs a knightmare.
Considering that the Shinkirou only made a debut a few episodes back, yet it got blowed up so early? Its somewhat a pity.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 20:39   Link #1933
Sports72Xtrm

Is that a lance or a shield on Pink Lancelot? Either way looks awesome.
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 20:40   Link #1934
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
Is that a lance or a shield on Pink Lancelot? Either way looks awesome.
It's the missile shield from the Percival.
Old 2008-09-23, 20:42   Link #1935
Sports72Xtrm

Pink Lancelot really wasn't given enough time to shine : /. They should come up with a name for pink lancelot like Gueniveere or Joan of Arc.

Last edited by Sports72Xtrm; 2008-09-23 at 20:54.
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 21:16   Link #1936
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
Pink Lancelot really wasn't given enough time to shine : /. They should come up with a name for pink lancelot like Gueniveere or Joan of Arc.
It has one: C.C.'s Lancelot unit is known as the Lancelot Frontier.
Old 2008-09-24, 02:51   Link #1937
Double 120%
Double Your Fun

Can Guren SEITEN really be considered a 9th Generation Knightmare Frame and Lancelot Albion's equal?

To me, it seems that from the very beginning Lancelot Albion was built from the ground-up to completely be a next generation (ie 9th Generation) Knightmare Frame. While on the other hand, Guren SEITEN seems like it was simply Lloyd and Cecile's pet project and hobby.

Sure it has energy wings and heavily upgraded weapons, but at the core isn't still a 7th ( or 8th?) Seventh Generation Knightmare Frame with upgraded 9th Generation weapons?

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that Lancelot Albion is a 9th Generation Knightmare Frame completely while Guren SEITEN is just a heavily heavily upgraded version of the original model.
Old 2008-09-24, 02:54   Link #1938
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Can Guren SEITEN really be considered a 9th Generation Knightmare Frame and Lancelot Albion's equal?

To me, it seems that from the very beginning Lancelot Albion was built from the ground-up to completely be a next generation (ie 9th Generation) Knightmare Frame. While on the other hand, Guren SEITEN seems like it was simply Lloyd and Cecile's pet project and hobby.

Sure it has energy wings and heavily upgraded weapons, but at the core isn't still a 7th ( or 8th?) Seventh Generation Knightmare Frame with upgraded 9th Generation weapons?

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that Lancelot Albion is a 9th Generation Knightmare Frame completely while Guren SEITEN is just a heavily heavily upgraded version of the original model.

The way I see it, the Guren SETITEN was reborn as a 9th Generation Knightmare Frame, starting from the basic body frame to the weapons.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 02:56   Link #1939
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

The Guren is without a doubt ninth-generation. The wings alone make it so, not to mention the hand. Not only that, one should consider that they got the Guren to ninth-generation specs through upgrades, while the Albion had to be built from scratch. That speaks volumes to the modular design of the Guren.
Old 2008-09-24, 04:33   Link #1940
Double 120%
Double Your Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
The way I see it, the Guren SETITEN was reborn as a 9th Generation Knightmare Frame, starting from the basic body frame to the weapons.
That's a good way of putting it.

Tags
mecha