AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-08-14, 08:17   Link #1961
Ivan A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
So lets all agree on these three things and call it a debate.
1. Izayoi is the strongest of the 3 problem children at the moment
2. Asuka and Yo have nearly mastered their gifts but izayoi hasnt mastered his quite yet.
3. While all 3 will no doubt grow stronger no matter how strong asuka and Yo get they will never be stronger then Izayoi

Can we agree to that

Agreed, it was getting fun...
Ivan A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 11:14   Link #1962
Haru00

Quote:
2. Asuka and Yo have nearly mastered their gifts but izayoi hasnt mastered his quite yet.
3. While all 3 will no doubt grow stronger no matter how strong asuka and Yo get they will never be stronger then Izayoi

Can we agree to that
I couldn't have said it better myself. Izayoi is one badass guy. The best MC I know (IMO)
Haru00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 12:15   Link #1963
Jirachier

Quote:
I would change that to "never be AS strong"
Old 2014-08-14, 12:29   Link #1964
ImperialFlameGod8190

^Jirachier i understand why you say that but i respectfully decline
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 12:31   Link #1965
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

Can we agree to that
1. agree
2. disagree
3. disagree

Asuka is clearly still trying to understand her gift. She is currently using some aspect of it but is far form actual Mastery.

Yo's gift allows her a endless combination of traits and gifts of other creature. Her only limit is her imagination and her body's stamina.

Asuka will always have a weakness in terms of her body being a ordinary human. But Yo however has endless possibilities of changing her body into something stronger then Izayoi.
Old 2014-08-14, 12:40   Link #1966
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
1. agree
2. disagree
3. disagree

Asuka is clearly still trying to understand her gift. She is currently using some aspect of it but is far form actual Mastery.

Yo's gift allows her a endless combination of traits and gifts of other creature. Her only limit is her imagination and her body's stamina.

Asuka will always have a weakness in terms of her body being a ordinary human. But Yo however has endless possibilities of changing her body into something stronger then Izayoi.
A gift that is classified as "Unknown" would easily have A LOT MORE potential than something like Yo's gift...
Why?

Because it's unknown... So we don't know what it does other than his gift to destroy other gifts. <--- That might not even be his only move..
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 13:01   Link #1967
Bladedknight
Azi GARhaka enthusiast

Quote:
But Yo however has endless possibilities of changing her body into something stronger then Izayoi.
Izayoi can be considered as the epitome of human evolution. In all fantasy stories, it is always the humans who are the heroes and the knights that slay the dragons and demon lords. You will see the hero face off against mythical creatures of all kinds, the hero may not always win on the first try, but they always adapt and triump, and in the end of the day, that is why they are called the hero.
Bladedknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 13:04   Link #1968
Ivan A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
A gift that is classified as "Unknown" would easily have A LOT MORE potential than something like Yo's gift...
Why?

Because it's unknown... So we don't know what it does other than his gift to destroy other gifts. <--- That might not even be his only move..
Itīs a good point.

From what we know he can cleave through mountains and rivers, and destroy other gifts. But does he know the full extent of his Gift? Does he know exactly what it does? Unlike the other two (Asuka and Yo) he doesnīt seem interested in "understanding" his powers. Is it because he knows what he can do? Or what?
Ivan A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 13:15   Link #1969
Bladedknight
Azi GARhaka enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan A. View Post
Itīs a good point.

From what we know he can cleave through mountains and rivers, and destroy other gifts. But does he know the full extent of his Gift? Does he know exactly what it does? Unlike the other two (Asuka and Yo) he doesnīt seem interested in "understanding" his powers. Is it because he knows what he can do? Or what?
Unlike Asuka and Yo, Izayoi never had a desire to get stronger since he entered Little Garden (until probably after the fight with Azi Dahaka).
Old 2014-08-14, 13:18   Link #1970
Ivan A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladedknight View Post
Unlike Asuka and Yo, Izayoi never had a desire to get stronger since he entered Little Garden (until probably after the fight with Azi Dahaka).
Does understanding his Gift means getting stronger?? I would want to know what Iīm capable of if I were him.
Old 2014-08-14, 13:24   Link #1971
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Izayoi can be considered as the epitome of human evolution. In all fantasy stories, it is always the humans who are the heroes and the knights that slay the dragons and demon lords. You will see the hero face off against mythical creatures of all kinds, the hero may not always win on the first try, but they always adapt and triump, and in the end of the day, that is why they are called the hero.
If you are going to say Izayoi is the strongest becuase the Author is going to him that way. There is no point in this discussion.

In-universe however, Yo's gift also allows her evolve and adapt to Izayoi as well. The way Yo's gift is setup the only limitation is her stamina and imagination.
Old 2014-08-14, 13:26   Link #1972
Bladedknight
Azi GARhaka enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan A. View Post
Does understanding his Gift means getting stronger?? I would want to know what Iīm capable of if I were him.
Well, for one, understanding his Gift would help me decide how to use it more efficiently.

But that stuff probably doesn't seem interesting enough in Izayoi's eyes. He does tend to go for momentary joy more than long term ones. That is why he fights without technique.

Even if he knew that nobody back on the lower worlds could challenge him, he still could have picked up a martial arts, or refined his own combat style, but he didn't.

And then when he got dropped into Little Garden, the situation was still the same as back on the lower world, nobody could challenge him up until a certain point.

Quote:
If you are going to say Izayoi is the strongest becuase the Author is going to him that way. There is no point in this discussion.

In-universe however, Yo's gift also allows her evolve and adapt to Izayoi as well. The way Yo's gift is setup the only limitation is her stamina and imagination.
I did not say Izayoi is the strongest, but that he is like the hero (human), and Yo is like the mythical beasts.

The mythical beasts always loses to the human in the end.
Old 2014-08-14, 13:56   Link #1973
XFire
150% done

Quote:

Can we agree to that
The first is obvious, the third is up in the air, and the second is flat-out wrong.

We still don't even know what Asuka's gift really is, much less its full potential. From the way things are going, her ability will end up able to bestow Divinity to anything she wants, whenever she wants. This would effectively make her an actual god, not just someone who had reached divinity.

And Yo's gift has no limits. Or at least, no mathematically calculable limits. She has thousands of species to draw upon, and can combine them however she wants. She's like mix-and-match Ben 10, but with magic instead of science.
Old 2014-08-14, 15:45   Link #1974
MonkeyDude

I thought Izayoi's ability to destroy gifts would make him the anathema to people whose power stem solely from the usage of gifts? If Asuka can bestow Divinity then he could cancel that effect. If Yo can manifest herself in millions of combinations then he can revert her back to her base state. At least that's my understanding of his powers and that's supposedly only the tip of the iceberg?
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 15:50   Link #1975
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
I thought Izayoi's ability to destroy gifts would make him the anathema to people whose power stem solely from the usage of gifts? If Asuka can bestow Divinity then he could cancel that effect. If Yo can manifest herself in millions of combinations then he can revert her back to her base state. At least that's my understanding of his powers and that's supposedly only the tip of the iceberg?
so far we have seen Izayoi destroy a beam fire at him by Agol but unless he can destroy gift just by touch someone. I don't how he can revert Yo back to her original form.
Old 2014-08-14, 16:15   Link #1976
MonkeyDude

Quote:
so far we have seen Izayoi destroy a beam fire at him by Agol but unless he can destroy gift just by touch someone. I don't how he can revert Yo back to her original form.
Slashing at her with Aurora Pillar? *shrugs*

And don't forget neutralizing Percher's Black Winds. So I suppose it's safe to say that most, if not all, projectile attacks would be useless.
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 16:23   Link #1977
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
Slashing at her with Aurora Pillar? *shrugs*

And don't forget neutralizing Percher's Black Winds. So I suppose it's safe to say that most, if not all, projectile attacks would be useless.
seems more like Izayoi's power overwhelm the others.

Yo's power is changing herself. I don't see the Genome Tree shooting out pellets at Izayoi.
Old 2014-08-14, 16:29   Link #1978
Bladedknight
Azi GARhaka enthusiast

Quote:
seems more like Izayoi's power overwhelm the others.

Yo's power is changing herself. I don't see the Genome Tree shooting out pellets at Izayoi.
Izayoi punches the genome tree pendant with full force *shrug* it would be on par with Highness's punch that shattered Indra's Armor of Immortality.
Old 2014-08-14, 16:31   Link #1979
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Izayoi punches the genome tree pendant with full force *shrug* it would be on par with Highness's punch that shattered Indra's Armor of Immortality.
*if Izayoi can hit it or do you think Yo would just stand there to take the hit?
Old 2014-08-14, 16:34   Link #1980
ImperialFlameGod8190

Keep in mind that he also punched out a water gods attack with one punch has created a river with a kick and flicked a pebble and caused an explosion that woke up his group he's also consistently fought with very little regards for others. Its funny the only time he got serious (that i know of) when he first attacked his highness asuka and yo basically shivered because they were terrified
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate world, sneaker bunko