AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-03-14, 18:02   Link #1961
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, as long as everyone involved goes into this knowing that the series might go on hiatus at any time, the impact will be lessened at the time when it inevitably does.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-14, 18:14   Link #1962
Wandering Soul

That is good to hear. The fact that I fully expect it go on hiatus again means that I really won't be affected when it inevitably does.
Old 2016-03-14, 18:58   Link #1963
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
Let see he can go a full year this time.

That's waaaaayyyy too optimistic, if you ask me. Honestly, at this point I'd be satisfied if we can get at least 10 chapters before Togashi retreats to his cave, lol.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-14, 19:12   Link #1964
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

At least I hope for one or two new volumes. HxH sold a lot years ago in Japan.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-14, 20:02   Link #1965
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
That's waaaaayyyy too optimistic, if you ask me. Honestly, at this point I'd be satisfied if we can get at least 10 chapters before Togashi retreats to his cave, lol.
A man can dream can he? The reason it coming back because jump need some money making since ass class is ending and toriko is close to the end. Naruto is done and bleach is on its last arc, jump needed a popular series to fill the void til a next big hit comes in.
Old 2016-03-14, 21:17   Link #1966
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yes, I'm sure Togashi could have come back any time but was waiting for Jump to need money...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-14, 21:30   Link #1967
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

lol whatever is going on with Jump has nothing to do with anything. Only Togashi himself decides when he shows up for work.

And yes, he actually CAN afford that.

Also, I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but I'm wondering how high the "Scribble level" will be this time around.

I'm fairly sure the scribbliness of some of the later Chimera Ant chapters can be attributed to his back pains, but his PR is always very hush-hush so we don't know what the status of that stuff is right now.

For all we know, he could have undergone some kind of operation and has finished going through rehab. That stuff takes a while. There might also be some other issues at play here.

But that same count it can be equally likely that nothing improved at all on that. And a new hiatus might be imminent.

Of course this is all going off that back pain article someone linked quite a while ago. I'm not 100% sure of its legitimacy, I just feel it is most likely.

Last edited by Dengar; 2016-03-14 at 21:41.
Old 2016-03-14, 22:02   Link #1968
B214

And 1 chapter later, Hunter x Hunter returns to hiatus.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-14, 22:04   Link #1969
thefreakmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
And 1 chapter later, Hunter x Hunter returns to hiatus.
seems legit
thefreakmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-14, 22:26   Link #1970
Maxulous
mono no aware

"We gotta savor every last drop!"

Togashi finally taking a hiatus from hiatuses is the headline.
Maxulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-14, 22:31   Link #1971
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
lol whatever is going on with Jump has nothing to do with anything. Only Togashi himself decides when he shows up for work.

And yes, he actually CAN afford that.

Also, I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but I'm wondering how high the "Scribble level" will be this time around.

I'm fairly sure the scribbliness of some of the later Chimera Ant chapters can be attributed to his back pains, but his PR is always very hush-hush so we don't know what the status of that stuff is right now.

For all we know, he could have undergone some kind of operation and has finished going through rehab. That stuff takes a while. There might also be some other issues at play here.

But that same count it can be equally likely that nothing improved at all on that. And a new hiatus might be imminent.

Of course this is all going off that back pain article someone linked quite a while ago. I'm not 100% sure of its legitimacy, I just feel it is most likely.
Back issues can really do a toll on someone, especially considering he has to sit up in a chair for at least a good chunk of a day to draw things. We all like to joke about Dragon Quest but I'm almost certain this was mostly due to his health issues.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-14, 23:13   Link #1972
Ladiusman

Well, well! And here I was personally betting whether Bastard!!! or HxH would come out of hiatus first...

Yep, time to see how many chapters Togashi will put out this time.
Ladiusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-15, 04:56   Link #1973
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Seafoam View Post
Back issues can really do a toll on someone, especially considering he has to sit up in a chair for at least a good chunk of a day to draw things. We all like to joke about Dragon Quest but I'm almost certain this was mostly due to his health issues.
As someone who has had minor back issues at one point, I can confirm that even with "minor" back issues, "uncomfortable" is a severe understatement. If it's anything hernia-related, said "uncomfortableness" would be many times worse.
Old 2016-03-15, 09:14   Link #1974
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
As someone who has had minor back issues at one point, I can confirm that even with "minor" back issues, "uncomfortable" is a severe understatement. If it's anything hernia-related, said "uncomfortableness" would be many times worse.
Now I see. For a second I thought he would move to a monthly magazine like the D.Gray-man Katsura Hoshino, but Hoshino did not suffer from that.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-15, 16:36   Link #1975
marvelB

Quote:
Well, the most recent round of chapters were actually pretty good with keeping the scribble levels to a minimum, so I think I can see Togashi keeping that up for this next round.

Anyways, putting aside the usual talk about scribbles and hiatuses..... anyone got any expectations? Like for instance, a possible return of the Ryodan? I rather miss those guys, myself....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-15, 19:03   Link #1976
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

There is a time and place for everything and everyone. And this is not the time and place for the phantom troupe, imho.
Old 2016-03-15, 23:28   Link #1977
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I want to read HxH as much as anyone else but I'm holding my breath until we get a good number of chapters. Last time we celebrated the return too and he went back to hiatus after some chapters again.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-16, 01:12   Link #1978
foxbox360
New Age Badass

It went on hiatus after the anime end, if he makes a least three volume of chapters we might get some ovas.
Old 2016-03-16, 06:55   Link #1979
Sixth
Hu Tao

Sigh, when even bother to continue HxH? Just hiatus to the end please.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-16, 07:48   Link #1980
LevelSeven

^please dont, maybe he will finish it this time?

PS: would anyone belief a theory that the togashi never stopped working on HxH even while on hiatus? he went slower and took his time but in his home he has around 100 chapters which will weekly go to the publishers one by one
would be awesome to know that such amount is guaranteed
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
overpowered villain