AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-05, 16:52   Link #1921
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Sendai sisters' (More like Jintsuu) theme. 華の二水戦 (2nd Torpedo squadron's splendor.) I did this poor translation on another board. Glamor here is used interchangeably with flower, eloquence and appearance (conotations of the Kanji)

征く 路を照らす 暗闇を切り拓く
Lighting the path ahead, piercing the shroud to seek the way
私の大切なその全てを 護るため For the sake of protecting all those that I hold dear.

誰よりも速く 奔れ 伝えるの この想い Going faster than anyone else, trying to convey this thought
闇に心閉ざしてた 怯えた振りしたままで The darkness only shuts the heart ever tighter, locked in that display of dread.

その照準で 私の 舞台を 見つめていて Take aim (at the target), upon my stage, taking one good look

本当 の気持ちを集めて Gathering all of my true feelings

この身晒して Put myself to the front
照らして Set it alight
解き放て! Send it away!

華の色は徒らに 褪せて消え去るけど The color of flower (glamor) can only dim and fade away in the passage of time
あした 希望 さえあれば [I can] only hope to leave 'hope' behind

貴方が在るその時代まで Until [I]reach the time where you exist
今は駆け抜けるの この夜を 越えて [I am] going full speed ahead crossing through the night.

優しい日々 想う 言葉交わす度深くなる Think back to the days of yore, as the words we've had make it all so real.
戦いの意味それより きっと もっと大切な There must be things that are far more important than the meaning to all this fighting

舞台のぼるその前の気持ちのような 火花 [My] feelings are like the fireworks set before ascending to the stage.

覚悟を决めたなら 戦火を開いて 飛び込むの With the mind made up, [I] let loose the shots, flying straight in
迷・わ・な・い Without a doubt

華の命は移り逝く As the life of flowers fade away with time
闘う鬼百合となり 後ろにはさがらない [I will] not back off upon turning into the devil lily [Tiger lily; eloquence]* of war

深い闇夜を切り裂いて Tearing upon this boundless night
目指すその向こうに 静けさ あるように Pointing to the heading at the other end, hoping to find the peace that we seek.

昨日までの私には とても哀しい日の夢だから This has been a dream about those sorrowful days for me of yesterday.

風に舞う花びらのようね きれい Beautiful, like the pedals dancing in the wind

華の色は徒らに 褪せて消え去るけど The color of flower (glamor) can only dim and fade away in the passage of time
あした 希望さえあれば [I can] only hope to leave 'hope' behind

貴方が在るその隣で If you are by my side
いつか同じ時代を刻めるのなら If we can forge a new era with each other

華の姿も移り往く Then the shape of the flower will move on
いつか違う体となって蘇り and emerge once more in another form

優しい風を護りたい I want to protect that gentle breeze
咲いて散って そして咲く To bloom, to wither, and to bloom again,
遥かな時代へ And spread to the distant age ahead.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2014-09-05 at 21:16.
Old 2014-09-05, 20:51   Link #1922
Azuma Denton
~AD~

I like this better than the akatsuki-sisters...
Wonder who will get the 3rd vocal collection...
Old 2014-09-06, 06:51   Link #1923
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I guess the rest of the ships are:
1) side characters
2) cameos
3) not on screen, but you can hear their voices in the cafeteria.
Old 2014-09-06, 17:04   Link #1924
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
I like this better than the akatsuki-sisters...
Wonder who will get the 3rd vocal collection...
The one filled with the most melancholy to me would be Kongou sisters'. I will post it at a later date. These vocals are actually pretty well thought out, although the Akatsukis' don't really have the kind of depth that the other three songs have.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2014-09-06, 18:58   Link #1925
Azuma Denton
~AD~

How many of the songs has been released?

EDIT:
Found Akagi and Kongou-sisters theme song...
Old 2014-09-06, 21:01   Link #1926
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
the Akatsukis' don't really have the kind of depth that the other three songs have.
- nya. Then again, the Akatsukis are more of a 'cute gag quartet' so it stands to reason their songs aren't nearly as serious (are they even remotely serious most times?) as the other ships/characters. I think my comment (a dozen posts ago) that the Akatsukis make me think of the Lucky Star characters may be pretty spot on. We might even see them take the "Those four girls" role int he actual anime...
http://youtu.be/L6OefT0sM64
Old 2014-09-06, 21:42   Link #1927
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Let's say that the thread had me rolling my eyes when people are going "oh my god so many fans will ragequit the anime if those girls are not in!", like seriously who made them speak for the other fans who likely have other preferences? I said nothing about the Shiratsuyu class, that I prefer over the Akatsuki, nothing about the Sendai sisters, nothing about the Myoukou sisters, cuz I know those are nowhere as popular as Takao and Atago as far as CA are concerned. Because I don't know F about the japanese's preferences (them are the primary audience) and the producers' intentions. And finally, it brings nothing to the discussion.
I didn't know that this thread entered the full-seriousness-no-fun territory. Oh wait, it didn't.

News are trickling in at quite the slow rate while the show itself doesn't even have an air date. It's more natural that fans get excited when something actually shows up than the other way

Anyway, yay for Akatsuki class.
Old 2014-09-06, 22:43   Link #1928
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- nya. Then again, the Akatsukis are more of a 'cute gag quartet' so it stands to reason their songs aren't nearly as serious (are they even remotely serious most times?) as the other ships/characters. I think my comment (a dozen posts ago) that the Akatsukis make me think of the Lucky Star characters may be pretty spot on. We might even see them take the "Those four girls" role int he actual anime...
http://youtu.be/L6OefT0sM64
I wouldn't mind that. And yeah, in canon stuff the Akatsukis aren't so serious, since they do act the age they look. It's the fanworks that really take advantage of their background for some sad stuff. Except for the lady, who often gets the short end of the stick.
Old 2014-09-07, 04:13   Link #1929
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
I wouldn't mind that. And yeah, in canon stuff the Akatsukis aren't so serious, since they do act the age they look. It's the fanworks that really take advantage of their background for some sad stuff. Except for the lady, who often gets the short end of the stick.
She doesn't get enough characterization. It's hard to really bring her to life when her wartime exploits aren't enough to make her feel alive. Verniy and Yuudachi come almost naturally in comparison.

Old 2014-09-07, 04:28   Link #1930
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Even Ikazuchi got something going for her.
Old 2014-09-07, 05:27   Link #1931
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Even Ikazuchi got something going for her.
Come to think of it, the Beaver is an interesting case. Her official vibe as a happy little chipmunk blessed with great luck is universally accepted, but the devs kind of eased off on her 'sole survivor' status. Fanon is what fills the gap when it comes to Beaver's grimdark aspects if anything.

Old 2014-09-07, 05:54   Link #1932
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Fanon is what fills the gap when it comes to Beaver's grimdark aspects if anything.
As far as I remember, Sakazaki Freddie is one of the very few who dealt with that aspect of Beaver.
Old 2014-09-07, 09:25   Link #1933
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

It's a bit hard to take seriously someone who reminds you of a rodent and doesn't wear proper clothes to boot

And from what I observe, the official 4koma and much of fanon seem to attribute Yukikaze's success to just dumb luck, which is indeed a factor, but ignores the fact that her hardiness was also attributed to her crew, some of the IJN's best veterans. Though ironically the reason why her crew got so good was thanks to her luck which helped her survive all those battles

That's partly why I want a Yukikaze Kai Ni as the ROC flagship Dan Yang. Cheongsam usually adds a feel of maturity to a lady and that might be what Yukikaze needs (for now) to get folks to take her a bit more seriously =3

Signature by liro
Old 2014-09-07, 10:08   Link #1934
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
It's a bit hard to take seriously someone who reminds you of a rodent and doesn't wear proper clothes to boot

And from what I observe, the official 4koma and much of fanon seem to attribute Yukikaze's success to just dumb luck, which is indeed a factor, but ignores the fact that her hardiness was also attributed to her crew, some of the IJN's best veterans. Though ironically the reason why her crew got so good was thanks to her luck which helped her survive all those battles

That's partly why I want a Yukikaze Kai Ni as the ROC flagship Dan Yang. Cheongsam usually adds a feel of maturity to a lady and that might be what Yukikaze needs (for now) to get folks to take her a bit more seriously =3
Akagi's been flagship of CarDiv1 for 20 years, but she's known as a glutton in Kancolle who was undone by being careless...

Lot of people have wondered about Tan Yang come to think of it. It would surprise me if the devs actually make it happen.

Old 2014-09-07, 10:19   Link #1935
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
She doesn't get enough characterization. It's hard to really bring her to life when her wartime exploits aren't enough to make her feel alive. Verniy and Yuudachi come almost naturally in comparison.
Which is weird because lack of achievements can be used as a trait in and of itself (see, Agano). The big problem is that her sisters have much more going on.

Also, part of the fun with Yuudachi is that despite turning into a killing machine, she's still Poi-chan in the inside.

Quote:
Come to think of it, the Beaver is an interesting case. Her official vibe as a happy little chipmunk blessed with great luck is universally accepted, but the devs kind of eased off on her 'sole survivor' status. Fanon is what fills the gap when it comes to Beaver's grimdark aspects if anything.
From what I've heard, Aoba should be pretty broken too, but then who would be the reporter girl? Archetypes before trauma, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post

Luck paradox?

Thing is, at this point, Hibiki has the sole survivor thing pretty well handled, if Yukikaze were to have that all of a sudden, it would have less of an impact.

Well, there's an artist that's putting EVERYONE in cheongsams, so there's that. Mogami looks really good in it, by the way.
Old 2014-09-07, 15:25   Link #1936
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Which is weird because lack of achievements can be used as a trait in and of itself (see, Agano). The big problem is that her sisters have much more going on.

Also, part of the fun with Yuudachi is that despite turning into a killing machine, she's still Poi-chan in the inside.

From what I've heard, Aoba should be pretty broken too, but then who would be the reporter girl? Archetypes before trauma, I guess.

Luck paradox?

Thing is, at this point, Hibiki has the sole survivor thing pretty well handled, if Yukikaze were to have that all of a sudden, it would have less of an impact.

Well, there's an artist that's putting EVERYONE in cheongsams, so there's that. Mogami looks really good in it, by the way.
Aoba having PTSD is actually what the design artist had in mind supposedly from what I've read, and it ran against what the devs had wanted of her. On the other hand, Furutaka's "scar" plays really well to her characterization, with good synergy to a gentle voice.

Old 2014-09-07, 15:51   Link #1937
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Aoba having PTSD is actually what the design artist had in mind supposedly from what I've read, and it ran against what the devs had wanted of her. On the other hand, Furutaka's "scar" plays really well to her characterization, with good synergy to a gentle voice.
To be fair, the reporter girl thing works pretty well when you have such a big, eccentric cast, and getting more into fandom, when the chance of harassment from both ways is always present
Old 2014-09-07, 16:50   Link #1938
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Aoba having PTSD is actually what the design artist had in mind supposedly from what I've read, and it ran against what the devs had wanted of her.
I guess the devs want her to be the cause of PTSD rather than to suffer from it, probably to play around with the Association of Aoba's Victims

Signature by liro
Old 2014-09-07, 16:59   Link #1939
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Fubuki firstly.
Old 2014-09-07, 17:07   Link #1940
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Oh my goodness hahahahahaha.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Closed Thread

Tags
ship girls