Notices

Old 2008-03-17, 16:55   Link #1941
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless View Post
LOL, so it's OFFICIAL, Kazuki LOVES Jin, LOL, so I was right all the time Kazuki is now the top Tsundere of all time I guess
DO YOU REALLY HAVE TO RAPE MY MIND LIKE THAT!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
...The problem is when the series first started it had great potential...
If it makes you feel any better then that doesn't include me

For me this is nothing more than classic shounen cheese from start to finish and I've never really gotten into it unlike other series of a similar genre. I guess if I wasn't so bored, I won't be watching it in the first place

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 17:45   Link #1942
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
So like me you were ready to torch the studio when they knocked off Machina and Akira. What are your thoughts now?
Personally I wouldn't want to lose the chance to make use of the pitchfork .
Old 2008-03-17, 19:24   Link #1943
hello_ct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
For me this is nothing more than classic shounen cheese from start to finish and I've never really gotten into it unlike other series of a similar genre. I guess if I wasn't so bored, I won't be watching it in the first place
Silly question, but if you're bored, why not just watch good anime instead?
hello_ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 19:29   Link #1944
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_ct View Post
Silly question, but if you're bored, why not just watch good anime instead?
There is only so many GOOD animes to go around sadly and in between the agonizing wait for new episodes from said GOOD anime we need something to distract ourselves. Im not saying this is DK's reasons but sometimes i need a break from work and school and even if a sucky anime at least it gets my mind of things for a while.
Old 2008-03-17, 23:57   Link #1945
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
There is only so many GOOD animes to go around sadly and in between the agonizing wait for new episodes from said GOOD anime we need something to distract ourselves. Im not saying this is DK's reasons but sometimes i need a break from work and school and even if a sucky anime at least it gets my mind of things for a while.
You know Code geass R2 will be aired next month? Anyway all i can say That Dragonaut The Resonance is a miserable failure. I mean Ridicilous Plot Ever even Haruhi's VAs is in it.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 00:54   Link #1946
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

Quote:
I second this reason.

What the hell? Never have I felt more disappointed in anime then I do today. For shame Dragonaut for shame.

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 02:03   Link #1947
Shobu

Call me crazy, but I thought Code Geass sucked...unwatchably bad. DN is bad what watchable, CG wasnt. Hence why the next season is all about Macross Frontier for me...CG R2 is overhyped crap imo. Can't wait til its off the air so Gundam 00 2nd season is back. Eh, just goes to show how everyone's different...
Shobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 02:38   Link #1948
hello_ct

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-random View Post
I second this reason.

What the hell? Never have I felt more disappointed in anime then I do today. For shame Dragonaut for shame.
For shame? How many of the episodes have you been following for now?

My point is, why persist with something that is crap, and that you've always thought was crap?
There are plenty of other things to do other than watch crap anime (re-watch a good series from the past or even, dare I say, non anime-related activities).

I didn't think Witch Hunter Robin was any good, so rather than waste any more time on it, I stopped watching it after I was sure it wasn't getting any better and forgot about it.
I found other things to do. Easily.
hello_ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 03:05   Link #1949
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
As for Kazuki, He will Eat My Heart Out!!!
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 03:27   Link #1950
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

Quote:

My point is, why persist with something that is crap, and that you've always thought was crap?
There are plenty of other things to do other than watch crap anime (re-watch a good series from the past or even, dare I say, non anime-related activities).

I didn't think Witch Hunter Robin was any good, so rather than waste any more time on it, I stopped watching it after I was sure it wasn't getting any better and forgot about it.
Just finished watching episode 23 when I wrote that. Of course there is non anime related stuff in my life. You have got to be like somekind of closet worm living under a rock to not have non anime related stuff. I take offense to what you said. Just joking.

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 04:05   Link #1951
Zippicus

Quote:

It's been discussed a few times in this thread, the short version is the train wreck effect. You know it's going to be horrific but you find yourself unable to turn away until it's over. A bunch of us fall into that category
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 06:53   Link #1952
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

A bunch ? I thought we all did ?
I told a friend how Fail this show was and that made him want to watch it. he even started watching it , and the guy doesn't even have much time for anime.
Maybe this was Gonzo's plan all along ? they made a show so bad people actually watch it ?
It's like they tried to match Soul Link , but yeah...Soul Link is unbeatable.
Anyway , now that Kazuki as redeemed himself , I expect him to die in a very Heroic way a la " Sacrifice to save the world " .
Almost would make some kind of sense now that Gio has joined the dark side. Which is actually the good side since most of the post on this thread want Thanatos to wipe out the earth xD .
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 06:57   Link #1953
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
Akira and Machina seemed a particularly inappropriate pair for Thantos to use as its spokesbeings for that.

Next week I predict Thantaos will use Asim as its spokesperson for understanding what other people think.
Weren't they trying to convince Gio to not destroy earth? They never said why thanatos decided to destroy earth in the first place. From what I remember they only said that by performing a resonance the dragons obtained "heart".
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 07:28   Link #1954
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
It's like they tried to match Soul Link , but yeah...Soul Link is unbeatable.
The only thing bad part about Soul Link was the pretty awful animation that started about half way in, though apart from that i didn't see anything wrong with the series. Now Dragonaut, there's a show with bad writing. Sometimes it can be alright, though times like Kazuki on beach scene --- talk about the destruction of your own creation.

Quote:
My answer.

I quite like this show when it's good, it's just when you look back on it, you see that wasn't very often. Also i'm one of the special people that never drops a show.
Old 2008-03-18, 07:45   Link #1955
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The only thing bad part about Soul Link was the pretty awful animation that started about half way in, though apart from that i didn't see anything wrong with the series. Now Dragonaut, there's a show with bad writing. Sometimes it can be alright, though times like Kazuki on beach scene --- talk about the destruction of your own creation.
TBH , I repressed everything i could of Soul Link from my mind , all I can remember is that it was the worst anime i had ever seen.
Although Dragonaut is bad , It hasn't traumatized me yet.
But It may be due to Toa who makes up for it.
one thing i was unable to wipe out of my mind from Soul link was " SHUHEI-KUN !SHUHEI-KUN !SHUHEI-KUN !SHUHEI-KUN !SHUHEI-KUN !SHUHEI-KUN !SHUHEI-KUN !SHUHEI-KUN !SHUHEI-KUN !SHUHEI-KUN !SHUHEI-KUN !SHUHEI-KUN ! " and so on . >_>
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 07:56   Link #1956
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I just think you're going way over the top with your dislike for Soul Link.
Old 2008-03-18, 07:59   Link #1957
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
Weren't they trying to convince Gio to not destroy earth? They never said why thanatos decided to destroy earth in the first place. From what I remember they only said that by performing a resonance the dragons obtained "heart".
I was thinking of the bit when ?Machina? said

"Humans are an imperfect creature that can only hate and hurt itself."

Not an obvious conclusion from Machina and Akira's relationship and behaviour in the series. The bit that follows about humans only using dragons as weapons and not trying to understand them doesn't fit that pair either.

Gio certainly thinks she's being a bit anti.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 08:27   Link #1958
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
If this had started off as a comedy, mock-parody-sci-fi B movie type of anime series, then i would think this would be a worthy series, at leased to laugh.

but when you set out to be serious and end up...strange.....and quite ridiculous.

well, you can only expect the worse, and like someone mention, it's like a train wreak, your in the back carriages still hoping the momentum would stop when the cabin hits the crash zone.
The thing is, the characters like Thanatos, the Professor, the female scientist even Tor are relatively sane. they are likeable and at leased comprehendable compared to Gin & Kazuki's relationship.............................

oh well the end is near.....
Old 2008-03-18, 09:19   Link #1959
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
TBH , I repressed everything i could of Soul Link from my mind , all I can remember is that it was the worst anime i had ever seen.
Although Dragonaut is bad , It hasn't traumatized me yet.
But It may be due to Toa who makes up for it.
one thing i was unable to wipe out of my mind from Soul link was " SHUHEI-KUN !SHUHEI-KUN !SHUHEI-KUN !SHUHEI-KUN !SHUHEI-KUN !SHUHEI-KUN !SHUHEI-KUN !SHUHEI-KUN !SHUHEI-KUN !SHUHEI-KUN !SHUHEI-KUN !SHUHEI-KUN ! " and so on . >_>
Thanks Samanosuke i thought the trauma of Soul had been passed and deleted from most peoples minds, oh god the memories. I agree that has to be one of the worst animes i have ever seen though there are others that are much much much worse.. Dragonaut is bad im not sure how i classify it against Soul Link though.
Old 2008-03-18, 10:26   Link #1960
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
So like me you were ready to torch the studio when they knocked off Machina and Akira. What are your thoughts now?
No coherent thoughts I've been boobotomised!

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, sci-fi