AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-13, 13:13   Link #19681
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
I think I've been too out of touch, so much so that the thread is starting to run away from me. I dunno what is what anymore. Are any of these new stuffs linked to the 1st page anyway? Seriously starting to think that a v2 of this thread with a clean slate and all the relevant links there is in order. *runs from OC mobs*

In any case, mini backlog breaker here. (Too many stuff I've not dealt with and now I'm overrun by it all, will start backlogs once more with this page.)
Good to see you, Fierie. Hopefully you'll get more free time in the future.

Regarding the links on the front page, links to Lowe's and Kha's new works, for example, will be added to Lowe's and Kha's respective OC lists (if they are not added already). For the rest, there is some stuff that I have not linked up yet, since I am not sure if they are final or not (often newly posted OCs are reworked and re-released soon after they are first posted).

If anyone wants to add new links to the front page, just letme know.

Quote:
Death to druggies!
But they are awesome!!

Quote:
A change of names? Argh, I've missed so many changes!
Actually, this is the first time the name Shadow Ravens was mentioned. Not sure if I will be keeping the name, but for now, it sounds nice.

Iris and Mai love the name, too...

Quote:
Though I must ask, is it supposed to be ArteixTeana here?
Good question... not sure myself.

However, soon Teana will have a crush on a new OC in the works...

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Spoiler for Arc-en-Ciel notes:

I also have her Ichigo-inspired spell I even labeled it "Bankai-esque spell"
Such Mana Absorption skill has appeared in different iterations in the past. I think Aurion has a similar technique, but he uses it quite differently. Also, it seems like Rune's skill is much more fluent and natural than Aurion's.

Regardless, I dont see any problems with this skill, as long as Rune cannot command that much more mana than what she naturally could if she had a non-defective linker core.
Old 2008-02-13, 13:31   Link #19682
Melodius Trueheart
Der Erbe zu Altem Belka

Quote:
I always has been a supporter of powered battlesuits as a subsitute over bulding-sized mechs since I have seen the bike-suits in Mospeada.
Eh, I don't like them in general; Sanctus would have a few units of battlesuit mages, but they're more specialized, think a "heavy armor troop" that's slow as shit (can't even fly or can only fly very low altitude like 4 feet off the ground), but can take a beating.

Quote:
Btw I have been thinking of an alternate ranking system for my OCs, since the canon TSAB ranks doesn't seem quite helpful to me. Basically I rate my characters in 8 catergories, namely:
Mine's similar, but what I do for attack is that I assign a numerical value to short, mid and long-range offense, multiply each by the number of the OC's attacks that fall under that category, then compute an average. For example:

The average would then be assigned to a scale which is used to relate the calculations to the canon ranks.

Of course, one would need to compute statistics for the CCs to determine if they would fall under the scale (Nanoha's an S+ so her abilities should come out to between 6.67 and 6.99)

Statistics:
Close Range Power: 9:0 X 4 (10.0) with (Silencer Mode*)
Mid Range Power: 7.0 X 1 (8.0) with Silencer Mode
Long Range Power: 0.0 X 0
Total Power: 43 / 5 = 8.6 (9.6 with Silencer Mode)

Speed: 9 (10 with Silencer)
Skill: 9 (10 with Silencer)
Reflexes: 9 (10 with Silencer)
Total Agility: 9 (10 with Silencer)

Mana Capacity: 7 (3 with Silencer)
Mana Regeneration: 5 (3 with Silencer)
Average: 5 (3 with Silencer)

Physical Defense: 4 (1 with Silencer Mode)
Magical Defense: 4 (2 with Silencer Mode)
Total Defense: 2 (1.5 with Silencer)

Overall Ranking: 7.15
C-:3.0-3.33
C: 3.34-3.66
C+: 3.67-3.99
B-:4.00-4.33
B:4.34-4.66
B+: 4.67-4.99

And so on for the higher ranks:

A: 5.00-6.00
S: 6.00-7.00
SS: 7:00-8.00
SSS: 8.00-9.00

My below OC comes out as a 6.9, so he's a high S class. Again, we would have to agree on rankings for the CCs to determine if the scale is viable, or what changes would have to be made to make it accurate.

If you haven't guessed, Silencer Mode is his limit break.

So in a segue, I present to you my favorite of the Lords, Yeshu Malkanies.

Spoiler for Yeshu:

Spoiler for Yeshu snippet:

I don't think Black Silencer will pass the hax-test, seeing that it has that whole "instadeath" thing going for it, but I really want to know what a sword slash could do other than...slash. Maybe I should just make Killing Edge 5000 the "limit break attack", that could work a lot better.
Old 2008-02-13, 13:46   Link #19683
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Such Mana Absorption skill has appeared in different iterations in the past. I think Aurion has a similar technique, but he uses it quite differently. Also, it seems like Rune's skill is much more fluent and natural than Aurion's.

Regardless, I dont see any problems with this skill, as long as Rune cannot command that much more mana than what she naturally could if she had a non-defective linker core.
*Gasp* I think this is the first time I've quoted you.
Yeah I remember Aurion being mentioned once... I don't know how Aurion's works so I can't really comment on how more fluent and/or natural Rune's is in comparison.

Well so far the only issue I have is with her Bankai-esque spell... Here lemme show you...
Spoiler for Arc-en-Ciel: Rune notes:
Old 2008-02-13, 14:03   Link #19684
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
I was going to make this my archival post, but then I discovered that I could only archive my story one chapter at a time; the post character limit is 50,000 characters, while each chapter of mine is about 30,000 characters (ie 30kb in plain text). Therefore, two chapters means 60,000 characters at least.

Am I allowed to post one after another? I know that last time I did so, I got warned for it.

-

Can someone please give me a quick run-down of the ranks and proper form of address for all the characters in StrikerS as of the end of the series?

Spoiler for Cut for length:

Last edited by dkellis; 2008-02-13 at 14:06. Reason: Forgot space-saving spoiler tags.
Old 2008-02-13, 14:36   Link #19685
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Will attempt a proper backlog break later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
I was going to make this my archival post, but then I discovered that I could only archive my story one chapter at a time; the post character limit is 50,000 characters, while each chapter of mine is about 30,000 characters (ie 30kb in plain text). Therefore, two chapters means 60,000 characters at least.

Am I allowed to post one after another? I know that last time I did so, I got warned for it.
Go back and find your posts with story in them, and simply link them to an archive post. That's what most people here do...

-

Quote:
Can someone please give me a quick run-down of the ranks and proper form of address for all the characters in StrikerS as of the end of the series?
Will try, but most of this is opinionated

Quote:
Specifically, I'm wondering about Yuuno Scrya. Everyone calls him "Yuuno-sensei" or "Scrya-sensei", but I don't know what the "sensei" part is for. If it's for his position as chief librarian of the Infinite Library, then I can label him "Mr. Scrya". If he's a doctor or professor, though, then that's what I need to know, for "Dr. Scrya" or "Professor Scrya".

And no, I do not want to use the "sensei" suffix (or any other Japanese honorific) in my story if I can help it. This is nothing against honorifics in fanfic (my CCS story uses them liberally), but for some reason it doesn't fit the non-Japanese (ie not set in Japan, or Uminari, or whatever) Nanoha-verse, at least for me.
I would use "Professor" if it were up to me. It seems to fit in with the fact he's a combination archaeologist/librarian.

Now all he needs is a whip, revolver, and fedora cap.

Quote:
As for everyone else, I don't know if they got promoted in the post-StrikerS sound stage, so correct me if I'm wrong (basing this off the last episode of StrikerS, in order of appearance in the "Afterwards" epilogue):

*Hayate - Lt. Colonel (Army, Special Investigations)
Noted and agreed upon. Hayate is an O-5 as of the end of StrikerS, but we don't know if she was promoted from O-4, do we? Midchilda seems to use the US ranking system...

Incidentally, all this talk of sub-commanders and commanders? Well the actual rank of Commander (O-5) is naval; something that Chrono and Lindy were at one point or another. Calling Hayate "Commander", thus, is erroneous, as she's not part of the TSA Navy.

Quote:
*Reinforce Zwei - Staff Sergeant
Is this assuming she's promoted or no? I don't remember what rank Rein had in the series, but I'm prone to believe she's a Sergeant First Class.

Quote:
*Wolkenritter - I haven't a clue for any of them; Vita's and Signum's ranks are probably around somewhere, but I can only find "sub-commander", which is a position, not a rank. Shamal and Zafira I don't know.
Well, Vita was subordinate to Nanoha, who's Captain (O-3), so at most, she could be First Lieutenant (O-2). Fate, as an Enforcer, eludes the standard ranking system I believe, but for consistency's sake let's say she's also considered Captain or the equivalent, thus making Signum the same as Vita.

Quote:
*Fate - Captain (properly "Enforcer" or "Captain"?)
Enforcer is a class, not a rank. I created a ranking system based off of the fact that they call Shari and Teana "Agent's Aides". This leads me to believe that Agent is a rank in the Enforcers. Thus, it may go something like this: 3rd Class, 2nd Class, 1st Class, Agent.

Quote:
Shari - Private First Class (listed as "Agent's Aide"? Is she still a Device Meister?)
Gonna have to say that Shari may be outside standard TSA military protocol. If you must, I'd place her at something of a Warrant Officer ranking.

Quote:
Teana - Private Second Class (also listed as "Agent's Aide"; is this a proper title?)
There's so such thing as a Private Second Class. You're simply looking for Private (E-1/2). Teana is probably higher than this though; I'm gonna say an E-3 or E-4 (Private First Class/Corporal or Senior Airman). Remember that it's easier to gain and lose ranks in the lower (1 through 5) enlisted ranks. Since Tea's gonna become an Enforcer, she probably needs to go through OCS and become an O-1, but I digress. (Yes, I know that for some stupid reason they use Private Second Class in the anime. Fuck that.)

Quote:
Alto Krauetta - Private First Class (helicopter pilot)
Which is ridiculous, really. A helicopter pilot as an E-3? What?!
I'm so gonna retcon that in my story. Alto's an O-3. Only officers are allowed to fly in the military.

Quote:
Vice - Sergeant (helicopter pilot and sniper)
See above. He's been in the military for awhile, and is outside of the Stars/Lightning ranking system, so he could be a Major (O-4).

Quote:
Griffith - "Administrative Official", but I don't know his rank.
Doesn't have one.

Quote:
Lucino - "Assistant Administrative Official" and "helmsman", but also no rank.
Controlling a space ship automatically lumps her with the Navy, so she's some form of enlisted... not entirely sure on this one.

Quote:
*Caro - Private Second Class (environmental protection)

*Erio - Private Second Class (environmental protection, for whatever reason)
There is no Private Second Class . At the least, they're E-3s (Private First Class).

Quote:
Arf - Civilian? Who knows.
I'm going to guess that familiars are outside the ranking system.

Quote:
Ginga - "Non-Commissioned Officer", which is what? Anything from Sergeant to Warrant Officer? Presumably back with the 108th Battalion, but teaching the Numbers to be... more human? How to fit in? Who knows.
Yup. NCOs are Enlisted, sergeants and above, I believe (roughly E-5 and up, IIRC).

Quote:
Subaru - Private First Class (disaster relief)
Which annoys me, because after all that she should be higher, at least E-4 or E-5.

Quote:
Nanoha - Captain (Instructor, which I assume is her proper address, ie "Instructor Takamachi" rather than "Captain Takamachi")
Stick with Captain.
Old 2008-02-13, 14:58   Link #19686
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
I'll respond later in more depth, but for now a quick post before I go to sleep:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
There's so such thing as a Private Second Class. You're simply looking for Private (E-1/2).
Quote:
There is no Private Second Class . At the least, they're E-3s (Private First Class).
From the yesy subs

You tell me.

EDIT: Apparently I need sleep more than I thought, because you already answered that.

Also, link.
Old 2008-02-13, 15:35   Link #19687
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:

Well what we do is post the chapters separately, and I've seen some double post just to post one chapter, which couldn't fit into a single post. Archival posts usually only contain links, and the links are direct links the the post number.

Quote:
Will now attempt to.

Quote:
Specifically, I'm wondering about Yuuno Scrya. Everyone calls him "Yuuno-sensei" or "Scrya-sensei", but I don't know what the "sensei" part is for. If it's for his position as chief librarian of the Infinite Library, then I can label him "Mr. Scrya". If he's a doctor or professor, though, then that's what I need to know, for "Dr. Scrya" or "Professor Scrya".
It was mentioned somewhere that he has released many thesis and writings on archaeological findings. So I think he's probably a historian/archaeologist, which would rightly mean he has a PHD or something, thus making him a Professor.

Quote:
As for everyone else, I don't know if they got promoted in the post-StrikerS sound stage, so correct me if I'm wrong (basing this off the last episode of StrikerS, in order of appearance in the "Afterwards" epilogue):
Hard to say, but powerful mages seem to get promoted really fast. Or it may just be 7arcs way of saying, "the characters in our story is that haxxed!"

Quote:
More accurately, she's in the Special Investigations division, and was once part of Genya's battalion, which is under the Ground Division. That said, we often scratch our heads and ask "so is SI under the Ground Division?" This I must admit I dunno. Promotion for her sounds likely. In PF's GuardianS, set 5 years later after StrikerS, Hayate is a Brigadier General.

Quote:
Sergeant Major in StrikerS, official military rank. Position, aide de camp.

Quote:
*Wolkenritter - I haven't a clue for any of them; Vita's and Signum's ranks are probably around somewhere, but I can only find "sub-commander", which is a position, not a rank. Shamal and Zafira I don't know.
Vita's a 2nd Lieutenant, while I believe Signum is a 1st Lieutenant. Correct me if I get them wrong, I'm not familiar with military ranks.

Quote:
Enforcers, like Kagerou mentioned, seem to be outside of the normal military rank. Kinda like FBI agents I suppose.

Quote:
Shari - Private First Class (listed as "Agent's Aide"? Is she still a Device Meister?)
She's not a mage, so she doesn't have a device. Private First class should be correct.

Quote:
Teana - Private Second Class (also listed as "Agent's Aide"; is this a proper title?)
Well, the military people say there's no such rank. Personally I dunno, but that's what they say in the anime.

Quote:
Rank correct, but I agree with Kagerou. AFAIK, non-officers aren't allowed to actually fly. But Alto has a pilot's license, and the situation in StrikerS was such that RF6 lost their only pilot. So....

Quote:
Sergeant is his military rank, even since his air force days. I don't think you could actually call "sniper" a rank though.

Quote:
Not sure about this one but I'm quite sure you have to be more than a Private to be an "Administrative Official".

Quote:
Private First class. No idea if she got promoted.

Quote:
Retired officer?

Quote:
Schach - Nun. Pun aside, I'm assuming she's counted as a civilian, still Carim's aide.
She most likely doesn't have a Midchilda military rank. AFAIK, she's just ranked a knight. The way I see it, you'll have to use medieval rankings for this.

Quote:
Ginga - "Non-Commissioned Officer", which is what? Anything from Sergeant to Warrant Officer? Presumably back with the 108th Battalion, but teaching the Numbers to be... more human? How to fit in? Who knows.
I think she's a warrant officer. Where exactly is that? Above or below sergeants?

Quote:
*Verossa - "Inspector", according to what I remember of the subs. Is "Investigator" a better term? Does he have a corresponding rank?
Not sure, but apparently he's with SI, so I assume he has a military rank. My guess is somewhere around Lieutenant? We do know he's a bummer so he might have climb the ranks all that quickly compared to the others.

Good luck with whatever you are doing.

Quote:
I would use "Professor" if it were up to me. It seems to fit in with the fact he's a combination archaeologist/librarian.

Now all he needs is a whip, revolver, and fedora cap.
You don't need to be a professor to be a librarian. So I believe the professor title is the fact he is a historian/archaeologist.

Quote:
Incidentally, all this talk of sub-commanders and commanders? Well the actual rank of Commander (O-5) is naval; something that Chrono and Lindy were at one point or another. Calling Hayate "Commander", thus, is erroneous, as she's not part of the TSA Navy.
Actually, its the way the words were translated. Rather than commander, the term used (in Japanese) denoted them as "commanding officers". Thus most subbers translated it as Commander.

Quote:
Is this assuming she's promoted or no? I don't remember what rank Rein had in the series, but I'm prone to believe she's a Sergeant First Class.
Check the manga. Her rank was stated in one of the chapters. *awaits Keroko's IS to activate.*

Quote:
Which is ridiculous, really. A helicopter pilot as an E-3? What?!
I'm so gonna retcon that in my story. Alto's an O-3. Only officers are allowed to fly in the military.
Apparently Midchilda's military isn't so particular about this.

Quote:
See above. He's been in the military for awhile, and is outside of the Stars/Lightning ranking system, so he could be a Major (O-4).
A sergeant. Quite positive of this.

Quote:
I'm going to guess that familiars are outside the ranking system.
I think they should be. But considering that Fate's an enforcer, and Arf is her assistant. Its possible she doesn't have an official rank.
Old 2008-02-13, 15:52   Link #19688
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryand-Smith View Post
AdmiralTigerclaw

Spoiler for Coop..er:
Gendo: See that? THAT is a babe magnet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
*Holy Wraths Zerg to dust*

Do not underestimate the Ashbringer.

*runs*
Wasn't it corrupted and deemed uncleansable?

Quote:
Too bad I don't have my earphones with me in the comlab, but these get my just from looking at them.
The first video NEEDS to be watched with sound :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
No, the Climax would involve some very loud moa- *static* and cries of ple- *static*
Eh? Come again. I think there's something wrong with the radios .

Quote:
Asagi: SUGHOI DESHOU!!!!!
Julie: Most Impressive Demonstration indeed
Mayura: ...

I am not Asagi I am not Asagi I am not Asagi I am not Asagi I am not Asagi I am not Asagi I am not...

... not...

Ryotaro, YOU'RE GONNA BE TAKEN HOME!!!!!!!
Ryotaro: *blinks* E-ehh?!

(He does that too many times in the series now to use it here ).

Which reminds me...do Julie and Mayura have profile yet?

Quote:
Melike this alternate scenario

Asagi: What...
Mayura: Was...
Julie: That...

Belkarangers: NIGHTMARE?!?!

Asagi: Although if it's Chief...

*whack*

Julie: Urusai!!!
Asagi: Itai yo!

Quote:
[CENTER]STARS-04
Rebuilt of Teana

Spoiler for Teana, Lanstar 47th:
Hardly any crack here. Teana is just too awesome to fool around I suppose.

But yes she served "The Agency", though not exactly the same one.

And nope Artei and Teana weren't in a tall tower at an Air Force base when the above was written.
Wow, the crack creation is in full force
Old 2008-02-13, 16:20   Link #19689
Ryand-Smith
Mecha Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Ryand-Smith Send a message via MSN to Ryand-Smith
A Spaceholder post

Mostly for convince, I am re-adding chapter 1, and I'll bust some crack (It spawns from every building!)

Spoiler for Chapter 1 Repost, Irregulars Or tales from the 12th Magical Assault Team:

Master FieryAeon, I believe we should be allowed our 1 mille get, then lock, and rebuild a new thread. It is approaching unbearable to have to read this many posts.

dkellis,FieryAeon,Kagerou, I thought Ginga was a Master Sergant in StrikerS, if I saw episode 15 correctly. That seemed off, so thanks for the corrections.

krisslanza. Does the release make the character glow and use the power of their emotions?

SHINING FINGERR

*Is destroyed by the Shining Gundam*

Melodius Trueheart
Spoiler for Sniped for Justice:

This sounds interesting. He has a grudge against the TSAB, and this is going to be an interesting foe if the other OCs meet him...

For the Pope!

*flies to rome*
Old 2008-02-13, 16:33   Link #19690
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:
Good to see you, Fierie. Hopefully you'll get more free time in the future.
Actually, I do have a little time everyday. Its just that since its a lot less than what I used to have, I rather read fanfics/mangas or watch anime, rather than break backlogs. I haven't even touch my PS2 for over a month, and anyone who knows me knows that's not normal. Then there's the eroge that I have piled up and not finished. *cough cough*

Quote:
Regarding the links on the front page, links to Lowe's and Kha's new works, for example, will be added to Lowe's and Kha's respective OC lists (if they are not added already). For the rest, there is some stuff that I have not linked up yet, since I am not sure if they are final or not (often newly posted OCs are reworked and re-released soon after they are first posted).

If anyone wants to add new links to the front page, just letme know.
I'll just refer to that if they added into their archive post. I'm having a lot of problems trying to navigate through all the posts.

Quote:
But they are awesome!!

Till they start frothing at the mouth.

Quote:
Actually, this is the first time the name Shadow Ravens was mentioned. Not sure if I will be keeping the name, but for now, it sounds nice.

Iris and Mai love the name, too...
I think the name sounds cool.

Quote:
Good question... not sure myself.

However, soon Teana will have a crush on a new OC in the works...
Zomg, one less possible love interest for my OC. I'm starting to think I'll have to make my own one.

Quote:

Hmm...mana absorption in small amounts sounds okay, and as long as it doesn't drain a person dry like in seconds.

Quote:
Master FieryAeon, I believe we should be allowed our 1 mille get, then lock, and rebuild a new thread. It is approaching unbearable to have to read this many posts.
I'm not quite sure if you are agreeing with me or not. Funny that.

Quote:
dkellis,FieryAeon,Kagerou, I thought Ginga was a Master Sergant in StrikerS, if I saw episode 15 correctly. That seemed off, so thanks for the corrections.
Oh really? Then I may have to watch that episode again. No, I can't really correct you as I'm unsure of her exact rank myself.
Old 2008-02-13, 16:45   Link #19691
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
I wonder if it was his timing, or yours...
His, definetely his.

Quote:
In a nutshell, a human-sized Gundam worn like a battlesuit. It builds on the idea that Frames must be everywhere in order to make infantry truly ubiquitous enough to replace all our familiar assault machinery like the Apaches, Abrams and Raptors.

As such, everyone can build artificial Linker Cores as it is intrinsic in the making of familiars. But it is the Celestial Being who always had the Colonel's original recipe, and hence the Grade Frame is much more powerful than the TSAB Frames.

Can anyone give me a name for the TSAB Frames... I don't want an Ace group called Frame Fighters... Unless we really want to bring Graham back from retirement and do some serious, age-defying awesome. ^^;
Right. How many and how widespread? More importantly, how much focuss is bestowed on them in the story?

Quote:
Gosh this is gonna be a little hard.

I'm working on Stars and Lightning for now, but once I'm close to finishing Lightning, I'll PM and straighten it out?
Works for me.

Quote:
I was basically trying to explain something in canon left hanging in the air. Even Wiki had it there. But I agree that still needs more work. At least I've got like half a year of fanon time before I even get near that bit.
Lots of work, cause its mostly contradicting canon for now.

Quote:
Uh no. I haven't tried to find one at least.
Darn.

Quote:
:3
bastard.

Quote:
STARS-04
Rebuilt of Teana

Spoiler:

Apologies to dkellis for the above...

Spoiler for Teana, Lanstar 47th:
Hardly any crack here. Teana is just too awesome to fool around I suppose.

But yes she served "The Agency", though not exactly the same one.

And nope Artei and Teana weren't in a tall tower at an Air Force base when the above was written.
First thing I noticed was the TeanaXArtei, when did that happen, and why wasn't I informed? *cough*

Second, I see my crack image has managed to weld itself into your mind. Not much crack in the attack, but more then enough in the background to make up for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodius Trueheart View Post
Spoiler for Yeshu:

I don't think Black Silencer will pass the hax-test, seeing that it has that whole "instadeath" thing going for it, but I really want to know what a sword slash could do other than...slash. Maybe I should just make Killing Edge 5000 the "limit break attack", that could work a lot better.
Actually, Black Silencer is not that bad (its a circumnstacial attack, for example if Signum would make a direct hit on the head with a Sturm Falke, it'd be an instant kill too) Killing Edge Ten Thousand is the one that's in trouble. The 'uncountable number of strikes' is just too much.

On another note, I must have missed this before, but... Belkan Empire? Are you talking about the remnants?

Quote:
Actually, I do have a little time everyday. Its just that since its a lot less than what I used to have, I rather read fanfics/mangas or watch anime, rather than break backlogs. I haven't even touch my PS2 for over a month, and anyone who knows me knows that's not normal. Then there's the eroge that I have piled up and not finished. *cough cough*
No sweat, just spend the time how you want it. I used to have times where I didn't want to browse my forums either, much less keep track of the busy threads.
Old 2008-02-13, 19:12   Link #19692
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
song ATM: Dragonforce - Operation Ground and Pound

Quote:
Spoiler for space:
The crack is very strong in this one. and yes, Teana is awesome to the max.

I bet her Limiter Break has something to do with..... storming the battlefield on a horse.

*hears black stallion neighing over the horizon*

============

Quote:
Asagi: There's more?!?!?!

Creator-san: At this point, that'll be enough for now

*pulls Asagi away*

Asagi: Chotto matte!! Hanaste!! I want to see more!!!

Don't worry though, she'll take care of them pretty well

Quote:
Aaah

I wonder when we can see him perform his "Graham Special" , or even better...

"I WANT TO EMBRACE YOU GUNDAM!!!!"

*runs*

Quote:
Now, about that "personal escort that idolizes him" ...

Neil "Lockon" Dylandy: *wielding Dynames* Artei... I know you're one of Lanster's friends, but one dirty thought for his sister and I'll blow your head clean off.
Asagi: *polishing Amaterasu* Not if I don't do it first
Mai: ...

*chainsaw revs slowly*
Linebackers: *charges rifles* AS DO WE!
Smith: Right "teacher?"
Wesson: Right, Kouhai-chan?

Teana: Everyone... (Neil-sama )

Yup, Tea's just that awesome

Spoiler for Notes::
Neil actually befriends Teana? USO DA!!!!!!

About Tea, will we get to see her asking the operators for "guns. Lots of guns" ?

*runs*

================

Quote:
USB500
Genphest Sentai? Oh come on, and after I lost the picture of the Genpest rush...

Huckbein Sentai? Oh man... The ammount of crack is exploding through realit...

Smith is warped by Black Hole Gun
Old 2008-02-13, 19:19   Link #19693
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post

I bet her Limiter Break has something to do with..... storming the battlefield on a horse.

Sounds more like Fate's departement to me.

Oh, and I know certain people here are going to have a field day with this, but I decided I've had enough Kamen Rider references I couldn't possibly understand thrown at me and decided to dive head-first into Kamen Rider Den-O (why Den-O? Dunno, that last youtube looked sweet)

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-02-13 at 20:35.
Old 2008-02-13, 20:19   Link #19694
Melodius Trueheart
Der Erbe zu Altem Belka

Quote:
Actually, Black Silencer is not that bad (its a circumnstacial attack, for example if Signum would make a direct hit on the head with a Sturm Falke, it'd be an instant kill too) Killing Edge Ten Thousand is the one that's in trouble. The 'uncountable number of strikes' is just too much.
Okay, something in the neighborhood of 20-30. It's "uncountable" because of the speed of the attack, not the number.

And yeah, this is pretty much a remnant Belkan Empire. Basically one planet. If I can dig up the mini-history I wrote on it I'll link it here. Basically after the fall of the Belkan Empire proper, the survivors (of course, I didn't read the Cradle/Ark theory by then) fled to a nearby planet; they had a big fight (over how the new Belka would be run, and over religious topics: the aristocrats/nobles wanted to uphold the new religion, the common people and the artisans wanted to deify the Saint. The losers were kicked off the planet and eventually became the Saint Church under the TSAB's protection.
Old 2008-02-13, 20:28   Link #19695
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Grandis: Hoho~! Sure, better at bratty bragging spells (BBS). Maturity just took a bad hit as well.
Arcas: <shrug> Say what you like - I'm not one to suffer confidence issues about my skills.

Quote:
[Borg] The Collective Concurs With This Observation [/Borg]

The "Collective" is about to get a MAJOR OVERHAUL!!

<whips out Rocket Launcher>

Quote:
In OC you are
In Soviet OC...

Quote:
This isn't Dragonball
It's not Trigun either.

Quote:
There's a very simple formula to describe that:

Rein Eins + PowerThirst = APOCALYPSE
On the OTHER Hand:

Rein Zwei + PowerThirst = I'll leave that to you...

Quote:
It's not A valid option, it's the ONLY option

*runs*
Maybe to a TWIN-CON like YOU!
Old 2008-02-13, 20:48   Link #19696
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:

PhoenixFlare has done the same thing, though in his case it's two parts of the same chapter. <.<

Quote:

And no, I do not want to use the "sensei" suffix (or any other Japanese honorific) in my story if I can help it. This is nothing against honorifics in fanfic (my CCS story uses them liberally), but for some reason it doesn't fit the non-Japanese (ie not set in Japan, or Uminari, or whatever) Nanoha-verse, at least for me.
When he was introduced as Professor Scrya in the Hotel Augusta episode, it appeared that he was there in his academic capacity, not as a librarian. Yuuno's probably an associate professor of archaeolgy or something similar.

...Well, yeah, Dr. Jones has a revolver, but I kinda think Yuuno would be better off with the Holy Pistol. <.<

I find that I am unable to place the same level of nuance with English when it comes to sibling relationships. I normally don't use much Japanese, but for brother/sister interactions... I have to use the Japanese. Hell, in real life, I call my sister Onee-chan. (well, the chinese version. I suck at pinyin, so I translated it to Japanese.) (No, she's not really my sister... sorta adopted. Married w/2 kids.)

Quote:
Pretty much, although, as Kagerou said, we have no idea if SI is under Ground Forces. Alpha fanon timeline has her as a Brigadier General 8 years later.

Quote:
Rein II was a Sergeant Major in StrikerS, and this is the highest rank she can go as an enlisted. This is just a guess, but for policy reasons I doub't she'd be placed into OCS. Furthermore, Senior NCOs > O-1 to O-3 in terms of respect. Rein has alternatively been adressed as a Chief Master Sergeant here and there, which is the AF equivalent to SGM. Her role in StrikerS was that of Chief of Staff, not an aide - Chief of Staff basically handles paperwork. (Not to be confused with Army Chief of Staff, who runs the army, or AF Chief of Staff. Marines have the Commandant and Navy has CNO.)

While her rise to E-9 is damned fast, it's not without precedent; writing on SEAL Qualification Training in his book Earning the Trident, retired SEAL & former CIA officer Dick Couch met with a SEAL Master Chief who made E-9 in 8 years. The MCPO admitted he had to bust his ass and work like hell to get there.

Quote:
The actual term used for Vita and Signum was "fuku-taichou", which has been translated as "Vice-Captain." *rolls eyes* Signum is confirmed as a 1st Lieutenant (O-2) and Vita's rank is unknown, but is presumably either 2nd or 1st Lieutenant. Neither of them should go any higher; if they take on higher rank they'll be reassigned to take on higher responsibilities, sending them away from Hayate.

Regarding Shamal, it's Doctor, since she's apparently an MD. Her rank, if the TSAB follows Earth style, would be at least Captain (O-3), but she'd be called doctor. No idea about Zafira (Kagerou has him as a Warrant Officer in Alpha).

Hayate being adressed as Commander is technically correct so long as the term used is "shirei", which refers to a commanding officer of a unit/installation. It's different from Chuusa, which refers to a Navy O-5 (Commander) or Army O-5 (Lt. Colonel).

...and let's not get started on Kanchou/Taii/Taisa, all of which can mean "Captain" depending on context (Kanchou = Ship captain/Skipper; Taii = Ground forces Captain (O-6); Taisaa = Navy Captain (O-6), or Ground Forces Colonel (O-6)).

Quote:
Agent. As Kagerou said, Enforcer appears to be a class and Agents are elite enforcers. When Fate transferred to the Ground Forces for duty with RF6, she was given the rank of Captain as an adminitrative...thimajig. I forgot what's the word for it. She's adressed as Agent, IIRC.
Quote:
Presumably Shari gets a promotion at some point. IIRC, USMC armorers are typically between Corporal to Master Gunnery Sergeant. In Alpha and Divergent StrikerS, she's referred to as the unit armorer.
Quote:
No idea if it's right or not...

Frankly, fansubbers are the LAST people you want translating military ranks... particularly when the anime uses JGSDF or JASDF ranks, which are totally foreign and alien from the standard ranking system used by most Japanese anime (shoui, chuii, taii, etc). Mostly because these were ranks used by the Imperial Japanese Army. Only the JMSDF uses IJN/IJA ranks today.

Quote:
Alto was more of a bridge bunny who got drafted/volunteered to pilot the helo; she did mention she had a civillian helo liscence.

Quote:
I believe Vice is a Master Sergeant, and that he's switched his MOS to helos from sniper. While on Earth helos are for officers only (and the only enlisted who fly are Warrant Officers, enlisted who go through a truncated OCS to just fly - 160 SOAR has a lot of these), TSAB seems to follow a different policy.

Quote:
I think it was established he's a Warrant Officer? IIRC he's filling the role of Hayate's XO, since Rein is her Chief of Staff.

Quote:
Lower enlisted. As for StrikerS, she's a Private, but she'd probably gone up as she specialised... if she's becoming a fulltime ship driver or a bridge bunny, sooner or later she has to be at least an E-4. Especially in the Navy.

Quote:
*Caro - Private Second Class (environmental protection)
It's actually possible that there IS a Private Second Class in the JGSDF. (Remembers the Captain 3rd Class and Colonel 2nd Class faggotry in yu's subs for Rescue Wings, before he went with 2LT and Major, sick of the JASDF ranks). That said, she deserves a meritorious promotion to 1st class, at least, if not Lance Corporal. (which is in the same grade as PFC.)

Quote:
*Erio - Private Second Class (environmental protection, for whatever reason)
Probably a TSAB specific-rank, or else a translation error by fansubs. Regardless, depending on where he is and low long your story takes place after StrikerS, he should have gone up to AT LEAST PFC.

Quote:
Probably. She is retired and hanging around helping Amy take care of the twins.
Quote:
Schach - Nun. Pun aside, I'm assuming she's counted as a civilian, still Carim's aide.
As FA mentioned, she has a mage rank, is probably a knight, and would probabably not be part of TSAB proper, as she's part of the Belkan SAR and under the Saint Church.
Quote:
Non-Comissioned Officer is from E-4 (Sergeant/Petty Officer 3rd Class) to E-9 (Sergeant Major/Master Chief Petty Officer). Warrant Officers are an in-between; most are enlisted personnel with Warrant comissions who are in highly specialised technical roles, and are technically a special breed of officer. (Army CID Warrant Officer Special Investigators, for example, have the legal authority to arrest anyone in the US army from private up to Chief of Staff. Army and Marine Corps WOs are also pilots, the Navy was also experimenting with that...)

Quote:
Subaru - Private First Class (disaster relief)
Yep. Sadly, she didn't get a promotion.
Quote:
Nanoha - Captain (Instructor, which I assume is her proper address, ie "Instructor Takamachi" rather than "Captain Takamachi")
Yes, she's a Captain and Instructor. The way things pretty much work is that on Field Excercises and in training, Nanoha would be adressed as "Instructor Takamachi"; off excercise, it's "Captain Takamachi."

Quote:
*Verossa - "Inspector", according to what I remember of the subs. Is "Investigator" a better term? Does he have a corresponding rank?
I believe Inspector is a reference to the British rank of Inspector, who in the British and Commonwealth police ranking systems, is the equivalent of a 1st Lieutenant or Captain, and with authority ranging from Captain to Major-level... depending on where you are, of course. Alternatively, it could be a nod to the FBI and US Postal Service, who have roving Inspectors who are like special Special Agents. Inspector may also refer to the fact that Verossa seems to be doing lots on internally-directed stuff, monitoring the Ground Forces and internal TSAB...

Quote:
You better make a copy of The Holy Bible: John Moses Browning Edition so we can partake in your wisdom

Good extensive piece on the OFM's weapons and equipment, nice
Lol, thx, but I didn't make it. I was referred to it by a friend of mine, a former Marine (1st stint: aircraft crew, 2nd stint: M60 Patton MG gunner) and cop. Text below:

Spoiler for The Gospel According to Saint John Moses Browning, Chapter 1:

Reader: "This is the Word of God."
Congregation: "Praise be to God, amen."
(I'm Anglican. Lapsed, but still Anglican.)

...On a side note, it's probably a good thing there are no TSAB Marines. They'd kick the Army's ass so hard it wouldn't be funny. (Currently, Army officers in Iraq are saying the Marines have adapted faster to COIN than the Army and are doing well, leading by example. Imagine, an Iraqi Army with Marine ethos.... dangerous.)

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2008-02-13 at 21:12.
Old 2008-02-13, 22:09   Link #19697
Ryand-Smith
Mecha Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Ryand-Smith Send a message via MSN to Ryand-Smith
FieryAeon

Pardon my French, but I say let the post get up to 1000, then lock. That way its a sort of nice thing for the members and we get a new thread soon.

Melodius Trueheart
So, these are just the last of the Belkans. I may have to talk with you then, because I was planning on dealing with Belkan ruins on my next writeup.

Wild Goose
Wow, the Gospel is good, but your translation is quite odd, I would use the New Standard FBI version... I wonder if Subaru would go Belkan on us though...
Spoiler for Belkan Knight Subaru:

I always thought Yuuno was more like A Daniel Jackson, but with magic instead of Ascended Powers

USB500
Why is Trombe here?
Old 2008-02-13, 22:22   Link #19698
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Wild Goose
Wow, the Gospel is good, but your translation is quite odd, I would use the New Standard FBI version...
King James Version. That was the translation that I had and the only one that exists, and it wasn't written by me. I might do an NIV translation someday. The KJV is the Lee-Enfield of bibles, while the NIV is the 1911A1.

[QUOTE]I wonder if Subaru would go Belkan on us though...
Spoiler for Belkan Knight Subaru:

....nah, ain't gonna happen. She's GaoGaiGar-tan, remember?
Quote:
I always thought Yuuno was more like A Daniel Jackson, but with magic instead of Ascended Powers
...I have plans for him. Great plans. As my crack piece showed, in a crack fanon timeline, Yuuno is recruited into Alpha Squad (which is later expanded into Alpha "Who Do You Think We Are? We Dine In Hell Our Occupation is War We Fight In The Shade Hotblooded Men" Platoon. (And mind you, by the 4th Season, Daniel was starting to become a Badass Normal, levelling up his levels in Badass from being the Woobie...)

Quote:
Why is Trombe here?
Why not? *GRIN*

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-02-13, 23:08   Link #19699
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Only in my Crack...

Or maybe a female 47... I mean, Jail uses 'select' genetic bases for his Numbers, some even direct cloning. Same for Subaru/Ginga - Quint...
Yes, only in your CRACK can one even think of turning 47 into a female!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Genya: That sneaky little cat goes well with the raccoon, don't you think?
Ginga: Father, that is a little...

Aurion/Hayate: Ha-chiu!

Once again I find myself asking...

WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
if i were in charge, i'll be locking them lot in a room and returning a week later to sluice it out... </quote from some random fairy>

Dr. Psycologist: Those two are skipping my sessions again.
I expected no less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X
Saint X will begin hosting lectures on Dei and Linear Magic courtesy of Adm. Dr. Kyla Scrya, MHA... please stay tuned.
We're waiting

Quote:
*sees paper flying around*
... now I'm just waiting for the OC version of the Paper Sisters...

*runs*

Quote:
And he lives in the Republic of The Philippines CRACK

*runs*
SUGOD MGA KAPATID!!!!!

Quote:
?????: Indeed No. 47, indeed...

*runs*

But i Imagine this as well:

47: If you want to take revenge on me, you have to train even harder.

Is Teana gonna be getting herself an Orihalcon Gun now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
....hmmmm. Potential, potential....

Franz: "Wait, wait, a powered mecha suit? In a more compact package than what the Resistance used? And compatible with standard infantry weapons? And it has lots of guns? DO WANT."
Lurch: "Chief, we can upgrade MJOLNIR to this config-"
Chief: "No."
Franz: "Shoulder mounted claymores! Arm mounted 3-barrel gun! Revolver bunker! Helmet horn!"
Glen: *facepalm*

Franz as Alteisen? Do want

Quote:
I have more of the party, more, this is just a side story! Can't a man set up parellel storylines anymore? Also, I need sugestions, What sort of party dresses would the Numbers wear? I have to find out.
Dude, you're asking the wrong question.

What will they NOT wear?

That is the right question

*runs*

Quote:
Not official yet, but I see Mai liked the name...
Well, she's unofficially part of the Ravens afterall. Not that Gwen and the others will object to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio
And this here reminds me that there may be 3 other ERWs....even more powerful than the first gen...
And even more nuts, with a penchant of blowing up things just for the hell of it?

Quote:
Teana is getting a schoolgirl crush... as well as a major love rival...

Quote:
With the boomerangs idea I just thought, Teana just needs a giant drill now...
Actually Subaru has the Drill

For limit break, Teana needs guns named Ebony and Ivory

*runs*

Quote:
A host of new OC names, mind linking me to them?
Collectively they're called the Belkarangers, my Super-Sentai inspired female trio

Currently, only Asagi has a complete profile. The other two, Mayura Labatt's and Julie Liu Ming, coming up soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon
GN drives be around.
*sees red GN particles floating*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon
There is no such thing as overkill. *whistles*

Quote:
Well do I at least get spoiled then?
When you've been buried in the compost pit for a few weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza
And now to dig out my journal... I know its around here... Somewhere... *Shuffle, dig, rummage, burn...*

Spoiler for Arc-en-Ciel notes:

I also have her Ichigo-inspired spell I even labeled it "Bankai-esque spell"
So they're essentially external magical battery reserves so to speak? Simple yet novel concept I must say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodius Trueheart View Post

So in a segue, I present to you my favorite of the Lords, Yeshu Malkanies.

Spoiler for Yeshu:

Asides from the part about the Holy Belkan Empire, which seems odd, otherwise Yeshu's profile's cool, though Alejandro converting Yeshu to his side shows how much of a badass he is

Though how does Yeshu know Vivio's name anyway? Or was that just a random outburst?

Quote:
Well so far the only issue I have is with her Bankai-esque spell... Here lemme show you...
Spoiler for Arc-en-Ciel: Rune notes:
A magical black hole of power. Simple, yet effective, and with enough nerfs to warrant its power. Just add a few more details, and you're set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Eh? Come again. I think there's something wrong with the radios .
*taps radio*

Damn, it's not working agai-

*sees GN stealth field particle spray*

Oh no...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki
Ryotaro: *blinks* E-ehh?!

(He does that too many times in the series now to use it here ).

Which reminds me...do Julie and Mayura have profile yet?
Asagi: Wakata Mayura

Belkarangers, ATTACK

*Belkarangers >>> Ryotaro*

Mayura: *pulling Ryotaro gift-wrapped in ribbons*

You're gonna get taken home

Asagi: Yes Mayura, that's the way!

And nope, Julie and Mayura don't have profiles yet, though they will soon

Quote:
Zomg, one less possible love interest for my OC. I'm starting to think I'll have to make my own one.
I think that's a good idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post

More like throwing her cape at an enemy and turning them into swiss cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500
Neil actually befriends Teana? USO DA!!!!!!

About Tea, will we get to see her asking the operators for "guns. Lots of guns" ?

*runs*
Yep, although the side effect is Teana having a crush on him

And Teana needs a trenchcoat and shades first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Oh, and I know certain people here are going to have a field day with this, but I decided I've had enough Kamen Rider references I couldn't possibly understand thrown at me and decided to dive head-first into Kamen Rider Den-O (why Den-O? Dunno, that last youtube looked sweet)

The power of OC compels you

Just As Planned

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
In Soviet OC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito
It's not Trigun either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito
Maybe to a TWIN-CON like YOU!
You did agree with me though earlier

Quote:

Lol, thx, but I didn't make it. I was referred to it by a friend of mine, a former Marine (1st stint: aircraft crew, 2nd stint: M60 Patton MG gunner) and cop. Text below:

...On a side note, it's probably a good thing there are no TSAB Marines. They'd kick the Army's ass so hard it wouldn't be funny. (Currently, Army officers in Iraq are saying the Marines have adapted faster to COIN than the Army and are doing well, leading by example. Imagine, an Iraqi Army with Marine ethos.... dangerous.)
Talk about a Most Holy Pistol

And yes, the original is always the best

*looks at all the 1911 3rd-World knock-offs, mods and customs*

If there are no TSAB Marines... why not make one?

*Runs*

Quote:
Why not? *GRIN*
Yes, why not?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-02-13, 23:31   Link #19700
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
song ATM: The Arrow of Destiny (SRW: OGS)

Quote:

1: awesome!

2: wonder how the anime will turn out if there are Marines.

==================

Quote:
Yes, only in your CRACK can one even think of turning 47 into a female!!!!
Female 47? Do want NAO

*runs*

Quote:
... now I'm just waiting for the OC version of the Paper Sisters...

*runs*
Will there be the Great Meganekko Queen version?

*runs again

Quote:
Franz as Alteisen? Do want

Quote:
Dude, you're asking the wrong question.

What will they NOT wear?

That is the right question

*runs*
Indeed.

*runs yet again*

Quote:
Actually Subaru has the Drill

For limit break, Teana needs guns named Ebony and Ivory

*runs*
Ebony & Ivory? OSHI-

In before Teana donning red trench coat and hacking/slashing drones while eating pizza.

*runs yet again*

Quote:
More like throwing her cape at an enemy and turning them into swiss cheese
And then wearing crappy disguises because her true identity is afraid of its friend.

Quote:
Yep, although the side effect is Teana having a crush on him

And Teana needs a trenchcoat and shades first
1: ah, I see then.

2:
Closed Thread