AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-01-28, 23:02   Link #1941
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

no i mean like, since all she has to do is choose the opposite of what she wants because she has 0% chance
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 23:05   Link #1942
ApatheticMan

Absolute Victory Unlosing Ranger

Wonder if Touma ever played this game as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wn6NYU7QeU

The more you die the stronger you get?!

Randomly Generated Dungeons?
ApatheticMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 23:18   Link #1943
AmazingDarkKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApatheticMan View Post
Absolute Victory Unlosing Ranger

Wonder if Touma ever played this game as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wn6NYU7QeU

The more you die the stronger you get?!

Randomly Generated Dungeons?
This. Is. PREFECT!!!!
So this is how Touma trains. Lol
Old 2014-01-29, 00:04   Link #1944
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
no i mean like, since all she has to do is choose the opposite of what she wants because she has 0% chance
Allow me to rephrase that: "Othinus now changes attack pattern."
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 00:50   Link #1945
Singally

Quote:
Okay, everyone. It’s time to see a truly lovestruck blonde-haired, green-eyed goddess.
I'm really hoping this isn't Kamachi just messing with us because I feel ToumaxOthinus moments would be truly hilarious. Even more so if it's in front of the others.
Singally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 01:01   Link #1946
Traitless
Gamer and To Aru person.

Location: In a place far, far away. Just joking, in my house.
Quote:
Now, fight.
Clench your right fist to protect the life and smile of a single girl.
Kamijou TouMAN Vs. The World

Oh it is real baby.

But seriously, I got confused when he woke back in Sargasso again until Othinus said this:

Quote:
“I was creating the lance in order to control my power as a Magic God. But then Ollerus used the fairy spell he had developed in secret. At first, I used that to control my power in the negative direction to create another form of a Magic God. And I succeeded. At first, anyway.”
Then it clicked.

Kamachi man... You made me speechless...
Traitless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 01:14   Link #1947
WiliamZ0

The final part is here ... Sadly, this final part mark the end of NT9 ... Now need to wait until next volume come again

It's nice to see the last part. Man I almost can feel it. Still ... I never guess, Touma lost like that. Damn, now I kinda like Othinus despite what she done to Touma before. Damn
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 01:22   Link #1948
Traitless
Gamer and To Aru person.

Quote:
His movements to the left and right were already sealed off and now Othinus had thrown a straight pitch. For the first time, Kamijou swung his right hand. But not in a straight impact meant to destroy. He scooped his hand up from below, traced his hand along the surface of the arrow, and diverted its trajectory upwards.
Nice deflection by Touma.
Is this arrow beyond IB's negation speed too? Or did he improvise and deflected the arrow in a way? Just wanted to clarify.

Quote:
The final arrow broke through the girl’s entire body and assaulted Kamijou from the blind spot directly in front of him.
“…Ah.”
Time stopped.
He was too slow to react.
By the time he heard a dull sound, the final arrow had already been absorbed into his chest and accurately targeted his heart.
The only thing I understand here is that he was blindly shot on his upper chest, effectively detaching his heart and lower part of the body from him before he could touch Othinus.
Did Othinus like dematerialize at that nanosecond to let the arrow pass through her? Or is it just because of the fact the she is a "Magic God"? xD

Last edited by Traitless; 2014-01-29 at 01:23. Reason: Spelling and grammar issues. I need more time in English >.>
Old 2014-01-29, 01:26   Link #1949
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

that's that, truly amazing
I was having the same feelings as Touma when Othinus got blasted , it simply wouldnt be right to see
but yeah
Quote:
“You’re Othinus, aren’t you!? You brought chaos to Tokyo and caused trouble for everyone!! We won’t let you do what you want anymore!!”

Kamijou truly stopped breathing for an instant.

That threatening aura and hostile tone of voice were not like Index’s normal self.
sent chills up my spine.

cant wait for next volume
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 01:26   Link #1950
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitless View Post
Did Othinus like dematerialize at that nanosecond to let the arrow pass through her? Or is it just because of the fact the she is a "Magic God"? xD
She just regenerate herself there. She really got obliterated by her own arrow, but its easy to heal herself after that, unlike Touma.

But man, next volume gonna be epic. Touma vs The World. Looks like all that exp Touma collect in alpha and his loops against Othinus going to be useful for something. And masterful work by Kamachi here, to be able to make the reader pity Othinus even after that alpha, beta, omega, and even make her situation so similar to Touma like that, damn.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 01:34   Link #1951
WiliamZ0

Quote:
“Then I will save you. Even if it means fighting the entire world!!”

The entire world’s hatred was focused on a single person.

That girl had been driven to the verge of death while all alone.

It may have started as something she deserved and the tragedy may have been a result of the world punishing people properly, but Kamijou Touma did not want to see the word “justice” causing someone to suffer like this.

He could not accept a future where people lived in peace after accepting a girl’s slaughter with a smile.

It was not that anyone was at fault.

The Anglican Church, the Russian Orthodox Church, the Roman Catholic Church, the United States of America, France, Academy City, Ollerus, Fiamma of the Right, Birdway, Lessar, Misaka Mikoto, and Index were all blameless. None of them set up this situation for malicious reasons.

It was simply an issue of shifted timing.

There was an interruption of time that only Kamijou Touma and Othinus knew about.

She had changed.

Unless he could find a way of explaining all that and immediately bringing an end to the fighting, he would have to fight them, even if just for the moment.

He could not let the good will of Index and the others bring about unnecessary bloodshed.

The boy had longed for this place so much that he had said farewell to all the smiles in the world.

And now he turned his back on it once more.

But that was not because he did not understand its value.

In order to truly return there, Kamijou Touma gathered strength in his right fist and silently made up his mind in front of a battered girl.

Now, fight.

Clench your right fist to protect the life and smile of a single girl.
This make me think OTP (Othinus Touma Pairing) is kinda official now.

Now from Afterword
Quote:
Ideally, every incident would end in a single volume and the only exception would be the occasional two-parter, but here we are at the middle of a three-parter. As you know if you have read the volume through to the end, the next volume will be a boss rush of all the monsters Kamijou has dealt with thus far!! You can look forward to seeing a high school boy’s actions after he carelessly makes an enemy of the world for the sake of the troublesome circumstances of a single girl!!
Wait middle of 3-parter ... Does it meant this Arc still far from over ?!

Quote:
Okay, everyone. It’s time to see a truly lovestruck blonde-haired, green-eyed goddess.
I thought this part only a joke ... but it actually existed ?! This should be good
Old 2014-01-29, 01:35   Link #1952
II Maestro

Just read the entire volume good thing I was able to hold back the urge to read bit by bit updates.

Touma saying he will fight the entire world just to protect Othinus was awesome.

Looking forward to what the afterword stated.

Quote:
Bring on the lovestruck goddess.
Old 2014-01-29, 01:38   Link #1953
Singally

Quote:
“I was creating the lance in order to control my power as a Magic God. But then Ollerus used the fairy spell he had developed in secret. At first, I used that to control my power in the negative direction to create another form of a Magic God. And I succeeded. At first, anyway.”

Maybe I'm just too tired at this point but I can't comprehend how the fairy spell leaves her with any ability to perform her magic. If it's guaranteed failure how does she work around that? Even doing the opposite action should still result in the spell not activating I figured.

Anyway, anyone willing to explain concept of 0% Magic God and how she works around that will earn my forum gratitude.
Singally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 01:40   Link #1954
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

That was incredible. I applaud you Kamachi for this amazing volume.

In the end, Kamijou's world is like a combo of world ALPHA and OMEGA for Othinus.

Quote:
Can Kamijou Touma never make any selfish demands?

He had to ask that question after being driven into quite an extreme situation. I thought I would show his human side in a story like this and I felt it was fine to finally show him crying, but what did you think?
*applause*
Kamijou has gotten some outstanding character development in NT and it culminated right here. It was great. Enough said there.

Quote:
Surprise-surprise. That was actually real.
--------------
One more thing...I can see Aleister appearing in the next volume in front of Touma and Othinus to give his 'LOL. NOPE.'
Old 2014-01-29, 01:41   Link #1955
bakapervert
A pervert

The afterword:

Quote:
After repeating the loop for thousands or even tens of thousands of times, Kamijou has quickly reached the position of a martial arts master in a kung fu movie or an ancient little girl that speaks like an old woman.
I hope this not only refer to Touma's mental state, but also to his actual skill.

Also can't wait to see 'WTF's face of all Touma's ally in the next volume. Of all people, Touma is the one that fall to the dark side. XD
Old 2014-01-29, 01:45   Link #1956
Daft

So... should I take that bit about martial arts skill level up in the afterward seriously? Or should I not expect any random mooks to get their behinds swiftly handed back to them?

Of course I will keep my delusions up that someone will cockily remove Touma's right arm in the next volume, leading to their team getting stomped. It'll happen one day if only to solidify Aleister/Aiwass as the only remaining enemies at the end of the series
Daft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 01:46   Link #1957
Traitless
Gamer and To Aru person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
The afterword:

I hope this not only refer to Touma's mental state, but also to his actual skill.
Maybe it refers to the increase of his stats in Analyzation Speed and such, but then again what I am talking about is completely unrelated to what you are questioning.

I'm crazy like that.
Old 2014-01-29, 01:51   Link #1958
WiliamZ0

By Kamachi.exe

Quote:
the next volume will be a boss rush of all the monsters Kamijou has dealt with thus far!! You can look forward to seeing a high school boy’s actions after he carelessly makes an enemy of the world for the sake of the troublesome circumstances of a single girl!!
Ah, I see. This certainly interesting. I can image that end of the battle would be against Thor :3
Old 2014-01-29, 01:52   Link #1959
Trung-t-rung

Am I the only one who look forward to see how Touma will beat all his allies ?
Quote:
the next volume will be a boss rush of all the monsters Kamijou has dealt with thus far!! You can look forward to seeing a high school boy’s actions after he carelessly makes an enemy of the world for the sake of the troublesome circumstances of a single girl!!
So a rematch against all the boss characters huh ?
Wonder how he will deal with Saint level enemies, though.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 01:53   Link #1960
bakapervert
A pervert

I think there really is an increase in TOuma's kungfu here. Like in this scene:

Quote:
For the first time, Kamijou swung his right hand. But not in a straight impact meant to destroy. He scooped his hand up from below, traced his hand along the surface of the arrow, and diverted its trajectory upwards.
This one remind me of a scene in kungfu panda where the fat panda alter the trajectory of a cannon ball. He will need all that kungfu in the next volume to face the boss rush.

Tags
infinite hell