AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-02-01, 03:25   Link #1941
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I tried my luck on pony farming today, cleared Levi & Shiva ex at least 10-15 times each, saw one Shiva Pony I lost roll really badly .

Group started turn 13 progression, we made to 64% in our best attempts so far (about 1/2 thru 2nd phase of 4-ish phases total), not bad so far. Fight is really heretic, we almost always seem to have someone die before 75% right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
Wonderful.

So I can do Titan or Leviathan next, it looks like.
Who's better to do first?
Unless you really want to do ifrit for some reason, just skip titan and go for Levi he leads to unlocks for other ones.

Also they aren't super difficult if everyone knows the fight, but learning and getting the first clear can be very tricky sometime.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 12:04   Link #1942
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Images
FFVII
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Apparently it's coming out this upcoming patch... looks like I'm gonna be picking this one up.

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad

Last edited by Kotohono; 2015-02-01 at 13:22.
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 12:22   Link #1943
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
720 days is going to take a while but I want that.
Old 2015-02-02, 15:57   Link #1944
Dark Wing

having seen the previews for 3.0 I have to say I kind of like what I see.

I've heard rumors that new race Au Ra maybe results of the union between Shiva and a dragon. Any truth to that?
Old 2015-02-02, 17:29   Link #1945
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
having seen the previews for 3.0 I have to say I kind of like what I see.

I've heard rumors that new race Au Ra maybe results of the union between Shiva and a dragon. Any truth to that?
Well....
Spoiler for 2.4 Dreams of Ice story spoilers...:
MAL
Old 2015-02-09, 02:31   Link #1946
Alchemist007
*Author

Got fisher from 20->50 in a couple days...just to catch my own fish for the flint caviar food. Even got 3 of the foragers gears (and melded) since I can, overkill for that particular fish but might as well!
Old 2015-02-10, 06:47   Link #1947
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Just curious... can you craft even if your retainers are holding all your mats?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 15:37   Link #1948
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I don't believe so, you have to hold the mats in your inventory.
Old 2015-02-10, 15:43   Link #1949
cyberdemon

is there more to 2.5 that has yet to come out?
Old 2015-02-10, 18:47   Link #1950
holybell84

24th, 2.51 featuring mainly the Gold Saucer and the last Zodiac weapon quest will be out. Then 1 month later, the 2nd part of 2.5
Old 2015-02-17, 05:11   Link #1951
R.LocK
My turn

I thought I was a bad DPS. Well, it seems like I'm not. Starring today: Ifrit! Normal mode! Three tries! The worst run ever!

Wanna know why?

One! Tank couldn't pull aggro off me. I was forced to kite Ifrit half of the two fights 'cuz tank was damn useless.

Two! We failed the easiest DPS check ever 'cuz my attention was divided between running from Ifrit and dealing with the rod. Also, Lancer was burning Ifrit. Heck, even Healer was burning the rod while healing me.

Three! Lancer was running ahead of the Tank at the start of the fight. ...Yeah, I don't know why. The aggro was always on me afterwards. Or on Healer. But then on me again >.>

Four! And even after Lancer stopped burning Ifrit while the rod was up, even after Tank started pulling the aggro on himself... I was forced to kite Ifrit after the DPS check. Why? Because LNC and Tank died while I was not looking. So I was burning Ifrit while Ifrit was burning me and Healer tried to keep me alive while my Second Breath was on CD.

Ugh!

Anyone had a worse Ifrit run on Normal?
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-17, 09:56   Link #1952
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
I thought I was a bad DPS. Well, it seems like I'm not. Starring today: Ifrit! Normal mode! Three tries! The worst run ever!

Wanna know why?

One! Tank couldn't pull aggro off me. I was forced to kite Ifrit half of the two fights 'cuz tank was damn useless.

Two! We failed the easiest DPS check ever 'cuz my attention was divided between running from Ifrit and dealing with the rod. Also, Lancer was burning Ifrit. Heck, even Healer was burning the rod while healing me.

Three! Lancer was running ahead of the Tank at the start of the fight. ...Yeah, I don't know why. The aggro was always on me afterwards. Or on Healer. But then on me again >.>

Four! And even after Lancer stopped burning Ifrit while the rod was up, even after Tank started pulling the aggro on himself... I was forced to kite Ifrit after the DPS check. Why? Because LNC and Tank died while I was not looking. So I was burning Ifrit while Ifrit was burning me and Healer tried to keep me alive while my Second Breath was on CD.

Ugh!

Anyone had a worse Ifrit run on Normal?
sounds like my first attempt at Ifrit when I started the game. Ifrit was bouncing all over the place because Tank couldn't hold aggro. we couldn't get the nail done as a result. Tank blamed everyone but himself and bailed. With the next tank that came in we got it done swiftly with no issues.
Old 2015-02-17, 10:06   Link #1953
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Got myself to lvl50 whm. Gonna see if I'm a better tank or healbitch in this game.
Old 2015-02-17, 10:46   Link #1954
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Got myself to lvl50 whm. Gonna see if I'm a better tank or healbitch in this game.
I hope you've got Swiftcast, it's practically mandatory to raise ppl in the middle of end game fights.

I'm retired now but I've got several months of experience as healer both with WHM and SCH, so I know the strong and weak points of both classes. You may hear people say that SCH is harder to use, but I personally disagree. a WHM must be very careful about two things: MP management and Hate control, which a SCH has really no problems with.

My advice is to always remember that you are not the only healer. Do not overdo cures unless when you are required to go all out. A WHM strongest point is his mass healing abilities so that's where you are mostly required to prove your worth, be sure to have enough MP for when Bosses are going to cause mass damages. If there's a scholar in party it's usually best to let him do the raisings (but you must try to be aware of his swiftcast recast in case multiple people die).

Regen is your best friend, but it is also a constant source of hate. And the more regens are active the more hate per second you get. Now competent tanks do not have problems getting hate on adds if you only used one or two regens, but things can get very problematic if you use medica II (mass regen effect) just before adds are popping, especially when there's a lot of them spread out on a very large area.

Needless to say it but Healers are especially required to know in advance which moves the bosses are going to use next. Sometimes you need to precast, sometimes you need to preemptively position yourself on safe spots, because as a WHM you really can't cure while running.

All Extremes are particularly designed to give healers a hard time. Garuda specifically targets healers with her aoe (but that's exploitable), Titan always imprisons a healer, Ifrit hates healers with a passion, your sense of positioning and awareness will but put to the test. Against Leviathan you must learn how to keep a tank alive without using direct cures, and thus you must position yourself in a way to get everyone except that tank with mass healing. Thornmarch? You get a few seconds to erase randomly assigned negative statuses that will instakill the afflicted persons.

Fun stuff.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 13:12   Link #1955
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Things my static learned today: Monk is gamebreaking cause of dragon kick.

We had some many deaths from not being perfect on T13 before that we rarely got to the adds phase, now since we got our nin to mnk, we almost never having deaths early on, time to die a lot of while learning the add phase now .
MAL
Old 2015-02-19, 04:11   Link #1956
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

we are still stuck on t12...i swear our nin is useless, always stuffing up white/blackfire and never moving for blue fire when its on him, i think his more focused on max dps than actually learning the fight
Old 2015-02-19, 04:23   Link #1957
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

My erratic work schedule precludes me from joining scheduled statics, so I usually just live off on DF.

And I'm finally feeling the wait DPS' have to bare with in DF having just started a LNC.
Old 2015-02-19, 04:46   Link #1958
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Things my static learned today: Monk is gamebreaking cause of dragon kick.

We had some many deaths from not being perfect on T13 before that we rarely got to the adds phase, now since we got our nin to mnk, we almost never having deaths early on, time to die a lot of while learning the add phase now .
My static has no monk, so the 2 casters have i90 acc to boost their hp to acceptable levels lol.

Most T13 practice party on pf rely quite heavily on having monks in the party to the point sometimes they cannot start for hours.
Old 2015-02-20, 01:06   Link #1959
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
My static has no monk, so the 2 casters have i90 acc to boost their hp to acceptable levels lol.

Most T13 practice party on pf rely quite heavily on having monks in the party to the point sometimes they cannot start for hours.
We had few ppl with vit acc, it still wasn't enough to make consistency for them living.

Anyways with mnk today, we managed to die to Terra Flare for the first time today, now we just need to get thru the adds without half the group dead, so we can hope to live next time . (mnk will i130 weapon next week so should go a bit better). I can definitely see why people tend to rely on mnk for learning the fight.
MAL
Old 2015-02-24, 05:23   Link #1960
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So what will you guys spend your time on in MGS? I'll probably be racing Chocobos more than the others.

Okay Manderville Gold Saucer is my new favorite place on earth. Especially hilarious when half the server's in there.

Last edited by Kotohono; 2015-02-24 at 21:32.

Tags
mmorpg