AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2021-04-06, 21:58   Link #19581
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Tsunako’s, but NOCO’s art has its own charm.
I much prefer Tsunako's myself. Was it due to a scheduling conflict that she couldn't illustrate for DAB? I would very much like to find out what her design for Inverse Kurumi would have looked like.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-06, 23:04   Link #19582
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
That sounds like a big hit on your wallet. Do you like Tsunako's version of Kurumi or NOCO's version of Kurumi from DAB better?

Here's the April Fool's picture of "DAL Girl's Side"--could you tell me who the artist is?

Holy Crap, i soooo want this
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-07, 05:53   Link #19583
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
I much prefer Tsunako's myself. Was it due to a scheduling conflict that she couldn't illustrate for DAB? I would very much like to find out what her design for Inverse Kurumi would have looked like.
I would imagine it’s because she was already doing DAL. The books for both series were usually written/illustrated at the same time, so it would have doubled her workload, and realistically have been logistically impossible.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-07, 10:19   Link #19584
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rose Princess View Post
I would imagine it’s because she was already doing DAL. The books for both series were usually written/illustrated at the same time, so it would have doubled her workload, and realistically have been logistically impossible.
I suppose it was also due to Tsunako's commitments at Compile Heart too. But then again, there aren't that many illustrations (and they are in black and white, which is simpler than full-colour illustrations) in both the DAB and DAL novels (it's not anywhere near as demanding as a manga to illustrate either), so it's probably more due to her work at Compile Heart (requiring many more illustrations, in full-colour) that nudged her out of illustrating for DAB.

Maybe a compromise would have been for her to design Inverse Kurumi first, and then have NOCO just illustrate it based off that design where necessary.
Old 2021-04-07, 17:31   Link #19585
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
I suppose it was also due to Tsunako's commitments at Compile Heart too. But then again, there aren't that many illustrations (and they are in black and white, which is simpler than full-colour illustrations) in both the DAB and DAL novels (it's not anywhere near as demanding as a manga to illustrate either), so it's probably more due to her work at Compile Heart (requiring many more illustrations, in full-colour) that nudged her out of illustrating for DAB.
You must remember, she's also mostly retired now.

Quote:
Maybe a compromise would have been for her to design Inverse Kurumi first, and then have NOCO just illustrate it based off that design where necessary.
We have no proof that wasn't the case. Furthermore, the Astral Dress could have been altered because of Sawa.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.

Letting Go
Old 2021-04-08, 20:37   Link #19586
Mazryonh

Quote:
You must remember, she's also mostly retired now.
Oh, that's news to me. When did she make that announcement? Do you have a link in English? Did she cut ties with Compile Heart? Last I heard she was still willing to illustrate for the next work written by DAL's author.

Quote:
We have no proof that wasn't the case. Furthermore, the Astral Dress could have been altered because of Sawa.
I'd like official confirmation in any case. And I'm banking on Inverse Kurumi having been designed by NOCO, because Inverse Kurumi's Astral Dress bucks the trend of the Inverse Spirits we've seen so far from Tsunako wearing less than the original Spirits do (confirmed for Tohka, Origami, and Yoshino). Inverse Kurumi is the odd one out, because she's wearing more clothing than non-Inverse Kurumi is.

I also remember someone on this forum saying that "Tsunako thinks revealing (clothing) designs are cute." Inverse Kurumi's Astral Dress is decidedly not revealing.
Old 2021-04-09, 03:49   Link #19587
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
For DAL’s 10th anniversary, Kadokawa is releasing several new goods featuring a new Tohka amd Kurumi illustration, and several other new items based on old illustrations and images.

https://store.kadokawa.co.jp/shop/e/ept00076/
Old 2021-04-09, 06:18   Link #19588
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Oh, that's news to me. When did she make that announcement? Do you have a link in English? Did she cut ties with Compile Heart? Last I heard she was still willing to illustrate for the next work written by DAL's author.

I'd like official confirmation in any case. And I'm banking on Inverse Kurumi having been designed by NOCO, because Inverse Kurumi's Astral Dress bucks the trend of the Inverse Spirits we've seen so far from Tsunako wearing less than the original Spirits do (confirmed for Tohka, Origami, and Yoshino). Inverse Kurumi is the odd one out, because she's wearing more clothing than non-Inverse Kurumi is.

I also remember someone on this forum saying that "Tsunako thinks revealing (clothing) designs are cute." Inverse Kurumi's Astral Dress is decidedly not revealing.
Yes, she has cut ties from Compile Heart because, as I recall, she needs to take care of her ailing mother, and she was unable to do such a demanding job from so far away and for so many hours. Illustrating for one light novel series that releases volumes two or three times a year is much less demanding.
That’s not to say she bears them any ill will, mind, she’s just working freelance in a reduced capacity. I believe she said she might work for CH in a reduced fashion as a freelancer, but not as often or to the same extent, that she did before.

You can think Noco designed her, but that doesn’t mean it’s true.
Tohka, Origami and Yoshino’s Inversions don’t involve someone completely unrelated fusing with them and taking command of their powers, which could easily be the reason for the difference.
And yes, it was me that said that - but the concept for the design comes from Tachibana. So if he says ‘formal military uniform’ and Tsunako did, say, four designs of varying levels of undress, then he could either say they’re all too revealing, or simply pick the least revealing one. The whole ‘evil = skimpy’ thing comes from Tachibana, not Tsunako, and it is entirely possibly that he decided to ignore it for Queen - either because she’s not ‘Kurumi’s kinda evil alter ego’, but Sawa, or perhaps because of some reason relating to the fact that Kurumi’s base settings predate DAL.

It should also be said that, as someone who finds revealing designs cute myself, I’d also have preferred a different design for ‘Inverse Kurumi’. But, like it or not, this is the design, and even if Noco did design it, rather than Tsunako, it’s still Tachibana that would have signed off on it, so if he didn’t tell her to make it more revealing (and Noco is no stranger to revealing designs either), then this is the vague idea he had in mind, so Tsunako’s would have been barely different. Tsunako’s Queen would likely have been as different as Noco’s version of Kurumi is.

A better thing to pine for might be ‘an Inverse Kurumi who isn’t really Sawa’, but then, if the design is different because Kurumi predates DAL, and so Tachibana had something else in mind, then not even that would have changed anything. If they do a second art book, and that art book has other Inversions in it, then maybe we’ll get to see Queen in Tsunako’s style, or a ‘Sawa-less Inverse Kurumi’ design. It’s unlikely, but the chance isn’t completely nil.

Letting Go
Old 2021-04-09, 12:24   Link #19589
Estzero1

Quote:
Yes, she has cut ties from Compile Heart because, as I recall, she needs to take care of her ailing mother, and she was unable to do such a demanding job from so far away and for so many hours. Illustrating for one light novel series that releases volumes two or three times a year is much less demanding.
That’s not to say she bears them any ill will, mind, she’s just working freelance in a reduced capacity. I believe she said she might work for CH in a reduced fashion as a freelancer, but not as often or to the same extent, that she did before.
Interesting to know, but also kinda relieving. Who else should design Neptunia characters if not Tsunako. It just goes hand to hand and probably won't work with someone else. The same goes for another DAL VN, which will most likely happen sometime.

Quote:
If they do a second art book, and that art book has other Inversions in it, then maybe we’ll get to see Queen in Tsunako’s style, or a ‘Sawa-less Inverse Kurumi’ design. It’s unlikely, but the chance isn’t completely nil.
I disagree. The chances are better than unlikely. I would say they are good, at least okay. I mean, we never expected to get some kind of artbook in the first place, so it wouldn't make any sense not to cover the rest in a second one. I strongly believe we will get it eventually.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-09, 12:29   Link #19590
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Happy Birthday, Tohka!

https://mobile.twitter.com/date_a_in...e-anime.com%2F
Old 2021-04-09, 18:24   Link #19591
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
Interesting to know, but also kinda relieving. Who else should design Neptunia characters if not Tsunako. It just goes hand to hand and probably won't work with someone else. The same goes for another DAL VN, which will most likely happen sometime.

I disagree. The chances are better than unlikely. I would say they are good, at least okay. I mean, we never expected to get some kind of artbook in the first place, so it wouldn't make any sense not to cover the rest in a second one. I strongly believe we will get it eventually.
Oh no no no, I mean it’s unlikely that a second artbook would have a different design for Queen. I think we’ll get a second artbook 100%.

Letting Go
Old 2021-04-09, 19:57   Link #19592
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Yeah, it’s no coincidence that the first artbook covered exactly half of the main story volumes.

Who knows when the second artbook will come out though..... T.T
Old 2021-04-09, 22:20   Link #19593
Mazryonh

Quote:
Hmm, this is all news to me. I didn't know about Tsunako's mother being ill. When did Tsunako make that announcement? Could this be the reason why the official DAL VN Ren Dystopia was shorter than the ones before it, so Tsunako wouldn't have to illustrate so many assets for it?

Quote:
You can think Noco designed her, but that doesn’t mean it’s true.
Tohka, Origami and Yoshino’s Inversions don’t involve someone completely unrelated fusing with them and taking command of their powers, which could easily be the reason for the difference.
And yes, it was me that said that - but the concept for the design comes from Tachibana. So if he says ‘formal military uniform’ and Tsunako did, say, four designs of varying levels of undress, then he could either say they’re all too revealing, or simply pick the least revealing one. The whole ‘evil = skimpy’ thing comes from Tachibana, not Tsunako, and it is entirely possibly that he decided to ignore it for Queen - either because she’s not ‘Kurumi’s kinda evil alter ego’, but Sawa, or perhaps because of some reason relating to the fact that Kurumi’s base settings predate DAL.

It should also be said that, as someone who finds revealing designs cute myself, I’d also have preferred a different design for ‘Inverse Kurumi’. But, like it or not, this is the design, and even if Noco did design it, rather than Tsunako, it’s still Tachibana that would have signed off on it, so if he didn’t tell her to make it more revealing (and Noco is no stranger to revealing designs either), then this is the vague idea he had in mind, so Tsunako’s would have been barely different. Tsunako’s Queen would likely have been as different as Noco’s version of Kurumi is.

A better thing to pine for might be ‘an Inverse Kurumi who isn’t really Sawa’, but then, if the design is different because Kurumi predates DAL, and so Tachibana had something else in mind, then not even that would have changed anything. If they do a second art book, and that art book has other Inversions in it, then maybe we’ll get to see Queen in Tsunako’s style, or a ‘Sawa-less Inverse Kurumi’ design. It’s unlikely, but the chance isn’t completely nil.
Eh, maybe I'm a little too hung up on "Inverse = Skimpier Costume" myself. But I still would have liked to have seen an Inverse Kurumi based around that paradigm. I'm still looking forward to a complete DAL artbook, preferably one that includes Inverse designs for all the spirits (even those who didn't go Inverse in the story).
Old 2021-04-10, 06:56   Link #19594
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Yeah, it’s no coincidence that the first artbook covered exactly half of the main story volumes.

Who knows when the second artbook will come out though..... T.T
After Encore 11, probably, seeing as it’d have to be covered in it.

Quote:
Hmm, this is all news to me. I didn't know about Tsunako's mother being ill. When did Tsunako make that announcement? Could this be the reason why the official DAL VN Ren Dystopia was shorter than the ones before it, so Tsunako wouldn't have to illustrate so many assets for it?
Tsunako didn’t illustrate Ren Dystopia (or, rather, not all of it), and it was still longer Rio Reincarnation, so it’s not like it’s the shortest, either.
As for when this was announced...years ago now, so I’m afraid I can’t give you a date offhand.

EDIT: It was late November/early December 2018.

Letting Go
Old 2021-04-10, 19:12   Link #19595
Mazryonh

Quote:
Tsunako didn’t illustrate Ren Dystopia (or, rather, not all of it), and it was still longer Rio Reincarnation, so it’s not like it’s the shortest, either.
As for when this was announced...years ago now, so I’m afraid I can’t give you a date offhand.

EDIT: It was late November/early December 2018.
Thanks for the clarification. Good that Tsunako has some help now with regards to what she's hired to illustrate. I'm still looking forward to the DAL game that will accompany the release of Season 4 though, assuming Tsunako will illustrate the majority of it.

In other news, have a video review of another Tokisaki Kurumi figure, this time the Bunny Version by KD Colle:

Old 2021-04-10, 19:43   Link #19596
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
I'm still looking forward to the DAL game that will accompany the release of Season 4 though, assuming Tsunako will illustrate the majority of it.

That’s assuming there is one. While I, too, hope there is one, there has never been a statement that anime = game, nor has one for DALIV been confirmed either.
The fact that every other animated work (sans Date A Bullet) received one certainly implies we might get one...but on the other hand, Tachibana was still writing the novels at the time. He has now moved on to a new series (not that it’s out yet), and the thank yous and goodbyes at the end of V22 would feel a bit odd if there was another character planned and that wasn’t mentioned, seeing as Ren was mentioned. Of course, there could always be a game without a new heroine.
In any case, while one would be nice, one certainly isn’t confirmed. It’s up to each individual to determine whether they want to be optimistic or cynical with regards to the chances of us getting one, but, ultimately, it bears remembering that that is all it is - a chance. Past evidence suggests one outcome...but things have changed since then, so who knows if the precedent they set still counts?
I, personally, prefer to be cynical - that way, in the event we get one, I can be pleasantly surprised...but then, I’m also constantly depressed, so perhaps not the best one to talk.

Letting Go
Old 2021-05-01, 11:18   Link #19597
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I jus5 started playing Fantasia Bunko’s Fantasia Re:Build game recently, and I gotta say I’m pretty hooked. All of the spirits from DAL up to the end of season 3 are there, and of course all the other hit Fantasia Bunko titles are there too. I really love crossover stuff like this, and are:Build even has the VAs coming to voice crossover dialogue between the different series, such as Tohka talking with Lina Inverse from Slayers and Sousuke from Full Metal Panic talking with Glen from Rokudenashi Akashi Records.

But I have to say, my favorite crossover dialogue is definitely between Miku and the other girls of the game. Megumi Hayashibara is her same genius self in Lina Inverse’s dealings with (and escapings from ) Miku, and interactions between Miku and the recently event-introduced Natsumi from Tokyo Ravens are gold. I imagine her interactions with Tessa from FMP will be just as great if I ever unlock Tessa’s character. (which you need to do to get access to all dialogue involving each certain character). And you can play all the dialogue whenever you want through each character’s dialogue menu.

Miku continues to be the amusing character I love her for.
Old 2021-05-08, 21:22   Link #19598
AndrewR5D4

Has anyone ever played that bizarre crossover game with the Overlord series? I happened to stumble onto some information while searching the web recently.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-20, 15:12   Link #19599
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Dragon Magazine’s July issue is going to have a new DAL short story titled Itsuka Partner.

https://twitter.com/KoshiTachibana/s...e-anime.com%2F

So aside from Tachibana still writing short stories for DAL, it says Shidou actually chooses a wife!

The thing is, everybody already knows it would be Tohka, so why the whole “who is going to be Shidou’s lovely bride?” line. It makes me wonder if it’s a semi-takeout and we’re going to see some kind of dream/alternate reality thing, or something like that, where we see him marry each of the girls. But that would be a pretty long story and not a short one. It just has me curious.
Old 2021-05-21, 06:04   Link #19600
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Dragon Magazine’s July issue is going to have a new DAL short story titled Itsuka Partner.

https://twitter.com/KoshiTachibana/s...e-anime.com%2F

So aside from Tachibana still writing short stories for DAL, it says Shidou actually chooses a wife!

The thing is, everybody already knows it would be Tohka, so why the whole “who is going to be Shidou’s lovely bride?” line.
it feels like trying to find out who did the murder but they already gave all the clues and a neon sign to the person who did it

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy