AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-03-30, 04:34   Link #1961
csuree
The Most Hated™

lonely at the top(haruno)...lonely at the bottom(8man)......you are only safe in the middle.... xD
you see their personalities cause this...
Old 2014-03-30, 09:22   Link #1962
femrilu

a bit off topic:
csuree, please reduce the amount of full stops lol. Most of the things you say are really accurate and easy to understand, the dots just make it harder. Use like only 3 or commatas pls !

And being lonely at the bot isn't hard. You can just simply pick someone at the bot aswell and use him/her to upgrade urself by making them inferior to you. That way you are kinda friends. Hue.
femrilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 09:41   Link #1963
Flunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by femrilu View Post
a bit off topic:
csuree, please reduce the amount of full stops lol. Most of the things you say are really accurate and easy to understand, the dots just make it harder. Use like only 3 or commatas pls !

And being lonely at the bot isn't hard. You can just simply pick someone at the bot aswell and use him/her to upgrade urself by making them inferior to you. That way you are kinda friends. Hue.
Or drag someone to the bottomless pit, so that they cant escape anymore
BTW, am I the only one who didn't see this 8man? It kinda different from what I've seen so far, still it was from the first book
Flunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 09:48   Link #1964
femrilu

The artist style kinda shifted, not sure if because of the anime
Old 2014-03-30, 09:49   Link #1965
csuree
The Most Hated™

Sorry having to put out dots became kinda my style of writing. It wants to represent that my thoughts are drifting further and it is like a period of silence.

Good to know that my thoughts are easy to understand (I learned English since I was 4 on on intensive level);

About your line of thinking. Are you implying that Haruno picked out Hachiman and now she is trying to become friends with her?

It seems a bit diabolic but it might be true. many people use other as an outlet for their frustration so I would not be surprised if Haruno was the same. She might be bending that way, but who knows. 1 thing is sure. Among the guys she knows she likes Hachiman the most, but we do not know what will that imply.

The thing that still baffles me: why is Haruno and Hayama also so persistent. Does this have to do with the school festival and the field trip? Is Hayama trying to make up for his shortcomings? Is this the start of mission "Save Hachiman from himself"? Makes me wonder. In LN's bringing up the past is usually the first step of solving the big problems of the series. It might be the case with this one too.

Lots of question marks. Can't wait for the answers. Another thing. I think I remember correctly if I say that these days should a new novel come out? volume 9 to be precise. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: His hair looks nice here. The anime had a sloppy hairstyle, like he's not interested in his appearance. Here he seems like ha cares about it. IMO
Old 2014-03-30, 10:20   Link #1966
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flunch View Post
Or drag someone to the bottomless pit, so that they cant escape anymore
BTW, am I the only one who didn't see this 8man? It kinda different from what I've seen so far, still it was from the first book
Ponkan first drew him with normal eyes and without the cowlick, but then caught up with the anime illustrators. Besides, as I said, his style generally evolved(check out round-faced Yukino on that picture and that sme sharp-chinned Yukino in Vol8, among other things)
SomeChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 10:32   Link #1967
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post

The thing that still baffles me: why is Haruno and Hayama also so persistent. Does this have to do with the school festival and the field trip? Is Hayama trying to make up for his shortcomings? Is this the start of mission "Save Hachiman from himself"? Makes me wonder. In LN's bringing up the past is usually the first step of solving the big problems of the series. It might be the case with this one too.
Don't think it's something noble like "Save Hachiman from himself" (what would that even mean?).

My (probably far-fetched and definitely biased) theory is:

1. It's not Haruno's and Hayama's joint strategy. Haruno's the mastermind, and Hayama is as much of a chess piece as everyohne else.
2. Haruno wants Hayama to go on that date and take Hikki with him. Main motivation is that she wants Hikki to meet up with his crush, but since the said crush wouldn't go out with him(because really...), but will go out with Hayama. So the solution is to make Hikki come at Hayama's request. There are quite a bunch of possible reasons for that, but for now I leave them be.
So, in short: she persuades or outright manipulates Hayama into taking Hikki to the date to see the result of said date. Most probably for the lulz and to troll Yukino(i.e. again for the lulz).
SomeChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 10:43   Link #1968
femrilu

Orimot is his crush from the past, so the only reason to have hikki go there, because of orimoto, would be teasing.

As for theory on Hayato's ways of acting:
Due to his personality, it is quite likely that Hayato wants to break 8man's way of living and also befriends him. After the school-festival and the fake confession, Hayato kinda got to see the good in 8man, might be a reason.
Old 2014-03-30, 11:29   Link #1969
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen

8man: 'Yuigahama, be careful what you say. You might find yourself accidentally committing suicide one day.” this made my day
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 12:16   Link #1970
femrilu

I got a new theory.
Hayato says he likes someone whose name starts with Yu-
Hayato knows 8man once had a crush on Orimoto.

(Even though the last chapter kinda pointed that it might be Haruno (her last name starts with Yu-).

Hayato now hopes 8man might dig up old feeling sfor Orimoto.

So if this Yu-person is Yukino, he might be interested in trying to get 8man and her further apart.
Just realized that I was looking at Hayato as a good angel lol

btw, just noticed the old art looks more shoujo fluffy, too cute for the story xD

Last edited by femrilu; 2014-03-30 at 12:45.
Old 2014-03-30, 12:50   Link #1971
Tenzen12

As Haruno said, Hayate has lot of pride. He might be not saint, but he wouldn't act that desperately just to destroy already cracked relationship, not mentioned he never shown active hostility toward Hachiman.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 13:08   Link #1972
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

I agree with that. ^^

I don't think it is some bad intentions. Then that talk with Haruno:

Spoiler:

wouldn't make much sense. He would, most likely, rather find an another way to do it than approach him directly. Also I don't think that Haruno would agree on something like that.

My feeling is that somehow the whole ordeal is a sort of a parallel to the prior events involving Hayato and Yukino and a possible fallout from a confession. That's the theme of this volume, dealing with the past. The gist of it seems at poking on old wounds and now it is Hikki's turn, like the fake confession from the 7th volume did remind those two at what happened before.
lijenstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 13:10   Link #1973
Flunch

Honestly, why 8man has to give a f*ck about Hayama's pride and his bowing? He owes 8man big one, and still he approaches him again, in the class, so that anyone could see their conversation(maybe not hear, but to see that Mr. hayama bowing to some Hikki, this how it looks like to the class) giving 8man extra attention that he didn't need. Irritating, so much irritating. And still haruno pushes 8man, 'cause of useless Hayama that can't do anything himself entire time. Oh, I reached the point where I find myself Hayama-hater, but can't deal with it. Is there anyone who can give me hint, why there so much ppl who knows about him and who found of him(I mean in novel, not ppl liking him here ), I'm in confusion, like 'How come..?'
Old 2014-03-30, 13:23   Link #1974
Heat066

I think Hayato actually admires 8man, in the sense that he stays true to his ideals, since he always has to wear a mask to maintain his circle of friends, I guess out of them all Hikigaya is the only one he can talk about serious matters, that is hinted on the current vol.

This guy really grew on me, I could say he's my fav. male character here, if it wasn't for Hachiman.
Heat066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 13:28   Link #1975
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
in the class, so that anyone could see their conversation(maybe not hear, but to see that Mr. hayama bowing to some Hikki, this how it looks like to the class) giving 8man extra attention that he didn't need.

Quote:
When I arrived at the front of the door, someone suddenly tapped my shoulders.

“Mind if I talk to you a bit?”

When I turned around, the person before me was Hayama and his refreshing smile.
Point 1, Hikki was outside the classroom and Hayama was as the same.

Quote:
“…What do you want?”

When I answered, Hayama looked around him before telling me to come over. Apparently, he wanted to have a secret chat.

Quote:
After I spat those final words, I left the area.

“I see…”

Just before I closed the door behind me, small murmurs could be heard.
They moved away from the classroom. The so called "murmurs" are Hayama's "I see". Hayama does have a lot of pride, and he wouldn't bow his head in front of everyone.
Old 2014-03-30, 13:32   Link #1976
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post

They moved away from the classroom. The so called "murmurs" are Hayama's "I see". Hayama does have a lot of pride, and he wouldn't bow his head in front of everyone.
That makes a lot of sense, didn't saw it that way lol
Old 2014-03-30, 13:34   Link #1977
Flunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post

My bad, didn't read into it. Lacking english skillz, meh. I should try better next time Anyways, this fella bothers me so much
Old 2014-03-30, 13:41   Link #1978
Tenzen12

Quote:
Honestly, why 8man has to give a f*ck about Hayama's pride and his bowing? He owes 8man big one, and still he approaches him again, in the class, so that anyone could see their conversation(maybe not hear, but to see that Mr. hayama bowing to some Hikki, this how it looks like to the class) giving 8man extra attention that he didn't need. Irritating, so much irritating. And still haruno pushes 8man, 'cause of useless Hayama that can't do anything himself entire time. Oh, I reached the point where I find myself Hayama-hater, but can't deal with it. Is there anyone who can give me hint, why there so much ppl who knows about him and who found of him(I mean in novel, not ppl liking him here ), I'm in confusion, like 'How come..?'

Because Hayate is one of very few people who aknowledged him and care for his welll-being (though it's not his priority), even though they probably can never be friends there is plenty of mutual respect.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 13:50   Link #1979
Flunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Because Hayate is one of very few people who aknowledged him and care for his welll-being (though it's not his priority), even though they probably can never be friends there is plenty of mutual respect.
Mm, that's pretty true, but the thing is, did Hachiman seek for aknowlegement? Mutual respect, probably yes, but than again, that pitying from Hayato makes 8man totally sick. Can't Hayato at least have that omitted?
Old 2014-03-30, 13:57   Link #1980
Heat066

Quote:
Mm, that's pretty true, but the thing is, did Hachiman seek for aknowlegement? Mutual respect, probably yes, but than again, that pitying from Hayato makes 8man totally sick. Can't Hayato at least have that omitted?
The thing is, did he do anything bad? nope.

It's entirely on Hachiman's side, Hayama's not at fault for not understanding him, it's not like he can read minds.

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck