AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-22, 17:45   Link #1961
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

And freedom and happiness comes with a high body count.

I can't wait for the final gun battle.
Old 2009-09-22, 18:00   Link #1962
maplehurry

Quote:
Now we're talking about that if Reiji would've talked with Cal and explained her things much better then it might've worked. But the point is on the 'might'. Reiji can't gamble on something like that. If he really wanted to protect Ellen then he must solve things as surely as he could. That's why he determined to kill Cal. I say once again: There's no middle road. It took a lot of mental power from Reiji to bring himself to actually do it. So either talking things out, but at failure losing the duel or winning the duel but losing Cal for sure. He choose the later.
No, if Reiji REALLY wants to be sure, he would've take on Cal together with Elen...
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 18:15   Link #1963
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Given the deaths of Clau and Lizzie, there is no way it would ever be that convenient.
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Right. Requiem of the Phantom is a dark story. Such a bright end would make the whole thing wrong.
Well duh. I was just stating my opinion. Sorry if I like a happy story more.
Old 2009-09-22, 18:35   Link #1964
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
I was hoping for that ending, too bad it'll never come to light.
I dont think i would have liked it if it was all neat and rolled up like that it would not have fit the dark aura. Iv had the opperunity to hear how the game went and then crossed it with the anime. They did leave things out that would have made an impact. But i also see why they left certain parts out as they were going for the kill on Cal. The one thing i am happy about is that Reiji takes responsbility for the things he has done. If he had been in denial about the things hes done for his own survival i would have been pissed.

Oh well there things none of us are ever going to agree on we all have our own take on things. However, now we have to focus on how this is all going to end. Will SM escape yet again and prove that his creations are perfect or will the hammer be dropped on his ass.

Its funny though all the killing, all the death, all the futures stolen there is only one thing that has remained constant and to me personally is the root and thas Inferno itself it remains constant. But even if you destory Inferno something else will only takes its place that might be even more dangerous than Inferno was were.

Damnit I miss Claud
Old 2009-09-22, 19:14   Link #1965
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Did anyone else see this?

Spoiler for Picture of anime Cal (DDT?):
That's interesting. Might give some hope to those wishing for an OVA alternate ending down the line.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 00:07   Link #1966
Soraya21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Did anyone else see this?

Spoiler for Picture of anime Cal (DDT?):
Yeah, I believe they used that design for one of their promo merchandise for the series.

Spoiler for tagged for size:

And here's a complementary item with Elen in a swimsuit.

Spoiler for tagged for size:
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 05:24   Link #1967
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

There could be a Cal ending in the manga, 2 volumes are already out. It's serialized in Comic Alive, like Kampfer, Zero no Tsukaima, Kanokon, etc.
Old 2009-09-23, 07:35   Link #1968
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

If only just Reiji will have killed scythe instead of playing like the murderer in the movies nothing of this will happening ...
For Cal , at leasts he should have explained what happenned before instead of looking at her boobs ...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 11:04   Link #1969
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
If only just Reiji will have killed scythe instead of playing like the murderer in the movies nothing of this will happening ...
Technically speaking, Reji has killed Scythe already.

Reji did not fail really. At that memorable dock scene, Reji fired the perfect shot that would have killed that vermin Scythe.

However Ein deliberately got in Reji's line of sight. She took a bullet meant to end Scythes miserable existence.

She sacrificed herself in order to protect that thing she called Master.

I suppose you can say she was well programmed and didn't as yet define her own existence beyond a mere tool. Even though she and Reji were practically eloping.

In the end, because of Reji, Scythe is a dead man. It is just that his body hasn't caught up with that fact yet.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 11:45   Link #1970
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
That kind of thinking is somewhat ridiculous. So if someone saves you then you're practiculary dead?
No, but Skythe's downfall has begun with that. In the end the seed Claudia hinted bears it's fruit even if not in a way she intended.
I hope Elen shoots Skythe...that's the way to show she isn't a mere tool(or at least not his).
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 12:28   Link #1971
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
That kind of thinking is somewhat ridiculous. So if someone saves you then you're practiculary dead?
No, but Skythe's downfall has begun with that. In the end the seed Claudia hinted bears it's fruit even if not in a way she intended.
I hope Elen shoots Skythe...that's the way to show she isn't a mere tool(or at least not his).
Yeah.. Zetsubo's thinking doesn't make much sense. But it would be great for Elen to kill Scythe. That would truly show that she is past him and is looking to the future.
Old 2009-09-23, 12:42   Link #1972
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
I see the error.

No thats not what it means.

I guess it is an idiom/metaphor particular to where I am from.

I was silly enough to think it was self explanatory.

What it means is that someone, in this case Scythe, is clearly marked for death.
Therefore that person is "already dead" and their body has not caught up to the fact yet.
There is no way he is going to survive Reji or Ellen.

I miss applied it in a sense...

Reji wants to kill Sychte.

I am not so sure about Ellen but she may have that desire as well.

Scythe is the first person Reji ever wanted to kill of his own free will.

This desire of course was fertilized by Clau.

Reji however was almost granted that desire if not for brainwashed Ein putting herself in the way.

Given that Ellen has now attained mental freedom, she and Reji will not make the same mistake twice.

They are both lethal in their own right, and as a combo are like a symphony orchestra of murder.

Scythes long term survival is 0.

Thus... Scythe is a dead man... he just doesn't know it yet.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 12:43   Link #1973
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
You guys do realize that hes speaking metaphorically right?
Old 2009-09-23, 13:13   Link #1974
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Yeah...but still.
Now with the longer explanation it's clear. Sorry to misunderstand it.
Plot-sense Skythe was destined to die since the first few episodes.
And speaking about methamorphological sense...I doubt it a bit again. Reiji afterall is only one person. He hardly has any kind of allies or connections. If Skythe really had the will to kill him he sure could do that. But he's damn arrogant.
Old 2009-09-23, 13:29   Link #1975
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Reiji is not just one person. He was Inferno's best assassin. He is Sycthe's best experiment, a man feared in the underground world, just the word "Phantom" sends shivers down the spine of anyone who hears it. He was also a man who killed dozens of people, even children.

He also has one of the best allies anyone could have, Ein. The first Phantom ever existed and Sycthe's first experiment, who needs allies? =)

Cal, who was destined to become Drei, was also in love with him. If he wasn't stupid, he could have easily manipulated her into becoming one of his allies, but it was explained in the past 30 pages what happened and what not. =)

Not to mention Mio falling in love with him, Reiji could have gained anything he wanted, if he was as manipulative as Sycthe, that is.
Old 2009-09-23, 13:52   Link #1976
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Reiji is not just one person. He was Inferno's best assassin. He is Sycthe's best experiment, a man feared in the underground world, just the word "Phantom" sends shivers down the spine of anyone who hears it. He was also a man who killed dozens of people, even children.

He also has one of the best allies anyone could have, Ein. The first Phantom ever existed and Sycthe's first experiment, who needs allies? =)

Cal, who was destined to become Drei, was also in love with him. If he wasn't stupid, he could have easily manipulated her into becoming one of his allies, but it was explained in the past 30 pages what happened and what not. =)

Not to mention Mio falling in love with him, Reiji could have gained anything he wanted, if he was as manipulative as Sycthe, that is.

Many of the statements in which you state are true. Just to add a little something who is responsible for the Reiji we see before us now. Someone who was not in SM sphere of control the X factor in the experiment. That was Claudia thanks to her Reiji did not end up like Elen and because he did not end up like Elen he was able to pull her away from SM.
Old 2009-09-23, 14:01   Link #1977
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Many of the statements in which you state are true. Just to add a little something who is responsible for the Reiji we see before us now. Someone who was not in SM sphere of control the X factor in the experiment. That was Claudia thanks to her Reiji did not end up like Elen and because he did not end up like Elen he was able to pull her away from SM.
Indeed. Claudia had an impact on Reiji's life as an assassin. It's thanks to her that he kept his emotions "intact" and didn't end up like Ein. He never loved nor hated her, he never felt anything for her imo.

But, I feel that Claudia's actions were inferior to that of Sycthe. He was basically controlling her as well, unkown to her that is. She killed her brother for the sake of getting up in ranks, but nobody ever trusted her, except Lizzie. She tried to manipulate the Godoh Group but she was already too late, Sycthe was already manipulating it, behind the scenes. Her last hope in the end was Reiji, but it was all for none, in the end she gained nothing and was killed by her best friend.

A truly tragic character, as expected from the story.
Old 2009-09-23, 14:15   Link #1978
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Well, I think Claude lost the fight as soon as she didn't recognise Skythe a threat anymore. I mean after Skythe's humiliating defeat Claudia didn't expect him to return and strike back. It's ridiculous. She knew he has his own list of connections and he's capable of making another Phantom the very least. It means as long as he lives he's a threat.
Or she thought Skythe wouldn't be able to recover that fast? I mean only half a year have passed since the scene at the docks.

Anyway, You said Reiji had Elen as a powerfull ally. It's true, but they're still two people.

Skythe has deep connections with people all around the world. He's a member of Inferno and soon he could've overthrown the leadership and take the whole organisation for himself. It means Reiji and Elen has no other choice but to hide. It's far from a death threat to him.
But he was damn arrogant. His research was more important and at the last scene(his appearance with the Zahlen Shwester in the final fight) he thinks he's invincible. And he's destined to be surprised and terified at his mistake.
Old 2009-09-23, 14:27   Link #1979
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well, I think Claude lost the fight as soon as she didn't recognise Skythe a threat anymore. I mean after Skythe's humiliating defeat Claudia didn't expect him to return and strike back. It's ridiculous. She knew he has his own list of connections and he's capable of making another Phantom the very least. It means as long as he lives he's a threat.
Or she thought Skythe wouldn't be able to recover that fast? I mean only half a year have passed since the scene at the docks.

Anyway, You said Reiji had Elen as a powerfull ally. It's true, but they're still two people.

Skythe has deep connections with people all around the world. He's a member of Inferno and soon he could've overthrown the leadership and take the whole organisation for himself. It means Reiji and Elen has no other choice but to hide. It's far from a death threat to him.
But he was damn arrogant. His research was more important and at the last scene(his appearance with the Zahlen Shwester in the final fight) he thinks he's invincible. And he's destined to be surprised and terified at his mistake.
That's true, Sycthe could have taken over Inferno. But, people like him won't be satisfied that way, Sycthe wasn't that type of person. He doesn't want all those responsabilities to befall him. He wants to experiment, gain something more powerful and useful than it's precedence without holding any responsabilities. He wants nothing except success, failure is not an option.

Raymond McGuire, the leader of Inferno was easily played by Sycthe, at least that's the impression the viewers got. He seemed like the type of person that won't be fooled by anyone, especially with his poker face and calm attitude. I guess he didn't really have an impact on the story that much, but at least we know that ALOT of people fear him.
Old 2009-09-23, 14:28   Link #1980
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
You guys do realize that hes speaking metaphorically right?
Then he shouldn't use the word "technically."

Quote:
I miss Claudia. And Sumeragi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Indeed. Claudia had an impact on Reiji's life as an assassin. It's thanks to her that he kept his emotions "intact" and didn't end up like Ein. He never loved nor hated her, he never felt anything for her imo.

But, I feel that Claudia's actions were inferior to that of Sycthe. He was basically controlling her as well, unkown to her that is. She killed her brother for the sake of getting up in ranks, but nobody ever trusted her, except Lizzie. She tried to manipulate the Godoh Group but she was already too late, Sycthe was already manipulating it, behind the scenes. Her last hope in the end was Reiji, but it was all for none, in the end she gained nothing and was killed by her best friend.

A truly tragic character, as expected from the story.
Claudia was not as deceptive. But she, like Reiji, failed to try to explain themselves and paid the price. Although Cal paid for it more than Reiji in the end, he still killed a girl he loved.

There is a lot more tragedy in this story than you realize. Its been a long series.. I forgot about Claudia and her brother. Not to mention it all started with Reiji's old life being tragically murdered (clever, right?).

Tags
action, eroge, gunfights, seinen