AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-06-21, 03:11   Link #1941
larethian

I finally just found time to finish v1 of the novels.

Spoilers
Spoiler for general comparison comment without going into specifics
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by larethian; 2015-06-21 at 03:17. Reason: additional comment
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 03:47   Link #1942
BleedingUranium
Who has the most fun wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I finally just found time to finish v1 of the novels.
Interesting. This is the sort of vague comparison I was hoping for, thanks.
BleedingUranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 07:44   Link #1943
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingUranium View Post

Yuuko is Kaori's Anger Translator.
hehehehehehehe
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 10:45   Link #1944
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kinomoto View Post
w8 wut? XD
Lol. Sorry. Wrong name. Hazuki's infatuation with Shuuichi, not Natsuki's (which doesn't exist, as far as we know).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2015-06-21 at 11:08.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 10:45   Link #1945
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Kumiko, Natsuki, and Midori are classmates.
There are other relationships, such as Natsuki's infatuation with Shuuichi.
Are these novel spoilers? Does Natsuki fail a grade and end up a 2nd year again and then falls in love with Shuichi?

Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 11:28   Link #1946
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Are these novel spoilers? Does Natsuki fail a grade and end up a 2nd year again and then falls in love with Shuichi...?]
No, no, no -- just human error (mine). Please don't ignore all the other totally correct things (lol) I say in that post.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2015-06-21, 12:50   Link #1947
BleedingUranium

Boop.

Images
Old 2015-06-21, 13:06   Link #1948
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Lol. Sorry. Wrong name. Hazuki's infatuation with Shuuichi, not Natsuki's (which doesn't exist, as far as we know).
Too late. I officially declare ShuxNatsuki to be a thing and nobody can stop me.

*is shot*
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 16:27   Link #1949
BleedingUranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Too late. I officially declare ShuxNatsuki to be a thing and nobody can stop me.

*is shot*
By Natsuki.

Also, that has to be the worst firing stance I've ever seen, and she's not even closing the correct eye, unless maybe she's left eye dominant, but then she should be shooting left handed. I'm not actually complaining of course, it's completely intentional.
Old 2015-06-21, 16:57   Link #1950
ices
Working Hard

Whaa... here we go Shuuichi's harem... I know, you all doing it intentionally, right! Don't tell that the next is Midori x Shuuichi! **run**

Last edited by ices; 2015-06-21 at 17:11.
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 18:48   Link #1951
deadite

Rewatched the first two episodes. I grinned like an idiot seeing all the characters we grew to know do their thing when we didn't know of them much. Really Kyoani advertising this as K-ON band edition didn't help initial perceptions.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 19:25   Link #1952
BleedingUranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
Rewatched the first two episodes. I grinned like an idiot seeing all the characters we grew to know do their thing when we didn't know of them much.
I know, right!? Everyone from the main characters to all the side characters we love even if we still don't have names for them. For a quick example, everyone take a look at this:

Images
Old 2015-06-21, 19:59   Link #1953
deadite

Also all the band members that were focused on the OP were all focused in some way.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 20:13   Link #1954
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Spoilers
Spoiler for general comparison comment without going into specifics
That's exactly what I would have expected them to do.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 20:29   Link #1955
BleedingUranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
Also all the band members that were focused on the OP were all focused in some way.
Yeah, for the middle part it shows everyone being all depressed with the rainy background, then Kumiko comes along with her umbrella and the clouds break and it becomes sunny. Notably, Asuka is the only one in the sunny part (This was actually pretty much the first thing I posted here).

Images

For the end section we're all well aware it shows the final band lineup, and only focuses on members that made the cut.

However, I only just noticed something interesting in the first part of the OP, as I just screenshotted all those really quick shots. They're all wearing the summer uniform.

Images

Worth noting is there's only one second year Horn player, so she has to be black haired, ribbon/bow girl on the left.

Images

The Alto Sax players are both third years, and the one in the foreground is wearing stockings, making her the blue-ish haired girl on the far left, and her friend with white socks is the girl beside her.

Images
Old 2015-06-21, 20:44   Link #1956
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinematics View Post
The ones that were missing were the oboe and bassoonists (which Uranium didn't include the card from episode 2 for, in his collection, so it took me a bit to come across them).

Lavender hair, this would be Miss Oboe, #62.

Looking at the bassoonist I'd identified, that's Rana Kitamura, section leader, #63. So I assume the unidentified girl next to her is the other bassoonist, #64, though it's difficult to identify the instrument. I think it's just the angle making the red of the bassoon look like the shadow of something behind her.

Meanwhile, the percussion section is supposed to have 6 (three 1st, one 2nd, two 3rd). There are 5 present in the concert hall: two 3rd years, two 1st years, and the one on the kettle drums that I think is the 2nd year. That leaves one 1st year cut.

64 total (I miscounted), minus Aoi, puts 63 in the band. 53 present in the concert image, and 10 cut due to auditions -- 2 trumpets, and 1 each of: clarinet, flute, horn, trombone, euphonium, tuba, alto sax, and percussion.

Total proper count by grade is 22 (two boys), 14, 28 (including Aoi).

Thanks for the general image; it's handy. Though it seems to be missing a number of the main cast's English names, as well as Miss Oboe's English name (Mizore? a rather unusual name).
Mizore is not that unusual as a first name, but her family name Yoroi(d)zuka, is rare.
She will get focus in volume 2, which probably won't be animated.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 22:13   Link #1957
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Has anyone previously posted a link to this page of the official site, which has a huge number of 350x350 jpgs of members of the band? They are poorly identified, some by a couple of letters of their names in the file-name, some just by part. People here with a better grasp of all the characters than I have may be able to work out who they are.
Old 2015-06-21, 22:34   Link #1958
BleedingUranium

Quote:
Has anyone previously posted a link to this page of the official site, which has a huge number of 350x350 jpgs of members of the band? They are poorly identified, some by a couple of letters of their names in the file-name, some just by part. People here with a better grasp of all the characters than I have may be able to work out who they are.
I haven't seen these before, thanks! Oh and before anyone goes insane trying to save them all, the two large sections have a download button under them.

These will be an excellent way for me to keep track of people's names, with them each having their own picture (unlike the character cards which are only the main characters, and I have most of them memorized at this point).

Last edited by BleedingUranium; 2015-06-22 at 00:16.
Old 2015-06-22, 00:15   Link #1959
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Quote:
Interesting to see, but I don't see anything indicating names in the first section; it just uses a 2-letter abbreviation for their instrument (cl=clarinet, tu=tuba, sa=saxaphone, etc). Only the second section uses name initials, but we already know who all of those people are.
Kinematics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 00:17   Link #1960
BleedingUranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinematics View Post
Interesting to see, but I don't see anything indicating names in the first section; it just uses a 2-letter abbreviation for their instrument (cl=clarinet, tu=tuba, sa=saxaphone, etc). Only the second section uses name initials, but we already know who all of those people are.
Oddly they split the Bassoons and Oboe there, but listed Piccolo as another Flute.

So what exactly is Miss Oboe's name? It's not translated on the chart, and you guys made it confusing up there. Otherwise, I'm done naming my picture files; I find it much more usable than the chart (not for posting here obviously) partly because I can copy-paste the names as needed, being actual text.

Not technically new info, but I just noticed these: We know the names of all the male members, and we don't know the names of any of the Alto Sax players. Also, Miss Tenor Sax (that isn't Aoi) is really cute.

Do we know any names from the novels that we don't have on the chart? I can't see how they would be spoilers, though on the other hand it may be impossible to put names to faces most of the time.

Oh, speaking of names without faces: Okamoto, Ouno, Morimoto, Maki, Mihara (all family names).

Images

And from the audition roll call, Saki Kayama in Percussion is the short haired, glasses wearing third year, because they're called by year and she's the only female third year.

Last edited by BleedingUranium; 2015-06-22 at 00:30.

Tags
band, high school drama, music, orchestra